• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing! (463)

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
May certainly isn't doing poorly while traveling with Ash.
Maybe or maybe not. However Scott and Brock both had a conversation about Ash affecting her too much and that her battle style mimicks Ash's style and isnt good for a coordinator to be so offensive. She also lost to Drew in the very same episode and she was using her two best pokemon.

I dont want her to leave but they are leaving alot of hints that could lead to her leaving.

Kabuto

little punks!
This episode is good. We finally get some confirmation Ash is staying because they mentioned him going to Shinou. I really hope Gary plays a bigger part next season (I doubt he'd revert back to his old position as one of the main characters though). May might be going to Johto, which wouldn't bother me too much. Same goes for Drew and Harley. Great characters while they lasted, but we need change. Same thing that happened with Pocket Monsters has to happen to AG. But anyway, I'm hoping the Pyramid is coming soon.

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
Come on May fans!
1. May depressed battling style is too much like Ash's
2. Both rivals going to Johto
3. New girl shown to be in Shinou
All these point to her leaving the group, or the group dismantling and Ash starting alone in Shinou...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Actually, Drew said that she lost so easily because she got too "confident" with her win at the GF and let herself slide.

Rivals going to Johto means little, they can simply be written out. Hikari is also only involved with the legends, so she doesn't interfere with May.

Super Contests + Munchlax + Eevee + popularity implies that May will continue. You cannot forget KAORI's positive remarks about how she wants to work with the show for a long time, either.

KuwabaraTheMan

Thunder Trainer
Shuu and Harley maybe getting a break. It allows Haruka to have new, fresh rivals and Shinou, and the two of them to return later and be very fresh.

Shigeru in Shinou is awesome news. Pretty much confirms Satoshi going there, and Haruka by extension.

The battle was pretty good, although one sided. I really loved the music used in the Haruka/Shuu scene later in the episode, too. And Fangirl Joi-san is awesome, as was Enishida's "Suki desu ne".

charizard trainer #1

Ready to lose???
I was glad to see him acting like his old self. Post-Kanto Shigeru was boring.

Agreed. Gary had flair and a hell of a lot of girls back then.
Anway, Gary in Shinou means he'll have some appearances...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Indeed. This is the best example of a stale character taking a break and becoming "good" again.

Misty became a better character as a Cerulean Gym leader, and Gary (according to that one scene) has his edge back. For god sakes, writers, save Brock's character!

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I thought with Robert, Drew was able to take his points down to a half. With Saori, May only damaged a fraction of her bar.
Technically Saori's should have gone farther down, since the hit with Fire Spin that Combusken made against Pidgeot did absolutely nothing to the bar. Then again, May has had some score rigging in her favor in the past...

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
May certainly isn't doing poorly while traveling with Ash.

She came in the Top 4 in the GF, she almost won the entire damn thing! Saori was just an elite, she was very experienced so it's no surprise May lost. Pretty much the same way Robert took down Drew in the Hoenn GF.
Funny because the conversation in the ep was all about how Ashes influence is bringing her down as a coordinator. One of the main reasons she looks so depressed I presume

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Funny because the conversation in the ep was all about how Ashes influence is bringing her down as a coordinator. One of the main reasons she looks so depressed I presume

ONE conversation, shared between Brock/Scott for less than a minute.

May is depressed because she lost to Saori and doesn't know what to do next about her goal. Losing to Drew again didn't help matters.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Which is BS because coming in the Top 4 is a hell of an accomplishment.

Maybe losing to Drew was another learning experience so now she knows better. Problem solved.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Ooh Cyber's getting angry. I really don't see why your scoffing the idea of her leaving so much. Its not like its confirmed but your acting like its not a distinct possibility

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Please, I'm not angry. :p

I watched the episode again and after Drew leaves and is presumedly heading off to Johto, May simply waves goodbye to him and says she'll get as strong as him again.

Also, when Drew says he's going to Johto when they're staring at the sunset, May looks really sad. That doesn't give me the impression of someone who is jumping first chance she gets to run off to Johto with Drew.

I don't know, her body language and sadness did not seem to imply she's going to follow them.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
I don't know, her body language and sadness did not seem to imply she's going to follow them.
Didn't really seem like she was going to stay much longer if she wants to pursue a goal. Remember in the previous epsiode her reason for being so sad was because she had no goal, but now since Drew beat her and she's heard of Johto hosting contests she actually has something to pursue.

