• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Isshu seems massive, but i'll really miss seeing some of the old pokemon. I never minded Golbat, he gave good EXP. Geodude and Graveler on the other hand were a pain in the ***, but i really want to other old pokemon. Especially Sinnoh pokemon outside their native region....

KanNKeller

I love the variety it offers. All of the different habitats plus seasonal changes.... I can't wait to explore Isshu

UseYourImagination

Pokémon Researcher
Some people have written that they expect the final map to be bigger than the pictures we've seen, but did anybody else notice that even in the new battle subway video you can see a map/directory in the station? There's nowhere new to be revealed with the exception of wherever the plane might go and maybe the Victini event if that's not the small island with the house on it.
On a side-note... I love how so many people complained about how ugly mijumaru was (I wasn't a fan myself) and now it's in countless signatures.

Grei

not the color
No, I think people are just saying it's going to be more fleshed out than it is now. When people say, "The Isshu Region isn't all that big", I don't think they're referring to the size of the landmass, but rather "The Isshu Region doesn't seem to have much to do or explore".

Which, again, will change once we get the finalized map with all of the routes and stuff.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I'm liking the region so far, looks like there will be a lot of different places to explore.

I also like the addition of seasonal changes and that all the Gyms exterior designs are different.

ForteAnly

I like the region because it has a lot to offer. It has bits and pieces of previous regions and expanded on them on more. I really love the season changes.

Samayowa

you amaze me.
Isshu looks promising! It looks diverse in terrain which is a wonderful thing!
I'm very excited to see what secrets and surprises lie within this region...just a few more weeks left!

FuzWuz

The region looks really small, but I do not think that this is a beta map. I think that the region will be pretty big in the games. But on the map it just looks puny. I'm guessing that this is the final region map, and not a beta one.

Grei

not the color
The region looks really small, but I do not think that this is a beta map. I think that the region will be pretty big in the games. But on the map it just looks puny. I'm guessing that this is the final region map, and not a beta one.

Well, the one that Serebii posted was the one on the main site and really isn't the full map.

This is the full one (though probably not the final one).
JP894uVHP3m39iMaEaRC5U632tS8k5Qt.jpg

(If you couldn't tell, I got that image from Famitsu.)

If you Google "Huge Isshu Map", you'll get larger-resolution versions of it, like this.

Serebii, is it possible this image could be posted in the Original Post instead of the one you linked to? (Or perhaps you could link to the larger version...?)

Last edited:

FuzWuz

Well, the one that Serebii posted was the one on the main site and really isn't the full map.

This is the full one (though probably not the final one).
JP894uVHP3m39iMaEaRC5U632tS8k5Qt.jpg

(If you couldn't tell, I got that image from Famitsu.)

If you Google "Huge Isshu Map", you'll get larger-resolution versions of it, like this.

Serebii, is it possible this image could be posted in the Original Post instead of the one you linked to? (Or perhaps you could link to the larger version...?)

Just go to Bulbapedia and go to the Isshu Region page. Click on the first picture at the right. Huge Isshu map.

But it still doesn't do the region any justice. Only buildings here and there. Even though I think that this is the final map... I wanted a fully detailed map like the Diamond and Pearl one.

drl

It's 3rd town after the starting town, right before Hiun City and Sky Arrow Bridge.

Thanks!!!

I like the Isshu Region by just seing on the map but the fact there is few towns worries me.
And where the hell is the pokemon legue? I dont see it on the map.

Grei

not the color
Just go to Bulbapedia and go to the Isshu Region page. Click on the first picture at the right. Huge Isshu map.

But it still doesn't do the region any justice. Only buildings here and there. Even though I think that this is the final map... I wanted a fully detailed map like the Diamond and Pearl one.

We probably will be getting a more detailed one. That's what we mean by "final version" of the Isshu map.

I mean, look at all of the places of interest in the North. There has to be some way to get to them, and it'll likely be routes. I'm positive we're getting more than this.

I do think that map really makes the Isshu region seem big, though.

Cyaeron

Thanks!!!

I like the Isshu Region by just seing on the map but the fact there is few towns worries me.
And where the hell is the pokemon legue? I dont see it on the map.

Don't worry, there are plenty of towns. My estimate based on the map is about 9 or 10, including Hiun City, which I think is perfect. Plus there are other cool areas like the carnival.
And as for the Pokemon league, I was wondering that myself. My guess is that it's the structure in the upper right of the map, built onto the side of the mountain. An ACTUAL plateau for the league!

On a separate note, there don't seem to be many water routes here, not with all the bridges. Will we finally see the end of the Surf HM? Honestly, I hope so. This region is supposed to be technologically more advanced than the others, so there should be opportunities for boat transportation (hence the harbor in Hiun City). Besides, there are bridges everywhere. And there's really no beach areas - notice that most of the land drops off in a cliff-like way to the water.

I have really high hopes for Isshu. ^^ Does anybody know where Black City/White Forest will be on the map?

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Don't worry, there are plenty of towns. My estimate based on the map is about 9 or 10, including Hiun City, which I think is perfect. Plus there are other cool areas like the carnival.
And as for the Pokemon league, I was wondering that myself. My guess is that it's the structure in the upper right of the map, built onto the side of the mountain. An ACTUAL plateau for the league!

On a separate note, there don't seem to be many water routes here, not with all the bridges. Will we finally see the end of the Surf HM? Honestly, I hope so. This region is supposed to be technologically more advanced than the others, so there should be opportunities for boat transportation (hence the harbor in Hiun City). Besides, there are bridges everywhere. And there's really no beach areas - notice that most of the land drops off in a cliff-like way to the water.

I have really high hopes for Isshu. ^^ Does anybody know where Black City/White Forest will be on the map?

I noticed that, too. I wonder, if it is available, how surf would be utilized? Maybe surfable areas within the caves?

edit: Here's the in-game map so you know what I am talking about:

isshumap.jpg

I also noticed that there are no routes to the central structure. Any I deas as to why (based on the in game map)?

Oh and to answer your question, B City/W Forest should be in the top left corner somewhere.

Last edited:

cranberries

I noticed that, too. I wonder, if it is available, how surf would be utilized? Maybe surfable areas within the caves?

I also noticed that there are no routes to the central structure. Any I deas as to why (based on the in game map)?

Oh and to answer your question, B City/W Forest should be in the top left corner somewhere.

Isn't there bridges on the "Big Isshu Map" serbii gave us?

And when you say "top left corner," do you mean above the white "tower of Bable"?

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Isn't there bridges on the "Big Isshu Map" serbii gave us?

And when you say "top left corner," do you mean above the white "tower of Bable"?

Check the map I just posted. You'll see what I am talking about.

Grei

not the color

edit: Here's the in-game map so you know what I am talking about:

isshumap.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's not the in-game map. That's the High Link map, isn't it? High Link doesn't cover the entire region, only a small, Pokeball-shaped sector of it. (Something tells me you enter High Link by teleporting to the center section, where you then enter the whirlwind structure and teleport to a "blip" in the larger circle.)

I mean, look at the girl icon near the bottom-right area. That's the Wi-Fi avatar of the player that you choose (or perhaps the Wi-Fi avatar of another player you're doing a mission with?), why else would it be there?

The actual in-game map (probably called the "Town Map") will include the entire region, not just the innermost area.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.