• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Truth Regarding non/anti-amourshippers vs pro-amourshippers.

Am I in the wrong for defending Serena and AmourShipping?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adobe123

Goodbye Ash & Pikachu, I'll miss you
FavT26GWIAAe_c9

This user hates both sides; the non/anti-amourshipping side who act like Serena "outgrew" Ash and doesn't need him in Journeys like she's better than him, because he feels that it makes no sense and misses the fact that Serena's crush on Ash was never about needing him or being dependent on him. And the pro-amourshipping side who consist of people who don't understand Serena's character or why she had a crush on him in the first place. This is why this Twitter user and I hate the word "independent". For some really weird reason that word's been causing a lot of feuds of non/anti-amourshippers vs pro-amourshippers which to my knowledge, has been happening since October 17, 2013 if memory serves. So yeah, everyone's been fighting for this long and it looks to me like we anti-non amourshippers and pro-amourshippers will continue to fight each other forever.

Source links:

Last edited:

vondecayle

People really want to continue stirring up controversy about XY related things. This pops up in every thread somehow. Shipping wars are silly.

Kameinu

Arooo!
Dudes, like literally the biggest identifying factor of Serena’s character IS the shipping. She sadly can barely exist without it being brought up. Even if she on her own can be a really sweet and compelling character with a lot to inspire. The shipping will sadly always come up no matter what side we look at it from. The shipping bullshit will always arise. This is truth.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Who cares what some rando on Twitter thinks about a ship that isn't relevant to the show anymore.

I agree but post this on the Amourshipping thread first please

Also you shouldn’t hate the word independent because I like independence but not in the radical way that some people want Serena to be independent from Ash. Independent is a wide umbrella term

Independent means doing stuff on your own. It only has one definition.
Re: being independent from something or someone
Basically I support a character being independent only if the situation is toxic, the boner for “independent” and “a woman has to not be in a relationship in order to be independent” is peak stupidity

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Re: being independent from something or someone
Basically I support a character being independent only if the situation is toxic, the boner for “independent” and “a woman has to not be in a relationship in order to be independent” is peak stupidity
This is true. Some people think that being in a relationship means you have to everything together, when you don't. A reasonable level of independence and personal privacy should be the bare minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.