• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Howdy people. I think I'll make the Fighting Gym opening days on Thursday and Fridays as a regular.
Other than that I think I'll try to get all of the Battle Frontier symbols as my goal o/

Challenger Battle Report 1:
Earned the Maze Symbol
Challenger's name: Burnerv2
Leader Type & Owner: Battle Maze/Twinyoshi45
Team used against Triad/Facility: Avalugg, Regice, Celebi, Beedrill, Salamence, Kabutops
Challenger Result: win 5-0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: Glad I took a quick look at what works well in inverse battles. Otherwise I would of been completely lost. Good game Twinyoshi o/

Last edited:

JustJeff

Through the Skys
Challenger's name: ColtonL
Leader Type & Owner: Fairy of the Spirit Force Triad
Team used against Triad/Facility: Abosl, Whimsicott, Magnezone, Kyurem-B, Sylveon, Landorus-T
Challenger Result: Loss
Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
Comments about the match: Questionable plays were made. I'd say both players played quite well~

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Challenger's name:JustJeff
Leader Type & Owner: Fairy/Colton
Team used against Triad/Facility: Magnezone, Sylveon, Absol, Kyurem-B, Whimsicott, Landorus
Challenger Result: Lose 2-0
Comments about the match: Was a fun match! Looking forward to the rematch ^w^

cryuel

Thanks its good to be back. And I have a quick question about the above. Do you want us to each individually post which zodiac animal we belong to in spoilers?

Indeed, Twin Yoshi already provided us with a phantasmic base!

Fire gym and battle maze closed!

Team used against Triad/Facility: Avalugg, Regice, Celebi, Beedrill, Salamence, Kabutops
Comments about the match: its been so long since my last battle maze match lol I sacrificed the only thing I had for that Salamence too early, GG! enjoy the maze symbol!

Monkey = Smart, Quick-witted, Frank, Optimistic, Ambitious and Adventurous
[spoil]Simisage, Simipour, Simisear, Infernape, Darmanitan, Primeape, Ambipom, and Slaking[/spoil]

Pig = Compassionate, Generous, Easy-going, Ambitious, Earnest, Responsible and modest
[spoil]Primeape(he is a pig monkey...), Mamoswine, Grumpig, Emboar, Hippowdon[/spoil]

Horse = Active, Energetic, Kind, Rational, Optimistic, Sentimental, and Straightforward
[spoil]Rapidash, Zebstrika, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo [/spoil]

Goat = Calm, Gentle, Creative, Thoughtful, Amicable, Persevering, Frank and Honest
[spoil] Gogoat, Girafarig, Stantler, Sawsbuck, Ampharos, and Camerupt [/spoil]

Snake = Intelligent, Wise, Materialistic, Calm, Courageous, and Communicative
[spoil] Arbok, Persian, Tentacruel, Hypno, Alakazam, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Dragonair, gyarados, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Noctowl, Xatu, Steelix, Espeon, umbreon, Slowking, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Delibird, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia and Ho-oh (if ubers), Celebi, Sceptile, Shiftry, Gardevoir, Medicham, Manectric, Claydol, Milotic, Huntail, gorebyss, Sableye, Metagross, Rayquaza( if you want to include Ubers), Infernape, Luxray, Bastiodon, Vespiquen, Mismagus, Serperior, Musharna, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Beheeyem, Eelektross, Liepard, and Malamar[/spoil]

Dragon = Enthusiastic, Confident, Intelligent, Ambitious, Hardworking and straightforward
[spoil] Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Kingdra, Flygon, Tropius, Salamence, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza (if ubers), Eelektross, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Reshiram(if ubers), Zekrom (if ubers), Kyurem (if ubers), Dragalge, Goodra, and noivern [/spoil]

Ox = Diligent, reliable, honest, determined, and ambitious
[spoil] Tauros, Raticate, Sandslash, Pinsir, Heracross, Granbull, Houndour, Ursaring, Aggron, Luxray, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Lucario, Gallade, Emboar, Samurott, Excadrill, Throh, Sawk, Scolipede, Darmanitan, Scrafty, Archeops, Haxorus, Beartic, Druddigon, Bouffalant, Braviary, Durant, Tornadus, thundurus, Chesnaught, Pyroar, Gogoat, and Tyrantrum [/spoil]

AWESOME work, Twin Yoshi!! Thanks! :3
Now the question is if we want to limit the number of Pokemon at all in each spoiler (e.g. max. a choice of 10 or 15 in each spoiler), and also if we want to keep it Chinese Zodiac quality based (as you have done, using Pokemon that could fit these traits), or strictly form based (so Pokemon that look like Snakes rather than are Intelligent, Wise, Materialistic, etc.).
Or do we want a mix of both where we say "these are all the (for example) Snake Pokemon because they look like snakes, and in addition here is a choice out of 5 Pokemon that symbolically represent the qualities of Snake".

