• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Triple Battle Club!

TripleBattleClubBannerAppend.jpg

As I had promised, I made a Club Banner. Featuring Gothitelle, Gigalith and Reuniclus, since they were the first Pokémon to be released and revealed at the same time via the first Triple Battle-styled screenshot. What do you guys think? I'd like to know your thoughts, so that I may improve on my Graphics for the future.

Would you be interested in regularly held tournaments of Triple Battles? Would you be interested in Thematic or Special Restriction style tournments every so often, as well? If so (to both or either), what would you like to see? Certain rules? Prizes? Round Robin? Single Elimination? Something else?
Definitely interested. Thematic may be hard for some of us though. Restrictions would be interesting. I'd like to see some like "No Auto-Weather" or "No Tailwind/ Trick Room" etc. Maybe a PWT-style Elimination Tournament would be interesting.

Setting up a permanent weather with zero consequences is unfair,no questions asked.
You only stand a decent chance if you run a weather team of your own, and they become very one-dimensional at times > <
Sometimes I wish GF gave Kyogre and Groudon signature moves, not abilities.

Although I did have a battle with this one person who wiped the floor with me using a rain team and a Lumineon sweeper.Nice battle :)
I got swept by a Clamperl once. Without Rain. It was embarrassing, and also a great learning experience. For starters, I learnt that Deepseatooth Clamperl was a OPed sweeper in Trick Room.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Setting up a permanent weather with zero consequences is unfair,no questions asked.
You only stand a decent chance if you run a weather team of your own, and they become very one-dimensional at times > <

Although I did have a battle with this one person who wiped the floor with me using a rain team and a Lumineon sweeper.Nice battle :)

But trick room on the switch?That would completely wreck the game. Two users on your team,and you've solved all potential speed issues-it's got a -7 priority for a reason.

Lumineon, you say? That's pretty crazy; what did it do?

What's your favourite pokemon for triple battles?
Hydreigon, it's pretty powerful itself and with it in the middle I can safely spam earthquake. hehehehe.....

Triple battle tournaments? I'm interested.

Nifty! I'm hoping our modest, newborn club starts attracting new members so we can have a tourney of some sort soon enough. :)

I got swept by a Clamperl once. Without Rain. It was embarrassing, and also a great learning experience. For starters, I learnt that Deepseatooth Clamperl was a OPed sweeper in Trick Room.

Really, you say? Interesting.

Thanks again for the banner, by the way.

I guess themed things MIGHT be hard for some people. Hopefully when we get more people, we can take the temperature of the group and see what they'd like to do.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
What's your favourite pokemon for triple battles?
Hydreigon, it's pretty powerful itself and with it in the middle I can safely spam earthquake. hehehehe.....

Triple battle tournaments? I'm interested.
Then stay in touch buddy,I've got a plan which you might like a slice of :cool:

I raised a Hydreigon for my ingame team.I haven't been very appreciative of it yet,and haven't used it often enough to reap the benefits in triples...needs a reform,I think!

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Favourite legendaries are tricky,since some are too over the top statistically for me.

Although...I've always favoured Lugia,Giratina-Origin forme and Dialga pretty interesting in appearance.

What is/are your favorite Legendary Pokemon? Why?

Triple Battle wise? Or just, plain favourites?

For me, the only Legendary I like Triple Battle wise is the Crown Raikou, the one with Aura Sphere. Scarf + Rain + Thunder/ HP Ice/ Aura Sphere/ Volt Switch has always been a decent sweeper/ revenge killer for me. As for favourites, I guess Articuno, Moltres, Raikou, Regi Trio and Regigigas. I love their design and cry especially.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
What is/are your favorite Legendary Pokemon? Why?

Triple Battle wise? Or just, plain favourites?

