• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushie

yeah unova is great and its winter which is my favorite season i do wish that every city/town would snow rather than just certain places i know its a small detail but i love snow

yeah unova is great and its winter which is my favorite season i do wish that every city/town would snow rather than just certain places i know its a small detail but i love snow

It always bugged me how it was western Unova that got hit with all the snow. Since the Pokémon League and Victory Road are the northernmost areas, then logically they should be hit the hardest.

Larry

It always bugged me how it was western Unova that got hit with all the snow. Since the Pokémon League and Victory Road are the northernmost areas, then logically they should be hit the hardest.

If it's based on NYC then all of it should have snow.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

Now that you mention it, having snow on Victory Road would be really cool! You would have to navigate it much differently.

bushie

Now that you mention it, having snow on Victory Road would be really cool! You would have to navigate it much differently.

yeah it would add a whole different aspect to the game not too mentioned a little more replay ability

Grei

not the color
My favorite season is Autumn, even though this game portrays it a little too much like death for my liking.

Also, after months of Black and White, I think my favorite city in Unova is Anville. All in all, I was more disappointed with the cities in Unova after Sinnoh's cities (and how pretty much every city was still relevant beyond your first encounter with it), but Anville had a neat little charm to it, probably because it was totally optional and sort of hidden away from the world. Plus, its music was very nice.

After that, it'd be Castelia, because that city rules.

Cerex

I'm not actually a fan of the Unova region. It's too straight forward, and because of the lack of a VS Seeker there really isn't any reason to venture out again. For all of the new designs there simply isn't much to do. While you in the main story though, the places are really nice.

ThisIsPatrick

Winter is my fav season too mainly because i like snow, ice types and my fav city is covered in snow.....Driftveil.

bushie

mines is iccrius especially when there's a blizzard.to the other blogger you can always battle in nimbasa and besides all regions have the same similarties small town big cities and historical towns and after a while (the game out in march) it is like you said but i do have to agree i expected more from unova battle frontier etc... maybe the 3rd version will add more detail

Grei

not the color
Can I complain for a moment about Black City and White Forest?

I think they're really cool and awesome ideas. They're fun to have... if you play the game fast enough. :/

All these years of playing Pokemon, I've felt slightly guilty for not thinking of my playthroughs as more like journeys, for speeding through without stopping to smell the roses. I always finish my journeys feeling like it ended too quickly, and that nobody would physically be able to travel an entire region, battle hundreds of trainers, save the world, and become champion in a matter of three days. It felt weird moving that quickly.

Then comes along Black and White, which in fact punish you for stopping to smell the roses by stripping down your Black City/White Forest. I will never be happy with the game's mechanic of forcing you to complete the game as quickly as you possibly can in order to have a Black City or White Forest with more than two random people. Plus, it's irritating that it forces you to keep up with your version-specific location every day in order to keep it populated.

If Black and White were to ever be redone, I would suggest that the people added to Black City/White Forest be added by you--have them be random trainers/people you meet in Unova over the course of your travels. Make it a cross between what it is now and something of Sinnoh's Battle Cafe, only you invite people to join.

Then I wouldn't feel like I'm sacrificing one aesthetic for another.

zozo

SLIMED!
If I had to choose a city in Unova to live in, it'd definitely be Nacrene city. That looks like it would be an amazing place to live! So calm and laid back, and surrounded by nature while not being too far from other larger cities. Other than that, I think my favourite place is Village Bridge, though I'm not quite sure it counts as a town. I love the music there!
I agree, it would be nice if there was more incentive to get around and really explore once you finish the story. I just seem to fly between Lacunosa, Striaton, and Nimbasa depending on whether I'm leveling, breeding, or battling. There's really not much reason to go anywhere else.

