• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Challenger's name: Resh
Leader Type & Owner: Fairy/Colton
Team used against Triad/Facility: Politoad, Togekiss, Azumarill, Greninja, Ferrothorn, Thunderus
Challenger Result: Win, 3-0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: good game, I hate screens haha xD

Challenger's name: Artorius
Leader Type & Owner: Fairy/Colton
Team used against Triad/Facility: Swampert, Metagross, Mew, Azumarill, Haxorus, Serperior
Challenger Result: Won, 5-0
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
Comments about the match: we had the same mon out for over 20 turns.. but after 5turns i knew it was all about patient, tolerance and endurance and to I apply pressure until you fold. GG 10th badge!! (Spirit Force Triad Done) 8more to go.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I am very sorry evryone for not being able to open as of late :( I have been really sick again and am sleep deprived because of it :(

D:
I hope you get to feeling better!
I probably won't open much/if at all this week due to tests I need to study for. Meant to mention that earlier.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Oiii, I got busier than expected over the weekend. Procrastination mode 2stronk.
To make up for lack of openings, I'm gonna try to open up tomorrow for a little while, since my workload won't be as hectic other than having to watch a movie for an assignment.
I also gotta make sure I have my teams ready for both this league's and PokéGym's upcoming tourneys. (After brainstorming, I actually just need to breed/raise one more mon.)

cryuel

I meant as: out of the pokemons I have since most of them are either Dragon or Steel

Unfortunately, as has been pointed out by some of the Leaders, the whole concept of the League is built on the premise that Challengers construct a Team that can fairly withstand a Triad of Gym Leaders. If you love Dragon/Steel Pokemon so much you'd make a great Leader no doubt ;3 but as Challenger you'd have to make sure you construct a team such that it balances out in terms of counters (which in our League, to not overcomplicate things, is only restricted to typings). Good luck!

Oiii, I got busier than expected over the weekend. Procrastination mode 2stronk.
To make up for lack of openings, I'm gonna try to open up tomorrow for a little while, since my workload won't be as hectic other than having to watch a movie for an assignment.
I also gotta make sure I have my teams ready for both this league's and PokéGym's upcoming tourneys. (After brainstorming, I actually just need to breed/raise one more mon.)

I've posted our Tournament XYZ into the Tournament Section, but I have neither received an approve or disapprove since then, and now I'm slightly worried we won't be seeing it there in time for people to notice. The backup plan would be to host it here, just fyi everyone.

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
Weekly Raffle Corner:
v8eOndf.png
League Weekly Raffle Banner by Enchanted Hollow Graphics' FairyWitch
Weekly prizes are given out to League Members. And to participate all you have to do is... nothing!
That's right, every registered Challenger (& Leader) with at least 1 Badge/Symbol automatically participates in the raffle. Winners are chosen randomly, however, you can increase your odds of winning a prize by actively trying to earn more Badges & Symbols! Here is how you can statistically increase your odds:

• At base, each challenger gets 1 "entry point" per 4 Badges earned in total (1 Badge/Symbol minimum)
  • During the week, for every 2 challenges in total you gain 1 "entry point" in the raffle
  • For every victory against a Gym/E3/Brain you gain 2 "entry points"
  • During casual League Tournaments, each battle awards participants with 1 "entry point" and for each Win 1 additional "entry point"
At the end of the week, everyone's entries will be compiled and your chances determined by your entries versus the size of the pot

(Minor Rules:
Each Gym can only be beaten for entries once every raffle week.
If you've won a prize during the last raffle you aren't able to win a prize in the same tier next raffle.
You may only challenge a particular Gym 3 times per raffle week and still be given entries for your challenge to count against that Gym.
During casual League Tournaments, Feature prize winners may not participate in the following Raffle for the 1st & 2nd prize. Participation prize winners are excluded from the following Raffle's 3rd prize.
)