For me, the only Legendary I like Triple Battle wise is the Crown Raikou, the one with Aura Sphere. Scarf + Rain + Thunder/ HP Ice/ Aura Sphere/ Volt Switch has always been a decent sweeper/ revenge killer for me. As for favourites, I guess Articuno, Moltres, Raikou, Regi Trio and Regigigas. I love their design and cry especially.

I always play on mute, so I never get to hear any of the cries. Kinda makes me sad. But if I can squeeze 10 extra minutes of life out of my battery, it is all worth it!

I wish that Raikou had a better nature; I just trained one up for my current team, but I haven't used it yet.

My whole triple battle team right now is legendaries, LOL. I thought I'd give them a chance, even though it gives me a totally unthemed team. Mostly, it works, but really good themes still hurt me.

My facvorite legends just PREFERENCE-wise are the Lake Guardians. I have always liked the cute little psychic legends, and I dig the backstory behind that trio, too.

Meeker

It needs a fence.
Well, people who like triple battles? Count me in, I'm pretty fond of triple and rotation battles.
I haven't played over wi-fi (in fear of getting my *** whooped), but I do do them over the PWT, and that's good practice for my running through the stratagies.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Well, people who like triple battles? Count me in, I'm pretty fond of triple and rotation battles.
I haven't played over wi-fi (in fear of getting my *** whooped), but I do do them over the PWT, and that's good practice for my running through the stratagies.

Awesome! Yeah, I was hoping we'd have more fellow Triple lovers than this so far, but I'm sure we'll get them eventually. :)

In the meantime, feel free to engage in any of the topics we've already discussed. Or anything else, really.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT

Welcome ^ ^

Just to clarify,if you've got a working strategy,then wifi battles are great practice.I wouldn't fear it at all,since most people on random matchup don't plan their teams properly :)
Plus PWT-whilst challenging-isn't quite the same as the real thing.

I hope they introduce a recognised triples tournament for the games like they did with doubles soon...

Meeker

It needs a fence.
Welcome ^ ^

Just to clarify,if you've got a working strategy,then wifi battles are great practice.I wouldn't fear it at all,since most people on random matchup don't plan their teams properly
Plus PWT-whilst challenging-isn't quite the same as the real thing.

I hope they introduce a recognised triples tournament for the games like they did with doubles soon...

I might have tried the wi-fi, but I got bored and restarted my game. After doing so, I discovered I was being a total idiot. At least all of my good Pokemon went to my Black, so they weren't erased. I've been to lazy to touch the game lately.

On the other hand, a little stratagy I made was to have a support pokemon in the middle, teach it trick room and heal pulse (recover if it can) then have it surrounded by slow pokemon that shine in trick room sets. I used it with Eelektross and gardevoir, but others will probably work.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I might have tried the wi-fi, but I got bored and restarted my game. After doing so, I discovered I was being a total idiot. At least all of my good Pokemon went to my Black, so they weren't erased. I've been to lazy to touch the game lately.

On the other hand, a little stratagy I made was to have a support pokemon in the middle, teach it trick room and heal pulse (recover if it can) then have it surrounded by slow pokemon that shine in trick room sets. I used it with Eelektross and gardevoir, but others will probably work.

Trick Room doesn't seem to be as popular on Wi-Fi as it used to be, but for a while I couldn't log on without finding a few dozen of them. :) I've run two different versions myself, and I really enjoy it.

That's one of the things I like about Triple... for a while, it was very Trick Room or Rain oriented, but lately when I get on, I see ALL kinds of stuff. There are things I see more than others, but I can honestly say I have no idea what to expect when I get on. There's a lot of variety.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Trick Room doesn't seem to be as popular on Wi-Fi as it used to be, but for a while I couldn't log on without finding a few dozen of them. :) I've run two different versions myself, and I really enjoy it.

That's one of the things I like about Triple... for a while, it was very Trick Room or Rain oriented, but lately when I get on, I see ALL kinds of stuff. There are things I see more than others, but I can honestly say I have no idea what to expect when I get on. There's a lot of variety.

