• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

THE TUMOR BOY - a play

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Well i guess this should be allowed in this area, right?
Well this is pretty much self-explanitory. Read to figure out everything of course.

THE TUMOR BOY

CHARACTERS:

Ryan (boy)
Mother
Dr. Reeves (doctor 1)
Doctor 2
Doctor 3
Nurse
Jennifer
Billy
Vending Machine
Coffee Machine
CAT Machine
Heart Monitor

ACT ONE

SCENE ONE
There is a small alcove in the hospital with five seats on each of the three walls. The walls are painted white. A metal box full of magazines sits in the center of the alcove. A lamp shines brightly in the corner of the room (stage right). It sits on a small table. A boy sits next to the lamp and the table, half awake, half asleep. His mother sits next to him. The boy seems to be of the age of 9 or 10, his mother, 35.

BOY: (rubbing his hand across his eyes.) momma.

MOTHER: yeah?

BOY: can I get somethin’ from the vendin’ machine?

MOTHER: no, the doctor said our appointment is at (checks watch) go ahead. But be quick.

BOY: thanks momma. (the boy gets up and walks to the vending machine. Counting) 1,2,3 (inserts quarters) uh…skittles puh-lease (presses buttons)

VENDING MACHINE: out of order, please choose another item.

BOY: did you just…talk? (waits) momma!

VENDING MACHINE: no need to be alarmed young one, help is coming.

BOY: momma! The vendin’ machine is speakin’!

MOTHER: hurry up! The doctor’ll be here any minute.

VENDING MACHINE: no need to be alarmed young one, help is coming. (skittles fall out)

BOY: thanks (grabs skittles and walks backwards to his seat)

VENDING MACHINE: your welcome, but watch yourself, young one.

BOY: yeah…okay.

MOTHER: did you get your snack?

BOY: yeah (sits down)…but the—

MOTHER: vending machine don’t talk.

BOY: but this one did!

MOTHER: this just proves our point.

BOY: (face saddens) oh… (sinks in his chair and drop skittles on the floor)
(curtain or blackout)

Last edited:

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
If you're going to include things like 'curtain' or 'fade to black' then you should be using ALL the correct terms for a script, and a shooting script at that. Just a written play would finish with end, nothing more. Description isn't necessary if you're writing a script, it should be minimal, practically nothing at all. It's for people to read and act out, the scene is unimportant and is set by other people, not by the cast. You should use proper grammar and spelling, accents and vocalisation is done by the person.

1. INT. HOSPITAL WAITING ROOM

BOY​
Momma?​

The boy is tired, he rubs his eyes

MOTHER​
Yeah?​

BOY​
Can I get something from the vending machine?​

MOTHER​
No, the doctor said our appointment is at...​

MOTHER checks her watch

MOTHER​
....*sigh* go ahead. But be quick.​

It should look more like that. If you want it to be simpler, then just stick with the names.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
okay. Thanks. I never wrote a play before and thought it would be fun. I'll fix it. Thanks.