• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
You won because cofagrigus flinched twice at how small your d is :p

oh if you didn't see it congrats to both of you! I put it on the results but that whole page is so much text x.x

Your Cofagrigus didn't call my Conk SIR thats why he got double flinched :p

Serioulsly...I might have missed it...and I'm still the big D

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Your Cofagrigus didn't call my Conk SIR thats why he got double flinched :p

Serioulsly...I might have missed it...and I'm still the big D

Isis is an Egyptian goddess, she calls no one sir. (still salty that she flinched twice, I mean cmon. first time I got to get her +2 from nasty plot ;A; )

also rock gym closed today.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Ya should've trick roomed then...if you have it

Also, if you don't call my female Conk SIR, she will make you call her SIR. thats why the double flinch came

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Ya should've trick roomed then...if you have it

Also, if you don't call my female Conk SIR, she will make you call her SIR. thats why the double flinch came

considering I'm the one who screwed up the most, I'll be the little d xD and was your Conkuldurr a girl? I didn't notice.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
considering I'm the one who screwed up the most, I'll be the little d xD and was your Conkuldurr a girl? I didn't notice.

Yes Conk is female. Also, you did well, its only because serebii was screwing up and it caused miscommunication. At least it was solved when i took us to SPT's Xat

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Yes there was miscommunication, but my dimwitted mind is still to blame for some of the stuff. I'll stop whining now xD Fighting gym should reopen tomorrow at some point for anyone interested.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Yes there was miscommunication, but my dimwitted mind is still to blame for some of the stuff. I'll stop whining now xD Fighting gym should reopen tomorrow at some point for anyone interested.

you still did good and i would like to partner with you again

Gratz.. double Ds Lmao

cryuel

Thanks for the input guys, Ive decided to stay open and be online as much as I can! :)

Yay, glad to hear it KenKong. :) If you need anything that I can possible accommodate, let me know and I'll see how I can help.

Its fine, just do what you gotta do :)

i wanted to make a joke on that but i wanted to avoid it

Wise choice. ;)

Again, congrats to Dew & Dragontamer!
Will announce the Raffle Winners and participation prize winner later today and also... present not one but two League surprises! You may all be excited until then! :3

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
The suspense is killing me :p

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Ice gym open :) Don't mind battling if you already have my badge. Also up for rotation battles if anyone wants to.

cryuel

Trinity League Updates:

1. MultiChrome Tournament Winners:
    Once again, congratulations to Team Dew & Dragontamer on winning yesterday's MultiChrome tournament!
    Dew and Dragontamer are the lucky winners of the nicknameable competitive shiny Dusclops and shiny Bannette respectively.
    Our random participant prize of a nicknameable trophy shiny Koffing goes to... Lord Fighting! Please contact BugPokemonMaster316 directly to claim your prize!

2. Weekly Raffle Corner:
    v8eOndf.png
    Congratulations to the following winners of this week's raffle prizes:
    1. Congratulations, TwinYoshi45: a 6IV shiny Fennekin (please contact Dragontamer directly to claim your prize)
    2. Sito: a 4IV, nicknameable shiny Treeko/Riolu (please contact Dragontamer directly to claim your prize)
      • Treeko: Jolly, Overgrow, missing Defence & Special Attack IV
      • Riolu: Timid, Steadfast with Vacuum Wave, missing HP & Attack IV
    3. Dew Watatsumi: a 5IV Charmander/Frillish/Gligar (let me know your choice by PM/VM)
      • Charmander: Adamant, Dragon Dance with Outrage, missing Sp. Attack IV (Timer Ball)
      • Frillish: Calm, Water Absorb with Recover, missing Attack IV (Dive Ball)
      • Gligar: Impish, Immunity, missing Sp. Attack IV (Poke Ball)

As always, if any of you would like to donate prizes, please let me know! In particular competitive and/or trophy shinies, as well as non-shiny 5IV Pokemon are always welcome. (if you've already let me know, please refresh my memory since I've had quite some confusion over who donated which prize this week for some reason)
    Prizes should be claimed sooner rather than later and will go back into the pot if not claimed until the next week's Raffle Winner announcement.