Awesome variety in triples.
One amazing team I saw:
Archeops
Linoone
Unfezant

Synergy:
Powerhouse Archeops on sidelines.Hindered by defeatist slightly
Linoone removes defeatist with simple beam.
Unfezant+Sky Attack + Powerherb
Linoone+pickup+bestow=multiple 1-turn sky attacks.

This guy was good,too-around 1800 in ranking if I remember right.

I still find there's a weather team abundance though.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
One amazing team I saw:
Archeops
Linoone
Unfezant

Synergy:

This guy was good,too-around 1800 in ranking if I remember right.

I still find there's a weather team abundance though.

I don't usually sdo the Ranking battles; I tend to stick to Free. I wonder if there are more people on Ranking? not that I have trouble find opponents on Free, but it'd be nice to see.

I changed my team yet again because I do that every other week or so, but it is not a great team. I thought it'd go better, but I had about a .500 night. Might have to tweak it a bit.

So does anyone actually want to get together and battle? We've been talking battles and the games and such...does anyone want to start exchanging FCs and play a match or two? :)

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
Hello, I'm Gothic-Gothorita! I'd like to join The Triple Battle Club! ^_^

I've always been into Triple Battling! I do it all the time Competitive and Casual! XD I hope I can learn a lot here! ^-^

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT

I've always been into Triple Battling! I do it all the time Competitive and Casual! XD I hope I can learn a lot here! ^-^

Welcome ^ ^
Nice to know there are others out there!

@Sid87:I rarely battle off free mode too-don't know why :/

But rating mode is very unactive,because you need a GL account...

...and somebody else who likes triples _ _

I'm free for a triple battle now-haven't had one in ages!
Anybody?

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon

Happy to have you, and you've been added!

I haven't really asked the Competitive/Casual question yet. I tend to enjoy both, but I'm not super awesome at competitive. I build decent enough teams, but nothing amazing.

Welcome ^ ^
Nice to know there are others out there!

@Sid87:I rarely battle off free mode too-don't know why :/

But rating mode is very unactive,because you need a GL account...

...and somebody else who likes triples _ _

I'm free for a triple battle now-haven't had one in ages!
Anybody?

I forgot about the Global Link thing. I DID create an account there, but I don't think I've EVER used it. Heh.

If anyone wants to battle me, I'm generally around 6:00pm-9:00pm (EST, GMT -5) and on weekends. Just PM/VM me and we can try to set something up.

My new team STILL stinks, and I'm almost sad I put energy into it. :) Here it is; maybe you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong!

WHIMSICOTT w/ Light Clay
-Light Screen
-Taunt
-Energy Ball
-Sunny Day
----Sunny Day is there with Prankster to counter Rain teams. Taunt and Light Screen are self-explanatory (and L.S. is INTEGRAL to this team). I had Tailwind on it, but I deleted it for Energy Ball because I kept getting into spots where I NEEDED to attack with 'Cott, including two matches I had to forfeit because I was down to JUST Whimsicott, but it couldn't do damage. I'd love to put Tailwind back, but...what do I remove?

Tornadus w/ Flying Gem
-Acrobatics
-Tailwind
-Rain Dance
-Taunt
----Rain Dance is here with Prankster to counter Drought teams. Tailwind, Taunt, and Acrobatics all seem obvious enough.

All right, I usually lead off Whimsicott-X-Tornadus, so I can Light Screen and Tailwind (or use a Taunt or weather changer if I need to). Here are my rotating middle guys:

Luxray w/ Life Orb
-Wild Charge
-Fire Fang
-Ice Fang
-Crunch

Arcanine w/ Muscle Band
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Roar
-Extreme Speed

Gyarados w/ Lum Berry
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang

Salamence w/ Focus Sash
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Earthquake

So between Whimsicott and Tornadus, I use rotating Intimidators (hence why Light Screen is so important) to constantly lower my opponent's attack. I usually start off with Gyarados and then switch to Luxray if my opponent is tempted to Rock Slide due to my field having two flying types. After I set up with Whimsy and Tornadus, I cycle them in and out, too, to maximize Intimidators hitting the field.

