• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Twilight Chronicles (PG-13)

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Man, I haven't updated in a while.

@Blue_Mew22: Why? Well, maybe because they are fun. ;D Yikes, there certainly seemed to be a lot more errors than I anticipated last chapter. I think I went back and fixed them. I'll have to look tomorrow because it's getting late here. Don't worry, I'll make sure they will struggle next chapter. Good to see that you will be sticking around (as well as seeing the banner I made in your sig).

@Lunar Ho-oh: I've been sending PM's out to get the word out about the new chapters. It is especially good for getting the attention of some people who aren't on all the time.

@Dramatic Melody: Funny, I counted nowhere near that many errors. Oh well. As I said over in Guardian, I've been working on my descriptions more. *Looks at last line* Uh, I probably can't guarantee the next chapter will be good. The chapter after this is what I'm really looking forward to doing.

@The person with a very long name: He's back! Hide the chips! Just kidding, here you go. I should've thought about the stat thing, but I probably got that from the PMD specials where they actually refer to experience and leveling up, unlike the main show. Oh, something's going to happen.

@Glitch: Oh boy, nitpicking. At least it's you and not my parents. I will definitely remember to do that as I go along in the future. Unfortunately, it's a little late for me to think about theories tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

@chosen_one386: As I've said a number of times before, I wanted this story to be a little different from your traditional (or at least ordinary) PMD fic. Bulbasaur is one of my favorite characters to write for, as I will find myself thinking of something interesting for him to say. I'll probably be getting some good inspiration for Bulbasaur as I will be part of (either acting or working on) the school play, Fools. Glad you like it so far and I certainly hope you keep reading.

Yawn...it's late right now. But I do have good news. After once again ignoring my homework I have finally finished Chapter 7! Hopefully I can post this before I fall asleep. I promise that the next chapter will not take as long as this one to get up. If I fail to do so, I'll...well, I don't know what I would do, but it'd be pretty drastic.

Now then, all comments and suggestions are appreciated...yada yada yada. I think I'll just go ahead and post the next chapter. Hopefully, you will enjoy it (though I wish I could have done a few more things). Now to get to my homework...ZZZ...

Chapter 7: Strange Feelings

“Are we there yet?”

“No, this is floor five.”

Bulbasaur groaned. “We still have two more floors to go?”

Eevee sighed. “If you continue to complain, you’re only going to make it seem that much longer.”

Bulbasaur looked as though he wanted to reply, but he kept quiet. Zach shook his head. And he was the one who said that this was a small dungeon. Truth be told, Zach too was beginning to wonder when they were going to reach the end of this labyrinth. They had walked down many hallways only to find themselves in a room that led to two or three more hallways. A number of times they would take one of the hallways, only to find themselves back in the same room they started in.

After the encounter with the Lileep, they had not seen another wild Pokemon. This probably shouldn’t have worried him, but, for some inexplicable reason, it did. It only seemed to build on that sense of foreboding he felt after the earlier fight.

It wasn’t long before they found the staircase and descended down to sixth basement floor. The humidity had risen to near unbearable levels. It was like trying to walk through water. They chose a corridor and started walking down it toward what they hoped was the staircase to the final floor.

Zach pulled his scarves away from his neck, providing only minimal relief from the mugginess of the floor. Eevee didn’t look particularly happy either, panting heavily as the group walked along. Her heavy fur coat was a burden in such an environment. But just like outside in the rain earlier, Bulbasaur seemed to not take any notice to the conditions. Zach thought about saying something, but decided that it would just be pointless to ask.

Team Twilight entered a large, empty room. It was quickly evident that this room was just another dead-end. Just as they were about to leave though…

“H-help…”

Everyone stopped in their tracks. No one spoke at first. Then Eevee whispered something in Bulbasaur’s ear, gesturing toward one corner of the room. Bulbasaur nodded and walked slowly toward the corner.

Eevee came over to Zach. “Zach, check the corner over there,” she whispered, motioning toward a corner on the opposite side of the room. “Let us know if you find someone.”

“Do you think it might be Ralts?” Zach asked hopefully. If it is, then we can finally get out of this place.

“I don’t know,” Eevee replied, a hint of skepticism in her voice. “It could be, but I really can’t say for sure.”

Zach had picked up on the doubt in her voice and began to wonder himself. If it isn’t Ralts, he thought as he walked over towards his assigned corner, then what could it be?

He reached his end of the room and began looking around. Small puddles of water littered the floor. A few large boulders stood firm on the floor. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary at first. Until…

“H-h-help…”

Zach jumped. It had come from behind one of the boulders. He looked around the room. Which boulder could it have come from? He walked over to the one closest to him.

Sure enough, someone was there. A gray-and-white bird lay against the boulder, breathing heavily and in obvious pain. It didn’t take long for Zach to find the problem; his right wing was bent awkwardly. A cut ran across the bird’s face, a small amount of blood dripping from the wound. It was clear that someone had attacked this bird. But who, or what, was a mystery.

Zach sat down next to the bird. “What happened to you?” he asked. “Who did this to you?”

