• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

I'm pretty sure that's not the in-game map. That's the High Link map, isn't it? High Link doesn't cover the entire region, only a small, Pokeball-shaped sector of it. (Something tells me you enter High Link by teleporting to the center section, where you then enter the whirlwind structure and teleport to a "blip" in the larger circle.)

I mean, look at the girl icon near the bottom-right area. That's the Wi-Fi avatar of the player that you choose (or perhaps the Wi-Fi avatar of another player you're doing a mission with?), why else would it be there?

The actual in-game map (probably called the "Town Map") will include the entire region, not just the innermost area.

Wrong.

This is the High Link Area Map:

http://i38.*******.com/28a2ueu.png

The other is the Town Map.

I also noticed that there are no routes to the central structure. Any I deas as to why (based on the in game map)?

Notice there's 2 caves; one on the right side of Raimon City (the fair) and the left side of the traditional/modern city.

Last edited:

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I'm pretty sure that's not the in-game map. That's the High Link map, isn't it? High Link doesn't cover the entire region, only a small, Pokeball-shaped sector of it. (Something tells me you enter High Link by teleporting to the center section, where you then enter the whirlwind structure and teleport to a "blip" in the larger circle.)

I mean, look at the girl icon near the bottom-right area. That's the Wi-Fi avatar of the player that you choose (or perhaps the Wi-Fi avatar of another player you're doing a mission with?), why else would it be there?

The actual in-game map (probably called the "Town Map") will include the entire region, not just the innermost area.

Considering that all the areas (minus the center one) are covered and that all the information I could find about it doesn't link it to the High Link, I am pretty sure this is the in-game map. Most town maps have an icon of the player on it to show where that player is. Although I must admit that particular icon is a little weird.

I just noticed all the little green rings all over the map. Those areas may only be accessible via Fly or some other means other than the main routes. I think I just answered my own question. :)

Last edited:

Sabonea_Masukippa

This isn't the High Link Map. That's this one: http://serebii.net/blackwhite/highlinkmap.png
High-Link is accesses through the centre Pokeball shaped area, but missions and other features can be participated in, in the diamond of cities to the north of Hiun City as seen the that image. The whirlwind structure is actually a tree.

The one you're talking about is being displayed as a function of the C-Gear. The black smiley face is the trainer. The female player icon is another player using C-Gear nearby, showing you where she is in game.

While this is, or is at least derived from, the in-game map, it may not be complete as the High-Link has no access routes to it and neither do some of the green dot point of interests.

Also, notice that the player icon is no where near the yellow "route" markers. As I have said about a dozen times even if the player is surfing on the edge of the land, it clearly shows that (at least in the desert area) you will not be confined to routes in the same way as we have been in previous games.

Sabonea_Masukippa

As Sabonea_Masukippa said, the girl is an icon to show that another player is using the High Link function.

Just for clarity (I'm not trying to be mean or anything) High-link =/= C-Gear=/= PGL/Dream World.

They're three seperate functions that all happen to use some sort of wireless connection.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Nah, I'm not offended.

Looks like I made a mistake, instead of High link, I meant C-gear.

Don't worry - you're not the only one. Many people seem to be getting them confused since they all involve wireless connections.

I still think that the yellow lines on the Town Map (using for lack of a better word - C-Gear map sounds a little pedantic) do not represent the linear path that we might think they do. I think either these are the main routes and that "minor" routes will appear when the map is zoomed in. OR it could be that the region is less linear and that much of the map will be explorable and the yellow lines only mark a very simple and obvious route through the games as a guide.

Grei

not the color
Isn't it still possible that the C-Gear map doesn't correspond completely with the Town Map? I thought C-Gear related to High Link's mission mode thing.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Isn't it still possible that the C-Gear map doesn't correspond completely with the Town Map? I thought C-Gear related to High Link's mission mode thing.

THE C-GEAR

The C-Gear is a new feature within Pokémon Black & White. It sits upon the bottom screen in a similar manner to the Pokétch in Diamond & Pearl and provides a variety of features. You get it in-game after completing a task for Makomo.
Firstly, it is constantly looking for local Wireless, InfraRed and WiFi connections for you to meet with your friends. This feature can be turned off easily enough for those who do not wish to be on the constant lookout
Pass By Mode

While it's on the lookout, if you come near any other person who is playing the game with their C Gear on, you will automatically connect to them and get details on them. You'll get their trainer details on the screen and can also see in realtime how they are doing in battle. For example, if their Pokémon has low Hit Points, it will inform you of it.
Global Link

Within the C Gear, you also have the ability of syncing your game up to the Global Link. This feature will allow you to select a Pokémon to send to the Global Link and will allow you to receive Pokémon as well.

