• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unofficial Rant about Work Thread

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Have you had a crappy day at work today? Was your boss a total ***? Was the day so long and boring that you swore the flow of time was slowed? Well here`s the thread where you can vent all your anger and you won`t get in trouble! But to be on the safe side don`t be to specific if you choose to mention the name of your workplace. Anyone on Serebii.net could be a co worker or even your boss! So... Don`t be shy! Let it all out!

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Ib4thathappens

Customers are a ***** to deal with, mostly parents.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I don't have a ****ing job! ARGH ME ANGRY!!!!! I hate that I don't have a job, its even worse to have no job then to have a crappy day at work! [/Rant]

Ooooh, warstories thread.
I used to work at this mail-order pharmacy (I won't disclose the name, just in case any of you/your parents go through it). My coworkers were all a bunch of middle-aged women ('cept one dude and the pharmacists), who just complained the entire time about their kids/grandkids. My boss was this older guy (fourties/early fifties-ish) who just gave you that look. He rarely said anything. Say you printed a label off for a bottle of pills and put it on slightly crooked. He would take the bottle back down the line, cross his arms, hold out the bottle, and stare at you over his glasses until you explained what the problem was, and that you would fix it as he stood there. First time he did it to me, I freaked out. It was pretty hilarious, really.

My biggest quip with the place was that I was signed on to do computer work/maintenence, and they shoved me in the back, dispensing and packing, when I had no medical experience what-so-ever. x: I didn't realize that "No experience needed" actually meant "Any monkey can shove pills in a bottle."

Anyways, I was a temp, and when I started there, I had zero work experience and knew absolutely nothing at all about pills, except you took Tylonol when you had a headache. Eight months later, I could tell you pretty much anything about any sort of pill (what it did, the strength, etc), knew the mailing/packing system by heart, maintained all the dispensing/packing computers, did all the running around, and was known throughout the building for never messing up an order my entire time there, and was told that I was an asset to them. I was expecting to be asked about being hired in, but after work one friday, as I was giving my final presentation in my one Photoshop class, the temp agency called and said that I would not be returning to work on Monday, and that was that. I was annoyed at the last-minute/awkward call, butyeah. I hated the job, and loved it all the same, but for my first jaunt into the working world, it was quite the shell-shock. x:

tl;dr: PILLS HERE.

Last edited:

blargin7

Feelin' Burny
I work in a small hotdog place near one of the biggest party colleges in the U.S., and I used to work every weekend on the night shift. Lemme tell ya, even the sober customers can be dumb as bricks.

I have people every day who walk into the store, look up at the vegitarian menu, and question if the vegitarian menu is just a bun with all the condiments. After that they look at the menu that they actually ment to look at, and instead of read the menu to see what's on the dog, they ask the person behind the counter.

They then decide to compleatly ignore the menu and ask if we serve things not even close to being on our menu. I had a guy who's son had ordered, and then asked if we served chicken. Worse, I had a guy trying to order a taco. How do you get "Taco" from "Hotdog"?

After they finally realize that , no, we don't sell taco's or pizza's or chicken, they finally make their order, saying one thing while wanting something compleatly different. If you want a dog with just ketchup, that is not a chicago dog.

After that the customers seem to have a brain, up untill they try to leave by pushing on a pull door.

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Oh man, where to begin. I'll do a summary: I work at a retirement home. At first it was fun but after four years? I hate it now. Especially since the manager is a biatch and totally gives her sister the easiest **** to do, and makes that dumb hoodrat sister of hers be in charge of the rest of us. Yup. It's all bad.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
we need a "rant about school" thread more than this.

OT: Don't have a job, and tbh I'm not looking for one yet. I might get one soon though

My work is the biggest drama high school piece of shit. Filled with the worse kinds of two-faced hypocrites out there. :x

I can't wait till I graduate beauty school and get the hell out of retail.

Karpi

Forever a pirate
I only have a summer job but I just found out that my nemesis is basically getting moved up...

Like she needs a bigger ego. I plan to do bad things to her, like hiding a dead fish in her car.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
we need a "rant about school" thread more than this.

OT: Don't have a job, and tbh I'm not looking for one yet. I might get one soon though

That's a great idea! It might do better! Okay! Henceforth! You can also rant about school!

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
That's a great idea! It might do better! Okay! Henceforth! You can also rant about school!

May want to change the thread title then.

On Topic - I don't have a job yet, but I just applied for one at Rita's. I'm sure I'll be back to rant about the customers.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I work in fast food, and its annoying when the customers expect to be treated like royalty. I work at Wendys on like the border of the ghetto, and i cant help but laugh, and get angry at the same time when a customer asks "is dem fries be freash?" Cause unless theyve just come out of the fryer, theyre not good enough for our ghetto customers. I could go on, but i'll do that later.

7420Cola

Shelgon Rocks
I have no job but little kids at grocery stores who cry about this or that makes me mad.

koosbane

master breeder
I am glad I have a job lets just start there. But! I can't frickin stand that my managers decide instead of punishing people who do something they aren't supposed to, they make up new ways to enforce an existing policy! Oh joy, so now our job is more difficult than it needs be.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Against my better judgement I'm going to watch the first episode of the Pokemon Black and White anime while clocked in at work today! Hopefully my boss decides to stay home and go skiing today instead of worrying about the buisness. ( Life is to short sir!!! Live today! Worry about work on Monday!!!)

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I'm on a two week work experience with school at the moment, so I'm just going to go ahead and assume that it counts.

I've just finished the first week, and I did not realise how time consuming, tiring and boring work it xD I'm a solicitors, and when I go to court its really interesting, but for the past two days I've been doing the same filling job for 7 hours, and its doing my head it. My coworkers are really nice though, and let me go early sometimes :D
Just as a side-topic, they all hate their boss - when he's not around they come down to reception specifically just to ***** about him/ Makes me lol ^^

Nick_Walrus

I have no major complaints... I am a cashier at Home Depot and often I work the lumber department register and at night it gets so dead and so slow.

Everything else is fairly okay.