Blue_Lightning8

Moon Prism Power!
Wow, i've heard nothing about Brock. Though i didn't care about Ash staying or not. Ehhh, whatever. I hope that since Gary introduced Shinou to Ash means he'll be there...probably not. Whatever, again. I have nothing to say about May and i extremely don't care bout' Max

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Is this the first time Movie 8 BGM has been used in the anime?

Even if Saori didn't make an appearance, it's good to know that the writers aren't completely abandoning her like they did with Ash's posse of Hoenn League rivals. Animation was great in this episode, though Harley looked a little off in a few poses. Speaking of Harley...

[img139]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4787/vlcsnap391761wl4.png[/img139]

Heracross

Custom User Title
She also could have reacted that way because it put her with such a tough choice to make, knowing that either way she chooses to go, she won't be seeing some of her friends for quite a while. It works both ways.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
But Butterfree ain't letting that happen, as it uses...something that LOOKS like Psychic but doesn't bear its name...to hit Combusken with the PsychicFireGrass thing that the derbis has become

it was Nenriki (Confusion). And yes, a Butterfree finally used it! ^^ We already saw it in the trailer, but still..... 10 friggin' years for the anime to showcase this Pokemon using this move. And it wasn't even a TM or some unusual, high-level move. This is a friggin' low-damage attack that Butterfree learns shortly after evolving (and in later games, immediately after evolving), why couldn't it be used as a staple move? Probably the same reason Satoshi's Hinoarashi never learned Flame Wheel (IOW the writers just suck that way :p). Well, with Butterfree's psychic attacks down, I guess all that's left for me to see is an anime portrayal of Sketch... and maybe one or two other attacks.

at least not until we get translations of the odder bits of the ep(such as the scene with Gary). DX

Shigeru: "Get a hold of yourself, Satoshi-kun!"

Satoshi: "Shi... Shigeru..."

Shigeru: "You won against me. You shouldn't admit defeat."

Satoshi: "I know that."

Shigeru: "That so? So what are you going to do?"

Satoshi: "I'll win. This next time, I'll be sure to..."

Shigeru: "Because you won't choose to stop associating with me, am I right?" [laughs]

I couldn't make out a couple of lines, but this was translated to the best of my ability. Anway, it seems as though the scene in question isn't a flashback. Satoshi and Shigeru never met after their wardrobe change, and I don't recall Satoshi being so distraught over his loss against Hadzuki in the Shirogane Tournament, so it's doubtful Satoshi's looking back on Shigeru giving a pep talk at the time (though, to be fair, the show's riddled with inconsistencies, and it could be easy to overlook such details). Judging from the scenery matching exactly what was in the postcard, I'd say Shigeru and his encouragement was just a figment of Satoshi's imagination.

And if such is the case, then sadly, what was said about Shigeru improving after being gone so long can't exactly be confirmed (and being Satoshi's imagination, he's bound to portray him in a certain way). Nontheless, it was good to see Shigeru not act like his dull Jouto self. Stuff like that makes it sad to see him go. On another note, we have no clue on the Jouto contest situation (god damn, they are really throwing us for a loop until the last minute, aren't they?), but if Haruka's rivals really are leaving the show, then.... god, I'm gonna miss both of them. It's obvious I'd miss Harley (though, I guess people have a point that he could grow stale), and Shuu was actually starting to grow interesting with the Grand Festival (some people say the same thing said about Harley: this would keep him from staling. However, if anything, Shuu was stale when he first appeared, nothing but some monosexual Jouto Shigeru knock-off. He's only begun to grow out of that crap T_T).

I think Noctowl could of used psychic powers to write fight...

Or perhaps that small blue dot above Cyndauil's paws is it's beak.

no, Ookido specifically mentions that he wrote "FIGHT!!" But the blue dot sounds reasonable. Speaking of the sign, I friggin' loved how I noticed Waninoko's prints right off the bat. XD Sadly, those are probably the only prints that show off a Pokemon's personality. Also, about that big green print.... I agree with Juputoru, it looks like Cotoise, but it's too friggin' huge. Also, does this mean he traded back Cotoise for Aipom? Or was this sign, perhaps, made before he fought Jindai's Registeel (and thus, Ookido undermines his pupil's abilities... though, perhaps rightfully so, given that taking down a legendary's certainly no easy task)?

- Ash and Brock seem to be excited when they hear Drew is going to Johto.

they just bring up how nostalgic it is, having been in Jouto before.

...bwhaha. XD

it's true, you know. Kanemaru Jun'ichi does indeed voice both Harley and Sonic the Hedgehog. I wonder if Harley's dash really was a reference to that like Kojiro makes it out to be (I already have a suspicious feeling that this is also why Harley enjoys the usage of Engrish ^^).

Last edited: