• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ultimate Duo! Clemont and Cilan!! (XYZ SP)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
they brought back cilan's theme!! also it was cool seeing a quick flashback of with iris and N.

When did that happen(flashback with N)? I think I missed that

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Fan service, nothing more.

I'm now expecting (if we get one) Serena's special to be her dominating performances.

And having a bright new love of her life: Drew.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
This episode made me realise I had not missed Cilan or is irratating background music popping up multiple times in an episode.

diakyu

Look, there's our Iris cameo. And an N cameo for good measure. Pretty good episode showcasing the strong points of everyone. Animation was weak but I didn't expect much in the first place.

Haunter ゴースト

Confirmed - Ash just doesn't care about his human friends, just Pokemon (and that's debatable considering he never puts them back in his team).

That's not really true or a good comparison.

Presumably in life you've met new groups of friends right? How often do you ever specifically name old friends to new ones. At the most you'll likely say "I had this friend who- etc." but never specifically say there name.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
This was a much better episode than Sycamore's Storytelling Time. The characters' interactions were far more entertaining. Mamoru Miyano, thank you for making me laugh at almost everything that came out of Cilan's mouth. I loved Clemont and Bonnie's reactions to Cilan's...fabulousness. :D

I do like that both Cilan and Clemont remembered Ash's reckless brave deeds, and it made me chuckle that both of them recalled Ash leaping to catch Pikachu. It's just a shame neither of them mentioned the name of their hot-headed, determined friend. At least they introduced themselves to each other (which is more than Brock and Cilan did).

So the whole crisis was brought on by Bonnie channeling her inner Ash, letting her excitement get the best of her, and acting before thinking. :p At least Dedenne was somewhat useful, although really, he should be the one promising to protect his future Trainer, not Bonnie promising to protect him (although that was cute, I will admit).

So, can anyone figure out why Rica Matsumoto and Ikue Ohtani were credited when neither Ash nor Pikachu had a single speaking line? Is it because they appeared in the after-end credits (after the SM preview)?

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
it was cool how at the beginning, after clemont explains his fishing machine, he tells to himself "SCIENCE IS SO AMAZING!"

then bonnie goes "it's not the same without ash...." or something like that.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Looks like Clemont and Cilan make a good team. I was expecting Bonnie to do her running gag like propose a marriage to her brother towards a girl in Clian's presence in this special episode. But, no luck.

Last edited:

Hopeoftheflame

While I wish they would have brought up Ash. I have had friends who knew each other and had no idea that they knew me as well and I had been friends with both of them for a year before they found out. So I am not upset that they did not mention Ash's name to each other especialy because Ash never brought up other past friends to Clement and probably hasn't conacted Cilan. I also enjoyed the episode I thought it was cute fun episode (for filer) before moving on to Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It seemed very odd seeing Cilan again, his thing happening three times again made me realise how annoying and boring BW was.

You're just now realizing this?

Brilliant ,that automatically makes it better than Brock and Dent XD

Not really since Brock was no longer a gym leader when he met Cilan but whatever.

Buuuuut that is a sad confirmation that Ash didnt bother mentioning his old friends.

So in a weird in-universe way XY is still anti continuity because its the only saga where Ash hasnt brought up old friends

It might be the same after Ash leaves Alola as well. I don't see the need for Ash to name each one of his friends to the new ones he meets. For example, Ash will have what, five new friends/classmates now? There will no longer be any continuity needed.

Confirmed - Ash just doesn't care about his human friends, just Pokemon (and that's debatable considering he never puts them back in his team).

This isn't true. There is just no need to name them all anymore since it's such a big list. If that were me, I wouldn't waist my time listing all the friends I've met and traveled with throughout the world.

Did they mention Ash this time? No? What a waste.

Get ready for more of these kinds of specials once the kids in Alola get theirs.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It was a nice episode. So Serena won't get a special? We won't get to see her again?

DatsRight

It was a nice episode. So Serena won't get a special? We won't get to see her again?

Think about it this way, if Serena gets a special now, it will likely be made uniform to the Sun/Moon style, and if they bothered to redesign her for Sun/Moon aesthetics then it gives higher reason they have something else planned for her (even if it's likely just the usual 3-4 episode cameo).

So Iris TECHNICALLY got her XY cameo then. :p

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
How quiet was Bonnie saying 'Satoshi' if Cilan didn't recognize the name? Lol.

DatsRight

This wasn't a bad swan song for XY. I liked how the episode started with the two having an argument over ethics, making the whole 'combine forces' theme more meaningful. I will admit that the airbag prevented crash made the whole thing seem pointless however, like Bonnie could have really died or gotten significantly injured from that? A shame too because this was a far more eventful effort than any of the TR curb stomps or comic relief moments Clemont took part in the rest of the season. Hell it was even more a developed display of his abilities than the Team Flare arc.

Funnily Pokemon rarely appear this episode, even if one pivots the dilemma. Interesting diversion since it shows the two characters just using their human abilities (one thing I admit makes the two stand out, many other characters risk looking dull or talentless if they can't command Pokemon impressively enough, maybe why Clemont frustrates me less than Serena or even Ash despite being the most underplayed). Laugh at how super friendly and high pitched the Eelektross becomes after it is cured.

Side notes: Clemont steals the final XY title card (do other series specials usually have their normal title cards?). Also amusingly XY ends with 'To Be Continued' after all. :p

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

She will most probably get but a little later. She is a very popular female companion after all, so I doubt that the writers would leave her without a special. Actually I was hoping that there would be some mention of Serena in this episode, but sadly there wasn't any.

Last edited: