• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing! (463)

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Rofl at Harley the Hedgehog.

Shoot me if you must, but I think this episode was another stretched out one. Don't get me wrong, the ideas and the plot were great but it seemed to be...missing something.

It's a shame that Drew and Harley will be leaving, as they're two of my favourite characters (and I may even be as crazy as to say they are my favourite characters). Oh well, I guess we have to move on. And if May leaves, we'll have to move on with that as well. We've got a lot to watch out for as this saga comes to a close, and with some excellent episodes also.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
That episode was mostly confusing. I was a bit annoyed that Gary hasn't changed a bit when he talked to Ash. So much for him turning over a new leaf.

Still, it was great to see May's Skitty and Beautifly again, although I'm not sure if they will stay on May's team.

WaterKrystal

Master Coordinator
I liked this episode, it was pretty entertaining.

- Just seeing/hearing a mention of Misty made me happy in this episode.
- Gary seemed a bit more mature than before, but I guess it was nice seeing Gary again.
- First off, Roselia back to normal, I almost forgot that it was/used to be supersized, lol.
- Shuu's face when Nurse Joy came up to him was hilarious/cute, IMO.
- Nurse Joy, she was crazy, like a fangirl...but even though I didn't know what they were saying, Nurse Joy made me laugh anyways.
- Totally liked the Haruka/Shuu talking on stage part, Shuu trying to assist/help her was nice.
- Harley was cool/surprising in this ep. His movements when Nurse Joy went up to him was hilarious. The little Harley/TR parts were cool.
- Haruka/Shuu battle was so awesome, I think that battle was the one that really kept me entertained, almost more than the GF ones. Butterfree was strong, for some reason ( i don't know why) I wasn't really expecting it to be that strong. It was a great battle for both Shuu and Haruka.
- *squels* I just love that sunset setting, it was so cute. The entire scene with them was nice.
- Harley wanting Jessie to come to Johto was surprising, I wonder why he wanted her to come.

Harley seems to be on friendlier terms with Drew and May in this episode. o.o; Meh, I'll just rewatch all his old eps. 8P
Yeah, I noticed that too, it kinda shocked me...I mean they didn't seem as suspious ( except for Max) atleast I don't think they did as they normally did.

[IMG139]http://images.cjb.net/096e9.gif[/IMG139]
http://images.cjb.net/096e9.gif

I couldn't resist making a .gif of this scene. xD
As soon as I saw that, I first thought of Airbender Harley, lol.

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
Overall the epsiode was entertaining but this is one with a lot of dialogue that would've been nice to know what everyone was saying. One of the question if someone could answer it is if Max suggests that Ash and May battle, with Ash repsonding with his usual enthusiasim but May flat out saying no?

The Drew and May battle was kinda silly imo just do to the fact that she comes off an epic victory against Drew in the GF but flat out gets worked over in this exhibition bout. The combo attacks where nice to see though and at least made the battle interesting.

May staying or going is a 50/50 chance imo. Drew and Harley are gone, if you where going to keep them around you would not even bother mentioning Johto in the first place so thinking otherwise is basically wishful thinking unless the writers are offically crazy. Johto contests could very easily be an excuse to give May new rivals in Shinou. It doesn't mean May herself has to follow them there. So I see really nothing in this episode that makes me say that May is definatly gone. It's just really hard for me to see the writers dumping her character at the peak of her popularity. She got a bigger role in movie 9 and her own ending so it's for me to see the writers replacing her with Hikari rather than just creating something for Hikari to do. Also this episode's placement is kinda off for this to lead to her departure. It would've made more sense to put this after Ash wins the Battle Pyramid when your setting up your character for there next saga whatever that may be. Of course I wouldn't argue with people that May could be going either since there is a lot of good points for that arguement too. I'm leaning on May staying for now though.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
One of the question if someone could answer it is if Max suggests that Ash and May battle, with Ash repsonding with his usual enthusiasim but May flat out saying no?
Yeah Max did suggest that and May did say No. I believe she also said something about Ash's Strength, probably being too good for her and stuff. Ash just says "Haruka" cuz he also notices how disturbed she is and she shouldnt say that.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah Max did suggest that and May did say No. I believe she also said something about Ash's Strength, probably being too good for her and stuff. Ash just says "Haruka" cuz he also notices how disturbed she is and she shouldnt say that.

Kind of makes you wonder why they agree to have a battle with each other a few weeks from now.

Medea

Excalibur
Well, well, well...*dead silence*

12:00am: Read some synopsis.
4:00am: Looked at screenshots.
5:30am: Watch episode.

You know what, I looked forward to this episode for more than just the great Contestshipping and Harley. I had high friggin' expectations about a lot of things. Don't get me wrong, I love Harley and Drew. But when I see Professor Oak, Scott, a mini-Misty lure, and even a flashback of Gary...What do you think comes through Medea's mind. I WANTED TRACEY! That would have been so cool if Tracey was in the same episode as Harley and Drew. *Medea's dreams are shattered again*...Ah life sucks!