THE HIGH LINK

The High Link is a new feature within Pokémon Black & White which allows you to connect to your friends and walk around the various parts of Isshu. This feature is done over local wireless. This mode is not connectable via the Pokémon Centres but in a special area in Isshu. Here, when you're hosting the High Link, everything looks normal. However, when you're the one joining somebody else's High Link, you enter a version of Isshu that is in monochrome and appear as the multiplayer avatar of your game character.

In the High Link, you can walk around most areas and find your friend. You also get to find numerous support missions for you to complete to get prizes. You can team up with your friends to do these missions and other missions require you to face up against your friends.
It is currently unknown how many missions there are to be able to use or any other extra features brought in.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Well, it's possible they don't completely correspond. However, it still doesn't explain why the hell the player is no where near a route on the map.

C-Gear is a part of the "pass-by" feature. You can do feeling check, battles, trades, and help other players nearby by giving them items using IR, loval connections etc and sits in the bottom screen of the DS. Makomo gives it to the player. It also allows the connection to the Global Link (the dream world etc).

High-Link is a timed mission based mini-game system which allows the player to enter another players game and collect "deru power" and is accessed via the centre island, which has a tree in the middle.

UseYourImagination

Pokémon Researcher
I noticed that, too. I wonder, if it is available, how surf would be utilized? Maybe surfable areas within the caves?

edit: Here's the in-game map so you know what I am talking about:

isshumap.jpg

I also noticed that there are no routes to the central structure. Any I deas as to why (based on the in game map)?

Oh and to answer your question, B City/W Forest should be in the top left corner somewhere.

I don't know how I missed pointing this out considering how many times I've seen that image, but one would be inclined to believe surf will be necessary if you look at the dot in the sea to the east. I don't see any land over there...

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

I don't know how I missed pointing this out considering how many times I've seen that image, but one would be inclined to believe surf will be necessary if you look at the dot in the sea to the east. I don't see any land over there...

I think he/she meant a "visible" route.
There's also that water route that stops in the middle of the sea to the left of Kanoko Town (starting town).

I believe the dot in the sea is an island. Who knows, we'll see till the games come out. :D

Maybe a boat would be a way to access it? Or even less likely, the subway?

DBK

Renegade Trainer

I didn't see that area either. lol that answers that question. :)

Well, it's possible they don't completely correspond. However, it still doesn't explain why the hell the player is no where near a route on the map.

Looking closer at the map, there appears to be a black line connecting the player's icon (the black face) with the route under it, since that line is way darker than the border of that land. It could be that the player icon is treated like a pin on a map instead of the player's face like in previous generations. I also wonder if that icon is white in Pokemon White?

Arjay said:
I think he/she meant a "visible" route.
There's also that water route that stops in the middle of the sea to the left of Kanoko Town (starting town).

If you look at the drawn map, there is an island down there with a structure on it. That's probably where that route goes.

Last edited:

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

If you look at the drawn map, there is an island down there with a structure on it. That's probably where that route goes.

I know, that's what I was talking about in the first part.

There's gotta be something important in that building on the island. Any ideas?

Maybe it's the PokeShifter place?
Pal Park was close to Twinleaf Town... But that's just dumb speculation.. XP

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I know, that's what I was talking about in the first part.

There's gotta be something important in that building on the island. Any ideas?

Maybe it's the PokeShifter place?
Pal Park was close to Twinleaf Town... But that's just dumb speculation.. XP

It looks similar to a mayan temple to me. Perhaps a side quest area for after the E4? Similar to that route that lead to shaymin (rte 26 I believe)?

Furretferret

Mustelidea Might!
Maybe the map only details where the player has been so far? Because there are most likely more routes

Cerex

This might already been public knowledge, I just want confirmation, but is the area in the center of the map that is shaped like a Pokeball where Black City and White Forest will be respective of the game version?

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Maybe the map only details where the player has been so far? Because there are most likely more routes

That's possible, but unlikely considering that one of those places is the E4. You would think that there would be at least one or two more outlying routes before reaching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.