• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Triple Battle Club!

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Role-play Abomasnow?That sounds sweet: imagine a flash fire poke-chandelure could be more easily countered(then again, most flash fire pokemon have no tell-abilities,so it wouldn't be a solid counter to any one of them).
Intimidate would be good to role play.
Or storm drain.
Or plus/minus(God,imagine the blizzards after that).
All of a sudden Abomasnow appears much more useable :)

I've just looked at the team Sid(sorry it took three months :/ ) and notice that you lack a spread move: when protection and multiple attacks per party member are so common,loads of single-target attacks are inefficient(considering a spread move could take out more than the intended target).
Earthquake's a big one,because steel types are otherwise going to cause problems to your team.
Fire/water/grass is a nice balanced set to start with-more often than not,the legendaries rarely synergise well with each other due to the weaknesses they share(note the big ice weakness-reliable fire attack is recommended).
It does cover most of triple battle's common issues,but as you've already stated,it might not be able to retaliate as effectively even without these problems out of the way.

You know... I very rarely pack many multi-hit moves. It's weird, but I just don't. I mean... it depends on the team I run, obviously, but my utility belt teams don't run very many of them now. The team I'm running now has... one. I think just one.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
One is good if well supported,but it's always safer to have two or three,covering both special and physical side(Blizzard and Rock Slide,for the sake of example).

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Oh, I didn't notice this club was still running. My interest for Triple Battles has sort of waned by now, mainly because it's hard to find a battle on my White version (I don't have access to B2W2)

About Role play+Abomasnow, it was on a Trick room team, so Abomasnow outsped most of my pokemon. It's sort of a cheap strategy when I think about it now.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Oh, I didn't notice this club was still running. My interest for Triple Battles has sort of waned by now, mainly because it's hard to find a battle on my White version (I don't have access to B2W2)

About Role play+Abomasnow, it was on a Trick room team, so Abomasnow outsped most of my pokemon. It's sort of a cheap strategy when I think about it now.
Cheap?Nah-it's ingenious.Abomasnow only really needs Snow warning on the switch-in anyway:it could work really well in theory.

I understand that it can be fairly unreliable-it's dependent on the opponent's ability-but role-playing intimidate,water absorb,or levitate on top of 100% accuarte blizzards could make Abomasnow something to watch out for with support.

You can still find battles against B2/W2 players as well-the entirity of the 5th generation is cross-compatible.They're not that rare-I found 6 people this morning in an hour and a half(but perhaps I was lucky?).

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon

You can't find battles on White? Like on the Wi-Fi? Huh. I have Black, and I find battles all the time.

And yeah... White/Black and B2/W2 will find each other on Wi-Fi. I didn't realize that at first until I kept running into Landorus that had Intimidate, and I was like... "That's not his ability! WTF?"

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
^Therian Landorus is a PAIN:good speed, attack and ability.No,scratch that,all the genie therian forms are a nightmare to deal with.
Well,in singles at least.Launch off one blizzard and thankfully it's all over!

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
RARGH. I was in the middle of a HUGE message here, and then I brushed cat fur off my mousepad and it sent me back a page! Lost everything I typed! I hate that SOMETIMES Firefox yells at me that I'm about to leave a page I have text on and sometimes it doesn't. It never asks me if I'm sure I want to leave when I just make a mistake, but when I do something stupid on accident like that? Never. Rar!

Anyway... new, short message: any word on a possible friendly Triple Battle competition, anyone? I know Arch was going to try to get something like that going.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Boy,do I know the feeling _ _

I've got four people at this moment.

To anybody reading this:if you are interested in participating in a triples tournament,let me know :)

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Well I'm fine with taking some time to get a group together; I've hit another rut where I can't seem to put anything useful together. Heh.

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
You can't find battles on White? Like on the Wi-Fi? Huh. I have Black, and I find battles all the time.

And yeah... White/Black and B2/W2 will find each other on Wi-Fi. I didn't realize that at first until I kept running into Landorus that had Intimidate, and I was like... "That's not his ability! WTF?"

You do? I guess it's just my timezone then. I'll try playing at night and see if anyone's available for a match.

I'm just going with my old team, and it was really successful when I tried it out pre- B2W2. Haven't played triples since then, so I'm not sure how it will do against threats like Landorus-T and Keldeo. Still worth a shot though.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Keldeo is not usable on Wi-Fi. It's always kind of weird to me that most of the Event legends aren't available on WiFi battling despite not really being as powerful as some of the stuff that IS allowed on WiFi.