• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty

Forever now
well yea I cant use the same team every challenge to my gym that would just lead to the challenger pseudo counter-teaming me so I just pick what I feel like using at the time :D, and I did not mean to offend you your team is both interesting and cool just not so Equipped for Fire and the range of types they like to carry in their Moveset EG Rock, Ground, Fighting, etc

Of course no problem. I often do that too ;)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
well yea I cant use the same team every challenge to my gym that would just lead to the challenger pseudo counter-teaming me so I just pick what I feel like using at the time :D, and I did not mean to offend you your team is both interesting and cool just not so Equipped for Fire and the range of types they like to carry in their Moveset EG Rock, Ground, Fighting, etc

I feel you I like to switch up my team alot as well which I don't use the same mega half the time as well as I switch my team around alot so its less for the challenger to counter my team members.

also just giving a heads up here I am still alive I hope to open up this week soon hopefully which I heard that cutty started his apprenticeship? I got a message from dj about he got the fairy badge if I read my message right?

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Flying gym is closed, be back in a bit.

Challenger: Dunkleosteus
Leader: DT/ Flying
Team used against Triad/Facility: Vaporeon, Thundurus, Espeon, Mienshao, Entei, Tyranitar
Challenger Result: Loss 2-0
Rate your Performace: 8/10
Rate Opponent's Performace: 8/10
Comments: Did better this time, though ultimately I was able to maneuver around the threats without sacrificing pokemon. GG.

Challenger: DT
Leader: Dunkelosteus
Team used against Triad/Facility: Leafeon, Charizard, Absol, Staraptor, Mienshao, Keldeo
Challenger Result: Loss 3-0
Rate your Performace: 4/10
Rate Opponent's Performace: 8/10
Comments: Shoddy performance on my part, shows how out out of practice I am when building challenge teams. Oh well, still fun.

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Challenger's Name: Dunkleosteus
Leader Type & Owner: Normal / DJSummers
Team used against Triad/Facility: Runic Triad / Empoleon, Tyranitar, Thundurus, Cradily, Entei, Vaporeon
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 6
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 6/10
Comments about the match: Good game, you did too much swapping to save Tyranitar and it cost you 2 Pokemon. I am sure you would do better if you actually did have Wish Vaporeon rather than the set it has now.

Dunkleosteus

Dark Knight
Team used against Triad/Facility: Runic Triad / Empoleon, Tyranitar, Thundurus, Cradily, Entei, Vaporeon
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 6
Rate opponent's performance: 0/10
Comments about the match: even if I sacked off Ttar it wouldn't have mattered in your gym, wit hthe bulky stall it still would have been the same outcome, as for wish vaporeon, I dought it would have been much help either, maybe a 1% chance of taking 1 pokemon in your gym idk, as for Ttar, It was my only mon that could handle your mega, which it still wasn't good enough

Leader Type & Owner: flying/ dragontamer
Team used against Triad/Facility: Runic Triad / thundurus, entei, tyranitar, vaporeon, mienshao, espeon
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 2
Rate opponent's performance: 2/10
Comments about the match: still not good enough :( still a lot better than summers gym, but still need increase my competitive battleing skills by a ton to win my 4th badge gg

Challenger's Name: Dragontamer
Leader Type & Owner: flying/ dragontamer
Team used against Triad/Facility: elemental/ charizard, staraptor, keldeo, mienshao, leafeon, absol
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 3
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponent's performance: 6/10
Comments about the match: made some predictions, might keep the spare though, it did put in work even if it wasn't able to do anything to zard Y gg

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Steel gym will be open for the majority of the day. Just pm/vm me and I'll get to you as soon as I can.

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
Challenger's Name: TheShoveler1887
Leader Type & Owner: Steel/LynxForte
Team used against Triad/Facility: metagross, frosslass, galvantula, mandibuzz, sceptile, heatran
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: I made overprediction after overprediction and let my pokemon take unnecessary damage. I could've played so much better that it hurts. Guess I'll have to play better next time :p GG man.

Challenger's Name: dunkleosteus
Leader Type & Owner: Ground/TheShoveler1887
Team used against Triad/Facility: Bronzong, Venusaur, Infernape, Chandelure, Zangoose, Salamence
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 4
Rate your performance: 9/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7/10
Comments about the match: You say things can't take hits but they are bulkier than you think. Knowing my play style, hopefully you realize how often I don't actually attack the pokemon in front of me unless everthing takes a considerable amount from my best attack. I was legit scared by the instant death of my Landorus, but outside of that you made way too many sacs unnecessarily which ended with your loss.

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Team used against Triad/Facility: metagross, frosslass, galvantula, mandibuzz, sceptile, heatran
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 2
Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
Comments about the match: Really good battle. Was not expecting certain items and movesets until after seeing the mon. It really did come down to a overprediction.

