1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Trinity League

Discussion in 'Pokémon Leagues' started by DJSummers, Apr 2, 2014.

?

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2014.
  1. Yes, change to "4 or more" (challengers can't bring 4 or more counters)

75.0%
  2. No, leave at "more than 4" (challengers can't bring 5-6 counters, but they can bring 4)

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burnerv2

Burnerv2 Believe in Yourself!

Howdy o/

Just posting an update for the Fighting Gym. I'll be opening up on Friday! Huzzah!
    Still trying to see if I can find a certain piece on my team before I open, but if not, oh well.
    Hope to have a lot of fun battles with you all.

2. cryuel

cryuel Well-Known Member

The Ghost E3 will be open on Saturday, although during the day time (GMT +1). :) If you know you'd like to give it a go, let me know by PM~

[​IMG]
    Weekly Raffle Corner:
    [​IMG]
    League Weekly Raffle Banner by Enchanted Hollow Graphics' FairyWitch

Weekly prizes are given out to League Members. And to participate all you have to do is... nothing!
    That's right, every registered Challenger (& Leader) with at least 1 Badge/Symbol automatically participates in the raffle. Winners are chosen randomly, however, you can increase your odds of winning a prize by actively trying to earn more Badges & Symbols! Here is how you can statistically increase your odds:

• At base, each challenger gets 1 "entry point" per 4 Badges earned in total (1 Badge/Symbol minimum)
    • During the week, for every 2 challenges in total you gain 1 "entry point" in the raffle
    • For every victory against a Gym/E3/Brain you gain 2 "entry points"
    • During casual League Tournaments, each battle awards participants with 1 "entry point" and for each Win 1 additional "entry point"
    At the end of the week, everyone's entries will be compiled and your chances determined by your entries versus the size of the pot

(Minor Rules:
    Each Gym can only be beaten for entries once every raffle week.
    If you've won a prize during the last raffle you aren't able to win a prize in the same tier next raffle.
    You may only challenge a particular Gym 3 times per raffle week and still be given entries for your challenge to count against that Gym.
    During casual League Tournaments, Feature prize winners may not participate in the following Raffle for the 1st & 2nd prize. Participation prize winners are excluded from the following Raffle's 3rd prize.
    )

1. 5IV shiny Bold Overcoat Mandibuzz with Defog and Knock Off (winner will contact Dragontamer to claim their prize)

2. choice of any 2 Choice Items or 1 Power Item (winner of this prize will contact Cryùel to claim their prize)

3. 5IV Magnemite/Dratini/Mareep (winner will contact Sito to claim their prize)
      • Magnet Pull Magnemite, Modest, 31/x/31/31/31/31
      • HA Dratini, Adamant with Extremespeed, Aqua Jet, Dragon Dance, and Dragon Rush (Poke Ball/Dusk Ball), 31/31/31/x/31/31
      • Mareep, Timid with Agility, Electric Terrain (in Quick Ball), 31/x/31/31/31/31

Winners will be announced the Monday after prizes are announced, so try and collect Badges & Symbols throughout the week & weekend!

Prizes should be claimed sooner rather than later and will go back into the pot if not claimed until the next Raffle Winner announcement.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff Through the Skys

Challenger's name: twinyoshi45
    Leader Type & Owner: Fire Gym within the Spirit Force Triad
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Abosl, Whimsicott, Magnezone, Kyurem-B, Sylveon, Landorus-T
    Challenger Result: Win
    Rate your performance: 8/10
    Rate opponent's performance: 7/10
    Comments about the match: I got his Charizard out w/ a prediction so the amount of pressure Zard gave was gone. Lando definitely was MVP. Also surprised that Abol lived that X-Scizzor too~ o_O

4. Marashu

Marashu Well-Known Member

I am 100% truly terribly sorry for not being around as much as I should be these last few weeks. I am making a point of being around for the next couple hours, because the next time I MIGHT have a chance to be on is Monday.

EDIT: Closed for the night.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  5. Burnerv2

Burnerv2 Believe in Yourself!

Fighting Gym Status:
    Gym is Closed (8:15 p.m. EST)

Leader Battle Report 1:
    Challenger's name: justjeff
    Leader Type & Owner: Fighting/Burnerv2
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Absol, Whimsicott, Magnezone, Kyurem-B, Sylveon, Landorus-T
    Challenger Result: win 4-0
    Rate your performance: 6/10
    Rate opponent's performance: 10/10
    Comments about the match: Just greatly outplayed in this one. Lost my win condition too early. Good job! Enjoy the Intensity Badge! You've earned it!