League Weekly Raffle Banner by Enchanted Hollow Graphics' FairyWitch

3. Trinity League Battle Frontier

ALL TRINITY LEAGUE GENERAL RULES APPLY

Battle Trainer Rules
    1) In order to challenge the League, fill out the application and copy-paste it directly into the thread. (if you haven't already to challenge Gym & E3 Leaders)
    2) The Trinity League Battle Frontier offers Battle Facilities with Frontier Brains, in which Trainers have to defeat them under special rules in order to earn their Symbols. While the Trinity League is a Wifi exclusive League, the Battle Frontier offers a niche for Pokémon Showdown trainers with Wifi as a voluntary alternative. (Please refer to Smogon's Tiers to inform yourself of what is legal in which tier)
    3) Badges are the League's primary form of accomplishment, while Symbols represent an alternative form of mastery over certain battle modes. Symbols, thus, do not filter in the overall Ranking, or Champion, system, and are to be seen a parallel to Badges.
    4) The Battle Frontier does not operate under the League's Triad system; therefore, each Frontier Brain is to be challenged individually and under the respective Facility's set of rules.
    5) Battles are always 6vs6 Battles, and the Facility rules always follow some form of Smogon Tiers (i.e. UU, NU, RU, Doubles, Triples, etc.).

Frontier Brain Rules
    1) Every member of the League must post at least once a week to show activity, and be open to challengers at least once every two weeks. If you will be away for a certain period, be sure to let me know.
    2) If you cannot comply with 1), you risk having your post closed and/or replaced.
    3) If you need to leave or would like to “temporarily retire” you may re-apply for your position when you return.
    4) Once challenged, you as a Frontier Brain are obliged to carry out the challenge and may not decline for any reason other than: Illegal Pokémon. Decline matches only if your opponent has a Pokémon that is not part of the Facility's respective tier.
    5) A match cannot be declined beyond your first turn. Forfeit in the middle of the battle once the match has been accepted results in a Challenger Win.
    6) As Frontier Brains you must be familiar with your Facility's special rules and have a team only using eligible Pokémon.
    7) Unlike with Gym & E3 Leaders, Frontier Brains should not register an opponent's team and, instead, only post it with the Battle Result.
    8) You may switch your party members at any time as long as rule 6) is kept.
    9) Anyone may apply for open Frontier Brain positions. For the Battle Frontier, I will approve applications personally on a case by case basis.
    10) You can decide entirely over how to accept a re-match. You may have Battle Trainers either wait a week, or be asked to gain another Symbol before asking for a re-match.
    11) Please always use your Frontier Brain Userbar in your signature, as well as your Symbol. Always copy this in your sig for credit purposes:
    HTML:
    [SIZE=1][RIGHT]Credit: [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?583091-The-Under"]AstralShadow[/URL] (userbar) & [URL="http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?578825-D%E6dric-Design-%26%2310016%3B"]Sworn Metalhead[/URL] (symbol)[/RIGHT][/SIZE]
    BATTLE FRONTIER
    PZ428rN.png

infqKAu.png
    QcqTVZn.png

Frontier Brain: Resort Manager tba ()
    Frontier Symbol: Resort Symbol
    Battle Mode: UU Tier (BL2 may be used under the UU Tier)

sbvHYXK.png

YTsqrIU.png
    sl4JDQN.png

Frontier Brain: Village Elder tba ()
    Frontier Symbol: Village Symbol
    Battle Mode: RU Tier (BL3 may be used under the RU Tier)

lMOIhG0.png

Mw3IdZ5.png
    j7zdEmx.png

Frontier Brain: Island Chieftain tba ()
    Frontier Symbol: Island Symbol
    Battle Mode: NU Tier

CQ1de29.png

nQCCIPG.png
    8mv1V1Q.png

Frontier Brain: Garden Maven tba ()
    Frontier Symbol: Garden Symbol
    Battle Mode: LC Tier

aChxHgB.png

GIlGYIS.png
    xDTKkUv.png

Frontier Brain: Maze Mastermind tba ()
    Frontier Symbol: Maze Symbol
    Battle Mode: Inverse Battles (OU Tier and lower with up to 1 non-Uber Legendary)

C069g4n.png

4oEqeUo.png
    NOXX4gZ.png

Frontier Brain: Carousel Compère tba ()
    Frontier Symbol: Carousel Symbol
    Battle Mode: Rotation Battles (OU Tier and lower with up to 1 non-Uber Legendary)

