• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Yh but it just proves my point if you switch it out ;)

Then if you switch out when I use Talonflame's Brave Bird against a Mega Blaziken, does it mean that Mega Blaziken is worse than Talonflame? If so, it also means it is worse than T-tar, which also counters ice while countering Talonflame, but Rotom-W counters both, while Rotom-W is countered by Mega Sceptile, so Mega Sceptile is better than Talonflame, Ice types, T-tar and Mega Blaziken. Case and point, you lost.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Then if you switch out when I use Talonflame's Brave Bird against a Mega Blaziken, does it mean that Mega Blaziken is worse than Talonflame? If so, it also means it is worse than T-tar, which also counters ice while countering Talonflame, but Rotom-W counters both, while Rotom-W is countered by Mega Sceptile, so Mega Sceptile is better than Talonflame, Ice types, T-tar and Mega Blaziken. Case and point, you lost.

You both lost when you chose mega sceptile.......

in other news I may have spoken too soon earlier, I might not be able to open up till tomorrow. (sorry guys life is being a roller coaster for me right now)

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Well, I must say I like M-Sceptile better also, but that is because I always choose Grass-type Starters and build a team around them.

But, in other words, Ground Gym is open.

Challenger's Name: DJSummers
Leader Type/Owner: Dragon / SmeargleRocks
Triad/Team used against this Triad: Summit of the Ancients / Espeon, Manectric, Togekiss, Excadrill, Conkeldurr, Salamence
Challenger Result: Win 1 - 0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: Was doing alright, even though the beginning seemed confusing. A burn almost screwed me over, but luckily Manectric was able to pull it through alone. A very close match it was, and heart attack inducing.

Last edited:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
You both lost when you chose mega sceptile.......

in other news I may have spoken too soon earlier, I might not be able to open up till tomorrow. (sorry guys life is being a roller coaster for me right now)

That's because you didn't choose Treecko. Had you chosen him you'd always be above the skies.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
That's because you didn't choose Treecko. Had you chosen him you'd always be above the skies.

Did he sprout wings out of his butt too? ;P

nah i'm just waiting for mega altaria, now that will be an awesome mega.

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
Mega-Hariyama all the way! fire gym is closed!

Last edited:

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Challenger's name: DJSummers
Leader Type/Owner: SmeargleRocks Dragon
Triad/Team used against this Triad: Excadrill, Espeon, Togekiss, Manectric, Salamence, Conkelderr
Challenger Result: 0-1 Win
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: all came down to damage roles at the end, hydreigon live with around 51% health after taking an hp ice thought i could live another but it was only minimum damage role and my last poke fell after it, was a good game and i made some misplays here and there like not conserving certain pokes

Marashu

Mega Sceptile is the best and I'll wreck everyone's team who says the opposite with it, just like I did in the rotation tourney with my Sceptile, the difference is that it will hurt a lot more now :D.

Wow, then I clearly don't know how to use Sceptile. I used it in the Hoenn singles tournament, and all it did was faint. I think once or twice it did a bit of damage before that, but never enough to put a dent in the opponent's team.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Wow, then I clearly don't know how to use Sceptile. I used it in the Hoenn singles tournament, and all it did was faint. I think once or twice it did a bit of damage before that, but never enough to put a dent in the opponent's team.

I suppose you were using a physical Sceptile, is that right?

Marashu

Special. I had it scarfed, to counter other scarf-users. Leaf Storm, Nature Power (which became Tri Attack), HP Ice, and Focus Blast.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Special. I had it scarfed, to counter other scarf-users. Leaf Storm, Nature Power (which became Tri Attack), HP Ice, and Focus Blast.

Why scarf a thing with 120 base speed? That's like using air ballon on a Latios. If you wanna counter scarf users use priority. I use mine as a kinda of revenge killer with a life orb, modest nature with dragon pulse instead of Nature Power. I'll try to get an HP Fire one once ORAS come out.
It is outclassed by many things, but it works really well on my grass team, and it's Mega will probably work even better.

Marashu

Yeah, I figured I was doing something wrong with it. I'll switch it up next time I feel like using it (one of the grass slots in my gym is kind of a rotation slot, so it might sometimes find some time in there)

cryuel

The Ghost E3 is open for the next few hours~
I'm currently farming in FFX (oh the joy), so just PM me for challenges and I'll get back to you when I notice your message.

Edit: Sorry, but E3 is closed so that I'm in a better mindset for the next challenger(s).

...so cute~~~ E:

mega-sableye-art1.jpg

Edit:
Challenger's name: PokemonMadness8
Leader Type/Owner: Ghost/Cryuel
Triad/Team used against this Triad: Aegislash, Rotom-W, Smeargle, Latios, Talonflame, Scizor
Challenger Result: Loss 6-6 (forfeit)
Rate your performance: x/10
Rate opponent's performance: x/10
Comments about the match: I'm not going to lie, I'm not happy and quite frustrated about the arrangements prior to the match. It's one thing if there's a bad connection and battles don't occur as they should, but please communicate accordingly and appropriately when delays/dcs/etc. happen (in more than just 2-3 words or 2-3 word questions). You left literally after 2 rounds and said you "needed" to leave and after I had been trying to challenge you unsuccessfully in-game (for whatever reason) for almost half an hour, which was very frustrating to me. We are not a "customer service league" where when a challenger snaps their fingers we are summoned for a battle. We take the time to build teams and offer a good time (and atmosphere) so that Leaders and Challengers alike can have fun. That being said, I am sorry to say that I am officially giving you a strike for lack of proper communication in light of a rather disrespectful challenge. Please see this as an opportunity to better your communication skills and in time, if you have demonstrated that, your strike can disappear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.