• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing! (463)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
May VS Drew! Rivals Forever!

Travelling through the Kanto region in preperation for his rematch against Brandon, Ash & Co. meet up with May's Rival Drew. May, eager to battle her long time rival, challenges Drew to a Contest Match. However in mid-match, Harley appears. Will the Rivals have an all out battle? Meanwhile, Ash learns about the land of Shinou from Gary and Prof. Oak

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Heracross

Custom User Title
God, did this episode rock.

First off, Shuu does mention Jouto, and it looks as though Harley is going there too, which isn't too surprising. Harley also seemed to want Musashi to come along and participate in contests, but she turned him down because of her obligation to the Rocket-dan, after which he blasts all three of them of for some reason. He also calls her Musa-chan throughout the episode. It's so cute. XD

It seems to me that Haruka will indeed be following both of them, but you should take that with a grain of salt since I don't understand Japanese, and thus 95% of their conversation. From what I did understand, however, Haruka wishes Satoshi luck at the battle pyramid, which would be sort of random if she were going to be there. But that's just my thought. Don't want to be blamed for starting rumors. :x

Also, other highlights include:

-Joi going fangirly over Ookido, Shuu, and Harley and asking them to autograph things.
-We get to see Enishida's eyes... sort of.
-Kasumi special lure - continuity for the ultra-win. Even if it's just a lure. XP
-Joi acting as Lilian for the conest.
-Return of Ookido's haikus. (Not the lectures, mind you.)
-Beautiful instrumental version of Chiisaki Mono.

Overall, it was just awesome. Much more than I expected from this ep. I would type more, but I feel terrible, so I'll leave you guys with some screenshots~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/Enishida_eyes.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/Joi_Lilian.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/RocketDan_Audience.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/Haruka_Shuu_sunset.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/Haruka_Shuu_sunset2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/Harley_Haruka_Shuu.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Misc/Satoshi_Haruka.jpg

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
From what I did understand, however, Haruka wishes Satoshi luck at the battle pyramid, which would be sort of random if she were going to be there.

Heh, but she is going to be there until the Ash Vs. May episode at any rate, so she will be watching Ash's Pyramid match.

Can anyone translate May's lines when Drew mentions Johto? From the pics it looked more like she was wishing Drew farewell rather than wanting to travel along with him.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Drew won, I think their was no third judge (it was Scott, Oak, and Nurse Joy as Lillian)

Gary sent a postcard of Shinou to Ash it seems, and Ash had a flashback we never saw.

~Flareon~

I watched the episode already. It was exciting. So Gary sent a postcard of Shinou to Ash, that's great. I know the judges are only Scott and Oak.
And Drew won the battle, I know May has done her best. So Drew, Harley and Saori are going to Johto, am I right? Maybe Jessie and May will follow them.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
What eyes?

I'll wait to see more pictures until I go in further.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Harley also seemed to want Musashi to come along and participate in contests, but she turned him down because of her obligation to the Rocket-dan, after which he blasts all three of them of for some reason. He also calls her Musa-chan throughout the episode.
That's cute. Does anyone have a shipping for Harley x Jessie. Its also good that Jessie recognizes her obligation to TR because that lots of the time doesnt stop her from doing what she wants.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Scott's eyes, we saw them in his debut episode.

I know but their always closed like Brocks or something. Actually, I never saw his debut episode because the airheads at the NBC station had screwed up.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Holy cheese!, did I just see Harley with no hat? Never noticed how shiny his hair was without his hat. XD

Uh, great episode. Rofl at Nurse Joy going fangirl all over this episode. XD She definately has multiple personalities, I mean look how fast she can change from fangirl to Lillian. TR, Harley, and Ash & co. all sitting next to each other in the crowd? That was really unexpected. Drew's/May's battle was awesome but shorter then I expected. Butterfree is definately a lot stronger then I expected. o_O

Bah, Harley didn't act as flamboyant as he usually does in this episode. (maybe expect near the end of the episode where he said he was going to Johto) ._. Actually turned out nice for once and actually helped without 'evil' intensions. D:

Last edited:
This episode looks cool. I don't know really know the attacks Butterfree and Beautifly were using but they looked cool. Well, if Jessie did say that she'd rather stick with TR than go to Johto then it seems like TR has a chance of staying then huh. I liked the poster for Ash. Glalie's print was definitely noticible, hehe. And Nurse Joy being all fan girlish, got to love it. Overall...good episode, but I'm still wondering about May's choice, leaving or staying?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Am I the only one seeing this ep as just a way to write out May's rivals for next region?

May didn't say anything about wanting to compete with them in Johto. The end of the ep also puts a lot of focus on Ash and May when Oak speaks. Considering there are Super Contests in Shinou, maybe May is staying after all?

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
We'll know in three weeks.

As for the episode itself, why are there contests after the GF? Are they just killing time before the next region?

If May didn't say anything about going to Johto then I guess the Johto reference was so that May can get new rivals when they get to Shinou (especially since Super Contests are slightly different than regular Contests). So hopefully this episode can prove that May and TR have a chance of staying. Anyway, I like the Misty lure and the FIGHT poster. At least we get to see how all of Ash's old pokemon really care for him and how Misty is still remembered in the show. Also, because the title says "rival's forever," maybe it's like how Gary and Ash were rivals but they're paths became different. This could be the same with May and her two important rivals, even if they're paths are different, they'll still be rivals. Again, good episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
May needs to find out there are Contests in Shinou though, and so far she doesn't know that. Hopefully somehow Ash finds out so May has an incentive to stick with him.

Oh, and Team Rocket is staying. Harley blasted TR off because Jessie said she had to stay as part of the organization rather than become a coordinator. Plus, I think she still wants to capture Pikachu. :rolleyes: