• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Underdogz

Rhys29

Encore
I have been developing a new team based around setting up what I call a BellyBro. However, seeing as it is quite difficult to pull off, I have made some changes that will hopefully help me win. I don't like standard, like everyone here, but I have to use them to some extent. My strategy is to lure out the opponents' heavy hitters and them hopefully pick them off one at a time.

dpmfa142.png

Aerodactyl@Leftovers
Jolly, Pressure
204 Hp, 52 Att, 252 Spe
- Protect
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Crunch

This guy is bait number one. I love Pressure Stalling because it can cripple teams. Most see stalling as Taunt weak, however having the fastest OU Taunter gives his Pressure new pier. I needed an attack that could help me wittle through opponents who want to try to oustall me as well, so the 30% defense drop from Crunch would definitely help me there. This may look like a basic staller, however I have a secret plan up my sleeve.

His job is to safely (to some extent) lure out Scizor. He also draws out other power hitters as well. As soon as the opponent sees that I am Pressure stalling, they are going to bring out the big guns. Most realize that Scizor can go first with Bullet Punch and OHKO, so they would send him in once they get frustrated. This is when I pull out my little Magnezone as they either Bullet Punch or SD up. However, they may be suspicious that I have something to counter Scizor, so what I want to do is to take the first turn the switch in to simply: stall. They will think they have the upper hand really, and prepare to take him out. I want to make them comfortable first, so they think they have me. I really just want to scout his first move to see what it is, and if I have a sub up I can just Taunt his sorry *** turn one to make sure he doesn't have any SD's whiles he's there. This is when I switch in Magnezone, and OHKO their sorry ***. He has worked extremely well so far, though he might need some fixing up.

His other job is to draw out Taunters that my team might have problems with, so I can formulate a way to defeat them while attempting to infuriate my opponent more.

dpmfa462.png

Magnezone@Leftovers
Timid, Magnet Pull
92 Hp, 196 Sp.A, 220 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
- Light Screen

Here is my Steel Death Trap, I pull him out once I have a lock on a Steel type. His job is simple: Trap, Destroy, Set Up. This set was specifically designed for Scizor, but I made a quick fix and bumped up it's Sp.A so it can get some extra damage in on the Steel types that aren't x4 weak to Fire. Thunderbolt is the obvious STAB, though there is the thought of Discharge so I could have another option over Thunder Wave, which is meant to cripple pokes who would like to take him down. Light Screen is to protect my party as he switches out and helps his meager Sp.D.

Obviously his main job is to trap and kill Scizor quickly, so to help my two sweepers set up, especially the Slow brother. However, the fact that all other Steel types have a move that can utterly obliterate him makes me need to scout out what set it is before hand, for one can barely be too cautious. I may need him again later, but if I mess up as I bring him in, I would have lost my one chance at taking him out.

dpffa242.png

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold, Natural Cure
116 Hp, 216 Def, 176 Sp.D
- Counter
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled/Wish

No one uses Counter Blissey anymore, and I find it pretty effective at destroying heavy hitters. I kind of designed the EV's myself with just an overall defense plan behind it, so feel free to give suggestions (and if it's standard, please give reason/don't bother). I need Aromatherapy to help my whole team out, especially my sweepers if they get a status early on. Thunder Wave is to cripple a poke coming in, which would actually allow effective scouting and help me prepare for the long run. I am considering Wish > Softboiled simply because it combos amazingly well with Counter. However, I would have to find a substitute for Aromatherapy.

dpffa488.png

Cresselia@Leftovers
Bold, Levitate
92 Hp, 216 Def, 200 Sp.D
- Ice beam
- Charge Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Cresselia is my way to slay Gyarados and Salamence once I have pulled them out of hiding. Ice Beam will help me deal with Salamence and Charge Beam for Gyarados. I am considering giving its Sp.A a little more 'omph' as to OHKO Salamence and deal more damage to Gyarados. It's a basic RstTlker with my EV's. Its pretty much an open pallet, so if you have any suggestions let them fly.

dpmfa237.png

Hitmontop@Leftovers
Adamant, Technician
252 Hp, 180 Def, 76 Sp.D
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace

Kind of an old thing, but I still dig the guy. Mach Punch has better coverage than Scizor's Bullet Punch and he isn't x4 weak to anything. Not to mention Psychic and Flying attacks are anything but common in OU. I made him to be a bulky sweeper, however a CB set could be another option. Bulk Up helps him prepare for the sweep on a crippled opponent or get ready to mop up. Mach Punch is obviously the staple move, as it gets 90 base power. Sucker Punch gives me excellent coverage with MP, so only Heracross and Toxicroak stand in my way. However, I want to take care of this, so a Technician boosted Aerial Ace will deal with these two appropriately and gives me perfect coverage. His job is to mop up at the end of the match if I can pull him out.

-Slowking/Slowbro-
I had originally created this team to help my Slowbro set up, however Slowking is looking just as promising as Bro, so I may use him.

dpmfa080.png

Slowbro@Leftovers
Adamant, Own Tempo
212 Hp, 136 Att, 160 Def
- Belly Drum
- Slack Off
- Aqua Tail
- Zen Headbutt

My infamous BellyBro. I have tweaked the EV's from my original set so he can last longer and pull off the Belly Drum easier. Obvious to say, he comes in on a crippled opponent and proceeds to Belly Drum then Slack Off the damage. This is why I have so much scouting on my team: he is tough to pull off, but effective. This guy blows through most enemies once get gets teh BD off and simply sweeps unprepared teams. Zen Headbutt works redicilously well with Blissey's Thunder Wave since he outruns most everything that is paralyzed. Aqua Tail is the best physical Water move he has, since for some reason he doesn't learn Waterfall. He has many other options such as Avalanch, Earthquake, Focus Punch, etc, so if you have any suggestions bring them up.

~OR~

dpmfa199.png

Slowking@Leftovers
Sassy, Own Tempo
212 Hp, 16 Def, 64 Sp.A, 216 Sp.D
- Curse
- Flamethrower
- Zen Headbutt
- Aqua Tail

The fabled CurseKing. My set does a pretty decent job. Most will laugh at Flamethrower, however it makes it extemely difficult for Skarmory to switch in, since it is 2HKO'd by it and just incase they had hiding, it OHKO's 252 Hp Scizor to kill it as it switches in. After one Curse an Adamant LO Scizor can OHKO with X-Scissor too, so it works quite effectvely in that manor. He simply Curses up and becomes a monsterous tank. I will run more calcs on other Steel types with Flamethrower.

~*~
I want to keep this team original and not use standard crap (to some extent), so please keep that in mind.
CHANGES IN QUESTION:
Blissey: Calm Mind Passing Celebi
Cresselia: Rotom-C
Magnezone: Specs
Hitmontop: 252 Hp, 136 Att, 120 Def
Slowking: Nasty Plot sweeper
Slowbro: Calm Mind tanker

I don't want your thread to die :( So I'll post :)

I think your Counter Bliss is better than CM Celebi, so don't make that change. Why? Because as you said Bliissey will obviously lure physical sweepers to come in on you, letting you T-Wave them, and when they attack you get a relatively easy KO, making your Bro/King sweep easier. (I know you knew that, just wanted to give a reason). I suggest again not to make the changes, but this time with Cress to Rotom-C, since Cress is the closer you can get to a Mence counter. The change of Magnezone to Specs is one of the two changes I agree with. With Specs Magnezone can serve other purposes other than killing Scizor, is not good to have a poke for only one purpose IMO (except for suicide leads). About Hitmon's EVs I won't comment, 'cuz I don't what the hell that does. Now the change I really like, making Slowking a NP sweeper. The real reason (IMO) to use Slowking over Slowbro is NP, since at least in this set that focuses on sweeping, NP is superior than CM.

Sorry for the double post but the PS3 has a limit of how much I can write.

I was left at your last change, making Slowbro a CM tanker. The answer is no, why? Because I like him better and because it needs less time to set up, meaning that you'll sweep faster.

Again I know you knew all that, I only wanted to give my reasons.

Rhys29

Encore
If you like Suicune, then you should like CM Slowbro since it is like the Suicune of UU (though having only one slot used up by Slack Off for healing instead of both Rest and Sleep Talk that is needed for Cune is a nice addition). Curse Slowking does basically the same thing. The point is tankability so that's why I chose those sets in the first place, though your suggestion has been taken into consideration.

My sweepers seem a little too tough to pull off with completely offensive teams, so I think my new Umbreaker would work very well with this team if I cut Magnezone:

dpmfa197.png

Umbreon@Leftovers
Bold, Synchronize
212 Hp, 216 Def, 32 Sp.D, 52 Spe
- Mean Look
- Baton Pass
- Yawn
- Tickle

Yes. Say Taunt weak if you want, I don't care. This set is God in my eyes so far. Umbreon seems to be a one hit wonder with most since Scizor, the number one OU threat can easily take it out. Not this set my friends. Here's a list of things it will not be OHKO'd by:
-LO Scizor's Superpower, X-Scizzor, U-Turn
-Band Scizor's Superpower, X-Scizzor, U-Turn
-Heracross' Megahorn, Close Combat, Brick Break
-Machamp's Dynamic Punch
-LO Jolly Lucario's Close Combat
-Choice Specs Timid Lucario's Aura Sphere
-Choice Specs Timid Gengar's Focus Blast
-LO Adamant Salamence's Outrage
-Choice Band Adamant Salamence's Outrage
-Choice Specs Modest Salamence's Draco Meteor
So he's gonna be tough to OHKO needless to say. Now the main point is to make him intensely difficult to OHKO because his job is to give the opponent one turn, that's it. I can switch him in on a wall that can't do shiz to him and then set up.