Q80qqrU.png

bzmUvrc.png
    qYNzpuu.png

Frontier Brain: Sanctuary Keeper tba ()
    Frontier Symbol: Sanctuary Symbol
    Battle Mode: Starters/Formes/Eeveelutions
    Special Rule: "3+2+1 rule", use proportionally out of each of the 3 categories (in any order); OU Tier and lower with up to 1 non-Uber Legendary

voGz5GG.png

S9wVhul.png
    hjVNbUC.png

Frontier Brain: Castle Lord tba ()
    Frontier Symbol: Castle Symbol
    Battle Mode: Doubles Tier (OU Tier and lower with up to 1 non-Uber Legendary)

77796cA.png

ugTwqBN.png
    hG681IW.png

Frontier Brain: Towers Tycoon tba ()
    Frontier Symbol: Towers Symbol
    Battle Mode: Triples Tier (OU Tier and lower with up to 1 non-Uber Legendary)

VDHiL5j.png

tNX0hxO.png
    4raBXM0.png

Frontier Brain: Temple Shaman tba ()
    Frontier Symbol: Temple Symbol
    Battle Mode: Ubers Tier

CLxaQ7J.png

Frontier Brain Application Form
    To apply for an open Battle Facility position on the Trinity League, please fill out the form below & post it directly into the thread.
    Please make sure you read through all the rules stated above carefully, in particular the Frontier Brain Rules, before applying!
    Once a Frontier Brain application has been submitted into the thread, I will pick the Brains for the respective Facilities personally on a case by case basis.
    If a Frontier Brain wishes to "temporarily retire", any other Frontier Brain can instantly step in as an interim Brain (to gain experience with another battle mode, for example) by posting the application into the thread. It would be best to have an interim Brain for not too short of a period (i.e. 2 weeks or more). In that case, the position will temporarily be filled until the regular Brain returns and reclaims their post.[/LEFT]
    HTML:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/CLxaQ7J.png[/img]
    Frontier Brain Application
    [b]Username/Nickname[/b]:
    [b]Desired Battle Facility (you can list up to 3 preferences)[/b]:
    [b]Would you like to offer Wifi Battles in addition to Pokémon Showdown[/b]: Yes/No?
    [b]GMT Timezone (and FriendCode if additionally Wifi)[/b]:
    [b]Why do you wish to apply?[/b]
    [b]Have you read all rules carefully?[/b]

4. "Start F{ro}m Eevee" Tournament Announcement:

"START F{RO}M EEVEE"​

• After the Homage to Hoenn and MultiChrome tournaments, we're celebrating our newest addition to the Trinity League - the Battle Frontier - with a unique tournament concept inspired by the Battle Sanctuary! The Start F{ro}m Eevee tournament will tentatively take place on either Saturday/Sunday, July 12th/13th.
    • Please fill out the following questionnaire to help us know when most people are available for the tourney. Remember, it's GMT 0 time! ( check here for reference: GMT 0 time).
    • On the day of the tournament: Click here to read the few but important posting rules for "signing in".

For the upcoming "Start F{ro}m Eevee" tournament the theme centres around our Frontier's Battle Sanctuary. The rules will be the following:
    1. Wifi tournament with tournament format: 4 or 5 rounds on Multilevel format (so no knock-outs; everyone has the same number of rounds)
    2. General Smogon Rules & OU Tier or lower (so no Ubers!)
    3. not more than 1 Legendary allowed
    4. "3+2+1" rule: Each individual player must carry (legal) Pokémon out of the following three categories: Starters/Formes/Eeveelutions. Each player may choose their 3, 2, and 1 from these categories (in any order).
      1. Starters are any of the Grass/Fire/Water Pokémon from the core Pokémon games (Raichu would not count even if Pikachu was the Yellow starter).
      2. Formes are Pokémon that actually change battle strategically depending on the form (Vivillon, Gastrodon, Unown, etc. therefore are not strictly formes).
      3. Eeveelutions are Pokémon that evolve from Eevee.
    Prizes will be announced.

