• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The (un, ssh!)Official Cave Story Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstinence Pistols

Good. It's about a thousand times better than Mario, and that made Nintendo millions of dollars. AND IT'S FREE.
I got to Grasstown before I stopped.

MonkeyX

Crap, I realized I made a big mistake.

I just found out why I could't save curly from dieing, now I think I might start a new file now that I know what to do. How was I supposed to know that I wasn't supposed to get the booster thing? It seems kinda unfair.

Zibdas

not bad

I just found out why I could't save curly from dieing, now I think I might start a new file now that I know what to do. How was I supposed to know that I wasn't supposed to get the booster thing? It seems kinda unfair.
Yeah, I fell for it too. After moping around for a day, I completely wiped my game and went through it all just to saye Curly.
That's an overstatement given that it's a completely different game genre.
♫♪Someone's being negative. ♪♫
But in all reality, I like it quite a bit more than any Mario game to date.
Good. It's about a thousand times better than Mario, and that made Nintendo millions of dollars. AND IT'S FREE.
I got to Grasstown before I stopped.

Glad you like it. :D

Zibdas

not bad
You are comparing the father of video games to...Cave Story. I know Cave Story is very nice. However, that doesn't change the fact the two are COMPLETELY unrelated in all aspects.

Hey, Un0va did, not me.

Okay, let's compare it to...I dunno. Metroid, Megaman....I honestly still think it's better.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Okay, let's compare it to...I dunno. Metroid, Megaman....I honestly think it's better.
Say Cave Story is better than Metroid, I dare you!!

Seriously though, I bought it on WiiWare some time ago, never really bothered much with it. Then I finally started playing it. Very impressed. Kind of annoying that there's all these secrets in which there's very little indication of.

And apparently, it will take the average player a few playthroughs to get the best ending. Luckily, there's a guide in one of the Nintendo Power magazines that tells you how to achieve the best ending.

I'm very much anticipating the 3DS version.

/CL

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
It is a very Guide Dang It thing in itself to get the best ending - at least it's fun to play through again anyway imo. I hate how that scene compels you to go check it out though if you don't know better. =/

Certainly one of my favourite games, Cave Story. Love the music too (found some neat sheet music as well) - would say some of my favourites include Grasstown, Jenka II and Running Hell, and am interested to see how the 3ds version turns out.

Zibdas

not bad
Say Cave Story is better than Metroid, I dare you!!

Seriously though, I bought it on WiiWare some time ago, never really bothered much with it. Then I finally started playing it. Very impressed. Kind of annoying that there's all these secrets in which there's very little indication of.

And apparently, it will take the average player a few playthroughs to get the best ending. Luckily, there's a guide in one of the Nintendo Power magazines that tells you how to achieve the best ending.

I'm very much anticipating the 3DS version.

/CL
Cave Story is very much better than Metroid or Metroid II.

And that's a shame; WiiWare's the worst one.

Also, does anyone have tip for the Blood Stained Sanctuary? I can never escape with enough life.

Can't wait for the 3DS remake. And I got everything right the first time I played through. U jelly?

Zibdas

not bad
What do you guys think the chance of multiplayer content appearing in CS3D?

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
I downloaded this game for PC about a year ago, started playing it, became addicted, got to the point in which you have a certain underwater boss fight, didn't know I was supposed to get a certain item beforehand, and after that restarted my game and couldn't get into it. I hope to get the 3DS version, and get as addicted as I did on my first attempt.

Waldorf

ungrateful
I don't think I'll get the 3DS port, the pixel art was really skilfully drawn and a big part of the game's appeal. plus the character art is ugly as balls.

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
I think I'll stick with my DSiware version for on the go Cave story... BUT, this new version is going to have some areas cut out of the first game!

I DO believe multiplayer would be fun, imagine playiong online, with someone playing Curly, and you playing Quote... or the other way around.

Heck, maybe they could have 4-player Hell races. THAT would be cool. Especially if they made Ballos harder, so you had to work together for that final fight!

theswweet

swweet is awesomme!
Even Misery seems rather minor when compared to the music.
If you haven't heard it yet, go to the official website, and you'll know what I mean.

Sorry for the double post, but I can ASSURE you, this music WON'T be played in the plantation, this is probably just for the title screen, and I think its a bit more epic... sure, I'd prefer the original, but I respect the modernized version... and actually like it.

Also, Cave Story IS a depressing game, when you think about it.

Zibdas

not bad
I think I'll stick with my DSiware version for on the go Cave story... BUT, this new version is going to have some areas cut out of the first game!

I DO believe multiplayer would be fun, imagine playiong online, with someone playing Curly, and you playing Quote... or the other way around.

Heck, maybe they could have 4-player Hell races. THAT would be cool. Especially if they made Ballos harder, so you had to work together for that final fight!
Not sure if they were cut out, but new areas are confirmed nonetheless.

Although I do think the maps woyuld have to be redesigned to have more multiplay functionality, but the bosses would be epic together.
Sorry for the double post, but I can ASSURE you, this music WON'T be played in the plantation, this is probably just for the title screen, and I think its a bit more epic... sure, I'd prefer the original, but I respect the modernized version... and actually like it.

Also, Cave Story IS a depressing game, when you think about it.

Edit button?
Also, some footage was released, with -thankfully- a more chipper theme, more akin to the original.

Now that I think, it is. Wow, can't believe I never realized.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
yeah it looks pretty good better than the original also for those who don't know the squid on the alien badge represents Ikachan a main character for another Pixel game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zCge5OTpM0 for aweseomeness

Last edited:
I quite like the new character designs. I guess they aren't really new though; they never had any in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.