“I…don’t know,” the bird said. “The last thing I remember was getting slammed to the ground and I blacked out.” He tried to stand up, but Zach put a hand out stopped him.

“Be careful,” Zach warned. “Your wing is already screwed up. The last thing you need to do is make things worse.” He looked across the room and spotted Eevee. “Eevee, get Bulbasaur and get over here,” he called out to her. “I found somebody.” She nodded in response to him and went off to get their third party member.

Zach turned back to the hurt bird. He set about examining the broken wing. At the very moment he touched the feathers, he started feeling strange. Dizziness overpowered him, causing him to stagger backward. He looked back over at the bird. His vision began going in and out of focus. He had to shut his eyes to prevent himself from being sick.

Suddenly, a tall, shadowy figure appeared before his eyes. The figure stood over another, much smaller figure that was lying flat on the ground. The smaller figure was a bird, the exact bird that was sitting in front of Zach. He appeared to spread out wings and try to stand. In one swift motion, the larger figure stomped down on the right wing. The bird let out a cry of pain. The cry came to a crescendo as a sharp ringing sound so loud that it hurt Zach’s ears. He couldn’t stand it…

He opened his eyes with a start. What just happened? Many thoughts raced through his head as he tried to figure out what he saw. He looked down at the bird. He was giving Zach a strange look. “Sorry about that,” he apologized. “I don’t know…”

“Zach!”

Eevee and Bulbasaur came running over to Zach and the bird. Bulbasaur went over to the victim. “So, you’re a Starly, right?” he asked the bird, trying to be upbeat to encourage him.

Starly nodded. “I was attacked out of nowhere when I was exploring. I’m so glad someone got my message and came to rescue me.”

Sweat drops rolled down the back of everyone’s heads. “Uh…did you say message?” Eevee asked, trying to hit the surprise in her voice.

“Yep. I sent out an SOS hoping for a some rescue squad to come find me and, wouldn’t you know it, here you are.”

“Well, about that…” Bulbasaur chuckled nervously. “You see…uh, how should I put this…?”

Zach spoke up. “We never got your message, Starly,” he said, trying to be straight to the point. “We found you while we were searching for another missing Pokemon.”

“Oh…” Starly said, slightly disappointed by what he just heard. “I’m…sorry to have taken you away from your mission. I’ll just sit here and wait for my own rescue party to find me.”

“No you’re not,” Zach assured him. “You are coming with us.”

“Are you sure? Really, I can come with you guys?” he asked excitedly.

“Of course,” Eevee replied. “We certainly can’t leave you here.” She went over and examined Starly’s injuries. “Wow, that’s a pretty nasty break. Let me see what I can do about that.” She started rummaging through her bag once again, searching for some supplies.

Meanwhile, Bulbasaur came over to Zach. “You okay?” he asked, with some definite concern. “You’re acting kinda strange.”

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he said untruthfully, watching Eevee pull out item after item out of the bag. All these weird things that had been happening to him: the voice, the dream, and now, a strange vision. I can’t tell him about what I just saw, he concluded. He couldn't help but worry that if he did tell the truth, Bulbasaur wouldn't believe him. No, at least not now.

After finding what she was looking for, it didn’t take long for Eevee to fix up Starly. She had created an ingenious sling to support the broken wing using a stick she had picked up along the way and her own team scarf. “You do know that I’ll need that scarf back when we get back to Treasure Town,” she told the bird after helping him back to his feet.

“No problem,” he said. “Hopefully, Chansey will have a more permanent fix.”

Now that Starly was up and going again, it was time to search for the stairs to the next floor where (hopefully) they would finally find Ralts. Eevee walked out in front followed closely behind by Bulbasaur. Zach hung back with Starly, making sure that nothing snuck up on him as they were walking along.

After a long and tedious search, they found the stairway to the final floor. Unlike all the other stairways in the dungeon, this one was very narrow. One-by-one, the party went down. Zach went last, making sure that they weren’t being followed. Once he was sure the coast was clear, he went down after them.

A rush of cool air welcomed Zach as he descended the stairway. “What the…?” His voice cut out as he came out onto the final floor.

Everything about the floor was different from all the other floors they had been on. It was all one large room rather than the series of rooms and hallways they were accustomed to. At the center, a large rock formation stood, water gushing out of the top of it like a fountain. Small streams rolled down the formation into pools at the base. Large amounts of vegetation covered the floor,

Everyone had stopped to look around. “Quite a strange place, isn’t it?” said Bulbasaur as he examined some of the local greenery. “It’s not even humid here.”

“Definitely wasn’t expecting this,” said Eevee. “I wonder why only this floor is like this.”

That’s true, Zach thought to himself. How could only one floor be like this? He shook his head. “It really doesn’t matter,” he said. “We need to find…”

Suddenly, a small creature tumbled out of a nearby bush. It looked like a small child in an off-white dress. Its green bowl-shaped headpiece obscured most of its face. It got back to its feet and looked around, spotting Team Twilight. Before anyone could say anything, it came running over toward them, tripping and falling right in front of Zach.

“It’s Ralts!” Bulbasaur exclaimed excitedly. “We found him.”

Ralts looked up at Bulbasaur. “Y-you’re here to rescue me?” he stuttered. He seemed very nervous for some reason. “Th-thank you. B-b-but we’ve gotta get out of here.”

Eevee was shocked. “Get out of here? Why?” she asked. “This place is incredible.”

“Here, let me help you out,” said Zach, offering out his hand to help Ralts up. Ralts looked at his hand for a moment then, deciding he was really being helpful, took it.

Suddenly, a familiar sensation overcame Zach. Dizziness and nausea overpowered his senses. He was forced to shut his eyes…

Before him, two identical looking creatures stood in almost the exact same spot that Team Twilight was currently standing. One of them, the larger of the two, he recognized as the Ralts who he just helped out. And that must be his sister, he thought solemnly, looking at the smaller one. The two of them were looking around the room with similar looks of amazement that had crossed the team’s faces when they entered the room.

Suddenly, something came bursting out of one of the nearby ponds. Zach found himself turning to see what was happening with both Ralts. A large creature, obscured in shadow, stood before them, baring large claws at them. The younger of the two freaked out and ran, leaving her brother behind alone. Come on, move, he thought to himself, trying to encourage Ralts to get out of there. But inside, he realized he wasn’t going to move: he was paralyzed with fear.

A sharp, ringing sound rattled his eardrums once again, bringing him out of the vision and back into reality. He opened his eyes and looked around. His team seemed to not have noticed what just happened to him. Only Ralts seemed to notice, as he looked up at him very intently.

The odd sense of foreboding that had cursed him since the Lileep attack once again reared up. Something’s here, he thought to himself, something that’s attacking Pokémon.

He turned back to the group. “We have to get out of here,” he said firmly. “There’s something here.”

Bulbasaur shook his head and smiled. “First Ralts and now you, Zach?” he said grinning. “Come on, we don’t need negativity here.”

“I’m serious. I just got a really bad feeling about this place.”

“Right and I’m a trainer. Really, there’s nothing…”

Just then, a loud crash interrupted Bulbasaur’s reasoning. Everyone looked across the room. A large fissure had formed in the fountain, cutting almost directly down the middle. Zach walked a little closer, wondering what caused the crack.

Suddenly, the fountain burst into tons of small rocks. Zach covered his face to protect himself from flying debris. When he brought down his hands, he was taken aback by who he was staring at.

Oh crap...

<End Chapter 7>

Last edited:

Lunar Ho-oh

Beyond Legends
Finally Chapter seven! I'm so glad you didn't stop writing! I was a bit worried for awhile!

Glitch

Giratina's Emissary
Haven't updated in a while? Hah! Compared to me, that little gap is nothing! lol

It's better, a bit short though, but that's okay. I can still see some improvement from last time.

Just one little thing...

All these weird things that had been happening to him: the voice, the dream, and now, a strange vision. I can’t tell him about what I just saw, he concluded. No, at least not now.

This statement is just stating facts. I still don't know why Zach chooses not to tell anyone. Well, maybe I do, but you could elaborate on his feeling about the Dimensional Scream and whatnot a bit more there.

I suppose that means...The second sentence skips on over to telling what Zach is going to do about the strange happenings. There isn't really much we can find about why he does this, since you haven't really given us his emotions for it.

Putting my weird sentence structures aside, this was a pretty good chapter. I can see that Ralts lives up to its name as being an empathy pokemon here.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter. (Take your time though)

FocusPresenceEndurance

Aspiring Author
@The person with a very long name: He's back! Hide the chips! Just kidding, here you go. I should've thought about the stat thing, but I probably got that from the PMD specials where they actually refer to experience and leveling up, unlike the main show. Oh, something's going to happen.

-_- you realize it took longer for you to write that than it did to actually write the longer version of my name right?

Yeah, I figured that was the reason. The anime was weird like that.

Lastly; NO WAI!! O_O

“Eevee, get Bulbasaur and get over here,” he called out to her. “I found somebody.” She nodded in response to him and went to get Bulbasaur.

The paragraph is repetitive since you're saying "get Bulbasaur" twice. You could actually make due with "She nodded as she scampered off." (note that you don't have to use the choice of words that I used)

Only Ralts seemed to notice, as he looked at _____ very intently.

Missing "him"

A frequent word you tended to use in this chapter was "finally." A good word to use in moderation, but not so good when used very often. Of course that can be said about any word. Just thought I'd point out though, try not to use the same word too much. I think excited was another word you used often in this chapter too.

Also, I found that this chapter tended to be a little on the wordy side. Meaning, that you put words in places that really could have managed just as well without. It made the chapter read a little slower, and didn't really help explain anything. The second quote is an example of this. Its really a matter of "am I getting the message I want across with this? And should I add more?"

Suddenly, the fountain burst into tons of small rocks. Zach covered his face to protect himself from flying debris. When he brought down his hands, he was taken aback by who he was staring at.

Oh shoot. Something did happen. And I thought for sure this would be just an ordinary mission with no surprises whatsoever. Oh well... XP

Anyway, overall, the chapter was still well done. I kinda felt bad for the Starly when he thought he'd get left behind. What would be funny is if a rescue was already on their way to save Starly and found nobody there.

