• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unofficial Star Fox Discussion Thread

ShadowKitsune

Care to Battle?
Yep. You all knew it was coming. Here we can talk about all the games. That means Star Fox (SNES); Star Fox 2 (if you know anything about it, you can share here. SNES); Star Fox 64 (N64); Star Fox: Adventures (GCN); and Star Fox: Assault (GCN).

So then....let's get underway.

*Cuts opening ribbon with Scizor*
*plays Numa-Numa*

And not just about the games, you can also RP a little here. And talk about how you feel about the different characters.

Dr. Zafs

Grrr... Bite Me...
heh well i only have assault... but it was pretty cool. Single player was kinda lame but multiplayer is great.
*does the Numa-Numa dance*

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
I do have Starfox Adventures (GCN). Man, it's a great game! My average of how long I played this game is 19-21 hours. This game is completly different from Assualt (which I don't have). This game is pretty much of Action/Adventure.
I also have Starfox 64, but it's nothing compared to Assualt. I have yet to complete this game.

Infinity

Gone...
The reason why Ad is so different than the other versions is because Rare was instructed to change the main character to Fox instead of Sabre. Sabre looked a lot like Fox, so you can see the problem there. After that game though Rare broke from Nintendo and is now a part of Microsoft.

Assault was meh in my opinion, multiplayer is cool, but I don't have anyone to play with. The scripting was pretty weak too, they swore in the Japanese version I heard and they took out two bonus games. I was a bit peeved at that.

I'm afraid though we will probably not see a game like SF/SF:64 again from this series, since it is now following a thicker plotine.

ShadowKitsune

Care to Battle?
Yeah... 64 was a good one; loved the story and backround of it. I haven't played the original since I was..what? 6, 7 years old?

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
I had an idea for Nintendo Revolution... Star Fox MMORPG. It could be a whole universe!!!

Bulk

Smile Guy said:
I had an idea for Nintendo Revolution... Star Fox MMORPG. It could be a whole universe!!!
Now that would be rather sweet...

Star Fox 64 was my favorite. Adventures was alright but too different in my opinion. Assult was ok, certainly a step in the right direction but WAY too short and didn't have the alternative ways to beat the game like in 64. Never played Star Fox but wasn't Star Fox 64 just a revamp?

On Star Fox MMORPG, I can picture it now. You get to design your own character from any animal, chose a home world. set up your own teams either working for or against the federation. You could even bump into Fox/Wolf and his team. Go to Dinosaur Planet and make the dinosaurs REALLY extinct. Hell, even take on Adross. You could also customise your Arwing/whatever you want and have dogfights in space. Could even join a fleet of other users and take on another fleet in entire wars. Or simply just open a store in Cornera which sells mushroom. There could also be hidden cameos of other Nintendo games. This game would rule!!!

ShadowKitsune

Care to Battle?
Cameos would make it interesting. Like if there was a warp like say at the Asteroid Belt that took you to Hyrule? Nice. Link as a member of Star Fox... and Ganondorf a member of Star Wolf...nice.

TeddiUrsa

StarFox 64 ( or Lylat Wars ^^) is the best StarFox game ever. The best levels, the best system.

The Indipendence Day ripp-off level was sweet, as were the landmaster levels. The replay value was great was well with the multiple ways and the pint system which went hand to hand with it.

Starfox (or airwing) was good as well, but seemed a bit cold and emotionless to me..maybe because the SNES isn´t the best system for this type of game and the Super FX chip graphic wasn´t my taste.

Adventures was a bad Zelda ripp-off with great visuals...I don´t really like it...

And assault..oh..oh..assault...-.- The walking mission...why are they even in there? The airwing levels were great..but there were like 2 or 3 of them. The story was blatant...they should name the enemies "Borg" from the start....and starwolf was horrible OoC.
The whole landmissions ruined the game as well as the fact that you can´t choose levels..the game hasn´t even a replay value to me.

Lylat Wars/StarFox 64 is the best starfox game, hands down...I´d liek to see another game like it

Naetoru & Stitch

Sending out an S.O.S
I like Star Fox 64 and Assult. Adventures was O.K., but it took out most of the meaning to Star Fox IMO.

ShadowKitsune

Care to Battle?
That "Independence Day" level was Katina. One of my favorites. Except when the mothership comes and lets out all those Invader 2's. Least favorite? Titania. Only cause you have to go there to rescue Slippy's butt from Goras. They say he's a guy but...eh....not so sure...he sound a little better in Assault, but meh.

TeddiUrsa

I dislike the new voices ^^;

Macbeth is one of my all time favourites, the landmaster rocks. Zoness is cool as well. I like its dity atmosphere
Least favourite...mh.. Sector Z...it just gets on my nerves to shot down the missles ^^; It´s pretty hard as well.

Have you ever had so many points taht general pepper doesn´t say his usual "blablabla a high bill, but It was worth it" ( something liek that ^^") but just creeps out? ^^

STAR FOX 64 IS MY FAVORITE GAME OF ALL! WAHOO!!

Okay,

Corneria:pretty boring imo but since I play it so often, it is not much of a surprise.

Meteo:My high score on this level is 511! The boss is easy but I love doing the warp from 1st person mode. Meteo is also fairly difficult in Expert mode.

Sector Y:I love the boss loads. it is a great dog fight.

Fortuna:A really easy and boring level. I like the bomb glitch though.

