• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Challenger's name: Aoki
Leader Type & Owner: Poison/Cutty
Team used against Triad/Facility: Tyranitar, Gyarados, Rotom W, Terrakion, Venusaur, Scizor
Challenger Result: Win 2-0
Rate your performance:6/10
Rate opponent's performance: 5/10
Comments about the match: It was a gg. Got really good at the end of the match. Came down to who could make a winning condition with their last three pokemon.

Leader Type & Owner: Grass/Marashu
Team used against Triad/Facility: Tyranitar, Gyarados, Rotom W, Terrakion, Venusaur, Scizor
Challenger Result: Win 3-0
Rate your performance:8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: It was such a great match. Back to back predictions on both sides and slowly taking down each others counters till the last moment. It was haxy at the end when you got that crit in the sand, after my miss, lol, but Arceus was looking down on me with good fortune when sleep powder missed. GG it was a really fun match.

your team countered poison, but I guess its too late for that now.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Water E3 OPEN!

Battle Island (Wifi) OPEN!

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Psychic Gym and Battle Resort (Wi-fi) are open for a little while.
theamazinhazen still has top priority since he scheduled a rematch with me first.
I may be sidetracked in the meantime, but will check up on any incoming messages.

Closed for now, as I am being called elsewhere. *w* I may attempt to open again tonight, mostly to try to get theamazinhazen's rematch in, hopefully. ;w;

---

Challengers

Challenger's name: Twinyoshi45
Leader Type & Owner: Wi-fi UnderUsed / Silver
Team used against Triad/Brain: Slowking, Porygon2, Reuniclus, Scrafty, Ursaring, Abomasnow
Challenger Result: Loss; 0-6
Rate your performance: 9/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7.5/10
Comments about the match: You have my utmost respect for using a Trick Room team. <3 My prediction with the Moonblast was quite spot on, as I had a feeling you were gonna switch while I'd attempt to heal off my poison. xD I still think you did well regardless of how the results look. I was wondering if that Abomasnow of yours had HP Fire, because if not, I think it'd help it a lot, especially when going for a mixed moveset. o: But otherwise, good game!

Last edited:
Leader Type & Owner: Poison/Cutty
Team used against Triad/Facility: Scizor, Tyranitar, Terrakion, Rotom W, Venusaur, Gyarados
Challenger Result: Win 2-0
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7.5/10
Comments about the match: Well I tried my best. Poison isnt something easy to handle. Gg. I think your team now counter to Ice gym.

Gym is closed.
Just wanted to point out, you technically have a counter team to the ice gym. I say technically because if you use a Rotom that's a different form, then it isn't a counter, and with the way our League rules are, you are allowed to switch Rotom forms between matches.

Okay I'll change the form for that match. Np. Thanks for the heads up :)

rules are rules guys.. if he counted ice then both grass and poison badges don't count.. he need to start all over again in that triad? no?
hope we aint been desperate!! hmm

Cutty

Forever now
Ideally a team must not counter any gyms in a triad. And Rotom formes should be used for strategy purpose not to get away w/ our counter rule.

I have no problem you beating my gym Aoki. Just need to say something for future reference if the same case happens.
I dunno, maybe it should be voted among us Bio Hazard triad members? xD

your team countered poison, but I guess its too late for that now.

You mean Venusaur? Its neutral. Although most of his team counter my wild cards too lol. He won fair n square. I could've won if didnt make a mistake by letting his Terrakion EQ my Croak easily. Plus his team is too OU.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Ideally a team must not counter any gyms in a triad. And Rotom formes should be used for strategy purpose not to get away w/ our counter rule.

I have no problem you beating my gym Aoki. Just need to say something for future reference if the same case happens.

You mean Venusaur? Its neutral. Although most of his team counter my wild cards too lol. He won fair n square. I could've won if didnt make a mistake by letting his Terrakion EQ my Croak easily. Plus his team is too OU.

This is correct, that team is Glacial Biohazard safe, provided the challenger switches Rotom forms. Have in mind that you could use Rotom Mow and Fan as long as you use Rotom Wash against grass if you haven't done so already.

Please tell me you haven't PP Maxed those Hydro Pumps :(

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL

rock resists poison. so he has scizor, terrakion, tyranitar, and......ok nvm. freaking venusaur screwing with me.

A little delayed, but the normal gym is OPEN for the next hour or so.

Last edited:

Mazzriot

ManaKnight
Wouldn't let me paste IMG....
Challenger Application
Username/Nickname:MazzRiot/ ing: Kelli
Challenge motivation: need to become a better battler
Favourite Pokémon & favourite type: Legendary: Meloetta non legendary: sylveon

Wouldn't let me paste IMG....
Challenger Application
Username/Nickname:MazzRiot/ ing: Kelli
Challenge motivation: need to become a better battler
Favourite Pokémon & favourite type: Legendary: Meloetta non legendary: sylveon

Added! Welcome to the league and good luck!

Aoki

Want to battle??
Yeah.....i challenged this triad many times. Im pretty sure im not over the limit. I love cuttyy, but next time we face each other, it will be on terms where we have our regular teams.

@cutty my team is too ou? Last i checked theres no limit to what we can use in ou. I specialize in ou and even in my banner it says i only do ou battles. Its the most enjoyable tier to me. You shouldve expected that from me and anyone else, for future references, I use ou pokemon if its an ou match.

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Yeah.....i challenged this triad many times. Im pretty sure im not over the limit. I love cuttyy, but next time we face each other, it will be on terms where we have our regular teams.

@cutty my team is too ou? Last i checked theres no limit to what we can use in ou. I specialize in ou and even in my banner it says i only do ou battles. Its the most enjoyable tier to me. You shouldve expected that from me and anyone else, for future references, I use ou pokemon if its an ou match.

I don't think he meant it insultingly.

anywho~ I might be open later today, when it's not 3:40 am. I've got a lot of things to work out, but if I have the time then expect sparkles and rainbows ;3

cryuel

It's your perrOUgative, no worries. ;)
Some members (myself included) by virtue of having mono teams look into sometimes forgotten/overseen Pokemon, so of course facing a full OU team provides us with an extra challenge. That's not necessarily a bad thing or undesirable though, so you're absolutely fine in using one.

Mr.Y

O)_(O
Let's not enter in a OU argument here, we battle by (almost) standard OU rules, so saying his team is too OU makes no sense.

Marashu

I'm not saying this about our match, Aoki, because it was an absolutely fair fight and one of the most interesting and fun gym matches I've had in a while (that, and Wash is the easiest forme for my gym to deal with, since grass resists both STABS and is the only thing besides mold breaker ground to have a super effective STAB against it). I just wanted to say that I agree about how changing Rotom formes should be used strategically and not just to get around the rules, not for a rules reason, but because I feel it's really in the challenger's best interest to do so, as trainer growth goes.

Dark E3 is open (Marashu, I can do your test now too).

Sorry, had people in from out of town. They'll be leaving in a couple hours, so when that happens I should be around for a couple hours.

cryuel

Completely agree with Marashu's sentiment; I'm surprised we haven't seen more strategic Rotom form switched from challengers. :)

Ghost E3 will likely be open on Wednesday (GMT+1 time).

I'm not saying this about our match, Aoki, because it was an absolutely fair fight and one of the most interesting and fun gym matches I've had in a while (that, and Wash is the easiest forme for my gym to deal with, since grass resists both STABS and is the only thing besides mold breaker ground to have a super effective STAB against it). I just wanted to say that I agree about how changing Rotom formes should be used strategically and not just to get around the rules, not for a rules reason, but because I feel it's really in the challenger's best interest to do so, as trainer growth goes.

Sorry, had people in from out of town. They'll be leaving in a couple hours, so when that happens I should be around for a couple hours.

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Completely agree with Marashu's sentiment; I'm surprised we haven't seen more strategic Rotom form switched from challengers. :)

Ghost E3 will likely be open on Tuesday (GMT+1 time).

I tried switching once, it didn't go very well lol.

if that is TRULY what was planned from the start that ok (rotoms)
then again, i wouldn't bother getting into others triad business again!! sorry!
how you guys handle your triad is totally up to you!! :)

(if it aint stated from the start at mine, it all lost.. sorry) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.