1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The truth by comparison

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by DanPMK, Sep 11, 2006.

1. DanPMK

DanPMK MK

(Yes, I know there is another thread about this, but I just had to do this.)

I've seen so many people saying Pokemon Green sucks. Pokemon Green has crappy sprites. Oh man, Green? Red and Blue are better. And I got fed up with it. I had to prove it for all of you that either don't know or won't believe.

I have taken Japanese Green, Japanese Red, Japanese Blue, English Red, and English Blue, and played them all in the exact same way, and posted comparison pictures of all of those exact scenarios.

Analyze it. Spread the word. Learn the Truth. And Comment.

http://mk.sepwich.com/Pokemon/comparison/
    http://accessirc.no-ip.org/mk/pkmn/comparison/

Edit 20080511: Updated URL

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  2. Sadib

Sadib Time Lord Victorious

I don't see a difference...

3. Mega Trickster

Mega Trickster Blargagh blargh

The point is that Green and Japanese Red have the same sprites and to tell everyone to stop bashing Green because of it's sprites.

4. DanPMK

DanPMK MK

Another interesting note is the difficulty. Japanese Red/Green were a tad easier than Japanese Blue and English Red/Blue. Just look at the first battle. I chose Tackle every time, they had almost the same stats, yet the enemy simply did more damage, with no critical hits.

5. Kyrix

Kyrix Glitch Hunting Freak

I agree don't bash it because of sprites... I would be in heven if I could get a green on my hands.

6. Mega Trickster

Ta da!

Also theres a few overworld differences, like water and grass.

7. Kyrix

Yeah you PMed me that but I doubt I will be able to get to ship it... I'm trying to save up my money and get it. I want to try that glitch MT preformed that messed up her mew, That was cool!

8. Sadib

Sadib Time Lord Victorious

I already know that red and green have the same graphics. I think that's common knolege. When people talk about Pokemon Red, they usually mean the english one.

9. Mega Trickster

You'll be surprised at how uncommon that knowlegde really is. I always ways Japanese Red when I'm talking about Akai.

10. DanPMK

DanPMK MK

11. Mega Trickster

I read that page a few months ago, it was so horrible I coulda almost cried =/

12. DanPMK

DanPMK MK

Yeah :(

Another interesting thing to note is that English Red's opening scene uses Japanese Red/Green's Nidorino sprite. o_O English's is also off-center, at first I thought I caught it at the wrong time, but the entire time he's closer to the left than in the Japanese versions.

13. Kyrix

Who ever thinks green suck is a plain retard. Green is so unique and special tht it practically is in its own class!

14. Trooper Guy

Trooper Guy Lost in history...

So, people can't have different opinions without getting insulted? I see...

Anyways, this thread is good. Glad all this confusion is cleared up now, shame it had to require pictures to do it (they are good pictures, but i'm just saying the fact that pictures were needed was abit shameful).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  15. DanPMK

DanPMK MK

Indeed...but if I can just get the truth to one mind, it was worth it.

16. ~Meitantei Starlight*~

~Meitantei Starlight*~ Marsh Trainer

Meh, I knew about this waay before you made this thread. -___- Somebody else had posted saying that the only reason Blue was so special was because it came after Red/Green and like, you had to special order it or something like that. Then for the English they just decided to use Blue sprites cause they're better.

I've never really actually come across someone who'd say something like "Green sucks." However with people bashing the sprites; yeah I've seen a lot; though who could blame them?

17. DanPMK

DanPMK MK

Many people know, but even more don't, sadly... Blue was a special release, I think it was only given to people with subscriptions to CoroCoro, but I'm not sure. And yeah, people can bash the sprites with good reason, they just need to know it's not only Green. It's also Red, and it's where Pokemon came from. I'm just tired of all the lies...

18. BlackFireCharizard

BlackFireCharizard Master of Charizards

The only difference I see is charmander in green looking like Agumon from digimon.

19. DanPMK

DanPMK MK

Agumon isn't green.

20. Jimmy P.

Jimmy P. First shiny!!

He means that Charmander in the Green Version looks like Agumon.