A big problem with this team is that I'm just starting off poorly. I keep misjudging my opponent's opening moves, and it's costing me. I know my movesets aren't great, either (I need to finish B2 so I can use the move tutor there to teach Salamence Outrage...I know this is important). What do you guys suggest?

One amazing team I saw:
Archeops
Linoone
Unfezant

Synergy:
That... I'll be honest, isn't exactly a really decent/ viable team IMO. I'm guessing that said guy got those wins by constantly battling, since that team can be improved much more. I'm still having trouble understanding why the guy chose Unfezant, when others like Crobat, Aerodactyl and Honchkrow can do much better, while having more diverse support and offence movepools. This looks more to me like a gimmick team, TBH.

WHIMSICOTT w/ Light Clay
-Light Screen
-Taunt
-Energy Ball
-Sunny Day
----Sunny Day is there with Prankster to counter Rain teams. Taunt and Light Screen are self-explanatory (and L.S. is INTEGRAL to this team). I had Tailwind on it, but I deleted it for Energy Ball because I kept getting into spots where I NEEDED to attack with 'Cott, including two matches I had to forfeit because I was down to JUST Whimsicott, but it couldn't do damage. I'd love to put Tailwind back, but...what do I remove?

Tornadus w/ Flying Gem
-Acrobatics
-Tailwind
-Rain Dance
-Taunt
----Rain Dance is here with Prankster to counter Drought teams. Tailwind, Taunt, and Acrobatics all seem obvious enough.

All right, I usually lead off Whimsicott-X-Tornadus, so I can Light Screen and Tailwind (or use a Taunt or weather changer if I need to). Here are my rotating middle guys:

Luxray w/ Life Orb
-Wild Charge
-Fire Fang
-Ice Fang
-Crunch

Arcanine w/ Muscle Band
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Roar
-Extreme Speed

Gyarados w/ Lum Berry
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang

Salamence w/ Focus Sash
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Earthquake

So between Whimsicott and Tornadus, I use rotating Intimidators (hence why Light Screen is so important) to constantly lower my opponent's attack. I usually start off with Gyarados and then switch to Luxray if my opponent is tempted to Rock Slide due to my field having two flying types. After I set up with Whimsy and Tornadus, I cycle them in and out, too, to maximize Intimidators hitting the field.

A big problem with this team is that I'm just starting off poorly. I keep misjudging my opponent's opening moves, and it's costing me. I know my movesets aren't great, either (I need to finish B2 so I can use the move tutor there to teach Salamence Outrage...I know this is important). What do you guys suggest?
No natures and EVs? And... It seems you're relying too heavy on Intimidate, aren't you? I guess it's a real pain in the neck for some teams, but for Special Attack-abusing Rain/ Sun teams may be able to break through/ bypass/ ignore the Light Screen and sweep. Apart from that, I guess Intimidate abuse is an interesting strategy. If you can get this team done right, it should be able to get a decent number of wins on Random Matchup.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
No natures and EVs? And... It seems you're relying too heavy on Intimidate, aren't you? I guess it's a real pain in the neck for some teams, but for Special Attack-abusing Rain/ Sun teams may be able to break through/ bypass/ ignore the Light Screen and sweep. Apart from that, I guess Intimidate abuse is an interesting strategy. If you can get this team done right, it should be able to get a decent number of wins on Random Matchup.

I didn't want to get too into it when I'm not sure if people prefer competitive/casual battles (I can do both), but they are all flawless/near-flawless, and the EV/natures are:

Whimy: Bold, 252 DEF, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Tornadus: Jolly, 252 ATK, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Arcanine & Salamence: Adamant, 252 ATK, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Luxray & Gyarados: Jolly, 252 Speed, 252 ATK, 4 HP