Q: Do I have to be a registered Challenger of the Trinity League to participate?
    A: No, anyone is welcome to join our casual Tournaments - registered Challengers, Gym Leaders, and non-Trinity League members alike. The more, the merrier! :)

Q: If this tournament is a Battle Frontier inspired tournament, will it be a simulator tournament?
    A: No, Trinity League casual Tournaments are part of the overall Trinity League, not specifically the Battle Frontier. Therefore all Trinity League Tournaments are Wifi Tournaments.

Q: What is the "3+2+1 rule"?
    A: It means that 3 members of your team have to be from one of the given three categories, while 2 yet from another of the remaining categories, while yet 1 more member has to be from the leftover category. So for example, you may have 3 Formes/2 Starters/1 Eeveelution, or 3 Eeveelutions/2 Formes/1 Starter, etc. etc.

Q: Are Mega evolutions allowed?
    A: As long as they fit into one of the categories (i.e. Starters) and are not part of Smogon's Uber tier (i.e. Blaziken), then yes Mega evolutions are allowed.

Q: How many rounds are there, and are there knock-outs?
    A: In most cases, there will be at least 4, or if necessary sometimes 5, rounds. Since the tournament pairs people beyond the first turn by wins (meaning, you will likely be paired with someone of equal wins), there are no knock-outs and everyone plays the same number of rounds! For this tournament we do not do best 2 out of 3 in a round, only one round of 6vs.6.

Q: How long is a round?
    A: Once pairings for a round are posted in the tournament tab of the googledoc, you can go ahead and PM/VM your opponent to add their FC & begin the battle. A battle should take no longer than 20 minutes, so please determine a winner by the end of those 20 minutes together (or otherwise take the exact score, for example: 3-2).

Q: What do I do after the first round?
    A: Simply UPDATE your first "Signing in" post using the Special Battle Result Form (in the OP on p. 1) and wait patiently for the tournament host to announce the next round. The tournament tab of the googledoc will list pairings when they have been determined.

Q: Can I switch out a member of my team, or an item, a move, etc. after the first round?
    A: No, you cannot! The team you enter the first round with (moves, items, etc. included) may not be changed until the tournament is over. It is encouraged to list your opponent's team in the special battle result form (once the first round is completed).

Q: I have to leave, but the tournament isn't over yet. What do I do?
    A: Even if things aren't going well for you in terms of battle results, please stick around until the end of the tournament out of courtesy for the other participants and also for your own enjoyment! If you absolutely need to leave, please mention that at the end of your UPDATED "Signing in" post.

Q: What are the prizes?
    A: Each tournament features 3 prizes, which will be announced in advance before the tournament begins. There are 2 featured prizes of which the 1st place winner may choose one from. The 2nd place winner gets the other featured prize. A third prize will be randomly distributed amongst the other participants. (only participants who have played all rounds, or all rounds except for one, can be considered for this prize)

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Woot frontier is here! ^w^
I don't see a form yet, but I'd like to apply for the carousel compere(whatever the heck this means) position.

Oh! and the rock gym is open! Hope any challengers don't mind battling in rotation format :3 (I've discovered my love for rotations, and also in the spirit of trying to be the carasoul brain)

CLxaQ7J.png

Username/Nickname: Coltonl
FriendCode (FC & GMT Time Zone): (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Desired Facility (you can list up to 3):Battle Carousel, Battle village
Would you like to offer Wifi Battles in addition to Pokémon Showdown: Maybe
Why do you wish to apply? I love battling and rotation battles :D
Have you read all rules carefully? Yes

Last edited:

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
I'd like to apply as a Sanctuary keeper. This is what I've been waiting for since ages!

Edit:
CLxaQ7J.png

Username/Nickname: Lt. Bleu
FriendCode (FC & GMT Time Zone): I think no FC needed since I'll be doing only PS. Time zone: +5:30.
Desired Facility (you can list up to 3):Battle Sanctuary| Battle Garden| Battle Temple
Would you like to offer Wifi Battles in addition to Pokémon Showdown: Yes/No? No.
Why do you wish to apply? I love battling and battling over PS makes me even more happy.
Have you read all rules carefully? Yes, indeed.

Last edited:

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
Wow I finally won something and I can use it in my gym SWEETNESS! in other news Fire gym is open!

Status
Not open for further replies.