And I completely agree about the Black City/White Forest areas. I was really looking forward to White forest, but when I got there it was basically empty and useless because I took my time with the main game. Cool idea, but it shouldn't be quite so dependent on interacting with an opposite game cartridge. I really felt shortchanged by that.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
All these years of playing Pokemon, I've felt slightly guilty for not thinking of my playthroughs as more like journeys, for speeding through without stopping to smell the roses. I always finish my journeys feeling like it ended too quickly, and that nobody would physically be able to travel an entire region, battle hundreds of trainers, save the world, and become champion in a matter of three days. It felt weird moving that quickly.

I just want to say that I completely agree with everything you said (not just the part I chose to quote). Ever since I got Pokemon Red as a wee child in 1996, I treated the main story as a journey that I savored for every second. These games were something that I was always careful to explore and enjoy for everything they had to offer, even if it took me 100 hours to complete the main story (which it often does, even to this day). The fact that Black and White encourage you to speed through the story makes me feel like Game Freak doesn't want us to respect the magic and fantasy of an ethereal world that they have created for us. If I'm going to play an adventure video game, then I am going to take in its beauty and wonder, and the art and creativity of the designers. I want to appreciate the fantasy of another world.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Can I complain for a moment about Black City and White Forest?

I think they're really cool and awesome ideas. They're fun to have... if you play the game fast enough. :/

Then comes along Black and White, which in fact punish you for stopping to smell the roses by stripping down your Black City/White Forest. I will never be happy with the game's mechanic of forcing you to complete the game as quickly as you possibly can in order to have a Black City or White Forest with more than two random people. Plus, it's irritating that it forces you to keep up with your version-specific location every day in order to keep it populated.

If Black and White were to ever be redone, I would suggest that the people added to Black City/White Forest be added by you--have them be random trainers/people you meet in Unova over the course of your travels. Make it a cross between what it is now and something of Sinnoh's Battle Cafe, only you invite people to join.

Then I wouldn't feel like I'm sacrificing one aesthetic for another.

I think you might be exaggerating a bit. I forced myself to drag out the story for a little more than a week by doing one badge a day, took nearly another week as a break before heading to White Forest, and it was pretty well populated when I got there. Though I do agree that it's annoying that you're forced to play from time to time just to keep a town populated.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Lacunosa Town is personally my favorite place, crime is even not a problem there, since everyone closes up for the night due to the ancient legends of the Mist, and people dissapearing in it.

Grei

not the color
I just want to say that I completely agree with everything you said (not just the part I chose to quote). Ever since I got Pokemon Red as a wee child in 1996, I treated the main story as a journey that I savored for every second. These games were something that I was always careful to explore and enjoy for everything they had to offer, even if it took me 100 hours to complete the main story (which it often does, even to this day). The fact that Black and White encourage you to speed through the story makes me feel like Game Freak doesn't want us to respect the magic and fantasy of an ethereal world that they have created for us. If I'm going to play an adventure video game, then I am going to take in its beauty and wonder, and the art and creativity of the designers. I want to appreciate the fantasy of another world.

Exactly. It's irritating that we're given a time restraint.

I think you might be exaggerating a bit. I forced myself to drag out the story for a little more than a week by doing one badge a day, took nearly another week as a break before heading to White Forest, and it was pretty well populated when I got there. Though I do agree that it's annoying that you're forced to play from time to time just to keep a town populated.

Well, I'm not sure if time is the only factor in determining your Black City/White Forest population, but it's the mere inclusion of a time restriction for your journey that makes it irritating. Every moment you spend exploring the aesthetics of an area or talking with random townies could be the moment that determines having another person in that town/forest. I, being a perfectionist, would rather have a full town/forest, but don't want to feel like a clock is running out as I journey to that town/forest.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
what do you guys think of the cave on route 9? i think it might be where an event where be held

BCVM22

We've been privy to every tiny detail of the game's code since it was released. There's no data for an event in Challenger's Cave.

There's Keldeo's event in the Moor of Icirrus, Meloetta's event in Castelia City and Genesect's event on Route 18. That's it, though that's not to say they couldn't use the Cave for something more significant in any potential future reuses of the Unova template.

Status
Not open for further replies.