Challenger Battle Report 1:
    Challenger's name: Burnerv2
    Leader Type & Owner: Ground/DJSummers
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Porygon 2, Banette, Starmie, Hawlucha, Togekiss, Scizor
    Challenger Result: loss 3-0
    Rate your performance: 7/10
    Rate opponent's performance: 10/10
    Comments about the match: I felt like I played well enough to win, but just not enough. He had a great mon that ran through my team at the end. Good game DJ o/

Challenger Battle Report 2:
    Earned the Village Symbol
    Leader Type & Owner: Battle Village/DJSummers
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Meloetta, Tyrantrum, Dugtrio, Slurpuff, Tangrowth, Whimscott
    Challenger Result: win 2-0
    Rate your performance: 9/10
    Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
    Comments about the match: I got into a good position and took advantage of it. Thanks again for the battles DJ o/

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  6. DJSummers

DJSummers Ground-Type Champion

Well, Ground Gym & Battle Village are open. PM/VM for a Challenge.

If you want to set a challenge date, PM/VM for that as well, and we can arrange something.

Gym Challenge
    Challenger's Name: Burnerv2
    Leader Type & Owner: DJSummers / Ground
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Summit of the Ancients / Porygon2, Banette, Starmie, Togekiss, Hawlucha, Scizor
    Challenger Result: Loss 3 - 0
    Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
    Comments about the match: Great match, thought I was going to lose since I didn't have a plan at the beginning, then let good teammates die. But I was wrong and took an opportunity to use.

Frontier Challenge
    Challenger's Name: Burnerv2
    Leader Type & Owner: DJSummers / Battle Village
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Slurpuff, Meloetta, Whimsicott, Tyrantrum, Tangrowth, Dugtrio
    Challenger Result: Win 2 - 0
    Comments about the match: This was a really good battle, losing Flareon to the Arena Trap ability was bad, but I still went on. Congrats for earning the Village Symbol. I should make a new team now and see how it does.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  7. JustJeff

JustJeff Through the Skys

Challenger's name: Bunerv2
    Leader Type & Owner: Fighting Gym within the Spirit Force Triad
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Abosl, Whimsicott, Magnezone, Kyurem-B, Sylveon, Landorus-T
    Challenger Result: Win
    Rate your performance: 7/10
    Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
    Comments about the match: Pro played him, but he definitely knew wat he was doing. I think i just caught him by surprised. Also wished he used the chat-room for live action commentary! but nonetheless, pretty cool game~

8. AuraCaster

AuraCaster Grand Guardian

Can I use ORAS Megas? Since Lucarionite is banned I cant use my main mega; so would I be able to use ones like Lopunnite, Galadite and Audinite?

9. Rocxidi

Rocxidi ס₪₪₪§€ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ7

Yes. By now all leaders should be ORAS ready.

10. Charizard_Rulez84

Charizard_Rulez84 Pika Pika

steel gym open for a few today :) lets pray mega gross stays put!

11. Dew Watatsumi

Dew Watatsumi Water Type E-3

Im still in Shiny Zorua hell....

Water E3 is open

Battle Island is Open

12. Rocxidi

Challenger's name: xDIRCIOx
    Leader Type & Owner: Steel / Charizard Rules
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Espeon Chansey Mandibuzz Magnezone Diggersby Altaria Mega
    Challenger Result: 5-0
    Comments about the match: srry. Team Fluffy basically counters your whole team, and the hax wasn't being your friend either.

Crown me :)

13. Charizard_Rulez84

Charizard_Rulez84 Pika Pika

Challenger's name: xDIRCIOx
    Leader Type & Owner: steel Charizard_Rulez84
    Team used against Triad/Facility:
    Challenger Result: win 5-0
    Rate your performance: 1
    Rate opponent's performance:10
    Comments about the match: hax was horrible along with misplays and just forgot his team from the start

14. cryuel

cryuel Well-Known Member

Didn't it get banned? :S

15. SkyBlue

SkyBlue I ate ColtonL

not yet. The identification thread (for voters) is done and now they just need to put up the voting thread and have the actual votes done.

due to my current situation I'm putting the fairy gym into an open by request. I can't really be open for long periods of times so if I'm available when asked then I'll open for the challenger(s). please keep in mind though that I won't always be available, but I will try to arrange a time if I can.

