• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Challenger's name: ColtonL
Leader Type(/Battle Mode) & Owner: Ubers/LF
Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Kyogre, Deoxys-A, Mewtwo, Yveltal, Arceus fairy, ?
Challenger result: Loss 4-0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 4/10
Comments about the match: Well I pulled another sweep of again. Albeit it with a different Pokemon this time. Also, you used joke movesets which is pretty much why you lost. It was fun though :)

Battle temple officialy open :) Fight me.

Challenger's name: PokemonMadness8
Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Kyogre, Excadrill, krokodile, galvantular, Arceus , Blaziken
Challenger result: Lose 6-0
Rate your performance: 10/10
Rate opponent's performance: 2/10
Comments about the match: You're still using a non proper ubers team and you still haven't got the hang of the tier. I really think you should read/ learn some more about ubers before I except another rematch. I don't mean to be patronising or anything but you keep falling victim to the same two Pokemon sweeping.

Challenger's name: PokemonMadness8
Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Kyogre, kangaskhan, zekrom, genesect, Arceus , deoxys-A
Challenger result: Lose 2-0
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7/10
Comments about the match: Well you improved at last, once you made a proper team and learnt a lot from me as I could see :p You're getting better :)

Battle temple now closed.

Last edited:

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Would be on more if the damn forums weren't bugging out like crazy lately, dragon gym will most likely be open later

Dragon gym is open for the next 2 hours, I will be on and off watching YouTube videos and after I finish each one, (7-15 minutes each) I will be right back on the forums and will go back to videos if I have no battle requests so don't think I'm off for the rest of the night

Last edited:

cryuel

League Council Update:
EA1Mi4G.png
Credit: Daedric Design's SwornMetalhead​

Dear Trinity League Members,

Today is our 3-month birthday!!

Can you believe it? In barely three months time, we have opened up a new, exciting communal League; expanded to include all 18 types for our Gym Leaders & E3; introduced a Raffle; organised themed, casual tournaments; and recently also expanded to include a PS-oriented Battle Frontier!
With some great artist sponsors, dedicated Leaders & Brains, and a sense of support that I think well defines our League's atmosphere, we've reached page 150 (ironic number, now that I think of it) and grown to become one of SPFF's largest Leagues in just the recent few months! ~congratulations~

Looking ahead, I'm posting this Council Update to invite feedback, discussion, and suggestions to help our League grow even further from here on.
My personal vision in terms of League expansion ended with the recent inclusion of a PS-oriented Battle Frontier. I think we offer quite a lot as a League and do so very well, so maintaining that would be my priority here onwards.

Concrete goals I have for our League includes the following:
  1. bigger turn-out of non-Leader/Brain Challengers:
    As you can see from the spreadsheet, we have a lot of registered Challengers but only a few who are actively pursuing badges. I don't think it's because of our activity (for most part, almost all our Leaders & Brains are very active); neither do I think it's because of a lack of League services, since we offer a vast array of activities (i.e. Gym Leaders, Frontier, Tourneys, Raffle). I've seen similar trends from other Leagues too where Challengers oftentimes only want to earn Badges if they can be Gym Leaders, so the big question for us all is: How can we encourage non-Leader challengers to actively pursue earning badges? (e.g. more advertising within SPFF or possibly outside of it?; a "Buddy system" to have Leaders check in on them and invite them from time to time?; any other suggestions?)
  2. bigger turn-out for our casual tourneys: Turn out has been quite good for these, I think, and they've been going rather smoothly in terms of organisation. Again, it would be nice to have more non-League member participants, so the question is: How do we increase turn-out and/or awareness of our Tourneys? (i.e. more signature advertisement?; a thread in the Tourney section of SPFF?; a Facebook group?; other suggestions?)
  3. Frontier Overseers: Like our Thread Overseers, I would like to include more voluntary Frontier Overseers whose main responsibility it would be to help out those with Frontier questions and keep track of Symbols earned to add to the spreadsheet. Currently our only Frontier Overseer is Lt.Bleu.

It would be great to discuss these points now that a clear goal is set, and hopefully we can aim towards actively achieving this goal soon! :)

What I think we have been doing very well - to list that also:
  • League activity: I have been more or less satisfied with this. There are maybe 2-3 Leaders who are rather inactive but mostly within the means of our rules. Communication between all Leaders has been excellent though, so I'm very happy our League excels in this.
  • Support: The communal aspect of our League is something that defines the Trinity League, as I envisioned it. I think we've had great communication in our League with a minimum amount of Strikes/Penalties, little to no recent bloating of immature, non-topic things, and a maximum amount of supportive and fun oriented conversations *yay*
  • Raffle Prizes & Donors: There have been many generous donors who have volunteered to offer Raffle prizes on a fairly common basis, and I think our League has a great mix of incentive Raffle Prizes! Thank you to all of you who have offered prizes and also to those who look forward to the Raffles! :)
  • Thread Overseer activity: I was somewhat underwhelmed in the beginning, but in the recent months there have been many great efforts by quite a few of our Thread Overseers to maintain the spreadsheet and register Badges and Challenger Teams. Thank you, and let's keep up the work together!
  • Organisation: Last but not least, I think most if not all aspects of our League have profited from collaborative efforts and suggestions from our Members to improve the organisation and balance of our League. (e.g. Tier discussions; Tournament Theme suggestions; Rule clarifications & amendments; etc.) I'm very pleased with these and hope we continue to offer constructive suggestions to better areas where our League can be organised even better.

Hereby, I open the League Council and invite all Members to offer their feedback on the points I mentioned (or any other you would like to bring up) until perhaps the end of this week's weekend.
    Thank you to everyone for making our League wonderful! :)

~Cryùel

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Concrete goals I have for our League includes the following:
  • bigger turn-out of non-Leader/Brain Challengers:
    As you can see from the spreadsheet, we have a lot of registered Challengers but only a few who are actively pursuing badges. I don't think it's because of our activity (for most part, almost all our Leaders & Brains are very active); neither do I think it's because of a lack of League services, since we offer a vast array of activities (i.e. Gym Leaders, Frontier, Tourneys, Raffle). I've seen similar trends from other Leagues too where Challengers oftentimes only want to earn Badges if they can be Gym Leaders, so the big question for us all is: How can we encourage non-Leader challengers to actively pursue earning badges? (e.g. more advertising within SPFF or possibly outside of it?; a "Buddy system" to have Leaders check in on them and invite them from time to time?; any other suggestions?)
  • bigger turn-out for our casual tourneys: Turn out has been quite good for these, I think, and they've been going rather smoothly in terms of organisation. Again, it would be nice to have more non-League member participants, so the question is: How do we increase turn-out and/or awareness of our Tourneys? (i.e. more signature advertisement?; a thread in the Tourney section of SPFF?; a Facebook group?; other suggestions?)

It would be great to discuss these points now that a clear goal is set, and hopefully we can aim towards actively achieving this goal soon! :)

Well for the first one I think one of the best things we can do is advertise/or atleast find groups, on serebii or not, that love to battle but aren't necessarily a league or official group. Idk if there are any but what I mean are those type of groups where people just go to chat and battle. They're not really organized to where they give anything for winning or losing, its just all for the spirit of battling. Idk, if you understand any of this then maybe you get the idea/know of a place :3

onto the 2nd thing, I feel like mixing facebook and serebii is like mixing oil and water. I mean if we put it on facebook then we'd be advertising about the league, but the people on facebook would have to come onto serebii to actually join/participate. Unless we tried to keep up and have the league on there too, but idk how that'd be organized.
Not to mention the fact that facebook laggs and never works for me. (yet for my mom it works fine .___. )

anywho just my opinions :3

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Water E-3 and Battle Island Wifi are OPEN

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Maybe we can start a guild or start beeing partners with one, I've seen some guilds starting leagues here, so maybe we do the opposite and start a guild. That or we can grow inside Serebii to other areas like clubs and stuff.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Maybe we can start a guild or start beeing partners with one, I've seen some guilds starting leagues here, so maybe we do the opposite and start a guild. That or we can grow inside Serebii to other areas like clubs and stuff.

some of us may already be in guilds and may be unwilling to leave our previous guild. Also, clubs tend to die FAR more quickly than guilds

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.

Maybe being partners with guilds or growing inside to other parts of the forums would be good. Plus, some of us gym leaders/frontier brains here are already in guilds, however... but I guess it depends on whether we choose to leave or not. I'm in The Eternian Forces. And if I recall correctly, Colton is in Veneno Oscuridad and Dew is in Pixel Dreams.

Speaking of advertising, I'm actually also trying to advertise this league in the other league I help out at.
(Not on Serebii, but in a different community... in fact, a Smash Bros community.)

Mr.Y

O)_(O
some of us may already be in guilds and may be unwilling to leave our previous guild. Also, clubs tend to die FAR more quickly than guilds
So it's impossible to be in two guilds at the same time? I don't know how guilds work :/. We can still try beeing partners with guilds, I don't think we'd need to chose only one.

Maybe being partners with guilds or growing inside to other parts of the forums would be good. Plus, some of us gym leaders/frontier brains here are already in guilds, however... but I guess it depends on whether we choose to leave or not. I'm in The Eternian Forces. And if I recall correctly, Colton is in Veneno Oscuridad and Dew is in Pixel Dreams.

Speaking of advertising, I'm actually also trying to advertise this league in the other league I help out at.
(Not on Serebii, but in a different community... in fact, a Smash Bros community.)
So, you can only be part of one guild right? I think it would be better to be partners with them than to create our own then.

cryuel

So it's impossible to be in two guilds at the same time? I don't know how guilds work :/. We can still try beeing partners with guilds, I don't think we'd need to chose only one.

So, you can only be part of one guild right? I think it would be better to be partners with them than to create our own then.

For the same reasons as Dew and Silver mentioned, I would not necessarily suggest opening a Guild. For one, it forces some to choose (I think - I actually also am not quite sure how guilds work, but I would imagine that's how loyalty would be with most guilds), but more importantly it's also more active work to maintain one.

I like the partner ideas though, and some of our Leaders have actually come up to me suggesting that recently. I'm wondering if we could have a Guild X support week/month type thing, and then the next week/month another partner-league-support period. The Guild(s) would do the same for us then? And/or we could host Guild Tourneys to promote support?

Just playing with ideas here but I completely agree with all the advertising suggestions made so far.

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
its a very interesting conundrum we have and I have no idea how to attract more people, the best thing I could think of is what Mr.Y suggested we start a guild and try to attract people who like guilds to the league, anyhoo Fire gym and Battle maze are closed!

Challenger's name: Dew Watasumi
Leader Type(/Battle Mode) & Owner: Inverse/Twinyoshi45
Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Battle maze/ Excadrill, Roserade, Salamence, Crawdaunt, Medicham-M, Galvantula
Challenger Result: lose 0-3
Rate opponent's performance: 7.6/10
Comments about the match: this was a good battle for your first competitive Inverse battle you chose some interesting pokemon for this but overall was a great match, GG!

Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Battle maze/ Xatu, Samurott, Armaldo, Liligant, Dragalge, Mesprit
Challenger Result: lose 0-4
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: oh god this was a very interesting match as my Keldeo did not want to sleep, GG!

Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Battle maze/ Absol-M, Roserade, Lucario, Porygon-Z, Forretress, Jolteon
Challenger Result: lose 0-2
Comments about the match: this one was close it went in my favor only because of a play rough miss on one of my last mons, GG!

Challenger's name: Cryuel
Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Battle maze/ Ditto, Exploud, Charizard-YM, Weavile, Sableye, Heliolisk
Challenger Result: win 1-0
Rate opponent's performance: 8.4/10
Comments about the match: was a very close game but cryuel had the last part of the match under lock and key! GG! enjoy the Maze Symbol!

Last edited:

BugPokemonMaster316

Sorry for the lack of activity. Unfortunately, that's going to continue as I'm going camping for a week on Saturday, the 5th. I won't be returning until the 14th. For now though, the Poison gym is OPEN!

Now, about those goals we have.

Bigger Challenger Turnout: The only thing we can really do is try to advertise. Adding banners to signatures, inviting some friends we may know, and bringing up the league when acceptable all seem like good ideas. However, we shouldn't try to cram it down peoples' throats'.

Bigger Tournament Turnout: From what I've seen, most competitive players on Serebii prefer to use PS for battles. Once again, advertising seems to be like a good idea for finding more people for tournaments. Also, I doubt a Facebook group would do much since people would then need to create a Serebii account, and I don't think very many people would find the group in the first place.

That's really all that I have thought of. However, Mr. Y's idea is fantastic. Creating a guild would be sure to attract some more members. The only problem I could see with that is that some members here may already be part of a guild.

EDIT: It seems we've come to a conclusion on whether or not to make a guild. Well, that's what I get for always reading my posts ten times over before I actually post them.

cryuel

Sorry for the lack of activity. Unfortunately, that's going to continue as I'm going camping for a week on Saturday, the 5th. I won't be returning until the 14th. For now though, the Poison gym is OPEN!

Now, about those goals we have.

Bigger Challenger Turnout: The only thing we can really do is try to advertise. Adding banners to signatures, inviting some friends we may know, and bringing up the league when acceptable all seem like good ideas. However, we shouldn't try to cram it down peoples' throats'.

Bigger Tournament Turnout: From what I've seen, most competitive players on Serebii prefer to use PS for battles. Once again, advertising seems to be like a good idea for finding more people for tournaments. Also, I doubt a Facebook group would do much since people would then need to create a Serebii account, and I don't think very many people would find the group in the first place.

That's really all that I have thought of. However, Mr. Y's idea is fantastic. Creating a guild would be sure to attract some more members. The only problem I could see with that is that some members here may already be part of a guild.

EDIT: It seems we've come to a conclusion on whether or not to make a guild. Well, that's what I get for always reading my posts ten times over before I actually post them.

Well, I don't mean to dictate things by any means! :D If those who have experiences with guilds think this would be more beneficial to the League (attracting newcomers) than disadvantageous (same amount of challenges + work), by all means it's something we could think about. As someone very inexperienced with guilds, I would love to hear more thoughts from all of you on creating our own guild Vs. partnering with guild(s).

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I am also soon to be co-leader of a guild and I would not be willing to leave that for our own guild and I don't think Dew and the others would be willing to leave either.

BugPokemonMaster316

Well, I don't mean to dictate things by any means! :D If those who have experiences with guilds think this would be more beneficial to the League (attracting newcomers) than disadvantageous (same amount of challenges + work), by all means it's something we could think about. As someone very inexperienced with guilds, I would love to hear more thoughts from all of you on creating our own guild Vs. partnering with guild(s).

While I feel it would be beneficial, I feel that the cons outweigh the pros. Sure, we can gain new members, but many of the members here are already a part of a guild. In addition, guild wars are held strictly on PS, and tournaments are not allowed to be discussed within the guild. The rules there are very strict, and the guilds as a whole are PS based. So while partnering could work, most guild members prefer PS, and also, members that are not in a guild cannot post in that guild's thread.

Challenger's name: DJSummers
Leader Type(/Battle Mode) & Owner: Poison/BPM
Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Glacial Biohazard Triad/Manectric, Conkeldurr, Togekiss, Excadrill, Espeon, Salamence
Challenger Result: Win 4-0
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7/10
Comments about the match: I really shouldn't have switched out to the Pokémon I did. I should've known you'd go for Ice Punch. That freeze on the other mon I had didn't help much either. In the end though, it was a good match.

Last edited:

Mr.Y

O)_(O
While I feel it would be beneficial, I feel that the cons outweigh the pros. Sure, we can gain new members, but many of the members here are already a part of a guild. In addition, guild wars are held strictly on PS, and tournaments are not allowed to be discussed within the guild. The rules there are very strict, and the guilds as a whole are PS based. So while partnering could work, most guild members prefer PS, and also, members that are not in a guild cannot post in that guild's thread.

Hm, that sounds bad. We need to throw away the guild idea, it looks like beeing partners with one guild could cause problems with leaders/challengers from different guilds, and beeing partners with more than one guild seems to be as feasable as beeing a partner with the URSS and the USA on the cold war.
The PS stuff also doesn't help as we're a mainly Wi-fi league.

Also, the dark gym is open.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Creating a guild doesn't sound like a good idea, since most people are already part of one. I think the league could start by asking someone to create a small button link that every challenger and leader could add to their sig...

cryuel

Creating a guild doesn't sound like a good idea, since most people are already part of one. I think the league could start by asking someone to create a small button link that every challenger and leader could add to their sig...

Creating an awesome banner/buttom wouldn't be difficult, so that's definitely something we could do.

So it sounds that creating our own guild, after all, would have more cons than it would have pros. And I absolutely wouldn't want our Members who are already part of a Guild have to choose their loyalty (if that's seemingly the case with most guilds). I wonder if partnerships with a guild or more guilds would work though. Perhaps we could encourage guild community building by hosting a guild themed Wifi tourney? That way they would actually spend the time outside of PS crafting a team? Or we could have PS tourneys? Not sure how I'd feel about PS tourneys though.

Edit:
Challenger's name: Cryuel
Leader Type(/Battle Mode) & Owner: Inverse & TwinYoshi45
Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Charizard (Y), Heliolisk, Ditto, Sableye, Weavile, Exploud
Challenger Result: Win 1-0
Rate your performance: 9.5/10
Rate opponent's performance: 9.5/10
Comments about the match: What a close and excellent match!! I really love the thrill of Inverse+PS!! I tried using a team that almost perfectly mirrors what I would use were this a Wifi battle (except Exploud), but during those last 2 turns I was SO GLAD you actually had a Pokemon slower than my Exploud, though Heliolisk would have cleaned up anyways. Great game - thanks!

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Sorry for the wait. Finished eating

Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Battle maze/ Excadrill, Roserade, Salamence, Crawdaunt, Medicham-M, Galvantula
Challenger Result: lose 0-3
Rate opponent's performance: 7.6/10
Comments about the match: HAX

Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Battle maze/ Xatu, Samurott, Armaldo, Liligant, Dragalge, Mesprit
Challenger Result: lose 0-4
Comments about the match: I hate Keldeo now...

Triad & Team used against this Triad(/Brain): Battle maze/ Absol-M, Roserade, Lucario, Porygon-Z, Forretress, Jolteon
Challenger Result: lose 0-2
Comments about the match: HAX

E3 and battle island still open...

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Veneno oscuridad is great! You could probably ask them if we wanted to try a partnership type thing, metalsonic's pretty cool 'bout stuff.
If we do go the make a guild route then I'd be willing to join, I'm not really active in Veneno but meh, sounds like we're not going that route.

A button/link is a great idea! Especially for those that don't know how to link/mess with the sig too well. make it pretty cryuel, or I'll hurt you 0-0
ugh ps tournaments, no thank you. But y'all go ahead if y'all really want to do one :3

Status
Not open for further replies.