• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Underground

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Did you enjoy the Sinnoh Underground feature in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum? Did you build a Secret Base, spend time excavating items, farm Spheres or snatch flags? Please elaborate your responses.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yep. It's one of my favorite features. Loved farming in the underground for spheres, rare items and building my secret base. Never did a capture the flag thing though, as there was no one around to do that with me.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I like to use it to mine the evolution stones and Fossils. I also find satisfaction whenever I dig up one of the items that prolong weather effects. I mostly ignore Spheres as I have way too many of them that I’ve run out of room to keep any new ones that I’ve found and Shards are meh for me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really enjoyed the Underground area, because there was always something to do down there. Whether it was growing Spheres or just digging up fossils and other items, I thought it was a fun way to pass the time. I just wish that I had had more friends to connect with back in the D/P/Pt days, so that I could've played capture the flag.

MockingJ

Banned
I remember having a big section of the area under Eterna City filled with Spheres that I was growing since that spot was close to my secret base. I remember hating the traps down there though like the ones that required you to blow into the DS microphone.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I really liked this feature. I enjoyed digging for things like Fossils and evolutionary stones. I didn't like the fact you could only make your Secret Base in the Underground, though. I also disliked you had to talk to 32 other players just to encounter Spiritomb, since it has never been that overpowered, not even before the introduction of Fairy type.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
I really liked this feature. I enjoyed digging for things like Fossils and evolutionary stones. I didn't like the fact you could only make your Secret Base in the Underground, though. I also disliked you had to talk to 32 other players just to encounter Spiritomb, since it has never been that overpowered, not even before the introduction of Fairy type.

I agree that that was a rather disappointing limitation, and I also wish that the choice of Secret Base furniture had been better since it seemed to me that Gen III's Secret Bases had better furniture compared to Gen IV's Secret Bases, which is ironic given the strides in quality that Gen IV made in general.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I use to run into traps alot down there and digging for items was never my idea of fun. I only used the underground tunnels beneath Sinnoh to plant spheres and exchange them for decorations.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I loved the Underground, even if I never really had anyone to interact via Wifi. It was a fun way to get stuff

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
I use to run into traps alot down there and digging for items was never my idea of fun. I only used the underground tunnels beneath Sinnoh to plant spheres and exchange them for decorations.

I didn't bother as much with the decorations. In all honesty, it took me ages to figure out that we could bury Spheres in the ground and grow them that way, so for the longest time I didn't have Spheres that were big enough to trade for decorations, anyway.

Dicklaycia

Objectively Better Than You
I never used the Underground with other people, just for Fossils and to acquire Spiritomb. It was more fun than I had remembered, and I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if I played it with others!