Back to the story though. Hopefully this was able to aid you in some way. Kepp up the good work (but like Glitch said, don't rush it) I look forward to the next chapter with much anticipation!

Mewmie the shiny Mew

=Cute+Power+Smart
Nice! I can't wait to find out what appeared. (Though I might already know.....) I don't know what else to say, sry. You're doing great!

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
great chapter, I was thinking about how that other rescue team would show up and Starly was missing.lol.

and for COMPLETE off topicness-
My browns will CRUSH-C-R-U-S-H your Ravens next weekend :)
see, I was wrong I should'ave kept my mouth shut..

Last edited:

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Awesome! I shall keep reading if there are more.

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Awesome fic! I just read all 7 chapters in one go and am really enjoying it! I'm not here to review, so just keep bringing the goodness!

Noheart

The Abysswalker
YES! You didn't stop writing! xD

So yeah...

The generic "z0mg dis fic is teh awesomez".

Keep up the good work. I love this fic. ^^

PokemonHero

I can see the future
@Lunar Ho-oh: No, I didn't give up writing. It's just that I've been a bit busy recently. I will explain later.

@Glitch: Yeah, you're right, but considering that my goal was a chapter every two weeks, I felt like I had failed to keep my promise. Well, with that statement, I initially left the reasoning out because I had said why in an earlier chapter (Chapter 4 I believe). But I did add it just in case the reader may have forgotten. And trust me, I've taken my time with this chapter.

@FocusPresenceEndurance: Yes, I realize that. That's why I did it. :D I went back and did as you suggested. It definitely helped out. Starly was an interesting idea I came up with when I had played through the games. I always wondered what would happen if you found a Pokemon in trouble who wasn't on your list to be rescued.

@Mewmie the shiny Mew: Even the best of us have times where we can't think of anything to say. Trust me, that happens to me a lot.

@cbiesra: Hmm...I wonder if I can work that out. And sometimes it is best not to talk. It may just come back to burn you in the end.
GO RAVENS!!!

@sweet_piplup123: Another new reader! Don't worry, there will be more. I promise.

@TurtwigFan1: You read them all at one time!? Well, it's a good thing my chapters are short. I read most of FPE's story in one sitting and...yeah, I'll stop talking. Well, the next chapter will be a little bit, but for now...*Runs to kitchen to start preparing cookies*

@Piekid11: I was wondering when you were going to show up. Guess I should've done the PM thing again. A generic response gets another, such as "im glad u liekz it" or something along those lines.

Now, I guess I have to do the story update as I so often feel obligated to do. Well, I stated earlier I have stuff going on. Drama is back in full swing, homework is beginning to pile up (note to non-high schoolers: AP Calc is hell), and there's a good chance that I may end up getting a job to help pay for a school trip I have signed up to go on next summer (Greece, Italy, and Spain FTW!).

Even with that, I have had some down time, but I always seem to run into the same problem. I know what I want to do for future chapters (some of my plans are quite interesting), but when it comes to writing the upcoming chapter, I get stuck. I'm trying to focus on the next chapter as much as I can, but I promise it won't be too much longer.

Yawn...Sorry, just a little tired. I've had to get up ealier than usual due to the darn dog waking up at the crack of dawn. So until next time...

*Leaves plate of cookies out for everyone until next chapter is up*

kasmeargy

This is my first time reading a fan fic, and I'm glad I started with a good one like this. I saw the link in your sig a long time ago, soon after I joined, but I never bothered to read it until now.

Overall, I like the similarity to the basic plot of the games, as well as the small differences you put in.

Although one thing that slightly bothers me is the "start by rescuing an electric type." It's part of that similarities thing I mentioned, but...I don't know. It just kind of irks me.

Interested in what Zach saw. Can't wait for chapter 8.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I'm looking forward for the next chapter!
*eats 5 cookies*

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Wow...I wonder what will happen next...
*puts one toasted marshmallow on top of cookie*

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Yah...I've learned that now....

anyway, I can't wait for the next chapter!
*eats all the cookies so no one can have any at all*
Ha,Ha

PokemonHero

I can see the future
@kasmeargy: Well I'm honored that you chose mine as your first fan fic. I figured that the link in my sig would attract people to the story. Although I'm a little confused about the complaint, since Ralts isn't an Electric-type. Unless you are referring to the mission being a younger sibling asking the protagonists to rescue the older sibling, then I could see what you are complaining about. Truthfully, I hit a little dead spot when it came to creating the mission. Oh, and don't worry about Chapter 8.

@TurtwigFan1: Well, I've got good news for you then. *Starts cleaning up mess*

@sweet_piplup123: Hmm...very interesting combination. I'm might try that sometime.

@cbiesra: I think that I've learned that as well. At least the Browns were able to beat the Giants. Things haven't gone well for the Ravens since I made my own little comment. *Replaces empty plate with new plate of cookies* What? You thought I only made one batch?

