• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unbeatable Lightness of Seeing! (463)

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
I like the episode when Meowth and James all dressed up like Jessie and were running around yelling Ninja screams. I doubt very much Ash and buddies will ever recognize any of Team Rocket in disguise. Imagine if they did!

Well actually, Misty did reconise Team Rocket in 'Electric Shock Showdown'

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
One little thing i want to point out: every time Meowth is in disguise, how is it that no one is able to figure out that it isnt who it is when Meowth's height is so damn short?!?! Jessie, maybe. James, a little. But Meowth? Like in that one episode before they get to Petalburg city where Meowth dresses up like May, how could that guy of thought he was the real thing when he is practically a third of May's actual height(maybe half, im not sure).
Well in the Meowth-disguised-as-May part, the guy supposedly had not seen her since she was small, but then he was an obsessed Norman fanboy and thus his judgement is severely impaired.

As for Meowth's human disguises in general, true it is realistically odd no one tends to notice. However, there are real people in the anime world that are about Meowth's height (mostly the really old hag/man stereotypes the group run into occasionally, like Old Man Shuckle whom Brock mistook for a troll). And judging by the comments Brock's brother made about one of Meowth's human disguises (saying he looked "wierd") its possible a lot of people notice but just are too polite to say anything.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Wow, I LOVED this episode. Contestshipping moments by the handful, Harley continues to grow on me, Team Rocket go almost a whole episode with nothing bad happening to them (darn Harley :p ) and I loved them in the judges' disguises, and we get an awesome May/Drew battle. Too bad that Drew handed May's *** to her on a stick with the battle, but at least Beautifly now knows psychic. And yay, I loved seeing Skitty again. :D I liked when May said she had another one of her Harley headaches again. LOL

Overall, 10/10.

Leona

YOU JELLY?
This is my most favourite episode ever!!, Harley & Drew made the most of themselves, and since it was the last episode we see them :(. i loved it so much.

Nyami

Yay! I FINALLY got to see this episode in English!

It still stands that I am a Contestshipper because of this episode. Even when I couldn't understand a word May and Drew said (except for basic things), when I first saw Rivals Forever! (I like the Jp. episode name far better than the dub one) I became one.

Harley creeps me out to a new extent after the whole scene where he uncovers TR's contest judges disguises. The way he was right up in their faces and everything he said...ew. Just ew.

I missed the second half of the battle and the first part of May and Drew's conversation during the sunset because my mom called me and asked me to start prepping things for dinner. Dammit. Of all episodes.

EDIT: I love the fangirl Nurse Joy, too. :)

Last edited:

Rebeccag

The nure joy is brilliant I know what you mean and drews face when she says can you autograph my book is priceless. I also like Rosela coming on her own too ^_^
The poster is cool as well i like the idea of professor oak coming with things to cheer ash up

Knight_Ram

This episodes has got to of been one of my favorites in the series.

May, Drew & Harley all show up and have some battle time.

Ash learned about the Sinnoh Region, nice foreshadow of what to come.
And May then told Ash that she was going to do her own journey in Johto because her rivals were both going to Johto.

The battle between May and Drew made up for what had happened in the Quarter finals against each other. With May losing.

In conclusion, this has got to of been one of my personal favorites in the series showing the audience more information from the new region and May explaining her reasons for wanting to move on to Johto and not joining Ash to Sinnoh.

8.9/10

Last edited:

HelloKitty17

therocketsummer</3
Sweetest episode, ever. It proves that people come a long way and that in May and Drew's "relationship" they started where they could hardly stand each other, and ended on good terms. Cute. =3 I also like how Harley showed up. xD He just has to take away from the sappy moments and make them his. Gonna miss that trio <3

zeno48

Zaker!
I agree with hello kitty 17! great episode and great closure to the best trio and contestshipping.

Why didn't Drew give May a rose?
Mabye 'cause he knows he's fully captured her attention and he doesn't need to give her anymore.
I dunno...

*Contestshipping 4ever!!!!*

Pikustrite

AND I AAAM DEAD.
Contestshippy and Harley moments xDD Harley ruining the mood for everything is just my favorite!! <33 Kewl Battle, and Harley Headaches :] Love this episode!! Some random comments from TR and Harley about May being toast is kinda funny ( My friends laughed at the "All buttered up and burned ... on both sides" part ^^;; )

RxZ

Internet Creator
I loved the battle in this episode... despite the fact that petal dance somehow pwned a firespin doesn't make sense to me. Anyway-
Harley was pretty funny in this. He's such a cool character~
and I liked the shippy moments between D & M.
:]

RxZ

Internet Creator
I loved the battle in this episode... despite the fact that petal dance somehow pwned a firespin doesn't make sense to me. Anyway-
Harley was pretty funny in this. He's such a cool character~
and I liked the shippy moments between D & M.
:]

Snoaz

Guriburu
This is my favourite episode all time, it just got everything. The moments between May and Drew were cute, the disguise of Team Rocket was fabulous, the battle was good, and the gifts Ash got were really nice. Best of all was the post card from Shigeru! The scene where Ash thinks about Gary's reaction is really good, and Gary looks amazing as always in his lab coat ^^

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
I am really getting sick of contests. And I hate how they act like Drew was gone for multiple seasons or something. I don't like this episode.

stop complaining it's better than nothing-_-
i did enjoy this episode, i want to give it a 8/10.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yeah I enjoyed this episode, and even though Misty wasnt in it, I still liked that she got mentioned. :D That was good, and we saw the same present she got for Ash in a future episode.

Such a good start at seeing the birth of May and her Rivals traveling to Johto. I'd love to see more on that in the future.