• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unluckiest Thing Thats Happened To You In The Battle Frontier

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
I had some horrid luck the other day whilst i was trying to getting 100 straight wins in the battle tower. I was on the 100th battle and down to my choice specs Lucario vs Ursaring. I used Aura Sphere and it fainted, so the breeder sent his last pokemon out which was a Steelix. I thought yay easy kill well yeah i was counting on a quick claw and I got EQd and all over red rover.

Has anyone here ever had some bad luck in the frontier. share you tale of ill fortune.

elite ralf

my 86th streak at the battle tower: infernape's my last, mismagius's the opponent's, and the darn thang uses destiny bond. my 69th streak at the battle arcade: empoleon's my last, electrode's the opponent's, it didn't faint from my poke's hydro pump, leaving I guess 3 HP, and the blasted thang uses mirror coat. the life. >_<

elite ralf

my 86th streak at the battle tower: infernape's my last, mismagius's the opponent's, and the darn thang uses destiny bond. my 69th streak at the battle arcade: empoleon's my last, electrode's the opponent's, it didn't faint from my poke's hydro pump, leaving I guess 3 HP, and the blasted thang uses mirror coat. the life. >_<

Final

I Submit to No One
Battle Tower. Registeel got critted by an Electivire ThunderPunch as I was setting up with Curse so that ruined it, Latias got Paralyzed by that same ThunderPunch and after I took it out, in comes Rhyperior and there goes Latias thanks to Megahorn and my streak which ended at 88.

Da Epic Fail

Pump It!!
Battle Tower: one match before Palmer's rematch. I was down to my last guy, a mixed
Salamence,the guy had his last out, a Dragonite. I go for Draco Meteor, it misses, he uses ice beam, somehow I live it. So I go for another Draco Meteor, it misses AGAIN and he uses dragon dance. Still faster than it and go for another Draco Meteor, it misses a thrid time and I die... not fun.

My first time doing the doubles battle tower on Pearl left me at battle 14 with nothing left but my Torterra against a Drapion.

I can't remember exactly what happened beforehand because it was years ago but the opponent had used Skill Swap and left me against a Drapion with Levitate.

My torterra had Earthquake and Wood Hammer and now Earthquake was useless. I had no choice so I used Wood Hammer and, due to recoil damage, Torterra and Drapion fainted at the same time.

Of course, in the battle tower, if both yours and your opponent's last Pokemon faint at the same time, you lose regardless of which fainted first. So I was frustrated to say the least.

It still really annoys me that if my Pokemon faints due to recoil damage and the opponent faints in the same turn then I lose, yet if the same thing happens to the opponent then I STILL LOSE. How is that fair?

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Battle Fa(g)tory managed a hilarious one on me.

Ojay, my opponent had a Froslass out against my CB Tyranitar. I use Crunch, it misses (I'm guessing Brightpowder here). It uses Hail. I switch out to my Kabutops, Blizzard, crit, it's dead. I switch Tyranitar back in and use Stone Edge. It misses. Frossy starts spamming Destiny Bond, and I eventually hit it and die from DB. Cradily (Toxicstall set) comes in against a Lapras who Quick Claw + Sheer Colds me. The last pokemon would have been a very easy Octillery.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well my worst experience took place in the Battle Hall. I went it for the standard battle with my Electivire that knew Thunderbolt, Brick Break, Giga Impact, and Earthquake. I had accidently chosen to fight a Ghost type rival and I had to fight against a Shedinja. Without a Dark, Ghost, Fire, Rock, or Flying move, I was helpless to beat it and I had to turn off the game and lose my progress.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
You could have picked 'Run' and gotten the loss, y'know. That way you would get a slightly higher streak.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I was at the battle hall on my 100th win I was using Gardevoir and went up against a gallade it did close combat on me though Gardevoir is resisted to fighting and I was about to KO it the next turn, I got a critical hit and lost, worst that's happened to me.

ninetails012

teh wild card
worst thats happend was i was about to face the battle castle brain and thge guy throws out an electrabuzz well i have my floatzel out so i switch to my luxray and the electrabuzz uses thunderbolt dosnt do much damage i decide to crunch him and it uses psycic with a crit hit and luxray faint then thunderbolts my floatzel and i lost my streak...

Battle Arcade in doubles managed one on me.

I was using Jolteon, Electivire, and Gyarados against Skarmory, Empoleon, and Vespiqueen. Then I land on the marker that makes me and the trainer switch pokemon for the round...

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Not another one of these threads... I swear they come up every few weeks.

Anyway, I don't have a worst. Hax happens. Deal with it.

SmartD

One time, at the Battle Hall, I was using Empoleon and I picked Bug, then the trainer sent out Shedinja. I couldn't do anything, so I gave in.

Johto King

2nd gen all the way!
I was on the last trainer before facing tucker the fronteir brain in emrald and lost on the last guy due to a counter ahhh

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Worst was when I was in the Battle Hall, on battle 129, I lost to a Focus Sash Thunder Manectric with my Starmie -__-

Or meeting a Shiny Zigzagoon on Emerald, which I couldn't catch because I didn't have any PokeBalls.

Kotone

Apparently my friend got the WORST of it all. He got hit by 5 critical hits in a row and barely lost beat that.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
@ Lord Scalgon:

Someone worked out the odds for that - it's somewhere beyond one in ten trillion, assuming 'normal' luck. It tends to pop up occasionally in these sorts of discussions, but no-one really has proof that it happened.