Well other than that crap, good episode overall. And now things I would love to point out...

-Great seeing Beautifly and Skitty again.
-In that photo album of Joy's, I finally get to see Harley in a couple of her pictures without his hat. I'm loving that.
-Scott doing a tiny impression of Sukizo...that was funny!
-Thank the great, good Lord that Drew won and that May's baby puke-bucket wasn't in this battle.
-CONTESTSHIPPING! I am a fan and don't make fun. There were just so many cute scenes like when Drew and May were watching the sunset. I hate it when someone has to ruin that for me.

Well that's all for now...toodles!

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Kind of makes you wonder why they agree to have a battle with each other a few weeks from now.
Maybe because the battle with Drew and meeting Harley cheered her up. That or she will battle him one last time before leaving. Hence "Ash vs. May! The Last Battle!!" I would prefer May to stay but this episode did nothing but hint towards her leaving.
However CC you shouldnt be mad that May leaves(if she does). You shouldnt be mad because they are making a decision to make the character happier. Everytime a Misty fan groans about Misty gone you point out that she is happy and is fine being a gym leader which is true. If May leaves it should be just as understandable since May mimicks Ash's battle strategy too much for it to be good for a coordinator and her rivals are all setting off to Johto.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
And it turns out to be a contest too. Maybe a final battle until good-bye?

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Medea said:
But when I see Professor Oak, Scott, a mini-Misty lure, and even a flashback of Gary...What do you think comes through Medea's mind. I WANTED TRACEY! That would have been so cool if Tracey was in the same episode as Harley and Drew. *Medea's dreams are shattered again*...Ah life sucks!
I recall Kenji being mentioned. In one sentence.

Just for reference, Agehunt was using Psychic (saiko kineshisu) and Butterfree used Psybeam (saike kousen), Protect (mamoru) and Razor Wind (kamai tachi). Wakashamo used Fire Spin (honoo nouzu), Sky Uppercut (sukai appaa), and Overheat (ooba hiito) and Roselia was using Petal Dance (hana biranomai), Magical Leaf (majikaru rifu) and Solarbeam (sooraa biimu).

Last edited:

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I think this is May's swan song, now I'm certain of it. People were joking she'd go to Johto and disappear to the ages, and now look---Drew, Harley AND Saori are all going there. Considering that the latter is the coordinator who destroyed May in the final battle of the Grand Festival, and that anyone suffering that kind of defeat would want to even the score, she's gonna follow them.

Might Gary be making a comeback, though? It's pretty certain now Ash is staying. Since Gary sent Ash a postcard of Shinou, it's reasonable to assume he might be there already.

So many possibilities, all to be answered in such short order.....

EDIT: That Nurse Joy is SCARY.

EDIT 2: WTF happened to Harley's hair?

Last edited:
However CC you shouldnt be mad that May leaves(if she does). You shouldnt be mad because they are making a decision to make the character happier. Everytime a Misty fan groans about Misty gone you point out that she is happy and is fine being a gym leader which is true. If May leaves it should be just as understandable since May mimicks Ash's battle strategy too much for it to be good for a coordinator and her rivals are all setting off to Johto.

Trust me when I say that Haruka will be happier with Satoshi-tachi.

I have a question anyways, Has Masato even thought about what he's gonna be doing at all?

Double_Edge

Cool Lander
Hye, I might be missing out alot of information but please, dont flame me, could someone pleas ejust answer a question of mine? i watched a raw of the episode and when Oak gave Ash the picture it sounde dlike they were talking about Shinou. So does this confirm Ash is going to Shinou?

Sorry, if this is a question i should already know the answer too, its just that I havent been keeping up with the anime news. And last I heard, the series has a possibility of Ash and friends leaving and starting over with the new girl.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Gary invited Ash to go to Shinou to see something.

As for Max, no, he hasn't said anything about what he's doing. Most of us imagine he'll just be with May wherever he goes.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Trust me when I say that Haruka will be happier with Satoshi-tachi.

Happier than being able to explore a new region on her own, bogged down by no one, with the chance to compete with her two long time rivals (and new third if Saori WAS mentioned) and become famous on her own?

You're sounding as if your being an AdvancedShipper is clouding your judgment.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
May certainly isn't doing poorly while traveling with Ash.

She came in the Top 4 in the GF, she almost won the entire damn thing! Saori was just an elite, she was very experienced so it's no surprise May lost. Pretty much the same way Robert took down Drew in the Hoenn GF.

Kiori

♥Tea for Two♥
I thought with Robert, Drew was able to take his points down to a half. With Saori, May only damaged a fraction of her bar.

And if you can remember, she's depressed because her battling skills uses more brute force than style. No matter how far May had come on this GF, she's depressed because she's influenced towards Ash's battling skills rather than going on her own skills.

And you were indeed the one who said that May beating Drew that time might not have been a clean victory for her coz Absol was still alive and kicking.