• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Trinity League

Do you think the Counter Rule should state "4 or more counters"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
Leader Type: Fire {Smokin' Weedle}
Challenger: Zold
Team used against Leader: Greninja, Tapu Lele, Metagross, Gigalith, Kyurem-B, Dragonite
Challenger Result: Zold win 6/0
Comments about the match: Gigalith proved to be quite some trouble for his Gym, eleminating the sun and putting up rocks. Whereas Smokin's team is more aching towards an UU team it was still a fun battle.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Leader Type:poison (chouru)
Challenger: Skyblue
Team used against Leader: Pheromosa, Metagross, Zoroark, Comfey, Amoonguss, Zapdos
Challenger Result: Chouru win 3-0
Comments about the match: well it was really fun, hax hit both of us hard I missed moves I wish I hadn't and paralyze really hates protect lol. Made some bad switches on my end which really hurt me. Had a lot of fun though! ^w^

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
(Items/Attacks/Nature/IVs/EVs/Ability/Formes (Depending on the Pokémon) may be changed)

Just a question, if I bring Rotom-Wash to one triad, could I swap within that same triad to Rotom-heat? And how about regular Kyurem and Kyurem-B?

LynxForte

The Phoenix
(Items/Attacks/Nature/IVs/EVs/Ability/Formes (Depending on the Pokémon) may be changed)

Just a question, if I bring Rotom-Wash to one triad, could I swap within that same triad to Rotom-heat? And how about regular Kyurem and Kyurem-B?

No. They are considered different pokemon

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion

What Lynx said. Forms is there for the Pokemon who have different forms, or change form during battle but have the same types, such as Gastrodon, and Wishiwashi. If I need to list the specific Pokemon, let me know and I'll do so.

Dunkleosteus

Dark Knight
grass gym opened for a few closed

Leader Type: dunkleosteus {grass}
Challenger: zold
Team used against Leader: metagross-M, kuyrem-B, topu-lele, dragonite, gigalith, greninja
Challenger Result: challenger wins 4-0
Comments about the match: gg, kuyrem-B does so much damage lol i did try to make a comeback :)

Leader Type: Flying {DT}
Challenger: dunkleosteus
Team used against Leader: umbreon, kyurem, metagross, slurpuff, suicune, chandelure
Challenger Result: loss 3-1
Comments about the match: had a connection error somehow, but even if we didn't, kyurem wouldn't have been able to get the win vs her last 3 mons, gg was fun otherwise :)

Last edited:

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
Leader Type: Grass {Dunkleosteus}
Team used against Leader: Greninja, Tapu Lele, Metagross, Gigalith, Kyurem-B, Dragonite
Challenger Result: Zold win 4/0
Comments about the match: We had a fun battle, my 'mon hit just a bit too hard for Dunkle to wall them. That Zen Missbut made me cry though.

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
What Lynx said. Forms is there for the Pokemon who have different forms, or change form during battle but have the same types, such as Gastrodon, and Wishiwashi. If I need to list the specific Pokemon, let me know and I'll do so.

Well it's a tricky subject. I have for example, used Greninja with Protean and Greninja with Battle Bond within the same triad. Now this is both an ability and a form, but I am really not sure if it's allowed now that I read this xd. How about Charizard for example, could I use Charizard-X and Y within the same triad? For Greninja you do need to swap the Pokemon whereas for Charizard you don't (but let's be honest, everyone would swap Charizard for X and Y cause of nature). It's hard to tell which are allowed and which are not. So I think adding a list would be awesome!

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Leader Type: Flying
Team used against Leader: Tapu Lele, Greninja, GIgalith, Magearna, Flygon, Mamoswine
Challenger Result: win 1-0
Comments about the match: That was a very close match. Ultimately my mega put in a ton of work in this match but it ultimately could not defeat his final pokemon even if it wasn't outsped. Good game and badge well earned!

Leader Type: Flying
Challenger: Dunkleosteus
Team used against Leader: Umbreon, Suicune, Kyurem, Metagross, Chandelure, Slurpuff
Challenger Result: loss 3-1 (dc)
Comments about the match: He only had one pokemon left but I'm pretty sure I could've beaten it with who I had left. It was still fun, the fact he let one pokemon set up screwed him up pretty bad.

Last edited:

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
Leader Type: Flying {Dt}
Team used against Leader: Greninja, Tapu Lele, Magearna, Gigalith, Flygon, Mamoswine
Challenger Result: Zold win 1/0
Comments about the match: That battle was really tense. I got screwed by a flinch, but ultimately I got a flinch in my favour back for it. That Aerodactyl sure is scary though.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
Well it's a tricky subject. I have for example, used Greninja with Protean and Greninja with Battle Bond within the same triad. Now this is both an ability and a form, but I am really not sure if it's allowed now that I read this xd. How about Charizard for example, could I use Charizard-X and Y within the same triad? For Greninja you do need to swap the Pokemon whereas for Charizard you don't (but let's be honest, everyone would swap Charizard for X and Y cause of nature). It's hard to tell which are allowed and which are not. So I think adding a list would be awesome!

Yes Greninja is allowed with both Abilities, but Rotom doesn't change form during battle, his is manually set outside of battle and changing its form changes his typing. Rotom can easily be used to counter Gyms then as it can just swap to any type to beat the gym its against and that'll cause problems to the CT Rule as well. Plus some Pokemon like Thundurus, Tornadus, and etc, need their formes to be split up.

As for Mega Evolution is an Item which doesn't necessarily need to be held and when in a Triad and going to use Mega Charizard-X, you're automatically going to get the Flying Counter Stab as its his typing before Mega Evolving. Now after you just added on the Dragon counter to it.

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
Leader Type: Ice {Lord Fighting}
Team used against Leader: Greninja, Tapu Lele, Mamoswine, Magearna, Emboar, Chansey
Challenger Result: Zold win 5/0
Comments about the match: We had a fun battle, I made a correct prediction causing Heatran to perish, leaving an opening in LF's team. Looking forward to see how you make additions once you got your SM mons ready (Ninetales!!!) ;D

Dunkleosteus

Dark Knight
grass gym opened for a couple hours closed

Leader Type: ice {LF}
Challenger: Dunkleosteus
Team used against Leader: Umbreon, Suicune, grumpig, espeon, metagross, bastiodon
Challenger Result: loss 1/0
Comments about the match: gg, was a close match, if my suicune didn't do rest and used scald instead with that sleep talk I prob could have won, but my luck is terrible lol

Leader Type: dunkleosteus {grass}
Challenger: skyblue
Team used against Leader: metagross, volcanion, cradily, espeon, zoaroak, amoongus
Challenger Result: win 4/0
Comments about the match: gg, I couldn't do much to anything vs this team, thinking of rebuilding my grass gym though

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Leader Type: Ice {Lord Fighting}
Team used against Leader: Togekiss, Metagross, Pheromosa, Toxapex, Zoroark, Espeon
Challenger Result: Skyblue won 1-0
Comments about the match: Woo that was a fun game! got to see some really nice shinies :D and that one 'mon with that one move it can get surprised me lol

accidentily edited away my first post lol

Leader Type: Bug {Sito}
Team used against Leader: Togekiss, Metagross, Zapdos, Pheromosa, Amoonguss, Porygon-z
Challenger Result: Skyblue loss 2-0
Comments about the match:was a great match ^w^, parahax killed me and stall war >.<

Leader Type: Fire {Smokin' weedle}
Team used against Leader: metagross, pheromosa, espeon, cradily, comfey, and volcanion
Challenger Result: Smokin win 2-0
Comments about the match: let a 'mon scare me to death......literally. I sacked half my team to it thinking it outsped me sigh

Leader Type: Grass {Dunkleosteus}
Team used against Leader: metagross, zoroark, espeon, cradily, amoonguss, and volcanion
Challenger Result: Skyblue win 3-0
Comments about the match: Was a fun match! I didn't mean to switch up my team to completely wall dunk's, and I dragged it out in the end so I could win in a flourish ^^''

Leader Type: Water {Dew}
Team used against Leader: metagross, zoroark, espeon, cradily, amoonguss, and volcanion
Challenger Result: Skyblue win 3-0
Comments about the match: Well there were a few scares when he tried to setup, but amoonguss really walled his team mostly, and then volcanion finished the rest ^^'' GG

Last edited:

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Leader Type: Bug {Sito}
Team used against Leader: Togekiss, Metagross, Zapdos, Pheromosa, Amoonguss, Porygon-z
Challenger Result: Skyblue loss 2-0
Comments about the match: Really really lucky on that thunderbolt paralyzing and then being paralyzed. The stall war was fun xD

Edit:

Leader Type: Fire {Smokin' weedle}
Challenger: Sito
Team used against Leader: Tapu Koko, Bisharp, Galvantula, Typlosion, Xurkitree, Mimikyu
Challenger Result: Sito Win 3-0
Comments about the match: Really good game, wasnt expecting Koko to go down that way and got lucky my thunders didnt miss in the sun.

Last edited:

Smokin' weedle

Leader Type: fire
Challenger: sito
Team used against Leader: tapu koko, bisharp, galvantula, typlosion, curkitree, mimikyu
Challenger Result: my loss: 0-3
Comments about the match: i got ruined by galvantula, all those thunders. Otherwise a good match

Leader Type: fire
Challenger: skybleu
Team used against Leader: Metagross, pheromosa, espeon, cradily, comfey, volcanion
Challenger Result: my win: 2-0
Comments about the match: won mainly thanks to serperior. Had a bit of trouble with cradily, but it then allowed to be set up upon. That really tipped the scales i think.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Sorry for the delay y'all!

Psychic gym is officially open and will remain open for the foreseeable future!

VM or get to me via Discord to challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.