• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
So...many aps for frontier

Water E-3 still open

cryuel

Well ya but I was wondering if there was a setting for it ingame. But yeah it'd be pretty hard to do in wifi if we had to carefully level POkemon like that.:(

Well, there is always the Everstone. Edit: Well, Level 5 would be a bit hard to do.. xD
Some Facilities would be unfeasible or even impossible to do over the current Wifi settings though (Inverse in particular).

So...many aps for frontier

Water E-3 still open

It's great, I'm really glad to see there's interest in the Facilities already (and surprisingly no primary overlaps yet).

Last edited:

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
All 'mons in LC are lv 5, so I don't think it would be posibleto blattle on wi-fi.

yea it would just make sure your pokes are at lvl 5 then select flat battle or no restrictions if you dont want to grind on lvl 2's the whole time just use 3 rare candies (which are easy to get thanks to pokemiles :D ) to bring it up to lvl 4 then grind until lvl 5! youll get all the ev's that you trained and it would be a legit LC mon!

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
New page so just restating that the rock gym is closed. ^w^
rotation battles preferred >3>

Closed for now since I'm not getting any challengers. If someone later on today wants to challenge, and I can, then I'll gladly accept :)

Last edited:

cryuel

Can someone explain how the Frontier works? Sounds interesting.

Well, the Battle Frontier as in the games offers a parallel alternative to Gym Leaders and their Badges where, instead, you have Frontier Brains who award Symbols.
As far as Frontiers in the competitive Pokemon world goes, these are often themed around strict competitive tiers. You can have a look at which Frontier Facilities we offer, but essentially we offer almost all Smogon Tiers OU aside (OU is inadvertently covered in the regular part of our League) as well as some innovative ones like the Battle Sanctuary. The Frontier is Simulator first and foremost, so it's really meant to engage those who really want to experience the different tiers and try them out.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Whoa, so this is finally opening up. o.o I'm hyped, and actually would like to apply for one of the positions, if possible. ^^; Though of course, I still have real-life priorities going on for the next few days, but I should otherwise be available again by Thursday (if not, then by the end of this week).
As for the next tournament, I am glad that isn't taking place during the July 4th weekend, because I'll be attending Anime Expo around that time. >.< I'm interested in participating~ o:
Anyways, in the meantime, I'll just place this here...

CLxaQ7J.png

Frontier Brain Application
Username/Nickname: SilverLanayru
Desired Battle Facility (you can list up to 3 preferences): Battle Resort
Would you like to offer Wifi Battles in addition to Pokémon Showdown: As much as I am not fond of PS, I can do both. (Wifi still preferred, however.)
GMT Timezone (and FriendCode if additionally Wifi): GMT -8; 1977-0801-2134
Why do you wish to apply? I actually enjoy battling in the lower tiers, and I have raised a few UU pokes and under.
Have you read all rules carefully? Yep!

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So I've looked over PS, and it looks like something I can try to get into, so I'll file for a Frontier position.

CLxaQ7J.png

Username/Nickname:Dragontamer/DT
Desired Battle Facility (you can list up to 3 preferences):Battle Garden
Would you like to offer Wifi Battles in addition to Pokémon Showdown: I would, but it'd be hard.
GMT Timezone (and FriendCode if additionally Wifi): GMT-5
Why do you wish to apply?I'd like to try something new.
Have you read all rules carefully? Yessir :)

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
I would say the frontier is popular :D although I dont see the triple battle brain doing any PS at all considering you cant do triple battles on there D: in other news Fire gym is now closed!

Last edited:

Marashu

Wow, people are really getting into the frontier league, and I'm just here, opening closing the grass gym so I can weed and water it in case anyone challenges some other day. I'm gonna try to open from 3PM-5PM GMT+0 on Wednesday.

Also, that tournament sounds really cool; gonna need to check my calendar for it.

Last edited:

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Im so hyped the battle frontier and the brains. Its going to be very interesting and fun i think.

By tomorrow though im goin away for 4 nights butni will still be able to check serebii but not able to battle or trade.

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
A bit late to the party, but whatever, let's do this application thingy!