What does everyone think?

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
I feel like the best way to take it is the mix of both as almost every pokemon can be represented by these categories but at the same time there is literally only 1 actual goat pokemon not counting prevolutions while there are like 15+ dragons

Last edited:

ZombieDeviant

Berry Master
I think we should go with Pokemon that are based on the animals of the zodiacs. So Serperior for snake, Emboar for pig and etc etc

cryuel

Thanks its good to be back. And I have a quick question about the above. Do you want us to each individually post which zodiac animal we belong to in spoilers?

I feel like the best way to take it is the mix of both as almost every pokemon can be represented by these categories but at the same time there is literally only 1 actual goat pokemon not counting prevolutions while there are like 15+ dragons

A mix of both sounds good. Would you and/or someone else be able to comprise a well-selected list of Pokemon that literally fit these Chinese Zodiac signs and an additional list of a select number of Pokemon that fit the symbolic Zodiac meanings well? Thank you! :)

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Fire gym and battle maze closed!

Comments about the match: its been so long since my last battle maze match lol I sacrificed the only thing I had for that Salamence too early, GG! enjoy the maze symbol!

Monkey = Smart, Quick-witted, Frank, Optimistic, Ambitious and Adventurous
[spoil]Simisage, Simipour, Simisear, Infernape, Darmanitan, Primeape, Ambipom, and Slaking[/spoil]

Pig = Compassionate, Generous, Easy-going, Ambitious, Earnest, Responsible and modest
[spoil]Primeape(he is a pig monkey...), Mamoswine, Grumpig, Emboar, Hippowdon[/spoil]

Horse = Active, Energetic, Kind, Rational, Optimistic, Sentimental, and Straightforward
[spoil]Rapidash, Zebstrika, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo [/spoil]

Goat = Calm, Gentle, Creative, Thoughtful, Amicable, Persevering, Frank and Honest
[spoil] Gogoat, Girafarig, Stantler, Sawsbuck, Ampharos, and Camerupt [/spoil]

Snake = Intelligent, Wise, Materialistic, Calm, Courageous, and Communicative
[spoil] Arbok, Persian, Tentacruel, Hypno, Alakazam, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Dragonair, gyarados, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Noctowl, Xatu, Steelix, Espeon, umbreon, Slowking, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Delibird, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia and Ho-oh (if ubers), Celebi, Sceptile, Shiftry, Gardevoir, Medicham, Manectric, Claydol, Milotic, Huntail, gorebyss, Sableye, Metagross, Rayquaza( if you want to include Ubers), Infernape, Luxray, Bastiodon, Vespiquen, Mismagus, Serperior, Musharna, Gothitelle, Reuniclus, Beheeyem, Eelektross, Liepard, and Malamar[/spoil]

Dragon = Enthusiastic, Confident, Intelligent, Ambitious, Hardworking and straightforward
[spoil] Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Kingdra, Flygon, Tropius, Salamence, Latios, Latias, Rayquaza (if ubers), Eelektross, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Reshiram(if ubers), Zekrom (if ubers), Kyurem (if ubers), Dragalge, Goodra, and noivern [/spoil]

Ox = Diligent, reliable, honest, determined, and ambitious
[spoil] Tauros, Raticate, Sandslash, Pinsir, Heracross, Granbull, Houndour, Ursaring, Aggron, Luxray, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Lucario, Gallade, Emboar, Samurott, Excadrill, Throh, Sawk, Scolipede, Darmanitan, Scrafty, Archeops, Haxorus, Beartic, Druddigon, Bouffalant, Braviary, Durant, Tornadus, thundurus, Chesnaught, Pyroar, Gogoat, and Tyrantrum [/spoil]

I only focused on the ones with more than 5 mons in the list, so snake, dragon and ox xD