The strategy is to swap in on a foe who will obviously have to switch or I know they have a counter to him. I Yawn turn one, which is to put the foe in a hard spot as they switch in. They either have to switch to prevent the Yawn from working or they can attempt a OHKO and switch out. As I have stated earlier, this set is made to be tough to OHKO. My next move is dependant on what they sent out.

If my opponent has sent out what I wanted them to send out, a sweeper, then the Yawn will make them attack or switch and either is fine for me. I will simply use Mean Look to trap whoever is there. If they switch to another sweeper, I will Yawn if I know it can't 2HKO me, I can Tickle away tons of attack if it is a physical sweeper thus crippling their usage, or I can Baton Pass if I am in danger of getting 2HKO'd. If they send out a wall, I can Yawn to sleep them and then proceed to Tickle their defenses to nothingness and switch in a sweeper to set up on them or just pass right away if I know they have nothing to hit one of my sweepers (such as Cresselia usually has no way to stop Scizor).

I got this idea from a history lesson Kingdrom gave me of Wobbuffet. Someone (can't remember who) had made a Wobbuffet that just trapped walls and then proceeded to Tickle away their defenses before sending out a massive physical sweeper to either set up or go to town. This set works in a similar way, however I put the foe to sleep (hopefully) and then get my sweeper out to set himself up to take out whole teams.

The EV's are quite simple; Hp is set to the highest mln, Def hits the highest jump point, Spe is set to outrun Choice Band Machamp so I can Tickle his power away before he can hit me with Dynamic Punch as he falls asleep, and the rest goes into Sp.D (or I can reassign it to Def if I find I need more of it).

What do you all think? The main weakness with this set is that it makes my team quite vulnerable to Choice Band Heracross variants since it packs the power to OHKO my team and outruns Umbreon, so if I make this change I will swap Cresselia for Rotom-H or Rotom-C (who would deal with Swampert if my Blissey can't).

O.O That is simply the best Umbreon set in my life, now that is a good change. The powerful physical sweeper you say that was use in conjunction with Wobbofet was T-Tar, CB T-Tar, to be more precise, with STAB Pursuit to trap enemies, that's a no-brainer. And you say I like Cune, the difference is that Cune is flat-out sexy while Bro isn't. I have two questions, first, what SD Luke uses Jolly? And second, when I was starting here on SPPF, the few sets I gave were Taunt weak and you told me that Taunt would make the set useless, how is your Umbreon different? :( Well three questions, Heracross isn't very common, is it?

Rhys29

Encore
I had forgotten that Luke doesn't run Jolly as much, which is sad for me, but it is still a feat. I am well aware that this set is Taunt weak, however the point is that if something were to come in and Taunt me, it would be switching into a Yawn and would thus fall asleep as it Taunted me, allowing a set up. Heracross isn't too common, however it is a threat that you can keep in mind.

Magnezone, as I have decided, is staying since it is my only real answer to Scizor. I am replacing Cresselia if anything. Umbreon also lures Scizor out, so then Magnezone can OHKO it. I have, however, learned that both Top, Bro, and King will probably not work as well as I intended (especially King) even when given the chance to set up. So instead I am looking at good pokes with sweeping potential that could use a set up. I will edit this post with ideas later.

But wouldn't you be raped by Mence? But you can always revenge kill it with Zone, when it enters Outrage mode that is.
I have however, learned that both Top, Bro, and King
Did you meant Top and Bro or King? You can add Heracross to replace Top, seeing that you has all his weaknesses covered.

Rhys29

Encore
I would re-equip my Blissey with Ice Beam and make it a Wish set, I forgot to mention that. And I meant that all my sweepers would indefinitely fail.

Last edited:
1. Suicune is gay,

2. The kind that outspeeds Adamant Salamence and OHKO's with Ice Punch.

=OOOO HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? Suicune isn't gay, are you in drugs? And I meant that most Lukes are Adamant, not that Luke never runs Jolly. Also most Lukes use Extremspeed and Crunch, instead of Bullet Punch and Ice Punch anyways.

Last edited:
Luke is now running Jolly thanks to Ice Punch, the point I was trying to make. also it means that Gliscors EVing to outspeed Adamant Luke will be Outsped by Jolly and OHKO'ed by +2 Ice Punch.

Also, no I can safely say I am not in drugs at all, also 90% of people would agree with me

Luke is now running Jolly thanks to Ice Punch, the point I was trying to make. also it means that Gliscors EVing to outspeed Adamant Luke will be Outsped by Jolly and OHKO'ed by +2 Ice Punch.

Also, no I can safely say I am not in drugs at all, also 90% of people would agree with me

Ok I'll stop arguing (and spamming Rhys's thread x_x) 'cuz you did made a valid point, but hear mine, some Lukes are using Jolly to outspeed Gliscor, but that doesn't mean that most of them won't be Adamant,