Katina:One of my favorite levels in the game. I love the independance day relationship, Bill is a great character and I love it how you feel like you are in a war.

Aquas:One of the most messed up levels in history. YOu can barely see, the exploding starfish are a pain, and you have to seemingly constantly barrel roll after the checkpoint. I love battling Bacoon though. It is so exciting, even though it takes ages (but that just adds to the fun!)

Sector X: A variable level. Originally Bill was going to be put on this level, but he was moved to Katina because the Star Wolf team were originally going to be put on Sector Z (along with the missiles) and if Bill went to Sector Z, you would have an unfair advantage of 5 vs. 4. The boss on this level is boring though.

Solar: A ridiculously fun level, but the medal is really hard unless Bill is with you. The bio-weapon is great.

Zoness:I love this level because of Katt mainly. katt has the personlaity which Star Fox 64 lacks. Zoness is rather gothic, but when Katt comes it all brightens up. And Zoness is very chaotic. I like chaotic levels.

Titania: A boring level and you have to be teriible at the game to go to this level. You have to fail on Fortuna or Katina, then fail on Sector X. I like the boss though.

Macbeth: A great level. Again, because of Katt mainly. It is also short but the boss is fun. I know someone who got 511 on this level but I can never get more than about 200.

Sector Z: This is probably one of the most hated levels in gaming history, but it is my favorite level. SECTOR Z IS MY FAVORITE LEVEL.

1)It is chaotic
2)It is hard
3)It is short (minus the cutscenes)
4)katt is there somethimes
5)For once the teammates help you (although that is bad when you want a medal)
6)It was famous enough to make Super Smash Bros. and have a multiplayer mode stage.
7)Everyone else hates it

I love it when Katt comes in the nick of time and helps shoot down a missile with none other than Falco Lombardi!! It took me ages to actually accomplish the level at first though. imo this level would have been better with 10 missiles and the star wold team. Then the medal could be 150!

Bolse:Another chaotic level. Star Wolf, the statllite, the energy towers, etc. A fun all reange level. Sadly, most of your team will die if the whole of the Star Wold team are there. This is not good for Venom.

Area 6:A level that I can get 511 on! I like the boss, and there is a sense of desparation from the allies and the enemy. The music is fantastic too.

Venom: The all-range mode level is quite boring. The scrolling one is REALLY hard on expert mode. I like the pre-boss on venom. Andross just does not fit in with the other bosses.

pharaohguy530

The one and only.
Star Fox! Whoo!
Anyways.....I have Star Fox Adventures and Star Fox: Assualt.
I beat Assualt but not Adventures. Favorite character is Wolf. Favorite ship is Wolfen.

TeddiUrsa

SHUCKLE MAN said:
STAR FOX 64 IS MY FAVORITE GAME OF ALL! WAHOO!!

Sector Z: This is probably one of the most hated levels in gaming history, but it is my favorite level. SECTOR Z IS MY FAVORITE LEVEL.

1)It is chaotic
2)It is hard
3)It is short (minus the cutscenes)
4)katt is there somethimes
5)For once the teammates help you (although that is bad when you want a medal)
6)It was famous enough to make Super Smash Bros. and have a multiplayer mode stage.
7)Everyone else hates it

I love it when Katt comes in the nick of time and helps shoot down a missile with none other than Falco Lombardi!! It took me ages to actually accomplish the level at first though. imo this level would have been better with 10 missiles and the star wold team. Then the medal could be 150!

the main reason I dislike this level is that it is too short and you have to react really fast or you fail. I mean, I like hard levels, but the whole missle-thing got on my nerves. I think many people didn´t even get there in the first place and where frustrated hoow hard it is.

Getting the medal there is hard as hell as well, not because it is too hard, but because your "friends" steal your points all the time...-.-

I bet you´ve got all medals on every mode as well, shuckle man? ^^

Oh, and I don´t see the reason for the multiplayer to be spiltted in 4 pieces even if two players are playing...

anyway, Starfox 64 hasone of the best replay values for sure

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
Starfox 64 was waaaay to easy. Adventures is my favourite (haven't played Assault). I got really pi**ed off at it when I couldn't do the test of fear but I eventually conquered my fears and finished it, thrice.

How was Assault by the way?

ShadowKitsune

Care to Battle?
Assault is good. Here are some spoilers.

[SPOIL]
When you fight Andrew on Fortuna, the boss is identical to Andross on Venom.
[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]
You join forces with Star Wolf on Corneria and fight a possesed General Pepper.
[/SPOIL]

TeddiUrsa said:
the main reason I dislike this level is that it is too short and you have to react really fast or you fail. I mean, I like hard levels, but the whole missle-thing got on my nerves. I think many people didn´t even get there in the first place and where frustrated hoow hard it is.

Getting the medal there is hard as hell as well, not because it is too hard, but because your "friends" steal your points all the time...-.-

I bet you´ve got all medals on every mode as well, shuckle man? ^^

Oh, and I don´t see the reason for the multiplayer to be spiltted in 4 pieces even if two players are playing...

anyway, Starfox 64 hasone of the best replay values for sure

The funny thing is that I like Sector Z for all the reasons that everyone else hates it. I am rather strange... On the normal mode I got exactly 100 hits and that was with Katt! On Expert mode, it took me a lot longer, but I enjoy the level so I do not care. The only medal that I found really hard was the medal on Solar. Grrr, that was annoying...