• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
Sorry for the absence! I've been crazy busy and just plain forgot to check in and let you all know I'd be away for a bit. I should be back up and running by Saturday, though, after 5:30 PM CST (GMT-6)

And though I've only officially opened once if you go by posts, I am usually open if you see me online here or in the chat. Just hit me up with a challenge and I'll get back with you :)

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
its rare I get any challengers when I open though, and I have opened for several hours xD however I am atm working on rebuilding my grass team, so I wont be opening for a little bit :) my last team was ok, but was still able to be 6/0 by 4 diff people with ease, cant have that, I need to be at least some kind of challenge *sigh*

@Cryuel - I've opened on the past 3 Wednesdays from 4 to 5 hours during different times of the day, but no challengers. Challenger's can also just pm/VM to set up matches too right? :X Do I get a strike?

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
@Cryuel - I've opened on the past 3 Wednesdays from 4 to 5 hours during different times of the day, but no challengers. Challenger's can also just pm/VM to set up matches too right? :X Do I get a strike?

Try opening on a different day?
I'm sure people will be about on weekends if you can make it.

Dunkleosteus

Dark Knight
issue with me opening is I do have to work IRL xD and I work during the times where everyone gets on sadly :(

cryuel

its rare I get any challengers when I open though, and I have opened for several hours xD however I am atm working on rebuilding my grass team, so I wont be opening for a little bit :) my last team was ok, but was still able to be 6/0 by 4 diff people with ease, cant have that, I need to be at least some kind of challenge *sigh*

It's tricky.. of course there can be times when not many, or sometimes any, Challengers contact you despite being open. Nonetheless, as a League we don't want to seem inactive by having many Gyms that open/close without having Challengers.
Personally I decide to be lenient with/understanding of Leaders not being able to open in the first place due to real life situations (I understand this from my own experiences with work for example); however, if we have lots of postponed openings and empty openings, that does not come across well for Challengers or our own Leader Community. That being said, I think we should find ways to discourage inactivity and encourage activity. One way of discouraging would be a strike system while one way of encouraging would be to open at different times, or to announce an upcoming opening in advance, or to directly contact Leaders who happen to be online. When I opened my Ghost E3 prior to our reset, I rarely to never had openings with no Challengers (and my time zone is not in line with most other time zones here).
Those are my thoughts in any case; by all means feel free to reflect on this and continue the conversation. I'm just trying to think of ways we can collectively open in a way that is sustainable for our League, because activity has been great for the most part.

E6zacU8.png

Challenger Application
Username/Nickname: scizor64/sciz
Favourite type: Grass
Triad you’ll find most challenging: Gorgimera

Welcome! :) You've been added to our Challengers list and are welcome to challenge any and all of our Triad members.
If you'd like one, we have Challenger exclusive userbars in our OP (post #3 on page 1) for your signature. Have fun earning your first Badges~

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!

Wednesdays just happen to be the best day for me. I've been opening from noon to afternoon or night once a week. I work weekends too and my shifts vary. When I open I want to be able to commit to it by opening for several hours without being pulled away by irl stuff so I don't have blank openings when challengers do send me challenge request.

I may be able to open some days for an hour or so other days but I may not see request or have to close quickly. Is it possible to have a PM/VM system to set up matches? Like make my gym via request other days?

I'm not avoiding challengers so I don't feel like you should get penalized for something you can't control unless I go and ask people to challenge my gym (which is backwards).

I get it if you get request, don't answer challenges, and open once every three weeks or so, but I think if you open regularly on a set day, don't get challenges, or vm/pm request other days to set something up, what can you do about it?

When I was badge hunting and I couldn't catch people on open days I'd PM/VM the leader if I was ready to challenge their gym. Some leaders I wouldn't even challenge when open because I wasn't ready or I was focusing on a different triad.

