• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Truth About Splash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert_Rose

Amour toujours gagne
Just recently, I have found out what splash really does. I restarted my Sapphire game recently to get a Mudkip and I traded my Beldum in from my Emerald game. I was at Dewford battling one of the fisherman who has a Magikarp. I sent out my Beldum and told it to use Take Down. The Magikarp used Splash. This is what it said: "Magikarp used Splash......It did nothing.....Beldum pretended to not notice." :confused: Beldum did not use take down. I tried it again. Magikarp used Splash again. This time Beldum used Take Down, but my game did not say "Beldum pretended to not notice." I told Beldum to use Take Down again. The Magikarp used Splash, and my Beldum pretended to not notice. The next turn I took out the Magikarp. I would like to know if anyone else has seen a pokemon "pretended to not notice" the stupidity of Splash before. Perhaps Splash is finally revealed....:rolleyes:

Desert_Rose

Amour toujours gagne
This is definitely one of those times where you say to yourself "Now why didn't I think of that...." And we were so close to solving the Splash mystery, too.....

Volteon

Back I guess??
Maybe Splash can do a combo with any other move. With Bounce maybe?
¬_¬ no, it can´t....

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Splash is just a move that does nothing, except on Pokemon Stadium, where Magikarp's Slash hits a counter.

LOL this thread.

Jokurata

Thunder Trainer
I'd just like to point out that's a nice interesting point you just gave me! I always wanted to know what happened in those situations, but I've no one to trade with!
Thanks, I'll remember this for future reference!
Jok

Volteon

Back I guess??
splash is a stupid move it doesnt do anything why do they make that move?lol
To make harder the training of magikarp (I think)
(probably I´m the last poster in this thread... I hope)

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Closing 'cause it's answered. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.