Finally, there is good news: Chapter 8 is finished. *Cue victory music, confetti, and all that other good stuff* Yes, after much work and distractions, I've finished. And I have come up with a solution for me to get chapters done faster. I have dedicated an entire school notebook to writing up outlines for my fan fics. All I have to say is that it really does help.

That doesn't mean I'll have the next chapter up tomorrow (though I do have the day off and will get started ASAP). I still have distractions with such things as drama (off topic: the play is going well; I'm the villian :D). And there is also the possibility that I will be getting a job soon. Why? Well, it's somewhat for college, but it's more about helping me pay for a two-week trip to Greece, Italy, and Spain this summer!

Now am I forgetting something...? Right, the new chapter. Let's go ahead and post that. As per usual, all comments and suggestions are appreciated.

So without futher ado, it is time for:

Chapter 8: Taking Care of Business

Oh crap…

Zach looked over toward the spot where the fountain once stood. Water still gurgled up from the ground below, though not in the same impressive manner as before. The creature simply walked through the water as if it weren’t even there. He was large, or at least large when compared to Zach. His body was covered in a hard exoskeleton of brown rock. He walked on two legs, and his two arm-like appendages ended like scythes. His blood-red eyes were focused on one thing only: Zach.

“Why…” he rasped in a gravelly voice. “Why have you trespassed here?”

“T-t-trespassed?” stuttered Zach as he slowly backed up to where the rest of the team stood. He could see that everyone else was nervous, so he attempted to regain his own composure. “Who are you?”

“I am Kabutops,” the creature answered, stomping toward his prey. “You have trespassed upon the lands of my ancestors. All the Pokemon here have descended from the original ancient Pokemon.”

“Ancient Pokemon?”

“Correct. Ever since the dawn of time, this place has belonged to my ancestors. We do not appreciate intruders.”

Kabutops looked at his blade, then at Team Twilight. A sinister smile came across his mouth. With the skill and precision of a swordsmaster, he swung his arms at a nearby boulder, slicing it cleanly in half.

Everyone stood there wide-eyed at this display of deadly weaponry. “Dang…” Bulbasaur said in amazement, sharing the sentiment of the entire group.

“And now you will be punished for you trespassing.” With little warning, he charged toward the group, brandishing his scythes. Everyone turned to run away. Zach tried to run, but for some reason, he couldn’t move. His legs felt like they were filled with cement.

Eevee noticed Zach’s state. “Zach, you’ve got to move!” she yelled at him, trying to snap him out of whatever state was holding him down. But no matter how much Zach told his legs to move, they wouldn’t respond. He could only stare at the incoming attacker and brace for the inevitable attack. He shut his eyes.

Kabutops brought the blunt side of his blade down hard onto Zach’s head. His knees began to buckle under the strength of the attack. It felt as though his head was going to split in half. Finally, his legs gave out under him, sending Zach crashing face-first into the floor.

Eevee and Bulbasaur watched in terror as their teammate was taken down. They needed to help. Eevee turned to Ralts and Starly. “You two better hide,” she warned them as she took the treasure bag off her shoulder, placing it on the ground. “This could get ugly.” Both Pokemon took heed of her words and took cover in the nearby underbrush.

Meanwhile, Zach was struggling to get back to his feet. His head was absolutely killing him and a small amount of blood trickled from the corner of his mouth down to his chin. He looked to see Kabutops observing him, perhaps slightly bemused by the fact he had taken the hit. Zach wiped the blood off his chin.

“Well, you are certainly a tough one,” Kabutops complimented. “Most of my foes can’t even take one hit.” His eyes narrowed. “But this ends now.”

Kabutops engulfed himself in a twisting torrent of water. Okay, this is bad. A dangerous glint came across Kabutops’ red eyes. Suddenly, he shot toward Zach like a bullet, making it almost impossible for him to dodge. “This is really bad.” He braced for the inevitable impact.

Just then, at the last possible moment, Eevee hurtled over Zach and slammed into Kabutops. Unfortunately for her, Kabutops was much stronger and she ended up taking the brunt of the damage. She was knocked back to the ground, but quickly got back to her feet, ready to continue the fight.

Kabutops looked over toward Eevee, extremely dissatisfied with this interference. He charged toward her, scythes drawn to strike. He was moving so fast that Eevee could only try to find a way to avoid being struck by his attack.

“No, you don’t!”

Bulbasaur stepped forward in front of Zach. Two vines whipped out from the bulb on his back, wrapping around Kabutops’ blades. “Gotcha,” he said, a look of satisfaction on his face.

“Good job, Bulbasaur,” said Zach, impressed with Bulbasaur’s alertness. Without the scythes to deal with, they could attack

“Thanks Za…ack!”

Kabutops yanked on the vines that were binding his blades together. He began spinning around in places, whipping Bulbasaur faster and faster as he picked up velocity.

“I’M…GONNA…BE…SICK…!” Bulbasaur shouted as he past Zach on each rotation. Zach could only watch helplessly as his friend was spun around like he was on a carnival ride from hell.

After five or so spins, Kabutops freed himself from the vines that were binding his blades together. Bulbasaur was thrown into a surprised Zach, sending the two of them sliding across the dungeon floor. They skid to a halt next to the treasure bag.