This week's prizes are:
  1. 5IV shiny Carvanha Congratulations to the Winner, Khybon! Speed Boost, Adamant with Aqua Jet, Destiny Bond and Brine (in Poke Ball) (contact Cryùel to claim your prize)
  2. 5IV shiny Audino Congratulations to the winner, Shoveler! Regenerator, Calm with Draining Kiss, Bestow, Healing Wish and Heal Bell (in Heal Ball) (contact Cryùel to claim your prize)
  3. 5IV Feebas/Bagon/Buneary Congratulations to the winner, Marashu! (contact Sito to claim your prize of choice)
    • Feebas Swift Swim/Oblivious, Bold with Feebas Haze, Dragon Pulse, Mirror Coat and Hypnosis, 31/x/31/31/31/31 (in Poke Ball/Heal Ball)
    • Bagon HA/non-HA, Naive with Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump, Fire Fang and Twister, 31/31/31/x/31/31 (in Luxury Ball)
    • Buneary Klutz, Jolly with Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Sky Uppercut and Switcheroo, 31/31/31/x/31/31 (in Love Ball)

Prizes should be claimed sooner rather than later and will go back into the pot if not claimed until the next Raffle Winner announcement.

Marashu had a good tenth of the entries this time around XD Also, kept rolling cryuel for her own prizes. That's just funny in its own way. :p

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
Challenger's name: TheShoveler
Leader Type & Owner: Poison/Cutty
Team used against Triad/Facility: Galvantula, Landorus T, Scizor, Salamence, Greninja, Infernape
Challenger Result: Loss 0-1
Comments about the match: Hhmm... Just glad I won lol.

Gym is Closed U.U

Last edited:

cryuel

Weekly Raffle Corner:
v8eOndf.png
League Weekly Raffle Banner by Enchanted Hollow Graphics' FairyWitch
Weekly prizes are given out to League Members. And to participate all you have to do is... nothing!
That's right, every registered Challenger (& Leader) with at least 1 Badge/Symbol automatically participates in the raffle. Winners are chosen randomly, however, you can increase your odds of winning a prize by actively trying to earn more Badges & Symbols! Here is how you can statistically increase your odds:

• At base, each challenger gets 1 "entry point" per 4 Badges earned in total (1 Badge/Symbol minimum)
  • During the week, for every 2 challenges in total you gain 1 "entry point" in the raffle
  • For every victory against a Gym/E3/Brain you gain 2 "entry points"
  • During casual League Tournaments, each battle awards participants with 1 "entry point" and for each Win 1 additional "entry point"
At the end of the week, everyone's entries will be compiled and your chances determined by your entries versus the size of the pot

(Minor Rules:
Each Gym can only be beaten for entries once every raffle week.
If you've won a prize during the last raffle you aren't able to win a prize in the same tier next raffle.
You may only challenge a particular Gym 3 times per raffle week and still be given entries for your challenge to count against that Gym.
During casual League Tournaments, Feature prize winners may not participate in the following Raffle for the 1st & 2nd prize. Participation prize winners are excluded from the following Raffle's 3rd prize.
)

This week's prizes are:
  1. 5IV shiny Carvanha Congratulations to the Winner, Khybon! Speed Boost, Adamant with Aqua Jet, Destiny Bond and Brine (in Poke Ball) (contact Cryùel to claim your prize)
  2. 5IV shiny Audino Congratulations to the winner, Shoveler! Regenerator, Calm with Draining Kiss, Bestow, Healing Wish and Heal Bell (in Heal Ball) (contact Cryùel to claim your prize)
  3. 5IV Feebas/Bagon/Buneary Congratulations to the winner, Marashu! (contact Sito to claim your prize of choice)
    • Feebas Swift Swim/Oblivious, Bold with Feebas Haze, Dragon Pulse, Mirror Coat and Hypnosis, 31/x/31/31/31/31 (in Poke Ball/Heal Ball)
    • Bagon HA/non-HA, Naive with Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump, Fire Fang and Twister, 31/31/31/x/31/31 (in Luxury Ball)
    • Buneary Klutz, Jolly with Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Sky Uppercut and Switcheroo, 31/31/31/x/31/31 (in Love Ball)

Prizes should be claimed sooner rather than later and will go back into the pot if not claimed until the next Raffle Winner announcement.

Marashu had a good tenth of the entries this time around XD Also, kept rolling cryuel for her own prizes. That's just funny in its own way. :p

Glad to hear that! ^_^ I'm not hoping to ever win my own prizes, for obvious reasons, but there is a thrill in knowing I would have won something rare *shiny hunter rarity syndrome*

On that note, if anyone has good potential 2nd and/or 3rd place raffle prizes for the upcoming week, please let me know!

