• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Question: I have a team that I'd like to use (for all gyms), but after analysing it I realised it would be a counter team to the Fire, Dragon and Psychic type. The team though, is by no means designed to counter anything as it's just a collection of 6 Pokemon I really like a lot, I think 5 of them aren't even OU. Is the counterteam rule a hard rule or more like an indication to what could be considered a counter team?

To extend on that, would abilities such as Water Bubble, Heatproof, Levitate and Thick Fat count as a resistance? Then finally, how about stab moves such as Freeze-Dry, is that considered a counter to Water gyms? Sorry for all these questions xd!

Well I kept the Counter-team rule the same to not have the Leaders facing Pokemon that hit and resist their type respectfully. But I may just remove the Counter-team rule and just have the Challengers only allowed to use 1 Team of Pokemon against all Leaders in the Triad without any substitutions.

As for the Abilities, no they don't count as Counter-teaming. Only the Pokemon's typing, so you can use any ability and move you want.

Ex: Facing the Elements Triad with Articuno, Abomasnow, Alakazam, Mandibuzz, Blissey, and Kommo-o.
Counter to Grass (Articuno, Abomasnow, Mandibuzz, and Kommo-o)
Counter to Fire (Kommo-o)
Counter to Water (Abomasnow, and Kommo-o)

Meaning this team wouldn't be allowed since Grass has more than 3 Counters against it.

But I'll let post here if I indeed decide to remove the Counter-teaming rule and add the 1 Team Triad Rule.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Well I kept the Counter-team rule the same to not have the Leaders facing Pokemon that hit and resist their type respectfully. But I may just remove the Counter-team rule and just have the Challengers only allowed to use 1 Team of Pokemon against all Leaders in the Triad without any substitutions.

As for the Abilities, no they don't count as Counter-teaming. Only the Pokemon's typing, so you can use any ability and move you want.

Ex: Facing the Elements Triad with Articuno, Abomasnow, Alakazam, Mandibuzz, Blissey, and Kommo-o.
Counter to Grass (Articuno, Abomasnow, Mandibuzz, and Kommo-o)
Counter to Fire (Kommo-o)
Counter to Water (Abomasnow, and Kommo-o)

Meaning this team wouldn't be allowed since Grass has more than 3 Counters against it.

But I'll let post here if I indeed decide to remove the Counter-teaming rule and add the 1 Team Triad Rule.

I think the counter team rule is good to have in place, though we could tweak it a bit. Maybe you can't have a team that counters 2/3 of the triad instead of all 3? Or some way that I'm not thinking of.

I was wondering if we could change the gym leader team rule, to where instead of 4 'mons of the same type to 3? That might actually balance out removing the counter team rule. I'm not sure how hard it is for other types, but the lack of rapid spinners/defoggers sucks butt lol. None are electric type and there are still not that many to choose from. I need a defog move tutor ;A;

anywho, finally have a day off so I'll be grinding battle tree today to get the items I need, and also working on completing my dex for that shiny charm. ^w^

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Announcement

I wanted to make it know that I've decided that I will indeed keep the CT (Counter-Team) Rule, as its a way to test your Team Building skills. Plus adds in the extra Challenge

As for the CT Rules, for those who didn't know, it only works for the Pokemon's Original Typing. Abiities & Movesets aren't apart of it.
- However, like explained in the OP. Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving and changes type, would add the new type to its CT.

Challengers also are now required to use 1 Team to beat the entire Triad with no substitutions.
- Meaning beat 2 Gyms in a Triad but keep losing to the 3rd, in order to change your team, you'd forfeit the badges earned in that Triad and restart over with the new team.

I'll be keeping track of it all on the Trinity Spreadsheet, link to that is in the OP.

I hope you'll enjoy your Challenge.

Also, this Upcoming Weekend will officially be the deadline for getting teams up and ready. Any Leader(s) needing an extension can PM/VM me so I can let the Challengers know which Gym's aren't ready.

And Challengers, you are allowed to PM/VM the Leaders to schedule a battle, as I'm sure with the timezones everyone's availability will be different, and some Leaders are only available on specific days.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I am now opening the dragon gym for about two hours or so. (So basically till 12 noon Pacific Standard Time, GMT -8.) As a note, though, with the portable access point I'm using, I have yet to test it with battles. So if we battle and somehow disconnect, I apologize in advance. But otherwise, send me a PM/VM if you'd like to challenge me in my available hours. I will be conducting these battles in Sun/Moon.

Edit: Closed for now... lunch time + class for me. Might try opening again later.

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I should get started on making my Challenge Teams for the Triads.

On another Note, the Normal Gym is Open, VM/PM for a challenge.

EDIT:

The New Userbars are here on the OP!
You are welcome to using them if you'd like, just make sure to give credit to LynxForte.

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I will be creating a Discord Chat Server for Leaders & Challengers to be able to go to if they want and for better communication regarding Challenges. I'll let you know when I've created it and I'll put the Link here in the OP, and in my Signature.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I will be creating a Discord Chat Server for Leaders & Challengers to be able to go to if they want and for better communication regarding Challenges. I'll let you know when I've created it and I'll put the Link here in the OP, and in my Signature.
Oh thank goodness! Most people nowadays (including myself) are on Discord. If you need help getting things set up, I wouldn't mind assisting! owo

Speaking of gym openings, planning to open up the dragon gym again sometime this weekend.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Closed now.

Leader Type: Flying
Challenger: Djsummers
Team used against Leader: Tauros, Sylveon, LAtios, Galvantula, Gyarados, Jirachi
Challenger Result: Win 3-0
Rate your performance: 6/10
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: I was stupid and walked into something I knew was coming and I couldn't do much about it without losing a pokemon or two. Its fun to be back in the game though, gg :3

Challenger: Whybuffet
Team used against Leader: Staraptor, Rotom W, Clefable, Garchomp, Dhelmise, Absol
Challenger Result: loss 4-0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: I think I got lucky honestly. Had I not killed Garchomp when I did it may have been a be pain in the butt, the crit helped. Gg ;3

Challenger: Whybuffet
Team used against Leader: Tapu Lele, Phermosa, Ninetales A, Minior, Porygon Z, Metagross
Challenger Result: win 2-0
Rate your performance: 7/10
Comments about the match: A single pokemon essentially wiped the floor with me and there wasn't much I could do about it. But you learn from your mistakes and now I know I need to make some changes.

Challenger: Mew2000
Team used against Leader: Alola Ninetales, Alola Marowak, Greninja, Landorus I, Scizor, ROtom W
Challenger Result: Win 2-0
Comments about the match: Hax galore, that's about it xD One of his mon had a move I wasn't expecting so I lost a mon I thought would have been my saving grace but, oh well xD

Last edited:

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
I finally have my gen 7 team ready!

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
VS League Challengers
Leader Type: Normal
Challenger: mew2000
Team used against Leader: Landorus-T, Ninetales-A, Marowak-A, Greninja, Scizor, Rotom-W
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 3
Rate opponent's performance: 7/10
Comments about the match: Good game. Was a fun batte even though your team was built for another person.

Challenger: WhyBuffet
Team used against Leader: Pheromosa, Tapu Lele, Porygon-Z, Minior, Metagross, Ninetales-A
Challenger Result: Win 3 - 0
Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
Comments about the match: If only I was Jolly Nature, I could've possibly tried for the win better.

Challenger: dragontamer44722
Team used against Leader: Infernape, Zapdos, Sylveon, Tyrantrum, Skarmory, Silvally
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 3
Comments about the match: Good game. Thought Tyrantrum was a different set.

My Challenge
Challenger: DJSummers
Team used against Leader: Jirachi, Latios, Sylveon, Gyarados, Tauros, Galvantula
Comments about the match: Good game, was a crazy game indeed.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I've already noticed the CT's upon editing, and I'm letting these 2 slide since one was mainly my fault as I didn't check for CT. But, I just thought I'd point it out anyways.

Challenger: Mew2000
Team used against Leader: Ninetales-A, Marowak-A, Greninja, Landorus-T, Scizor, Rotom-W
Challenger Result: Win 2-0
Comments about the match: Hax galore, that's about it xD One of his mon had a move I wasn't expecting so I lost a mon I thought would have been my saving grace but, oh well xD

The four bold Pokemon all counter Ground, typing wise.
Ninetales-A, Greninja, and Rotom-W hit SE, while Landorus-T is immune to Ground stab.

Since its just 1 more counter, and only a counter to 1 Gym, I'll allow you to continue.

Team used against Leader: Pheromosa, Tapu Lele, Porygon-Z, Minior, Metagross, Ninetales-A
Comments about the match: If only I was Jolly Nature, I could've possibly tried for the win better.

This one here is mainly my fault like I said before. Here there are 5 CT's to Fighting. Tapu Lele, Minior, Metagross, and Ninetales-A hit SE, while Pheromosa resists Fighting Stab.

This was only allowed to continue because Why is also the Fighting Gym Leader.

In the future, you'll be required to check for CT's or else if you happen to beat a Gym and I notice there is a CT, I will post here like I did above, and notify you that you cannot have the win.

If you need CT assistance, here's the page for it on the Spreadsheet;
Triad CT Check

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Fighting Gym will be open in a few hours.
PM/VM me your challenge requests now, and when I open I shall respond to them in the order I received them.

EDIT: Closed now.

Last edited:

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Bug gym is open, PM/VM me is you want to challenge me and i will answer as soon as i can :)

Edit:

Gym is open now, its working again :)

Leader Type: Bug
Team used against Leader: Landorus-T/Pheromosa/Metagross/A-Ninetales/Porygon-Z
Challenger Result: Win 5-0
Comments about the match: At least I defeated something xD. Good game.

I am back on the path of being the most defeated leader :p

Last edited:

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Water Gym is open! PM/VM me

Leader Type: Water
Team used against Leader: Landorus-T/Pheromosa/Metagross/A-Ninetales/Porygon-Z
Challenger Result: Win 5-0
Rate your performance: 0/10
Comments about the match: My team wasn't ready and prepared to deal with my opponent's more work needed to be done, while his fone a good job, mine was mediocre

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Was hoping to open up sometime tonight, but I had other priorities.
The dragon gym will be open tomorrow, estimating around the afternoon/evening (PST / GMT -8).

Status
Not open for further replies.