Kabutops stalked toward where the two Pokemon lay, ready to finish the job. But then, he felt something hit him in the back of his head. “Who threw that?” he demanded angrily. He turned around to find Eevee standing with a small pile of pebbles. She threw another one at Kabutops. He deflected it with one of his scythes. “Why you…” Deciding not to take advantage of Zach and Bulbasaur, he once again turned his focus on Eevee.

“Oh man…” groaned Bulbasaur, still trying to recover from his dizziness.

“Uh…Bulbasaur?”

“Yeah, Zach?”

“Would it be possible if you could perhaps…I don’t know…GET OFF MY BACK!?”

Bulbasaur hadn’t even noticed that he was lying on top of Zach. “Right,” he said somewhat embarrassed. He quickly got back to his feet, though he was far from steady. Zach followed suit in a much smoother manner.

Meanwhile, Eevee was trying her best to avoid being sliced by Kabutops’ scythes. She noticed that Zach and Bulbasaur were back on their feet. “Guys, I could use a little help over here!” she yelled. Kabutops took another swipe at her, but she was just barely able to dodge the incoming attack. “Hurry!”

Bulbasaur regained his equilibrium. “Right then, Razor Leaf!” From beneath his bulb, a large number of leaves were shot out like ninja stars at Kabutops. They were shot out so fast that Zach was sure that there was no way Kabutops could dodge the attack.

But in one swift motion, Kabutops deftly jumped high in the air, easily avoiding the attack. His dodge left Eevee wide open to Bulbasaur’s attack. A sweat drop rolled down the back of Zach’s head. “Aw man…”

“Owowow!” cried Eevee as she took Bulbasaur’s Razor Leaf directly. The sharp leaves left visible marks in her fur, but they didn’t cut into her. “What are you aiming at?” she yelled at Bulbasaur angrily.

“Sorry…” Bulbasaur responded sheepishly. “I guess I was a little off.”

Normally, Zach might have chuckled at this situation. But a more urgent thought took precedent in his mind. Where’s Kabutops? He looked around the dungeon floor. He had seen him jump into the air, but never recalled seeing him land. Where could he have gone? His eyes turned toward the ceiling…

“BULBASAUR, LOOK OUT!”

Kabutops was coming straight down from above Bulbasaur, scythes bared for attack. Bulbasaur still had no clue where the attack was coming from. Zach had to act fast to protect his friend. He charged toward Bulbasaur, concentrating his energy into his right fist. Come on, work. Sure enough, Zach’s fist became engulfed in flames. Yes! Now… He leaped to intercept Kabutops. The collision of fist and scythe was powerful and caused both combatants to recoil.

However, it was clear which of them was in worse shape from the conflict thus far. Zach’s head was still in immense pain and he felt drained. Kabutops, on the other hand, looked as if he hadn’t even taken an attack.

“Humph, pathetic,” Kabutops scoffed at Zach. “Trying to defeat me with Fire-type moves? That is truly sad.” Just like earlier, Kabutops summoned another twisting torrent of water, engulfing himself within. Like a bullet fired from a rifle, Kabutops shot toward Zach at high velocity. The combination of his speed and close proximity to Zach made the attack impossible to avoid. Zach could only brace for impact.

Nothing could have prepared him for what happened next. Kabutops smashed head-on into Zach’s sternum. This time, the pain was different. Before, the pain had been limited to his head. Now, however, his entire body was in agony. His arms and legs almost instantly fell limp as he crashed to the ground. With nothing to stop him, his body slid across the floor until momentum took it no farther. His vision went in and out of focus as he tried to stand. But the pain became too much and he collapsed, unable to continue the fight.

Eevee and Bulbasaur let out cries of shock. “Zach!” They tried to run over to where their friend lay, but Kabutops beat them there.

“Now,” Kabutops boomed triumphantly, “to finish this once and for all!” The fossil Pokemon stood tall over Zach, like a predator who had finally caught an evasive prey. Zach opened his eyes, catching a glimpse of Kabutops’ blade as he raised it above his neck. He gave the appearance of an executioner poised to finish off a prisoner. He brought the blade down…

“NO!”

Suddenly, a large black orb smashed into Kabutops. He let out a groan of pain as the surprise attack sent him tumbling into a nearby pool of water. What the heck? Zach sat up. Nearby, Eevee stood, charging up another large pulsating black orb. Once it was nearly the size of her head, she launched it at Kabutops, who was just getting back to his feet.

This time, though, Kabutops would not be caught by surprise. He countered the orb with a torrent of water, which he shot from his mouth. “Hmm…so you can use Shadow Ball?” Kabutops inquired, slightly surprised. “I certainly wasn’t suspecting this.” He drew his blades in front of him and charged toward her. Eevee stood her ground, ready to fight.

Zach somehow pulled himself to his feet, despite the tremendous pain he felt. He caught sight of Kabutops charging toward Eevee. “Stay away from her!” he shouted. Even though he was a Fire-type, the flame in his body burnt to near unbearable levels. “EMBER!”

