• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ultimate Crossover Fighting Game (and Character Roster)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
With all the hype and success of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I was just thinking... What if there was a video game that starred characters from all video games AND/OR all types of media?

Yes, we've had Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but that only involves Nintendo characters, one Sega character, and one Konami character. There's also been Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but I don't think two franchises is enough.

Though it would take TONS of licensing agreements and all that jazz and be nearly impossible to make, what if it happened? What would YOUR character roster be?

Just pretend that we have no clue which company is making it and no idea as to what console(s) it is being released on.

So, this is the basics for the discussion:

1. What do you think of an ultimate crossover fighting game?
2. What would your character roster be? With all the programming and licensing complications, please try to limit your roster to under 30 characters. They can include video game characters and other media (ex: comic book) characters. (BE REALISTIC)

Since I'm no expert on comic books and whatnot, this would be my solely video game roster:

1. Mario (Nintendo)
2. Link (Nintendo)
3. Pikachu (Nintendo)
4. Donkey Kong (Nintendo)
5. Samus Aran (Nintendo)
6. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega)
7. Ryu (Capcom)
8. Mega Man (Capcom)
9. Chris Redfield (Capcom)
10. Solid Snake (Konami)
11. Simon Belmont (Konami)
12. Master Chief (Microsoft Game Studios)
13. Cloud Strife (Square Enix)
14. Lara Croft (Square Enix)
15. Sub-Zero (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
*16. Duke Nukem (2K Games)
*17. Ezio (Ubisoft)
*18. Kratos (Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.)

* = Unlockable

My picks were based on (A) major video game characters who would (B) fit into a hardcore fighting game. I just can't see Kirby going up against Duke Nukem. Pikachu just wouldn't fit into the modern fighting game scheme. It was really difficult for me to even put Pikachu on there.

But just imagine fights like Duke Nukem vs. Master Chief, Samus Aran vs. Mega Man, and Chris Redfield vs. Kratos... That would be so awesome!

(Reminder: Look at the bolded section for an idea of what to post.)

fhqwhgads

In short, you don't have a high capacity for thought.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Then you'd have to have multiple first-parties sign off on having their characters alongside other first-party characters on other first-party systems.

In short, you don't have a high capacity for thought.

Please note that I said "Though it would take TONS of licensing agreements and all that jazz and be nearly impossible to make". No need for you to be a insensitive prick about it. I bet I have way for "capacity for thought" in my finger than you have in your entire body.

What kind of a person even goes into this kind of thread, sees an imaginative idea, and proceeds to destroy it because it's illogical even though the author already said it was illogical?

That was a pathetic insult, by the way. "Capacity for thought". What does that even mean? That my brain is not large enough? Was that your insult? Because I can assure you that I am ranked 4th in my class, have never gotten lower than an A in my entire life, am the President of the class, and have already received multiple invitations to various colleges, including an Ivy league school.

What have you done with your life? You're probably just some guys in his mid-20s, lurking and posting on forums all day about Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon and your prized stamp collection. Well let me tell you something, buddy. While your sitting in a chair insulting people on the Internet with rude and unintelligent remarks, I am making something with my life, and I will become greater and happier than you could ever think of being.

I'm content with where I'm going with my life. Are you?

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
That's not a quantifier.

Oh, wow, I see. I was trolled. Didn't see that coming.

I would think a "veteran" of this forum such as yourself would be a bit more mature, but I see you're the kind of person who likes to just piss people off and ignore the truth.

And you know what? I really just don't care. Trolling people on the Internet is for people who have no lives. They have nothing to turn to. I hope you that you actually heed my words, because what you are doing is not healthy.

I know what you are. You are weak. Weak and pathetic. I suggest that you straighten up.

I know that you will just respond with another insult or grammatical fix or something else of the sort, but just think about what you are doing and what exactly the purpose is.

Sure, this thread, heck, this entire forum, has no real purpose and does not help our lives, but it's something to just relax and have fun on once in a while. If you find trolling to be fun, fine. Just make sure that your real life is not affected by it. Because that is what matters. Don't shy away from the truth. Accept it and follow it.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Note my signature.

Exactly. And that's why you are and always will be a failure. Your "tough Internet attitude" is not getting you anywhere.

I feel like such a fool arguing with an idiot like you. I just created a thread to discuss some idea that just popped up and it's turned into this bullcrap.

fhqwhgads

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Right, well, unfortunately, you have yet to retort my claim that this is nothing more than a "How many popular game characters can YOU name?" thread.

So, this is the basics for the discussion:

1. What do you think of an ultimate crossover fighting game?
2. What would your character roster be? With all the programming and licensing complications, please try to limit your roster to under 30 characters. They can include video game characters and other media (ex: comic book) characters. (BE REALISTIC)

In the threads that I make, I always lay out and bold a section that clearly states what should be discussed.

Besides, that isn't the point of the thread. It's about being imaginative! Try it once in a while. How about participating in the thread like you are supposed to? I don't care if you make a joke out of it. Let you mind branch out a bit.

Just picture that you could create the ultimate fighting game with your favorite video game and comic book characters. Who would be in it?

fhqwhgads get lost your ruining this topic all he wants to do is create a list of your dream fighter list.

p.s munchlax boy your entire list exept pikachu +
ezio alditore [ubisoft] [assassins creed]
indiana jones [from any games hes in] [lucasarts]
yoda [lucasarts]
jesus -[lol dont hurt me christians casue im one of you]

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
[img139]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/819245/xellos-eats-popcorn-o.gif[/img139]
*munches popcorn*

As fun as the topic could be it pretty much boils down to naming off popular characters. And once someone's been said, that's really about it. Not so good for thread longevity. How about coming up with movesets and fighting styles?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.