• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylpheon

❀Sylveon❀
Leader Type: Ghost
Challenger: phantomclaw
Team used against Leader: Azumarill, Charizard, Electivire, Heatran, Gengar, Scizor
Challenger Result: Win 3-0
Rate your performance: 6/10
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: Definitely not my best, but I'm not that experienced with ghost types yet so I think I did decent. Good job with your Charizard though ^^.

phantomclaw

Leader Type: Ghost
Challenger: phantomclaw
Team used against Leader: Azumarill, Charizard, Electivire, Heatran, Gengar, Scizor
Challenger Result: Win 3-0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comments about the match: It was a great battle and cant wait for the next one

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Trinity Update Changes to Come!!

• 1) Firstly, I will soon have new Gym Leaders Applicants battle me to make sure they have a team ready for opening. I know when you apply there's a question asking if you have 4 Pokemon that represent your type, and of course people may have 4, but are they battle ready, we will soon see.
    (Note: New Leader Applicants will have 3 days to perform their test battle before I re-open Applications for that Gym.)
  • 2) When Pokemon Sun/Moon comes out, I'll give all Leaders/Challengers until January 1st to obtain a copy of the game, as it'll be crucial for those Leaders/Challengers who use said new Pokemon on their team, as well as Challengers who have a New Pokemon Registered and must battle with it.
    (Note: Although I'd recommend that you keep an XY/ORAS Team prepared for just in case.)
  • 3) League Resetting, Most Challengers may earn lots of badges, from previous leaders, and when a New Leader takes over, they don't get Challengers. This is why the League will be Reset on January 1st as well. Along with the Reset will commence a few new rules, which I'll allow you guys to vote and discuss about them below.
  • 4) Badge Obtaining: Currently challengers beat a Leader to earn a badge. For Leaders to earn their own badge, you will be required to defend your Gym Successfully 3 times. Same goes for Apprentices who haven't earned the badge.
  • 5) Communication. We have a Chatroom, but most people would rather get VM/PM's instead. I could make a Skype Group for everyone to Join, if that's wanted, otherwise, we'll keep that Chat that was made for us, and use that.
  • 6) Counter-Teaming: If Counter-Teaming is removed, challengers will have to beat all 3 Leaders with just the 1 Team, any Pokemon changes made will result in re-battling any leader previously beaten.
    (As of now Counter-Teaming is allowed, and the rule for it is currently in the OP. You can read up on it there if you'd like.)
  • 7) Overthrowing A Leader: After a Challenger/Leader earns 8 Badges, should they be allowed to challenge a Gym Leader for their Gym in a best of 3 battle, where the winner takes over that said Gym. If the Challenger was a Leader at another Gym, that Gym will then become opened to Applicants.
    (Note: Both Players must be using their Gym Teams during the battle.)

#'s 5, 6, and 7 are open for discussion, if you have anything that should be potentially added for discussion, feel free to VM/PM me and I'll see if I should add it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, and I'll answer them the best way I could.

Last edited:
Psychic Gym Open Pm me when ready! (1Hour)

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL

• 1) Firstly, I will soon have new Gym Leaders Applicants battle me to make sure they have a team ready for opening. I know when you apply there's a question asking if you have 4 Pokemon that represent your type, and of course people may have 4, but are they battle ready, we will soon see.
    (Note: New Leader Applicants will have 3 days to perform their test battle before I re-open Applications for that Gym.)
  • 2) When Pokemon Sun/Moon comes out, I'll give all Leaders/Challengers until January 1st to obtain a copy of the game, as it'll be crucial for those Leaders/Challengers who use said new Pokemon on their team, as well as Challengers who have a New Pokemon Registered and must battle with it.
    (Note: Although I'd recommend that you keep an XY/ORAS Team prepared for just in case.)
  • 3) League Resetting, Most Challengers may earn lots of badges, from previous leaders, and when a New Leader takes over, they don't get Challengers. This is why the League will be Reset on January 1st as well. Along with the Reset will commence a few new rules, which I'll allow you guys to vote and discuss about them below.
  • 4) Badge Obtaining: Currently challengers beat a Leader to earn a badge. For Leaders to earn their own badge, you will be required to defend your Gym Successfully 3 times. Same goes for Apprentices who haven't earned the badge.
  • 5) Communication. We have a Chatroom, but most people would rather get VM/PM's instead. I could make a Skype Group for everyone to Join, if that's wanted, otherwise, we'll keep that Chat that was made for us, and use that.
  • 6) Counter-Teaming: If Counter-Teaming is removed, challengers will have to beat all 3 Leaders with just the 1 Team, any Pokemon changes made will result in re-battling any leader previously beaten.
    (As of now Counter-Teaming is allowed, and the rule for it is currently in the OP. You can read up on it there if you'd like.)
  • 7) Overthrowing A Leader: After a Challenger/Leader earns 8 Badges, should they be allowed to challenge a Gym Leader for their Gym in a best of 3 battle, where the winner takes over that said Gym. If the Challenger was a Leader at another Gym, that Gym will then become opened to Applicants.

#'s 5, 6, and 7 are open for discussion, if you have anything that should be potentially added for discussion, feel free to VM/PM me and I'll see if I should add it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them, and I'll answer them the best way I could.

Great job with all of this!

#5 is really great, and a skype could work out really well! that or a discord. Doesn't matter to me which at all but the chat that we use/used to use 50% of the time won't work for me (it won't load/crashes) so I love the idea of using skype.

#6 if counter teaming is removed, which I'm assuming the rules for challengers can only have up to 4 'counters' then just limiting them to beating a gym with that one team won't work in my opinion. People will bring in 3 steel/3 poison, 6 steel types, etc etc against the fairy gym for example and the gym leader would be stuck with 4 of one type and 2 not. If we remove counter-teaming, then I feel that gym leaders should have more flexbibility. like only required 2-3 of their type.

Or did you mean remove counter teaming, as in challengers can't really counter-team at all. Like they'll only be allowed to bring X amount of 'counters', like less than they're allowed now??

#7 I'm on the fence about. Once sun&moon come out the leagues will see an influx of challengers, and I'm worried about gym leaders being overthrown/changing too often. Whereas once it slows down again (though I feel sun & moon will keep competitive alive for much longer, maybe even longer than xy did) and then people could overthrow a leader and then become inactive. The 2nd bit is silly ik, especially since leader activity is monitored and all, but I thought I'd still mention it.

Update for the poison gym: My mother fell and severely sprained her right arm & leg so I've been unable to even look at my 3ds the past few days. Today I'm finally getting a chance so I'll be getting as much done as possible. I'm sorry for the delay :(

Silence27trey

My team consists of

Mega Venusaur
Flygon
Steelix
Talonflame
Aurorus
Gengar

Gengar doesn't seem to be working out with my playstyle

Does anyone consider this to be a counter team?

I think the idea he is going for is to inspire more creativity in gym leaders. Shouldn't gym leaders be...leaders anyway? And to inspire more flexibility in CHALLENGERS giving them more options. So, while it may seem counter intuitive to gym leaders, it makes countering a TRIAD next to impossible. Say I bring Steelix, Empoleon, Skarmory, and Scizor to a Fairy gym. Say that is my team with two others...Dugtrio and Flaffy. Lol. Is it up to the challenger to change his entire team to give the LEADER a handicap? Or should it only inspire passion and creativity in leader to beat all types and work with what they ha be? Brain strength training is what that is. Especially considering that same team, minus one, if they want to switch out, cant counter the other two. Say the other two counter the steel types with their other two open slots? They may or may not luck out but it creates a more immersive, thought provoking experience for both leaders and challengers.

THESE ARE MY OPINIONS :)

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Great job with all of this!