He had only planned on using Ember to slow down Kabutops. However, instead of the small balls of flames that he had used to take out the Lileep earlier, a large stream of fire from his mouth at Kabutops, engulfing the predator and halting his attack. Kabutops fell to one knee as the flames receded, gasping for air. “H-how…?” he choked, coughing up small puffs of smoke. He looked to where the flames had come from. “You! You’re…”

“One really peeved Chimchar,” Zach finished, feeling his rage rising to near epic levels. His tail flame was nearly as big as he was, and the flame within his body was burning white-hot. The blood that continued to drip from his mouth gave him a very intimidating presence.

Kabutops had overcome his shock of seeing Zach and charged toward him. Zach glanced over at Eevee and Bulbasaur. Apparently, they had the same idea that he did. Already Eevee was charging up another one of her Shadow Balls and Bulbasaur was carefully taking aim. It’s now or never. Zach took a deep breath. “Let’s go team,” Zach ordered. “Full-power attacks!”

Eevee unleashed her Shadow Ball so that it would intercept Kabutops. Bulbasaur followed suit and fired many razor-sharp leaves at Kabutops as well. Zach exhaled another large stream of flames, completing the trifecta. The attacks converged on Kabutops, causing a tremendous explosion. Smoke filled the floor, sending everyone into fits of coughing.

The smoke finally began to clear, yet all three members of Team Twilight remained silent, staring intently to where they had launched their attacks. The smoke finally dissipated into the air and there, laid spread-eagle on the ground, was Kabutops. Slowly, Team Twilight approached him.

“Is he…you know?” Zach asked, breaking the silence at last.

“No, he’s not dead,” Bulbasaur responded, “just knocked out.” He looked across the room. Starly and Ralts were now crawling out of their hiding places. “I think we’d better be going, before he regains consciousness.”

Zach nodded in agreement. Team Twilight walked to where Starly and Ralts stood waiting for them. Zach reached them first and picked up the Treasure Bag. As he lifted it onto his shoulder, two Oran Berries rolled out of the bag onto the ground. He reached down and picked them up. Looking over to Eevee to see if it was okay, he ate one himself, feeling the energy surge through his body. His aches began to dull, though they still didn’t go away completely.

He started to put the second one back when he heard a groan from across the room. Kabutops was trying to pull himself to his feet. However, it was obvious he was in too much pain to do so.

Zach looked down at the Oran Berry in his hands, and then he threw it toward where Kabutops was laying. Kabutops looked intently between Zach and the Oran Berry. “Go ahead, eat it,” Zach said contently. “It’ll make you feel better.” Zach walked toward the exit, past the looks of shock on the faces of his teammates. “Come on, let’s go.”

Eevee and Bulbasaur looked at each other and nodded. One-by-one, Team Twilight and their wards went up the staircase, toward the promise of warmth. Zach was the last to leave, taking one last glance toward Kabutops, who continued to stare at the Oran Berry with great interest. Finally, with a sigh, he turned and ascended the staircase.

Team Twilight was standing in the center of Treasure Town, two almost identical Ralts standing in front of them. They had hiked back from Drenched Bluff, through another rain shower, and finally arrived back in Treasure Town. Shortly after arriving, Starly left to see Chansey about his hurt wing. He promised to reward them as soon as his wing was healed.

It didn’t take long to reunite Ralts with his sister either; she was waiting nearby Kecleon Market when they arrived. After some hugging and a few tears the two turned back to Team Twilight.

“Thank you so much, Team Twilight,” the younger sister said. “Thank you for saving my brother.”

“It was nothing,” Eevee said happily. “We’re just glad to see you guys together again.”

The younger Ralts reached into her own bag and pulled out a small bundle wrapped in a brownish paper. “This is the reward for saving me,” she said happily, handing it to Zach. “It’s just a few things that I found in our storage area.”

Zach opened the package. Contained in the paper were a few seeds and a strange disc. “Uh…thanks,” he said, looking over the contents with some confusion. He wasn’t used to being rewarded with things like seeds and discs. “You’re too kind.”

“It was the least we could do to thank you,” the older brother said. He turned to his sister. “Come on, let’s go home.” She nodded and, after one more thank you, walked toward the outskirts of town.

As soon as they were a good distance away, Bulbasaur walked up right next to Zach. “So…what did they give us?” he asked curiously. Eevee rolled her eyes as she walked over to see as well.

“Not much,” Zach responded, “just some seeds and this disc.” He showed them the contents of the package.

“Hmm…” Eevee examined the seeds. “I think those are Violent Seeds. They’re used to give your attack a quick boost of power.” She chuckled. “We probably could’ve used a few of those earlier.”

“No way, that’s an Energy Ball TM!” Bulbasaur interrupted excitedly, taking the disc out of the package. “I’ve been looking for one of these.”

“TM? Energy Ball?”

Eevee sighed. “A TM is a disc that contains the knowledge of an attack on it,” she explained. “Certain Pokemon can learn certain moves, like Bulbasaur can learn Energy Ball.”

“Okay, but…”

Bulbasaur ran gleefully in between them. “Come on, let’s see what this move can do,” he said excitedly, pulling on Zach and Eevee. “Come on!”