Update:
The Tournament Thread for the Tournament XYZ is now approved and active! :) It's official! Please check out the Tournament thread and sign up by simply posting into the thread to confirm/re-confirm your attendance. Here are the tournament rules again:

WIFI TOURNAMENT
Y39o4in.png
Image Credit: by DA's Atluss​

Tournament Overseers: Mr.Y & Marashu

This tournament is a real-time, Wifi tournament and will take place on Sunday, the 21st of September - 6 pm (GMT 0 time). If you're interested in joining, please simply post into the tournament thread and, on the day of the tournament, write "signing in".

After our previous casual Tournament for everyone - the Wizard's Wrath tournament where we saw many creative teams - the Trinity League is proud to announce its next upcoming, real-time Wifi tournament: Tournament XYZ

For the upcoming "Tournament XYZ" the theme will be of alphabetic nature! The rules will be the following:
  1. Tournament format: 4-5 rounds on Multilevel format (so no knock-outs; everyone has the same number of rounds)
  2. Singles 6vs.6 battle style (Normal Rules)
  3. General Smogon Rules & OU Tier or lower (so no Ubers!)
  4. not more than 1 Legendary allowed
  5. Theme Rule: every participant must use Pokémon with neighbouring, beginning letters in the alphabet. An example team would be:
    Alakazam, Banette, Charizard, Diancie, Eelektross, Florges
    Lopunny, Metagross, Noivern, Omastar, Politoed, Quagsire
    Rotom, Salamance, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Volcarona, Whimsicott

Prizes for the upcoming tournament include the following:
  • Feature Prize 1: 5IV shiny Alakazam/5IV shiny Bisharp/5IV shiny, nicknameable Chandelure (1st place winner gets to choose from any category)
  • Feature Prize 2: 5IV shiny Talonflame/5IV shiny Umbreon/5IV shiny Vivillon (Icy Snow) (2nd place winner gets to choose from one of the remaining categories)
  • Feature Prize 3: 6IV Xerneas/5IV Yveltal/6IV Zygarde (3rd place winner gets to choose from the last remaining category)

• Participation Prize #1: Trophy Shiny Malamar (Adamant, in Heal Ball) - 1 random participant who completed all rounds will be able to choose out of the 2 participation prizes
  • Participation Prize #2: Trophy Shiny Noivern (Quiet, in Quick Ball) - 1 random participant who completed all rounds will receive the remaining participation prize

Q: Do I have to be a registered Challenger of the Trinity League to participate?
A: No, absolutely anyone is welcome to join our casual Tournaments for everyone - registered Challengers, Gym Leaders, and non-Trinity League members alike. The more, the merrier! :)

Q: For the "Tournament XYZ", can I use Pokémon with beginning letters from different ends of the alphabet?
A: As the rules state, it's Pokémon with starting letters next to each other. Make your pick of which letters in the alphabet to start from and end on, and pick your Pokémon from there~~This list may come in handy for those seeking inspiration and team options.

Q: The format is Smogon OU Singles. If that is the case, why can only 1 Legendary be allowed?
A: This is a rule we almost always implement in our casual Tournaments for everyone, simply for the sake of balance and creativity.

Q: Are the beginning letters of nicknames considered as part of the theme rule?
A: Um, of course not! (did you really think they were?) Only the original, English names can be considered as legal for our alphabet theme rule!

Q: Are Mega evolutions allowed then?
A: Yes, of course! As long as they're not Ubers, you're welcome to use them. Note: Mega evolutions do not count as "M" Pokémon, unless they start with M anyways, like Mega Manectric, or Mega Medicham.

Q: How do I register for the tournament?
A: Posting into the tournament thread allows us to know who is interested and can participate. On the day of the tournament, simply post "Signing in for the tournament!" to remind us you're actually there and ready to battle.

Q: How long is a round?
A: Once pairings for a round are posted in the tournament tab of the googledoc, you can go ahead and PM/VM your opponent to add their FC & begin the battle. A battle should take no longer than 20 minutes, so please determine a winner by the end of those 20 minutes together (or otherwise take the exact score, for example: 3-2).

