• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Two-Sentence Story Exercise

Misfit Angel

Vengeful Ferret
Ooh, I like this idea. I've come up with a few, most aren't Pokémon related but I'll start with the one that is.

Genre: Pokémon said:
'As you rock back and forth, you still hear it, over and over. Its endlessness is maddening: "I like shorts, they're comfy and easy to wear!"'

Genre: Fantasy said:
'Many brave knights died while trying to rescue the princess from the clutches of the dreaded dragon. Little did they know that the dragon protected her from a far greater evil...'

Genre: Science Fiction said:
'A tangled mess of wires, plates and circuitry were revealed as the doctor peeled the woman's skin away with a scalpel. "I told you that this woman isn't human."'

Genre: Philosophy said:
'Why do I train night and day, you ask, when the land knows only peace? I should ask why you don't, for it is I who will be prepared when the next war begins.'

Genre: Spooky said:
'The orb pulsed with a purple flash as a sharp pain coursed through your heart. For a brief moment, it felt like pointed fingernails were scratching at the base of your neck...'

NebulaDreams

A Dense Irritating Miniature Beast of Burden
Something Pokemon related: 'The Cubone looked at the remains of his mother, everything dusted cleanly off its bones. He stared at the skull for a while, and after he let his memories of his time together with her stew and bubble over, he spat into the skull's orbit and left.'

Something non Pokemon related: 'It takes you a few seconds to process what you're seeing, but when it hits you, you break into a cold sweat. Nothing is unusual at first, but on closer inspection, something is slightly off, like a portrait whose subject is only narrowly out of focus.'

Misfit Angel

Vengeful Ferret
Got a few more:

Genre: Pokémon said:
'Not many people respected coordination as a career or a sport. She set out to change that.'

Genre: Fantasy said:
'For he is brave and bold, clad in gleaming armor of silver and gold. Yet make no mistake, trust him not an ounce, or your life... he will take.'

Genre: Science Fiction said:
'"We come in peace," announced the offworld visitors.
"I didn't," the man said as he raised his shotgun and fired.'

Genre: Philosophy said:
'Of course you don't understand the problems we face in our day to day lives. You live in paradise, walled off from the woes of the world out here.'

Genre: Spooky said:
'The robed man fell over and let out a hacking, bloody cough. "You haven't won... oh the horrors that await..."'