Challenger's Name: dunkeosteus
Team used against Triad/Facility: Espeon, Entei, Mienshao, Mandibuzz, Excadrill, Girafarig
Comments about the match: Weird/Interesting team. Girafarig was really weird because 1. I couldn't remember if it had a secondary type (it does) and 2. Never seen it because I don't play NU/PU, so I had no idea what it does. I was able to handle it pretty easily though. I've already told you this, but you can build a good team, you just focus a little too much on beating the leaders instead of making sure your team is balanced. Don't be afraid to ask for help when building teams, I don't think anyone would tell you no, unless its going to be used against them.

Gym closed for a couple hours. Been babysitting my niece and nephew and I need a nap

Dunkleosteus

Dark Knight
Team used against Triad/Facility: excadrill, girafrige, mandibuzz, eintei, mienshao, espeon
Rate your performance: 4/10
Comments about the match: I need to get better at building teams and breed 100 more mons to be more diverse, I have so many counters to 4/6 triads -_- gg

Leader Type & Owner: ground shoveler
Team used against Triad/Facility: venusaur, bronzong, infernape, chandelure, salamence, zangoose
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 4
Rate your performance: 2/10
Rate opponent's performance: 10/10
Comments about the match: only mon that did anything decent was salamence..................................... gg

Leader Type & Owner: dark/ marashu
Team used against Triad/Facility: espeon, hippowdon, tyranitar, mienshao, tyrantrum, aerodaCTYL
Challenger Result: Loss 0 - 5
Rate your performance: 0/10
Rate opponent's performance: 10/10
Comments about the match: team wasn't built for a certain mon on your team, next time I will be ready xD

Last edited:

Khybon

Rub My Belly?
It is with a heavy heart that i am regretfully resigning my posistion here at the trinity league, I have just lost intereest in the game and i canta ccomidate time like i once was able too. Thank you for this wonderful oppurtunity and ill still hopefully be around to challenge leaders.

Marashu

It is with a heavy heart that i am regretfully resigning my posistion here at the trinity league, I have just lost intereest in the game and i canta ccomidate time like i once was able too. Thank you for this wonderful oppurtunity and ill still hopefully be around to challenge leaders.
You'll be missed Khybon! Hope to still see you around.

open for the next hour. Going to try to open a couple more times during the week for a short amount of time, and should be open for sure on Sunday for a longer amount of time.

Edit: Closed - and a reminder that I will need a dark apprentice soon or the Dark Gym will not be open for the month of August (scizor64 did one of the two test matches, but never posted an application, so I'm still open for candidates)

Leader Type: Dark
Challenger: dunkleosteus
Team used against Leader: Hippowdon, Tyranitar, Mienshao, Aerodactyl, Tyrantrum, Espeon
Challenger Result: Loss 0-5
Rate opponent's performance: 5/10
Comments about the match: Honestly, you didn't do too poorly at first - you even made a couple good predictions. I'm giving you a lower rating because you decided to give up mid-match, which made it an easy win for me.

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Raffle coming tomorrow. Too tired to do tedious point counting...

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
Gym might open tomorrow, depends on my schedule. I'll be on the chat for the next little bit, though.
Also, Pokemon World Tournament is lookin kinda empty. If this is the monthly tournament to determine E3, then my triad is currently set to win as I think we're the only triad to have two participants :p

cryuel

Hi everyone!

As many of you have noticed, I haven't been around lately. I've been on vacation for the past couple of weeks and I will be again until late August with limited availability to tend the League.
Having mentioned this, operations are running smoothly so far and I would entrust Thread Overseers and other League Leaders to continue running the League together.

If there are things to be updated in the OP (weekly raffle, openings, closed applications), please just send me a PM to remind me and I will be glad to do so when I find a moment.

Do remember that the Pokémon World Tournament is about to start (July 24th) and, like with our previous tournament, it will determine which Triad will be the upcoming E3 Triad and, of course, be lots of fun as it is.

All this aside, I have a few requests:
  • For those of you working on the Trade Shop project, please remember to make a grand announcement in our League and let me know when things are ready to be updated for the OP.
  • @Thread Overseers, please collaboratively ensure to update the spreadsheet, both for challenger battles and the upcoming tournament battles.
  • It would be great to have few, or even no, open positions. Please scout for potential candidates who could apply for these positions and would enrich our League.
  • @DJSummers: As my apprentice I will grant you a unique apprenticeship extension due to my absence. If other capable Leaders/Challengers are interested in taking over apprenticeship, they are welcome to contact me and have DJ train them.

An exciting announcement also: MasterGohan has been working on very compact Badge cases which fit with the "Trinity theme" of our League and anyone can carry these in their signature if they wish to. We will be having a grand revealing very soon! :)

Thank you very much everyone~

Last edited:

Burnerv2

Believe in Yourself!
Fighting Gym is open for the day o/ PM to challenge

Update 1: -----------------------
Update 2: Back for challenges!

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Hi everyone!

As many of you have noticed, I haven't been around lately. I've been on vacation for the past couple of weeks and I will be again until late August with limited availability to tend the League.
Having mentioned this, operations are running smoothly so far and I would entrust Thread Overseers and other League Leaders to continue running the League together.

If there are things to be updated in the OP (weekly raffle, openings, closed applications), please just send me a PM to remind me and I will be glad to do so when I find a moment.

Do remember that the Pokémon World Tournament is about to start (July 24th) and, like with our previous tournament, it will determine which Triad will be the upcoming E3 Triad and, of course, be lots of fun as it is.

All this aside, I have a few requests:
  • For those of you working on the Trade Shop project, please remember to make a grand announcement in our League and let me know when things are ready to be updated for the OP.
  • @Thread Overseers, please collaboratively ensure to update the spreadsheet, both for challenger battles and the upcoming tournament battles.
  • It would be great to have few, or even no, open positions. Please scout for potential candidates who could apply for these positions and would enrich our League.
  • @DJSummers: As my apprentice I will grant you a unique apprenticeship extension due to my absence. If other capable Leaders/Challengers are interested in taking over apprenticeship, they are welcome to contact me and have DJ train them.

An exciting announcement also: MasterGohan has been working on very compact Badge cases which fit with the "Trinity theme" of our League and anyone can carry these in their signature if they wish to. We will be having a grand revealing very soon! :)

Thank you very much everyone~
Thanks for the updates.
-The Trade Shop may end up being a Breed Shop, the only trades will be Events and Legendaries, and of course they may be cloned.

-So far the Spreadsheet should be alright with updates, like I always say, if you're missing any badges PM/VM or post here to let me know so I can go back and see what I've missed. They might edit a post after I've left that page.

-Alright for accepting members, we'll let you know when to update the first post.

-I'd gladly apprentice more, just may need to redesign a team.

EDIT:
Challenger's Name: katelia
Leader Type & Owner: Ghost / DJSummers
Team used against Triad/Facility: Runic Triad / Lilligant, Porygon2, Musharna, Chandelure, Escavalier, Ampharos
Challenger Result: Loss 4 - 6
Comments about the match: Your strategy didn't play out too well since I knew what to expect from our last battles. Good game.

Team used against Triad/Facility: Runic Triad / Landorus, Scizor, Keldeo, Weavile, Aromatisse, Alakazam
Challenger Result: Win 2 - 0
Comments about the match: Very unfortunate, my plan didn't go the way planned, but it was still a fun and close battle even with mistakes made. Congrats on earning a Hope Badge, use the knowledge you learned from our battle and beat the rest.

Last edited:

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
Team used against Triad/Facility: Runic Triad / Landorus, Scizor, Keldeo, Weavile, Aromatisse, Alakazam
Challenger Result: Win 2 - 0
Comments about the match: One of those last turns was hilarious XD A bit of wrong evs and some luck on my side gave me the win there. Keldeo just kinda did too much work and from there Landorus cleaned up. GG

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
Dragon gym, Fire gym, and battle maze have closed!

Challenger's Name: Lord Fighting
Leader Type & Owner: inverse/ twinyoshi45
Team used against Triad/Facility: Runic Triad / hoopa-unbound, salamence, celebi, avalugg, diancie, talonflame
Challenger Result: win 1-0
Comments about the match: it was a close game unfortunately my salamence hit itself twice in a row which allowed Hoopa to set up and sweep, GG! enjoy the Maze symbol!

Leader Type: Dark
Challenger: twinyoshi45
Team used against Leader: Emboar, Registeel, Talonflame, Beheeyem, Gallade, Yanmega
Challenger Result: Win 3-0
Comments about the match: my team was in top condition in this match! Beheeyem really came through for me with not only KO'ing one of his threats but managing to not only weaken another of his threats and get the 10% confusion thus forcing it out along with the buffs it had planned on setting up, GG!

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Challenger's Name: Lord Fighting
Leader Type & Owner: inverse/ twin yoshi
Team used against Triad/Facility: Runic Triad / hoopa-unbound, salamence, celebi, avalugg, diancie, talonflame
Challenger Result: win 1-0
Rate your performance: 7.5/10
Rate opponent's performance: 7.5/10
Comments about the match: wow this was close! xD I won purely from his mon getting hit by confusion twice in a row. Otherwise I would have lost. Had little idea what I was doing but it was fun! :) This is a hard mode to pick up lol. We both played well.

Weekly Raffle Corner:
v8eOndf.png
League Weekly Raffle Banner by Lunar Subterrane Graphics' FairyWitch

1.) Shiny flawless Adamant Tyrogue with hi jump kick and counter
Congratulations Dew!
Contact Fairywitch to claim your prize.

2.) Shiny 5IV Virizion
Congratulations DJ!
Contact Cryuel to claim your prize.

3.) 5IV Timid Frisk Noibat in a Dusk ball
Congratulations Marashu!
Contact TwinYoshi to claim your prize.

Winners will be announced the Monday after prizes are announced,
so earn Badges & Symbols throughout the week & weekend!
Prizes should be claimed sooner rather than later and
will go back into the pot if not claimed until the next Raffle Winner announcement unless otherwise arranged.

Notice: Until Cryuel returns I'm dealing with gathering prizes for the raffle so if anyone has anything they'd like to donate please contact me. Anything and everything welcome! There will be no raffle until prizes have been donated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.