Q: How many rounds are there, and are there knock-outs?
A: In most cases, there will be at least 4, or if necessary sometimes 5, rounds. Since the tournament pairs people beyond the first turn by wins (meaning, you will likely be paired with someone of equal wins), there are no knock-outs and everyone plays the same number of rounds! For this tournament we do not do best 2 out of 3 in a round, only one round of 6vs.6.

Q: What do I do after the first round?
A: Simply update your first "Signing in" post using the Special Battle Result Form and wait patiently for the tournament hosts to announce the next round. The tournament tab of the googledoc will list pairings when they have been determined.

Q: Can I switch out a member of my team, or an item, a move, etc. after the first round?
A: No, you cannot! The team you enter the first round with (moves, items, etc. included) may not be changed until the tournament is over. It is encouraged to list your opponent's team in the special battle result form (once the first round is completed).

Q: I have to leave, but the tournament isn't over yet. What do I do?
A: Even if things aren't going well for you in terms of battle results, please stick around until the end of the tournament out of courtesy for the other participants and also for your own enjoyment! If you absolutely need to leave, please mention that at the end of your last updated post.

Q: What are the prizes?
A: Each tournament features at least 3 prizes, which will be announced in advance before the tournament begins. There are 3 featured prizes of which the 1st place winner may choose one from. The 2nd place winner gets to choose from one of the remaining feature prizes, while the 3rd place winners claims the last remaining prize. 2 participation prizes will be randomly distributed amongst the other participants. (only participants who have played all rounds, or all rounds except for one, can be considered for this prize)

In addition to the tournament prizes, battles from our casual Tournaments for everyone grant Trinity League Challengers with one or more Badges entry points for our Weekly Raffle!

Battle Result Form
Please post your battle results into this tournament thread, but please only list your opponent's team after the first round is completed. (to avoid last minute changes from other participants)
Remember, ratings should always be constructive and provide opportunities for growth.
HTML:
Opponent's name: 
Team used by the opponent:
Challenger Result:
Rate your performance: x/10
Rate opponent's performance: x/10
Comments about the match:

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
CLxaQ7J.png

APPRENTICE Application
Username/Nickname: FairyWitch
FriendCode (FC & GMT Time Zone): 1693-1320-3008 and GMT -5
Desired Leader Type Apprenticeship:Fairy Type
Do you have at least 4 Pokémon of the represented type: Yes
Why do you wish to apply?:I want to help out coltonL sense he sometimes gets busy with HW ;)
Prefferd battle style(s): Singles but I see that he does rotation as well ill try to work out to see how to rotation battle efficiently soon...
Have you read all rules carefully? of course im a challenger here too XD

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
CLxaQ7J.png

APPRENTICE Application
Why do you wish to apply?:I want to help out coltonL sense he sometimes gets busy with HW ;)
Prefferd battle style(s): Singles but I see that he does rotation as well ill try to work out to see how to rotation battle efficiently soon...

Idk if only cryuel can approve these. But you've got my approval atleast ;D it's the only one that matters ;P lol jk
um don't worry about rotation too much. only my carousel team is rotation and you can't do both. If you want your fairy team to be singles then go for it. right now that's what mine is.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Idk if only cryuel can approve these. But you've got my approval atleast ;D it's the only one that matters ;P lol jk
um don't worry about rotation too much. only my carousel team is rotation and you can't do both. If you want your fairy team to be singles then go for it. right now that's what mine is.

alright no worry just wanted to say if i had too XD thanks hope to serve you well for the only 3 weeks i have to help when i start...

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
so I'm dedicating today to get myself better, so beside work I won't be around. Also, I'm not gonna participate in the tourney cause I will be away.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
so I'm dedicating today to get myself better, so beside work I won't be around. Also, I'm not gonna participate in the tourney cause I will be away.

good luck to you on dedication to get your self better :) and that stinks will you be ever to open your gym though later on when you come back which i was looking forward to challenging your gym soon :/

cryuel

CLxaQ7J.png

APPRENTICE Application

alright no worry just wanted to say if i had too XD thanks hope to serve you well for the only 3 weeks i have to help when i start...

Accepted~ Have fun during your apprenticeship! Your three week apprenticeship will start once you compete your "training" with Colton (at the least that would entail 2 battles, one challenging, one defending) and once you officially open for the first time. Just make sure not to open at the same time as Colton. Have fun!
Also worth mentioning: If an Apprentice successfully defends 6 battles from different Challengers within the 3 week period, they earn the right to carry the Gym's Badge after the apprenticeship has ended.

@Colton, it's the mentor Gym Leader and my approval that's needed, so both of us. ;)

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Accepted~ Have fun during your apprenticeship! Your three week apprenticeship will start once you compete your "training" with Colton (at the least that would entail 2 battles, one challenging, one defending) and once you officially open for the first time. Just make sure not to open at the same time as Colton. Have fun!
@Colton, it's the mentor Gym Leader and my approval that's needed, so both of us. ;)

okay thank you cryuel we talk alot so we can discuss when we can do things so we don't do anything wrong :) I hope to be the best apprentice for you coltonL ;)

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL

I look forward to it too :3
and I'll probably let you open 99% of the time once you do start so that you can milk it for what it's worth ;D
Accepted~ Have fun during your apprenticeship!

ah ok. thanks for clearing that up. I figured it needed both but I wasn't 100% sure.

okay thank you cryuel we talk alot so we can discuss when we can do things so we don't do anything wrong :) I hope to be the best apprentice for you coltonL ;)
well your my first/only so you're already doing something right xD

Sito

Shiny Breeder
I dont have homework for now :D
No idea if I will be able to participate in the tournament ><, have to go to a family reunion I think.
Elec gym and Battle Sanctuary are open, pm/vm me and I will answer as soon as I can :)

Edit:

Challenger's name: TheShoveler
Leader Type & Owner: Electric/Sito
Team used against Triad/Facility: Excadrill, Tyranitar, Rampardos, Trevenant, Mismagius, Garchomp
Challenger Result: Win 3-0
Rate your performance: 6/10
Comments about the match: Dont like excadrills xD, good battle.

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Wow, Khy is a lucky one. xP Grats to all the raffle winners~ o:

Speaking of apprenticeships, I believe I should be at my last week of apprenticeship with Lord Fighting's Battle Temple. o.o I kept track and it should end by this Friday, but I didn't get much challengers over these three weeks for this facility, so ah well. xD However, I'm aware that he recently had some complications with 3DS access (though at the same time, he can still do PS). Do I have option to still act as interim leader again or no need?

But anyway, Psychic Gym, Battle Resort (Wi-fi), and Battle Temple (Wi-fi) are open for two hours today. All facilities are closed for the day.

---

Challengers

Challenger's name: Khybon
Leader Type & Owner: Psychic / Silver
Team used against Triad/Brain: Gastrodon, Snorlax, Sylveon, Hawlucha, Honchkrow, Heatran
Challenger Result: Loss; 1-6 (forfeit)
Rate opponent's performance: 7.5/10
Comments about the match: To be honest, him missing a few attacks at crucial moments costed this. (Why does this game do it to everyone. ;w; ) I know for sure things would've been different if he didn't miss Sky Attack with Hawlucha. >.< Good attempt, otherwise!

Last edited:

cryuel

Wow, Khy is a lucky one. xP Grats to all the raffle winners~ o:

Speaking of apprenticeships, I believe I should be at my last week of apprenticeship with Lord Fighting's Battle Temple. o.o I kept track and it should end by this Friday, but I didn't get much challengers over these three weeks for this facility, so ah well. xD However, I'm aware that he recently had some complications with 3DS access (though at the same time, he can still do PS). Do I have option to still act as interim leader again or no need?

But anyway, Psychic Gym, Battle Resort (Wi-fi), and Battle Temple (Wi-fi) are open for two hours today.

Apprenticeships can definitely be made at other Gyms/Facilities. They just can't be extended at ones you've already done. :)
Make sure you squeeze the most out of your last few days of apprenticeship at the Battle Temple~ (would be great to entice people to try it out anyways, since many here are more Wifi oriented and rather PS-shy)

Status
Not open for further replies.