16. Rocxidi

Voting thread is up actually.

17. ZombieDeviant

ZombieDeviant Berry Master

Hey cryuel its been several days and there hasn't been other applicants. Can I start accepting challenges now?

18. cryuel

cryuel Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Zombie, I'm so sorry, I actually just remembered to announce it before I ended up reading your post. That being said, first of all congratulations on your new position! :)
    Secondly, indeed, you may start to open. Welcome (back) and have fun! :)

On a different note, behold the theme for our next tournament, which our League & Pokegyms will be hosting in two weeks time:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will posting rule specifics in the next couple of days. Before doing so, I was wondering if anyone who is interested and can help look into this might post spoiler tags here with members of the following Chinese Zodiac signs:
    • Goat
    • Ox
    • Rabbit
    • Dragon
    • Snake
    • Horse
    • Monkey
    • Pig

If a few of our Members could enthusiastically post at least one or two spoiler tags with members, we could help each other out easily in figuring out which members are available for the upcoming Tourney. Thank you! :)

19. ZombieDeviant

ZombieDeviant Berry Master

Thanks its good to be back. And I have a quick question about the above. Do you want us to each individually post which zodiac animal we belong to in spoilers?

20. twinyoshi45

twinyoshi45 The CryptKeeper

Fire gym and battle maze closed!

Leader Type & Owner: Battle Maze/Twinyoshi45
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Avalugg, Regice, Celebi, Beedrill, Salamence, Kabutops
    Challenger Result: win 5-0
    Comments about the match: its been so long since my last battle maze match lol I sacrificed the only thing I had for that Salamence too early, GG! enjoy the maze symbol!

Monkey = Smart, Quick-witted, Frank, Optimistic, Ambitious and Adventurous
    [spoil]Simisage, Simipour, Simisear, Infernape, Darmanitan, Primeape, Ambipom, and Slaking[/spoil]

Pig = Compassionate, Generous, Easy-going, Ambitious, Earnest, Responsible and modest
    [spoil]Primeape(he is a pig monkey...), Mamoswine, Grumpig, Emboar, Hippowdon[/spoil]

Horse = Active, Energetic, Kind, Rational, Optimistic, Sentimental, and Straightforward
    [spoil]Rapidash, Zebstrika, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo [/spoil]

Goat = Calm, Gentle, Creative, Thoughtful, Amicable, Persevering, Frank and Honest
    [spoil] Gogoat, Girafarig, Stantler, Sawsbuck, Ampharos, and Camerupt [/spoil]

Snake = Intelligent, Wise, Materialistic, Calm, Courageous, and Communicative
    [spoil] Arbok, Persian, Tentacruel, Hypno, Alakazam, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Dragonair, gyarados, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Noctowl, Xatu, Steelix, Espeon, umbreon, Slowking, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Delibird, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia and Ho-oh (if ubers), Celebi, Sceptile, Shiftry, Gardevoir, Medicham, Manectric, Claydol, Milotic, Huntail, gorebyss, Sableye, Metagross, Rayquaza( if you want to include Ubers), Infernape, Luxray, Bastiodon, Vespiquen, Mismagus, Serperior, Musharna, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Beheeyem, Eelektross, Liepard, and Malamar[/spoil]

Dragon = Enthusiastic, Confident, Intelligent, Ambitious, Hardworking and straightforward
    [spoil] Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Kingdra, Flygon, Tropius, Salamence, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza (if ubers), Eelektross, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Reshiram(if ubers), Zekrom (if ubers), Kyurem (if ubers), Dragalge, Goodra, and noivern [/spoil]

Ox = Diligent, reliable, honest, determined, and ambitious
    [spoil] Tauros, Raticate, Sandslash, Pinsir, Heracross, Granbull, Houndour, Ursaring, Aggron, Luxray, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Lucario, Gallade, Emboar, Samurott, Excadrill, Throh, Sawk, Scolipede, Darmanitan, Scrafty, Archeops, Haxorus, Beartic, Druddigon, Bouffalant, Braviary, Durant, Tornadus, thundurus, Chesnaught, Pyroar, Gogoat, and Tyrantrum [/spoil]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.