Username/Nickname: TheShoveler1887
Desired Battle Facility (you can list up to 3 preferences): Battle Resort, Battle Maze, Battle Sanctuary
Would you like to offer Wifi Battles in addition to Pokémon Showdown: Yes
GMT Timezone (and FriendCode if additionally Wifi): GMT -5 (CST) FC 3153-4655-6807
Why do you wish to apply? I'm kinda tired of OU and want a fresh challenge :)
Have you read all rules carefully? Yes

Despite the order, Maze and Sanctuary are my top two picks :)

EDIT:
As for the tournament, how are legendaries going to be handled? Only 1 per team?

cryuel

A bit late to the party, but whatever, let's do this application thingy!

Username/Nickname: TheShoveler1887
Desired Battle Facility (you can list up to 3 preferences): Battle Resort, Battle Maze, Battle Sanctuary
Would you like to offer Wifi Battles in addition to Pokémon Showdown: Yes
GMT Timezone (and FriendCode if additionally Wifi): GMT -5 (CST) FC 3153-4655-6807
Why do you wish to apply? I'm kinda tired of OU and want a fresh challenge :)
Have you read all rules carefully? Yes

Despite the order, Maze and Sanctuary are my top two picks :)

EDIT:
As for the tournament, how are legendaries going to be handled? Only 1 per team?

Ah, good question. I meant to edit that in where it applied. For RU, NU, and UU it will not be limited to 1 per team. For all others, where applicable, yes. Have already edited that in the Frontier OP.

By the way, everyone: thanks for all the applications so far! I don't expect to accept any of them before Wednesday/Thursday, and due to the volume of open positions I will only post results directly here into the thread. I will try to respect your preferences of course, but may have to shift things around depending on competition for the same post. If the first preference in your application isn't your actual 1st choice (like TheShoveler1887), please note it in your application by editing. :)

Thread Overseers: Please have a look at the googledoc and let me know if it looks fine to you. Originally I inter to have a separate tab for keeping track of Frontier Symbols, but I somehow managed to accommodate it. Appreciate honest and constructive feedback. :)

And maybe someone can answer this for me: On PSS you require both players to add their FC's in order to set up a battle. In Showdown, do you require to register and know each other's username? Would appreciate if someone can briefly explain to me (since I've obviously not battled on Showdown before).

On a different note (and to shift back a bit to the regular part of our League), the Ghost E3 will open to accept a couple of challengers Thursday evening (GMT +1 time). If you know you'd like to give it a try at earning my badge and will be around that time, send me a PM.

Also, if anyone has potential Raffle Prizes for the upcoming week to donate, do let me know~ Thanks~

Last edited:

PokemonMegaBeast

Im Still Here!
Ah, good question. I meant to edit that in where it applied. For RU, NU, and UU it will not be limited to 1 per team. For all others, where applicable, yes. Have already edited that in the Frontier OP.

By the way, everyone: thanks for all the applications so far! I don't expect to accept any of them before Wednesday/Thursday, and due to the volume of open positions I will only post results directly here into the thread. I will try to respect your preferences of course, but may have to shift things around depending on competition for the same post. If the first preference in your application isn't your actual 1st choice (like TheShoveler1887), please note it in your application by editing. :)

Thread Overseers: Please have a look at the googledoc and let me know if it looks fine to you. Originally I inter to have a separate tab for keeping track of Frontier Symbols, but I somehow managed to accommodate it. Appreciate honest and constructive feedback. :)

And maybe someone can answer this for me: On PSS you require both players to add their FC's in order to set up a battle. In Showdown, do you require to register and know each other's username? Would appreciate if someone can briefly explain to me (since I've obviously not battled on Showdown before).

On a different note (and to shift back a bit to the regular part of our League), the Ghost E3 will open to accept a couple of challengers Thursday evening (GMT +1 time). If you know you'd like to give it a try at earning my badge and will be around that time, send me a PM.

Also, if anyone has potential Raffle Prizes for the upcoming week to donate, do let me know~ Thanks~

Oh good i already did that saying what my most wanted preferance was I really want the Trinity Battle Castle one with Cynthia

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
Battling on PS, I've gotten a hell lot of experience as I ran a guild for almost more than a year and had many wars on PS. The thing on PS is that you need to register yourself and then search for your opponents name on the lobby chat. If Cryuel or any other official of the league allows me, I can be a PS helper kind of a person to help you set up and have your first battle on PS.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
It seems like the battle garden is the most popular as well as the castle and towers...I hope to get the island though

Status
Not open for further replies.