• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The trouble with Umbreons...

Irisfatum

The Sleepy Trainer
;197;
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Synchronize
~Bold Nature~
EVs: 252 into HP, 128 into Sp. Def, 128 into Def
Mean Look
Taunt
Toxic
Moonlight

Is this a decent setup? It's meant for 3v3 battles as a meat-shield. Mean Look to keep the enemy around, Taunt to prevent stat-upping and to obliterate the strategy of many non-sweepers, Toxic to…y’know, toximify them…and Moonlight to heal up.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
I assume that since you said "3 vs 3," you want to use this thing in the Battle Tower. Not only would using this set be extremely time-consuming, but any enemy Poison or Steel type ruins it. There are many other Pokemon that would work much better in the Battle Tower and would not take 30+ turns just to KO something.

That being said, Umbreon shouldn't be used at all in DP. It sucks now. In fact, it's always really sucked, but people thought that Curse and Wish and Mean Look and all that stuff could do something last gen. It didn't really do much and essentially wasted slots on teams IMO, and now we have Close Combat and Hammer Arm and Aura Sphere and Focus Blast and X-Scissor and U-Turn everywhere. There's no place for Umbreon anymore.

Irisfatum

The Sleepy Trainer
Well...I have a thing for 'eccentric preference' choices. I've always had a thing for Umbreon, and wanted to see if I could make him work. And, since I got a Bold Eevee, I thought now would be a good time to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. ^^;

So...if absolutely no one thinks raising up the Eevee is worth it...is there anything else I could do with a Bold Eevee? I already have a Battle Tower team, but I like to have a lot of options.

crudent

Bold Eevee is best as Vaporeon.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SpAtk (maybe take some HP to put elsewhere, it doesn't need that much)
- Surf
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Substitute / Yawn / Haze / Roar

Hayabusa

Bona fide Narutard.
Umbreon still acts as a wall, it can Mean Look Baton Pass to other Pokemon (the only other Pokemon who can do this is Ariados with Spider Web), and can Wishpass. Not useless.

To use Umbreon in Battle Tower would make for slow battles, you're right about that.

Irisfatum, tell us what you want to do with your Umbreon, then we'll give you a moveset. Options are pretty much: wishpassing or Mean Look + Batonpasser.

trickedoutmetagross

NIXON'S BAAAACK!!!
Good, but...
Umbreon @ Leftovers
All the EVs or whatever you had.
Moonlight
Baton Pass
Will-O-Wisp
Toxic
I have one like this and he kills in battles if you can switch out. I also found that Umbreons are best for Status Inflictors and I predict next time a Video Game Tournament is held for D/P Umbreons will be used for that purpose

Irisfatum

The Sleepy Trainer
@ trickedoutmetagross - Why does your Umbreon have Baton Pass when...y'know...there's nothing to pass. Just two status moves that aren't able to stack onto each other. It might make more sense if there was Wish instead of Moonlight.

And, I was wanting to have something of a wall...just something to take damage and last a while, buying time and hopefully killing one or two enemies. That's why I went for a toxitrapper.

Though, Vaporeon seems very good too. Does anyone think Vaporeon would make a decent Restalker? With something like Surf, Ice Beam, Rest, and Sleep Talk? Or...would that just be a lesser Milotic and not a decent substitute for the Wishpassing Hazer?

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Good, but...
Umbreon @ Leftovers
All the EVs or whatever you had.
Moonlight
Baton Pass
Will-O-Wisp
Toxic
I have one like this and he kills in battles if you can switch out. I also found that Umbreons are best for Status Inflictors and I predict next time a Video Game Tournament is held for D/P Umbreons will be used for that purpose

lol Umbreon can't even learn WoW.

Aya

It's Ayu, not Aya.
Well Umbreon is for pure annoyence. If double team was allowed I would say use it because with that Umbreon is untoucble. Well mine was. Yet since that is now allowed make sure your Umbreon does have a attack in there. I mean don't give it for different moves that does no damage other then status damage. Instead of EVing a defense try Attack or Sp Attack. It will help out a lot.

Umbreon@Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
-Toxic
-Baton Pass
-Wish
-Dark Pulse

Yeah, yeah, Mean Look. I have one attacking move on Umbreon, it ALWAYS helps.