“Ouch, quit pulling!”

“We’re coming! We’re coming!”

At last, I’ve arrived.

Darkrai stood on the edge of a dark abyss in a dark forest. He was not shy about being out of his shadow form; no one could have followed him. Besides, if he sensed anyone nearby, he would simply melt away, invisible to the untrained eye. His journey back to his Master’s lair had been long and tiring, but he wasn’t complaining. The anticipation of the rewards the Master would reap was more than enough to keep him going.

“It’s time to give him the news he’s been hoping for,” said Darkrai quietly to himself. He withdrew his legs and glided toward the edge of the abyss.

Suddenly, he heard a nearby bush rustle. Someone’s here, he thought to himself. Cursing under his breath, he dissipated into a shadow, taking cover in the shadow of a large tree. He watched his surroundings carefully, trying to locate the intruder.

Just then, a pair of Rattata tumbled out from behind the bush, biting and snarling at one another. A sweat drop rolled down the back of Darkrai’s head. I was worried about that? He sighed and came out from his hiding spot.

The Rattata spotted Darkrai and tried to run. “No, you don’t…” His eyes glowed an ominous shade of violet as he summoned two small black orbs. “Dark Void!” He directed the orbs toward the fleeing trespassers. As soon as they were in range, the orbs engulfed the two Rattata and were absorbed by their bodies. Suddenly, they stopped in their tracks and collapsed to the ground in a deep sleep.

He glided over to check his handywork. The two poor Pokemon were tossing and turning in their sleep, as if being tortured by a nightmare. “Pleasant dreams…” Darkrai whispered as he moved toward the abyss, a smirk hidden on his dark face. Then, without hesitation, Darkrai dove into the abyss.

<End Chapter 8>

Last edited:

SapphireRose

Morning☼Sun
Fwee!!

First reviewer for the first time!! -does a strange dance-

-pops back into seat- Eheheh, sorry about that. -rubs back of neck- ^^;

“Good job, Bulbasaur,” said Zach, impressed with Bulbasaur’s alertness. Without the scythes to deal with, they could attack.

Only mistake I saw.

Anyway, wow. Lots of action in this chapter, I bet it was either really fun for you to write or really boring because you hate writing battles. Boy, I seriously need to choose a side here...

Sorry, I'm quite hyper right now. o.o

Kabutops put up quite a fight, but that is expected, seeing as Kabutops is a high-skilled little Poké there. I have never owned one....

Ehhh, sorry again. Hyperactivity often comes paired with randomness for me...

Too many elipses, makes my head hurt. @_@ The swirleyness.......

Gargh, dangit. Sorry again again!!

Eevee knows Shadow Ball, eh? That's a move on an Eevee I've always liked. Kudos for making me happy. :) Your chapters always make me happy, no matter how foreboding they are.

Speaking of foreboding, it's... dundun dundun!! Darkrai!!!! He seems quite paranoid right now, jumping at measely little Rattata. Those things annoy me...

Anyway, I can't seem to type a paragraph consisting of more than 4 sentences. >.<

Before I go and spam up your thread any farther, I shall take my leave. Kudos on another job well done!

-bows and exits-

~BM

EDIT: Kudos.... I like that word. :D

EDIT2: There was one problem that I saw throughout the chapter and that was that you used the word 'scythes' a lot close together. I get that there really isn't another word to use in place of that... or is there? -goes to check- Nope. Otherwise, you do a really good job!!!!!!

:D again.

Last edited:

Lunar Ho-oh

Beyond Legends
Great chapter! This one is one of the most well-written in this story so far. The action really moved it forward. Again, good job!

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
That Darkrai part was funny ^_^
TM Energy Ball huh...I wonder what move Bulbasaur will replace with?
So Zach is very hyper...well we better watch out...
*Gets a bucket of popcorn out* Anyone?
~sweet_piplup123~

Last edited:

cbiesra

Pedophillia? Naww.>>
Originally posted by PokemonHero
*Replaces empty plate with new plate of cookies* What? You thought I only made one batch
Touche'
*blows up your oven and watches all the readers scramble for the remaining cookies...*

Back to the fic,
Meanwhile, Zach was struggling to get back to his feet. His head was absolutely killing him and a small amount of blood trickled from the corner of his mouth down to his chin. He looked to see Kabutops observing him, perhaps slightly bemused by the fact he had taken the hit. Zach wiped the blood off his chin
That is a word right, or did you mean amused, I think that is a word. Just checking.
Hmm, now I really wonder who's Darkrai's master.
Those poor Ratata...they were only killing each other, why must Darkrai be so cruel
And yay for Zach using that ability when he get's mad!

Noheart

The Abysswalker
“Oh man…” groaned Bulbasaur, still trying to recover from his dizziness.

“Uh…Bulbasaur?”

“Yeah, Zach?”

“Would it be possible if you could perhaps…I don’t know…GET OFF MY BACK!?”

Lol. xD I smirked at this part.

Again, a very well-written chapter. And the Energy Ball TM is interesting.

Keep it up hero. This fic is going very well.