• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Treatment Of Ash's Oshawott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
At the beginning of the BW anime, I expected Oshawott to become Ash's best, fully evolved starter. Similar to Infernape and Torterra. Unfortunately, money beats everything else so they'll probably keep Oshawott as he is.
Which is sad because, well, Oshawott sucks. Worst member of Ash's team.

LizardonX

Banned
He may be the weakest starter since Kanto squirtle but all his screentime makes up for it.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I wouldn't say Oshawott is weak, he's lost for the sake of the plot and there's no way he'd beat a Hydreigon with how little damage Boldore inflicted. I wouldn't read much into it until we get a fair battle for Oshawott, as much as I hate how he's being portrayed.

Janovy

Banned
I wouldn't say Oshawott is weak, he's lost for the sake of the plot and there's no way he'd beat a Hydreigon with how little damage Boldore inflicted. I wouldn't read much into it until we get a fair battle for Oshawott, as much as I hate how he's being portrayed.
Well it seems as if he's losing a lot for the sake of the plot. :/

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Well it seems as if he's losing a lot for the sake of the plot. :/
Darmanitan:Bianca's dad's Pokemon since childhood, meaningless struggle from the start.

Hydreigon:Fully-evolved Dragon

Pansear:Crappy win for Chili, Oshawott should have blocked that Solar Beam with his scalchop sitting in his hand. He didn't win just to give Chili a win and make him look good, seems weird they just didn't have Pansear knock out Pansage if they wanted to make it look good.

Herdier:Make Cheren look good.

As long as the plot isn't working against him, he's shown to be a good battler. Knocked out Timburr easily, beat Clay's Krokorok, Cilan's Pansage, trained and learned to open his eyes open under water and one-shotted Palpitoad, trained to learn to not use his scalchop or rely on it heavily and beat Stephan's Blitzle.

For example Excadrill, Stunfisk, and Pikachu had no chance from the start against the Kami Trio because Landorus had to solve the problem on its own. When he isn't being used as comedic fodder, like against Herdier or Roggenrola, he's quite strong. He's in need of evolution right now mainly.

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
Would be nice to see a water starter of Ash's evolving. Cute or not, if you are smart enough with ANY Pokemon and make it 'bad ***' enough, teenage American boys will be all over it.

Only a water-type starter, or any water-type pokemon?

Well, they should instead pretending like they don't ever evolve unless they actually address it. It just bugs the hell out of me how such blatant plot holes are ignored. A butt-for-brains wild monkey would scratch his head at this.

I think of it as there evolutions not being triggered. In the games, reaching certain levels is what triggered the evolution of some pokemon but since levels are not used in the anime, there must be something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.