Last edited:

Dunkleosteus

Dark Knight
It's tricky.. of course there can be times when not many, or sometimes any, Challengers contact you despite being open. Nonetheless, as a League we don't want to seem inactive by having many Gyms that open/close without having Challengers.
Personally I decide to be lenient with/understanding of Leaders not being able to open in the first place due to real life situations (I understand this from my own experiences with work for example); however, if we have lots of postponed openings and empty openings, that does not come across well for Challengers or our own Leader Community. That being said, I think we should find ways to discourage inactivity and encourage activity. One way of discouraging would be a strike system while one way of encouraging would be to open at different times, or to announce an upcoming opening in advance, or to directly contact Leaders who happen to be online. When I opened my Ghost E3 prior to our reset, I rarely to never had openings with no Challengers (and my time zone is not in line with most other time zones here).
Those are my thoughts in any case; by all means feel free to reflect on this and continue the conversation. I'm just trying to think of ways we can collectively open in a way that is sustainable for our League, because activity has been great for the most part.

Welcome! :) You've been added to our Challengers list and are welcome to challenge any and all of our Triad members.
If you'd like one, we have Challenger exclusive userbars in our OP (post #3 on page 1) for your signature. Have fun earning your first Badges~
the thing with the strike for having no challengers is after a while, there will get to a point where everone has every badge and doesn't challenge, and when that happens everyone will have an easy 3 strikes for having no challengers, idk xD btw just need to get 1 more pokemon bred and I am rdy to open, hopfully this time my gym isn't easy to sweep -_-

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Facilities Open, PM/VM for battle. I'm also in the chat.

Ghost Gym Challengers
Challenger's Name: katelia
Leader Type & Owner: Ghost / DJSummers
Team used against Triad/Facility: Runic Triad / Escavalier, Musharna, Ampharos, Porygon2, Chandelure, Lilligant
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 2
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: That was a tough match, I got caught up in I don't know what.

Challenger's Name: Dunkleosteus
Leader Type & Owner: Ghost / DJSummers
Team used against Triad/Facility: Runic Triad / Empoleon, Cradily, Tyranitar, Vaporeon, Chandelure, Thundurus
Challenger Result: Win 3 - 0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: The praralysis and crits, they prevented a lot. But it was a GG in the end. Didn't know it was a counter to the Normal during our match, therefore I'll allow the team to challenge me.

Normal Gym Challengers
Challenger's Name: Dunkleosteus
Leader Type & Owner: Normal / DJSummers
Team used against Triad/Facility: Runic Triad / Chandelure, Thundurus, Tyranitar, Cradily, Vaporeon, Empoleon
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 5
Rate opponent's performance: 5/10
Comments about the match: Good game. You wanted to lose anyways, but at least you fought back.

Edit: CLOSED

Last edited:

Dunkleosteus

Dark Knight
Leader Type: djsummers/ghost
Challenger: dunkleosteus
Team used against Leader: tyranitar, cradily, empoleon, chandelure, thundurus, vaporeon
Challenger Result: win 3/0
Rate your performance: 2/10
Rate opponent's performance: 5/10
Comments about the match: summers didn't catch it and I didn't realize it till I sent out ttar and realized it countered normal and thought thundurus was just electric, but summers is giving me the win gg

Leader Type: djsummers/normal
Challenger: dunkleosteus
Team used against Leader: tyranitar, cradily, empoleon, chandelure, thundurus, vaporeon
Challenger Result: lose 5/0
Rate your performance: 4/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7/10
Comments about the match: as normal could only take down 1 mon xD gg

Last edited:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I mostly open for a few hours here and there and its rare. I know for sure its hard for me sometimes since I have work and all plus our new puppy. I might have 3 leaders instead train cutty to open my gym more often since I am busy with things which cryuel I understand fully on being active just since we got this new puppy its been extra difficult to open my gym plus getting some other things done with my league,art shop and etc. I could try again to open up for at least one gym battle tonight if nothing goes wrong once again which btw alot of leagues are having horrible time with challengers.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Steel gym is going to be closed for about a week. Breeding for a new team as well as testing that team and friend will be borrowing some of my mon for a tournament he's entering (supposedly lasts 4 days). Next week will also be a busy week for me, so if I am not ready to open by Friday, I will update everyone. This team I'm planning is just a little crazy, so I need to make sure that team works the way I expect it to.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
It's my birthday and I'll dance if I want to~

ok so I won't be dancing, and I also won't be able to open today either, but um, yea~
Hope you all have a good day though ^w^''
please don't hurt me

cryuel

It's my birthday and I'll dance if I want to~

ok so I won't be dancing, and I also won't be able to open today either, but um, yea~
Hope you all have a good day though ^w^''
please don't hurt me

Happy Birthday!! :3
HappyBirthdayrainbowpokemon.gif

By the way, we have two Tournament announcements:

1) Pokegyms and the Trinity League will be hosting a Tournament very soon with a prehistoric theme, titled Pokemon World. Do sign up and remember to breed and EV train in time. I'm sure many members will be able to help each other out to save time on breeding given the theme.

2) TEF is already hosting the Asterisk Battle Tournament. As many of you are also TEF members, it would be great to show support to TEF and participate in what looks to be a fun and creative theme~

Active Post.. only 13days to go.

Remember, don't holla at me. LOL

I think its about time the 3leagues start acting as 1 when it comes to tournaments..
All run by women anyway and you guys do it the bests!
Combine the power!!

"sugar spice and everything nice"

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Active Post.. only 13days to go.

Remember, don't holla at me. LOL

I think its about time the 3leagues start acting as 1 when it comes to tournaments..
All run by women anyway and you guys do it the bests!
Combine the power!!

"sugar spice and everything nice"

lol I love this post art you are silly but it is true :p anyway I am storing eggs in my boxes atm trying to get shiny once I fill these last 4 boxes which should be done by monday or tuesday I will really try to open once again which is hard tbh because the puppy is pretty playful more then our last one we had so it takes alot of time out of me. I also wanted to say as well as cutty if you read this train with 3 other leaders to start your apprenticeship. I will message you to just in case if you didn't see this message.

Cutty

Forever now
My kitten swallowed my game cartridge (bad pussy!)
But no worries. Its a matter of getting it out. I will open again hopefully sometime next week. Along w/ Fairy gym.
Just leave me a VM/PM to set up a battle.

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
Been distracted more than usual with events coming up here and there (For a small list, there was a 70 year anniversary for my grandparents, my grandmother turned 88, my brother brought his kids down from NC/Colorado and is staying with my parents for 3 weeks so I took a bit of time to visit, and friends came over at least 3 days due to crap happening in their lives)
But for now my gyms are open and I'm chilling in the chat.
Sorry for the short opening and closing, but I'm not feeling too well right now. Might open up again later after some rest.

Leader Type & Owner: Rock/theshoveler
Team used against Triad/Facility: Escavalier, Musharna, Ampharos, Porygon2, Chandelure, Lilligant
Challenger Result: Win 1 - 0
Rate opponent's performance: 7/10
Comments about the match: Yeah, I wasn't expecting a good score. Just wanted to battle you again since I've always found you to be a fun person to go against. Rock slide misses lost me this game after a wonderful Fire Blast prediction. It was pretty straightforward, but missing and letting a certain mon set up killed me from a 3-1 lead. GG, not much either of us could've done better. Maybe not using toxic would've helped me, but I forgot it got that ability.

Last edited:

katelia

Graceful Elegance
Leader Type & Owner: Rock/theshoveler
Team used against Triad/Facility: Escavalier, Musharna, Ampharos, Porygon2, Chandelure, Lilligant
Challenger Result: Win 1 - 0
Rate opponent's appeal: 5/10
Comments about the match: Well that was quite tense... Sorry to judge you this negatively, but yeah... as you said it yourself your team is very masculine. I like washing machines and grassy fossils a little though.

Status
Not open for further replies.