• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been bothered by Challenger's Cave for some time now. There's a few trainers, a few new wild Pokémon, and a small handful of items. There's no challenge to the place whatsoever. No special signifigance to its existence at all. In other words, I don't see the point of it even being there in the first place.

I've been bothered by Challenger's Cave for some time now. There's a few trainers, a few new wild Pokémon, and a small handful of items. There's no challenge to the place whatsoever. No special signifigance to its existence at all. In other words, I don't see the point of it even being there in the first place.

Ya I agree. Although I also feel the same about the musical hall

Grei

not the color

Me too. When I heard about it, it made me think of Cerulean Cave. Having gone through it, I gained a few random items... and a Lickitung. It wasn't even much of a challenge.

With the fact that it's referenced by Cobalion (or something; there's some sort of Legendary story that mentions Challenger's Cave, I thought), I feel like it has a ton of potential in the future, but right now it just seems so... blase.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Challenger's Cave was dissapointing. It could have had a decent legendary/good pokemon in it but they put nothing of any major value in it.

The most annying place in the region wellspring cave. I use it for def ev training with rogonrola but when ever I go there they disappear and when I used it for speed training againest woobat they never showed up.

Other then that I liked the region but it could have been bigger.

Mesarin

The use of pass powers for trainer card upgrade kinda suprasses me..and to be honest bugs me.

The use of pass powers for trainer card upgrade kinda suprasses me..and to be honest bugs me.

Really? I kinda like the ×2 Exp boosts that come from Pass Powers.

Yeah, what the hell is the point of challenges cave? I get that there's one trainer that took me like 6 tries to beat, but there's nothing really rewarding to go there for.

Grei

not the color
Yeah, what the hell is the point of challenges cave? I get that there's one trainer that took me like 6 tries to beat, but there's nothing really rewarding to go there for.

Here's to hoping that Grey gives it more purpose. Hey, maybe it'll be reworked into the Battle Frontier. (...)

Actually, that would be pretty interesting

So, new topic...
What area do you guys think you could improve upon? Like, was there any area--city, route, landmark--that you expected to have something, and it didn't?

For example, I expected Castelia's "Battle... Corporate Building" to have more than just two floors, and for each floor to go up by about ten levels. When that janitor told me that the battles will get challenging, and with the Hyper Potion being an item on one level, I expected that he meant that this place was more of a "come back when you're ready to challenge the next level" place, and it wasn't.

Here's to hoping that Grey gives it more purpose. Hey, maybe it'll be reworked into the Battle Frontier. (...)

Actually, that would be pretty interesting
How could a cave be turned into the battle frontier? If anything they'll use Anville Town or the spot where Black City/White Forest is

So, new topic...
What area do you guys think you could improve upon? Like, was there any area--city, route, landmark--that you expected to have something, and it didn't?.
I was kind of disappointed with Black City/White Forest. It was too small and relied too much on the entralink gimmick. It would have been cooler if it was just an ordinary city/forest

I was kind of disappointed with Black City/White Forest. It was too small and relied too much on the entralink gimmick. It would have been cooler if it was just an ordinary city/forest

Their biggest mistake was setting up that stinkin' time limit. It was unnecessary and a general frustration to players.

insert90

Waiting
[/QUOTE]For example, I expected Castelia's "Battle... Corporate Building" to have more than just two floors, and for each floor to go up by about ten levels. When that janitor told me that the battles will get challenging, and with the Hyper Potion being an item on one level, I expected that he meant that this place was more of a "come back when you're ready to challenge the next level" place, and it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that and some other Castellia stuff dissapointed me. I expected the buildings to be more full and to be able to rematch the trainers in them. Althiugh I have to say the seasons were really cool and I liked them more than I thought I would. It would be cool if they could add sun during the summer.

Grei

not the color
How could a cave be turned into the battle frontier? If anything they'll use Anville Town or the spot where Black City/White Forest is

Excavation?

Besides, an underground Battle Frontier would be cool. And if I wanted to really run away with my wishful thinking, they'd include an underground tunnel system similar to the Sinnoh Underground that contained Pokemon, mining opportunities, a secret base, and access to the Battle Frontier post-game

insert90 said:
Yeah, that and some other Castellia stuff dissapointed me. I expected the buildings to be more full and to be able to rematch the trainers

YES
I was very disappointed by this

insert90 said:
in them. Although I have to say the seasons were really cool and I liked them more than I thought I would. It would be cool if they could add sun during the summer.

Definitely. I wondered if weather effects would be a neat inclusion... I think they would be, if it was in specific areas. Not everywhere.
Also, it should randomly rain more often, in more random places. Programming-wise, it can't be that hard to make it randomly rain on some routes.

And more of that cloud-cover effect that Sinnoh's Eterna Forest had. That was really cool.

bushie

i can't hate on challengers cave too much got me a shiny lucario in there besides i do agree it was useless maybe a legend that begins with a k might be in there next installment

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Nimbasa needs more things to do. That place is a ghost town.

Challenger's Cave could definitely be more challenging.

Something I've always wanted though, was a sunny overworld effect. Having a few places in the summer time have strong sunlight during the day would be a really nice addition.

Grei

not the color
Nimbasa needs more things to do. That place is a ghost town.

Challenger's Cave could definitely be more challenging.

Something I've always wanted though, was a sunny overworld effect. Having a few places in the summer time have strong sunlight during the day would be a really nice addition.

I feel like BW would have been a good time to implement that, what with the addition of seasons. Maybe they'll do it in Grey.

Indigoodra

For example, I expected Castelia's "Battle... Corporate Building" to have more than just two floors, and for each floor to go up by about ten levels. When that janitor told me that the battles will get challenging, and with the Hyper Potion being an item on one level, I expected that he meant that this place was more of a "come back when you're ready to challenge the next level" place, and it wasn't.

Oh my god, that place was one of the biggest disappointments in the whole game.

*insert random hope for Grey*

Overall, though, I did like the Unova region albeit not as much as Hoenn, and I'm curious, BCVM22, to see what that Keldeo event is all about. The other events seem rather predictable. :|

BCVM22

and I'm curious, BCVM22, to see what that Keldeo event is all about.

You take your event Keldeo and your captured Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion to the Moor of Icirrus. Keldeo will pop out and a man arrives to tell you the story of Keldeo, the musketeers and the forest fire.

The three will pop out and Keldeo will reunite with the three Pokémon that raised it. The three will teach Keldeo the move Secret Sword, the only way the attack can be learned. They all go back inside and you move on.

What did you find predictable about the other two events?

The Meloetta event is definitely not predictable, but it is probably the most memorable of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.