Snake:Arbok, Milotic, HUntail, Gorebyss, Serperior, Eelektross, Alakazam, Entei, Suicune, Umbreon, Espeon, Slowking

Dragon:Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Kingdra, Flygon, Salamence, Latios, Latias, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Dragalge, Goodra, and Noivern

Ox:Tauros, Pinsir, Heracross, Granbull, Ursaring, Aggron, Luxray, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Lucario, Gallade, Samurott, Throh, Sawk, Beartic, Druddigon, Bouffalant, Braviary, Chesnaught, Pyroar

I tried to focus on how I saw these mons in the anime or the manga so I'm a bit biased. I also removed mons who were listed elsewhere.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I've been slightly absent the past few days, is this the base for a new tournament?

Facilities open upon request.

Also, random side note, what are people's zodiac? I'm an Ox.

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
I've been slightly absent the past few days, is this the base for a new tournament?

Facilities open upon request.

Also, random side note, what are people's zodiac? I'm an Ox.
yes it is! the year of the goat tournament! I am also an Ox

Rabbit (aka the one I forgot to do)= Gentle, quiet, clever, elegant, alert, kind and patient
[spoil]Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Azumarill, Lopunny, Diggersby, Sandslash, Meganium, Blissey, Gardevoir, Roserade, Mienshao[/spoil]

Goat
[spoil] Gogoat, Girafarig, Stantler, Sawsbuck, Ampharos, Camerupt, Wobbuffet, Delibird, Forretress, Torkoal, Chesnaught[/spoil]

Monkey
[spoil] Simisage, Simipour, Simisear, Infernape, Darmanitan, Primeape, Ambipom, Slaking, Emolga, Raichu, Accelgor[/spoil]

Last edited:

AuraCaster

Grand Guardian
Can we use pokemon and items that are not banned from the OU tier, but banned from lower tiers?

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Can we use pokemon and items that are not banned from the OU tier, but banned from lower tiers?

As an OU League, why not. Only when facing a Frontier Member of a Lower Tier will you then result to those rules.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Last week was pretty hectic. Midterms are over, so pm to schedule a battle.

ZombieDeviant

Berry Master
I'll be taking challenges all day starting at 3:30 pm eastern (GMT -5) ORAS only

Hey guys,
I just want to announce that I'll be stepping down as the normal gym leader. With all the VGC stuff I've been doing and things being hectic at work, I just don't have the time to give this the full attention it deserves. I hope I can still be an active member and challenge other gyms, but its tough to give the gym leader position the attention it deserves. I apologize.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
v8eOndf.png
League Weekly Raffle Banner by Enchanted Hollow Graphics' FairyWitch

1. 5IV shiny Bold Overcoat Mandibuzz with Defog and Knock Off
    Congratulations DJ Summers!
    Contact Dragontamer to claim your prize!

2. choice of any 2 Choice Items or 1 Power Item
    Congratulations Silver Lanryu!
    Contact Cryùel to claim your prize!

3. 5IV Magnemite/Dratini/Mareep
    Congratulations Mr.Y!
    Contact Sito to claim your prize!

• Magnet Pull Magnemite, Modest, 31/x/31/31/31/31
    • HA Dratini, Adamant with Extremespeed, Aqua Jet, Dragon Dance, and Dragon Rush (Poke Ball/Dusk Ball), 31/31/31/x/31/31
    • Mareep, Timid with Agility, Electric Terrain (in Quick Ball), 31/x/31/31/31/31

Winners will be announced the Monday after prizes are announced, so try and collect Badges & Symbols throughout the week & weekend!

Prizes should be claimed sooner rather than later and will go back into the pot if not claimed until the next Raffle Winner announcement.

phantomclaw

hey guys this is an acticity post my new ds should be here on the weekend
the new tournament sounds cool
my zodic thingy is the tiger
and isnt chomp a dragon

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
hey guys this is an acticity post my new ds should be here on the weekend
the new tournament sounds cool
my zodic thingy is the tiger
and isnt chomp a dragon
while garchomp is a dragon type the reason I did not put him on my intial list is because he does not look like a dragon (he looks like a shark) and to me did not fit the qualities of the dragon zodiac sign, garchomp and its prevolutions seem to be fight-happy and greedy rather than ambitious and hard-working (whether or not he is used in the final tournament is completely up to cryuel though, this is just my two cents :D )

battle maze closed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.