1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Underground

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by BTS_fan, Jul 1, 2019.

1. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Banned

Did you enjoy the Sinnoh Underground feature in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum? Did you build a Secret Base, spend time excavating items, farm Spheres or snatch flags? Please elaborate your responses.

2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Yep. It's one of my favorite features. Loved farming in the underground for spheres, rare items and building my secret base. Never did a capture the flag thing though, as there was no one around to do that with me.

3. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

I like to use it to mine the evolution stones and Fossils. I also find satisfaction whenever I dig up one of the items that prolong weather effects. I mostly ignore Spheres as I have way too many of them that I’ve run out of room to keep any new ones that I’ve found and Shards are meh for me.

MockingJ and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I really enjoyed the Underground area, because there was always something to do down there. Whether it was growing Spheres or just digging up fossils and other items, I thought it was a fun way to pass the time. I just wish that I had had more friends to connect with back in the D/P/Pt days, so that I could've played capture the flag.

5. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

I remember having a big section of the area under Eterna City filled with Spheres that I was growing since that spot was close to my secret base. I remember hating the traps down there though like the ones that required you to blow into the DS microphone.

RedBlastoise and Majespectre like this.
  6. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I really liked this feature. I enjoyed digging for things like Fossils and evolutionary stones. I didn't like the fact you could only make your Secret Base in the Underground, though. I also disliked you had to talk to 32 other players just to encounter Spiritomb, since it has never been that overpowered, not even before the introduction of Fairy type.

7. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I agree that that was a rather disappointing limitation, and I also wish that the choice of Secret Base furniture had been better since it seemed to me that Gen III's Secret Bases had better furniture compared to Gen IV's Secret Bases, which is ironic given the strides in quality that Gen IV made in general.

RedBlastoise and Majespectre like this.
  8. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Member

I use to run into traps alot down there and digging for items was never my idea of fun. I only used the underground tunnels beneath Sinnoh to plant spheres and exchange them for decorations.

MockingJ likes this.