#5 is really great, and a skype could work out really well! that or a discord. Doesn't matter to me which at all but the chat that we use/used to use 50% of the time won't work for me (it won't load/crashes) so I love the idea of using skype.

#6 if counter teaming is removed, which I'm assuming the rules for challengers can only have up to 4 'counters' then just limiting them to beating a gym with that one team won't work in my opinion. People will bring in 3 steel/3 poison, 6 steel types, etc etc against the fairy gym for example and the gym leader would be stuck with 4 of one type and 2 not. If we remove counter-teaming, then I feel that gym leaders should have more flexbibility. like only required 2-3 of their type.

Or did you mean remove counter teaming, as in challengers can't really counter-team at all. Like they'll only be allowed to bring X amount of 'counters', like less than they're allowed now??

#7 I'm on the fence about. Once sun&moon come out the leagues will see an influx of challengers, and I'm worried about gym leaders being overthrown/changing too often. Whereas once it slows down again (though I feel sun & moon will keep competitive alive for much longer, maybe even longer than xy did) and then people could overthrow a leader and then become inactive. The 2nd bit is silly ik, especially since leader activity is monitored and all, but I thought I'd still mention it.

Update for the poison gym: My mother fell and severely sprained her right arm & leg so I've been unable to even look at my 3ds the past few days. Today I'm finally getting a chance so I'll be getting as much done as possible. I'm sorry for the delay :(

6) It could possibly be 3/3, just if CT is removed Challengers would have to beat all 3 Gyms with the Same Team. So if they wish to use 6 Poison-types to the Fairy Gym, then they better be ready to use the same six against Psychic & Dark after.

7) Not saying it would increase, but giving the opportunity for Leader's to be Challenged for Position would keep the Leader on trying to improve so that they can't be beaten.

My team consists of

Mega Venusaur
Flygon
Steelix
Talonflame
Aurorus
Gengar

Gengar doesn't seem to be working out with my playstyle

Does anyone consider this to be a counter team?

That would depend on the Triad you are trying to face, there's a link in the OP that takes you to the Spreadsheet's CT Page.

Also an Update to the Leader Challenge Rule: When the battle takes place, it will be 1 Battle with the Leader Defending, 1 Battle with the Challenger Defending, then the Final Battle will be both using Gym Teams.

After defending your Gym or Winning it, you'd be free for a Month before someone else can challenge you for your Gym.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
6) It could possibly be 3/3, just if CT is removed Challengers would have to beat all 3 Gyms with the Same Team. So if they wish to use 6 Poison-types to the Fairy Gym, then they better be ready to use the same six against Psychic & Dark after.

7) Not saying it would increase, but giving the opportunity for Leader's to be Challenged for Position would keep the Leader on trying to improve so that they can't be beaten.

That would depend on the Triad you are trying to face, there's a link in the OP that takes you to the Spreadsheet's CT Page.

Also an Update to the Leader Challenge Rule: When the battle takes place, it will be 1 Battle with the Leader Defending, 1 Battle with the Challenger Defending, then the Final Battle will be both using Gym Teams.

After defending your Gym or Winning it, you'd be free for a Month before someone else can challenge you for your Gym.

ah yea I was thinking individually not triad-ily
so yea that could work out, and being free for a month and all would work out fine! I understood/know you're wanting it all to be more active, fun, leaders keep working for their position. Really glad you've got control now Dj, I'm excited to see all these good changes, especially once activity picks up again ^w^

Silence27trey

I personally think challengers should be able to switch one and only one out as well as leaders if they are rechallenged and as long as it's within the four limit rulebut this is a Triad gym. Meaning it has it's own rules separate from that of other more conventional gyms. At the end of the day even though I'm new to all of this and don't warrant much respect as I have lost both battles to dragontamer I respect Summers choices for the record. It's obvious he has the gyms best interest in mind not only his own.

Typos from auto correct...

Last edited:

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3

Sounds fair enough to me, I would be really interesting how the new rules will play our, and i am ready to defend my gym, if anyone else ends up taking it, i have no issue at all.

Also, a Skype group would probably be more consistent as well

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
I'll get a Skype Group set up for use.

Also, Normal Gym is Open!

Silence27trey

Yeah wait til my venusaur knows giga drain

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I'll be taking Battle temple requests for the next few hours. (ubers)
PS/Wifi I don't mind

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
activity post I am still alive sorry about not opening the fairy gym >.< I will try to open it up this week I should still have two teams together still for battle ^_^

also that will be interesting ideas dj ^_^ also I will not let anyone take my gym over mwahhhaha so bring it on!! XD also the sun and moon copy is no issue because I got my copy of moon on pre-order XD oh also skype is no problem for me since I have a account there which I have a chat for my guild members in my guild ;)

Last edited:

Silence27trey

Ready for battle!

•7) Overthrowing A Leader: After a Challenger/Leader earns 8 Badges, should they be allowed to challenge a Gym Leader for their Gym in a best of 3 battle, where the winner takes over that said Gym. If the Challenger was a Leader at another Gym, that Gym will then become opened to Applicants.

I might as well give my own thoughts about this. I remember this being a rule in other leagues before, though from what I can remember I was only challenged once when someone wanted to take my spot. So it's not exactly a common thing for people to lose gyms every other day

cryuel

Congrats on the switch Dj, I know Cryuel would be very pleased :3

I am, indeed, very, very proud. :) Great job DJ, and thanks to all of the League's core members who remained active and/or popped back into activity. It's so refreshing to see all the momentum and energy.

I don't want to make this too long, but I do owe the League a sincere apology as its creator and the original League Overseer. After over a year and a half of dedication, bringing my idea of a League to fruition and establishing collaboration with other members, Leagues and Artists, I became inactive and ended up disappearing from the forum. Long story short, life happened, and things got too busy for me with work in the end. It became too difficult at some point to face my absence, so this became indefinite. Having mentioned this, I am sincerely grateful for DJ and the other core members who stuck together and wanted to continue the League. It's refreshing, and I'm excited to see where it goes! :)

Very exciting changes! My two cents on #7: Normally, I'm not a big fan of Gym take-overs for various reasons, but I like the way t's set up and I think this could work with an Activity Clause reminding the Champion considering a Gym take-over of general Gym responsibilities. Then again, most dedicated Leaders will likely have 8 or more Badges by then; what would happen if they simply re-challenge their Gym?

On the note of Chat/Skype: Discord might be an ideal solution. Not sure who knows of discord, but it's used by a lot of gamers, has a nice interface, chat function, voice function (no video though), and it doesn't require a log-in which is ideal for temporary visitors. It also has an app for smartphones~

Last edited:

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
UPDATE

1) Trinity Skype Chat has been created, the link is in the OP, and I'll post it here as well, and in my Signature.
Trinity Skype Chat

2) As for "Title Matches", battles will now go;
Match 1: Leader Defends against Challenger.
Match 2: Challenger Defends against Leader.
Match 3: Both Leader & Challenger use Gym Teams.

-After a Title Match has been done, the that Leader is given a free week before his/her next Title Match.
-As for the Challenger, they'll have to wait a week before they can Challenge any Leaders for a Title Match.
-At the moment, deciding a Time Limit for Title Match Challenges, as to how long it can be held off.
-And also remember, you'll first need to obtain 8 badges before you can access Title Matches.

*Note, Title Match information may change, and I'll try to hopefully get it started before the Reset, to allow people to get/try to get the Positions they want.

Information on the reset, as well as Counter-team Rule Changes will be talked more about when the time for that comes.

Thanks again everyone for your inputs on the changes, I'll try my best to make them the way you'd like them to be, as well as exciting, just keep sending in your feedback.

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
These changes bring alot of life back into the league, Thanks Summers!

Status
Not open for further replies.