1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Trinity League

Discussion in 'Pokémon Leagues' started by DJSummers, Apr 2, 2014.

?

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2014.
  1. Yes, change to "4 or more" (challengers can't bring 4 or more counters)

75.0%
  2. No, leave at "more than 4" (challengers can't bring 5-6 counters, but they can bring 4)

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burnerv2

Burnerv2 Believe in Yourself!

Howdy people. I think I'll make the Fighting Gym opening days on Thursday and Fridays as a regular.
    Other than that I think I'll try to get all of the Battle Frontier symbols as my goal o/

Challenger Battle Report 1:
    Earned the Maze Symbol
    Challenger's name: Burnerv2
    Leader Type & Owner: Battle Maze/Twinyoshi45
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Avalugg, Regice, Celebi, Beedrill, Salamence, Kabutops
    Challenger Result: win 5-0
    Rate your performance: 8/10
    Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
    Comments about the match: Glad I took a quick look at what works well in inverse battles. Otherwise I would of been completely lost. Good game Twinyoshi o/

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff Through the Skys

Challenger's name: ColtonL
    Leader Type & Owner: Fairy of the Spirit Force Triad
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Abosl, Whimsicott, Magnezone, Kyurem-B, Sylveon, Landorus-T
    Challenger Result: Loss
    Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
    Comments about the match: Questionable plays were made. I'd say both players played quite well~

3. SkyBlue

SkyBlue I ate ColtonL

Challenger's name:JustJeff
    Leader Type & Owner: Fairy/Colton
    Team used against Triad/Facility: Magnezone, Sylveon, Absol, Kyurem-B, Whimsicott, Landorus
    Challenger Result: Lose 2-0
    Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
    Comments about the match: Was a fun match! Looking forward to the rematch ^w^

4. cryuel

cryuel Well-Known Member

Indeed, Twin Yoshi already provided us with a phantasmic base!

AWESOME work, Twin Yoshi!! Thanks! :3
    Now the question is if we want to limit the number of Pokemon at all in each spoiler (e.g. max. a choice of 10 or 15 in each spoiler), and also if we want to keep it Chinese Zodiac quality based (as you have done, using Pokemon that could fit these traits), or strictly form based (so Pokemon that look like Snakes rather than are Intelligent, Wise, Materialistic, etc.).
    Or do we want a mix of both where we say "these are all the (for example) Snake Pokemon because they look like snakes, and in addition here is a choice out of 5 Pokemon that symbolically represent the qualities of Snake".

What does everyone think?

5. twinyoshi45

twinyoshi45 The CryptKeeper

I feel like the best way to take it is the mix of both as almost every pokemon can be represented by these categories but at the same time there is literally only 1 actual goat pokemon not counting prevolutions while there are like 15+ dragons

6. ZombieDeviant

ZombieDeviant Berry Master

I think we should go with Pokemon that are based on the animals of the zodiacs. So Serperior for snake, Emboar for pig and etc etc

7. cryuel

cryuel Well-Known Member

A mix of both sounds good. Would you and/or someone else be able to comprise a well-selected list of Pokemon that literally fit these Chinese Zodiac signs and an additional list of a select number of Pokemon that fit the symbolic Zodiac meanings well? Thank you! :)

8. dragontamer44722

dragontamer44722 Pokegyms Owner

I only focused on the ones with more than 5 mons in the list, so snake, dragon and ox xD

Snake:Arbok, Milotic, HUntail, Gorebyss, Serperior, Eelektross, Alakazam, Entei, Suicune, Umbreon, Espeon, Slowking

Dragon:Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Kingdra, Flygon, Salamence, Latios, Latias, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Dragalge, Goodra, and Noivern

Ox:Tauros, Pinsir, Heracross, Granbull, Ursaring, Aggron, Luxray, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Lucario, Gallade, Samurott, Throh, Sawk, Beartic, Druddigon, Bouffalant, Braviary, Chesnaught, Pyroar

I tried to focus on how I saw these mons in the anime or the manga so I'm a bit biased. I also removed mons who were listed elsewhere.

9. Lord Fighting

Lord Fighting Bank Ball Collector

I've been slightly absent the past few days, is this the base for a new tournament?

Facilities open upon request.

Also, random side note, what are people's zodiac? I'm an Ox.

10. twinyoshi45

yes it is! the year of the goat tournament! I am also an Ox

Rabbit (aka the one I forgot to do)= Gentle, quiet, clever, elegant, alert, kind and patient
    [spoil]Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Azumarill, Lopunny, Diggersby, Sandslash, Meganium, Blissey, Gardevoir, Roserade, Mienshao[/spoil]

Goat
    [spoil] Gogoat, Girafarig, Stantler, Sawsbuck, Ampharos, Camerupt, Wobbuffet, Delibird, Forretress, Torkoal, Chesnaught[/spoil]

Monkey
    [spoil] Simisage, Simipour, Simisear, Infernape, Darmanitan, Primeape, Ambipom, Slaking, Emolga, Raichu, Accelgor[/spoil]

11. Khybon

Khybon Rub My Belly?

gym closed for a few fpr teambuilding

12. AuraCaster

AuraCaster Grand Guardian

Can we use pokemon and items that are not banned from the OU tier, but banned from lower tiers?

13. DJSummers

DJSummers Ground-Type Champion

As an OU League, why not. Only when facing a Frontier Member of a Lower Tier will you then result to those rules.

14. Rocxidi

Rocxidi ס₪₪₪§€ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ7

Last week was pretty hectic. Midterms are over, so pm to schedule a battle.

15. ZombieDeviant

ZombieDeviant Berry Master

I'll be taking challenges all day starting at 3:30 pm eastern (GMT -5) ORAS only

16. Hey guys,
    I just want to announce that I'll be stepping down as the normal gym leader. With all the VGC stuff I've been doing and things being hectic at work, I just don't have the time to give this the full attention it deserves. I hope I can still be an active member and challenge other gyms, but its tough to give the gym leader position the attention it deserves. I apologize.

17. Lord Fighting

Lord Fighting Bank Ball Collector

[​IMG]
    League Weekly Raffle Banner by Enchanted Hollow Graphics' FairyWitch

1. 5IV shiny Bold Overcoat Mandibuzz with Defog and Knock Off
      Congratulations DJ Summers!
      Contact Dragontamer to claim your prize!

2. choice of any 2 Choice Items or 1 Power Item
      Congratulations Silver Lanryu!
      Contact Cryùel to claim your prize!

3. 5IV Magnemite/Dratini/Mareep
      Congratulations Mr.Y!
      Contact Sito to claim your prize!

• Magnet Pull Magnemite, Modest, 31/x/31/31/31/31
      • HA Dratini, Adamant with Extremespeed, Aqua Jet, Dragon Dance, and Dragon Rush (Poke Ball/Dusk Ball), 31/31/31/x/31/31
      • Mareep, Timid with Agility, Electric Terrain (in Quick Ball), 31/x/31/31/31/31

Winners will be announced the Monday after prizes are announced, so try and collect Badges & Symbols throughout the week & weekend!

Prizes should be claimed sooner rather than later and will go back into the pot if not claimed until the next Raffle Winner announcement.

18. phantomclaw

phantomclaw Well-Known Member

hey guys this is an acticity post my new ds should be here on the weekend
    the new tournament sounds cool
    my zodic thingy is the tiger
    and isnt chomp a dragon

19. Charizard_Rulez84

Charizard_Rulez84 Pika Pika

zodiac=rat :)

20. twinyoshi45

while garchomp is a dragon type the reason I did not put him on my intial list is because he does not look like a dragon (he looks like a shark) and to me did not fit the qualities of the dragon zodiac sign, garchomp and its prevolutions seem to be fight-happy and greedy rather than ambitious and hard-working (whether or not he is used in the final tournament is completely up to cryuel though, this is just my two cents :D )

battle maze closed!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.