• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray™

Challenger's name: Gray
Leader Type & Owner: Flying/ Dragontamer
Team used against Triad/Facility: Garchomp, Gyarados, Rotom W, Ferrothorn, Politoed, Tentacruel
Challenger Result: win 2-0
Rate your performance:8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7/10
Comments about the match:Bad first move by me(or to be more precise a good move by Dragontamer) put me at disadvantage right at the start of the battle but that also helped me focusing for the rest of the battle.
GG

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Challenger's name: Gray
Leader Type & Owner: Fire/TwinYoshi
Team used against Triad/Facility: Garchomp,Rotom-M,Ferrothorn,Lucario,Noivern,Gyarados
Challenger Result: Win 3-0
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7/10
Comments about the match: Not much to say pretty straightforward match but it does annoy me how I missplayed with my Gyarados<.<
GG

Um, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that team counters fire.
gyrados resist/SE, noivern resist, garchomp resist/SE, and rotom w resist/SE
that's a pretty hardcore counter actually :/

in other news doing my Eving now! I'd say in about an hour if not less I'll open up my facilities :3

Gray™

in other news doing my Eving now! I'd say in about an hour if not less I'll open up my facilities :3

i used rotom-M not wash

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

um he put rotom-m not wash so he should fine btw ;) just letting you know but ill be challenging a gym soon trying to sort some things out then ill try to challenge...

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Challenger's Name: Gray™
Leader Type & Owner: Ground / DJSummers
Team used against Triad/Brain: Summit of the Ancients / Garchomp, Rotom-W, Goodra, Politoed, Lucario, Azumarill
Challenger Result: Win 1 - 0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: Very good game, was counting on the Rain to end quickly, but the way it started was just unlucky for me.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Team used against Triad/Brain: Summit of the Ancients / Garchomp, Rotom-W, Goodra, Politoed, Lucario, Azumarill
Comments about the match: Very good game, was counting on the Rain to end quickly, but the way it started was just unlucky for me.

Ok triple checked, and this time we do have a counter. Your challenger team Grey counters the dragon gym.
Edit: and it counters steel.

Gray™

Comments about the match: Was on xat while battling did not see ********** used Earthquake*Facepalm*
gg
edit:regarding my team countering the other leaders i literally cant make a team without countering at least one gl (I actually made the team without it countering the dragon gym leader but i thought using Gyarados would be unfair against the Ground gl considering the rest of my so I switched it to Azumarill which at least wasn't immune to ground completely forgetting it gained a second type this gen)

Last edited:
Comments about the match: Was on xat while battling did not see ********** used Earthquake*Facepalm*
gg
edit:regarding my team countering the other leaders i literally cant make a team without countering at least one gl (I actually made the team without it countering the dragon gym leader but i thought using Gyarados would be unfair against the Ground gl so I switched it to Azumarill completely forgetting it gained a second type this gen)
sry to say this, but you wouldn't be getting a badge for this.. counter to steel and dragon.. have rebuild your team and start again.. Enjoy ya stay and cya soon.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
gg
edit:regarding my team countering the other leaders i literally cant make a team without countering at least one gl (I actually made the team without it countering the dragon gym leader but i thought using Gyarados would be unfair against the Ground gl considering the rest of my so I switched it to Azumarill which at least wasn't immune to ground completely forgetting it gained a second type this gen)

But it is possible to make a team that doesn't counter. That's a part of the whole strategy of the league. If you can't come up with a team that doesn't counter then you need to really rethink your team. I'm sorry but that team counters both steel and dragon so that badge can't be valid.

Gray™

But it is possible to make a team that doesn't counter. That's a part of the whole strategy of the league. If you can't come up with a team that doesn't counter then you need to really rethink your team. I'm sorry but that team counters both steel and dragon so that badge can't be valid.

I meant as: out of the pokemons I have since most of them are either Dragon or Steel

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I have a question would it still be a double counter if i had a mon that is resist for example to fairy but doesn't have any moves using super effective moves to the fairy would that still be a double counter so then so it would be 2 instead of 1? I just though sense resist count would that still make it double if it didn't have a se move on it...

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I have a question would it still be a double counter if i had a mon that is resist for example to fairy but doesn't have any moves using super effective moves to the fairy would that still be a double counter so then so it would be 2 instead of 1? I just though sense resist count would that still make it double if it didn't have a se move on it...

we go by types only, not abilities or moves.
you can only have up to 3 'mons total that either resist/SE,immune. you can have 'mons that count as more than one say resist/SE but you can only have up to 3. and your team can't counter any of the three types in a triad(not all at once but pertaining to the triad your challenging)
and if you win then for that triad your team will be locked in.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
we go by types only, not abilities or moves.
you can only have up to 3 'mons total that either resist/SE,immune. you can have 'mons that count as more than one say resist/SE but you can only have up to 3. and your team can't counter any of the three types in a triad(not all at once but pertaining to the triad your challenging)
and if you win then for that triad your team will be locked in.

what got me confused though is that for example ferrothorn may not have gyro ball but it is resist to fairy so would that still will count as one then but if it did have gyro would that count as another counter? making that 2...

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
what got me confused though is that for example ferrothorn may not have gyro ball but it is resist to fairy so would that still will count as one then but if it did have gyro would that count as another counter? making that 2...

It still counts as one regardless. It doesn't matter what moves it has, it all depends on its typing.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL

no, it wouldn't count as two. Like I said we go by types only. So regardless of its moves ferrothorn would count as 1.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
no, it wouldn't count as two. Like I said we go by types only. So regardless of its moves ferrothorn would count as 1.

alright very well ill have my team ready soon to challenge ....

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Facilities Closed
not for too too long though because I've got homework I want to get done too.

Challenger's name: Resh
Leader Type & Owner: Fairy/Colton
Team used against Triad/Facility: Politoad, Togekiss, Azumarill, Greninja, Ferrothorn, Thunderus
Challenger Result: Win, 3-0
Comments about the match: yea I hate thundurus. I didn't realize it'd be such a threat ;A;

Challenger's name: Artorius
Leader Type & Owner: Fairy/Colton
Team used against Triad/Facility: Swampert, Metagross, Mew, Azumarill, Haxorus, Serperior
Challenger Result: Won, 4-0
Rate your performance: 7.5/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7.5/10
comments: well that went. had a stall war of sorts between two 'mons, a crit finally gave me a safe chance to switch out and avoid a glare. so many sweep 'mons is unoriginal though

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
But for some cases some typings are allowed if they take/give neutral damage like
Forretress steel/bug to fighting
Cradily rock/grass to grass
Kingdra water/dragon to ice (not really sure about this one)

But its still up to the gym leader if they consider it as a threat or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.