• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furretferret

Mustelidea Might!
Oh, that's the high link! But I see how you got confuesed, it does seem like it could be, but it was confirmed as the high link. And I thought that, but there must be more routes! Maybe it is that zoom in things, it definatly seems likely and with many small routs, we might get more areas to explore!

Last edited:

DBK

Renegade Trainer
This might already been public knowledge, I just want confirmation, but is the area in the center of the map that is shaped like a Pokeball where Black City and White Forest will be respective of the game version?

It was discussed on the previous page and parts of the page your post is on. The center area is for the High Link, The W Forest and B City are in the upper left corner.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The island below Hiun City is where the Liberty Tower is, to catch Victini.

DBK

Renegade Trainer

Ah, so THAT'S the Liberty Tower. Interesting. Thanks for the correction.

Furretferret

Mustelidea Might!
Does anyone one have an idea what the airport on the far left might have to do with the game? Just wondering, because it seems pretty interesting because we have never even seen airplanes in the pokemon world

Sabonea_Masukippa

Does anyone one have an idea what the airport on the far left might have to do with the game? Just wondering, because it seems pretty interesting because we have never even seen airplanes in the pokemon world

Maebi we canz fly to Kantoz?

In other words, no we don't know what it does or what it is form. But, since it is on the map, which is only showing important stuff, it will presumably have some purpose in-game. Whether we actually get to fly in it to anywhere cool is anyone's guess.

EDIT: 19 days until we know all of this for sure. 19 days. 19 days. 19 days. 19 days.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Oh, are you serious? I thought that little lighthouse thing to the east of Hiun City was the Liberty Tower. I guess I was wrong. Hiun City might be the only location in all of Isshu I'm excited to explore. It looks so grand, like everything in the Isshu region revolves around it instead of the other way around. I love port cities in the games too, so Hiun's waterfront is like an added bonus :p

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
http://local-static1.forum-files.fobby.net/forum_attachments/0022/8776/IsshuShangai.png

Found this on another forum. The map its being compared to is shanghai from the side. The similarities are defiantly there, certainly more likely than new york.

There are similarities, definitely. But from what I've seen, Hiun City perfectly matches Lower Manhattan (especially the seaport areas, as well as the Liberty Garden Tower and its respective island, which I see no explanation for in Shanghai theories.) Also, if you look at the Isshu map shown in the Battle Subway preview, there is an offshoot of the right-side landmass that resembles a quarter of Long Island. Finally, the positioning of the Isshu Airport greatly resembles the relationship between Manhattan and the Airport in Newark, New Jersey, and the Sky Arrow Bridge is clearly the Manhattan Bridge.

Lorde

http://local-static1.forum-files.fobby.net/forum_attachments/0022/8776/IsshuShangai.png

Found this on another forum. The map its being compared to is shanghai from the side. The similarities are defiantly there, certainly more likely than new york.

Yeah both areas look similar when compared, but I don't think it means much necessarily. I just think Game Freak went with a generic design when they made Isshu and they probably used some references from big cities like Shanghai and New York City and a bunch of others just combined all the ideas. It would explain a lot like why Isshu looks like a jigsaw puzzle :S

rocky505

I would rather wait until I play the games or at least see better evidence before I can actually decide on where Isshu is. I know there are some people saying that it is both Shanghai and New York but that seems far-fetched to me.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I'm pretty sure that's not the in-game map. That's the High Link map, isn't it? High Link doesn't cover the entire region, only a small, Pokeball-shaped sector of it. (Something tells me you enter High Link by teleporting to the center section, where you then enter the whirlwind structure and teleport to a "blip" in the larger circle.)

I mean, look at the girl icon near the bottom-right area. That's the Wi-Fi avatar of the player that you choose (or perhaps the Wi-Fi avatar of another player you're doing a mission with?), why else would it be there?

The actual in-game map (probably called the "Town Map") will include the entire region, not just the innermost area.
If you look at the map in the subway, yes you can tell that isn't the full map. all the routes are shown. Its blurry, but you can tell it branches off from there. And even in that map, the high link has no route paths.

Lorde

I would rather wait until I play the games or at least see better evidence before I can actually decide on where Isshu is. I know there are some people saying that it is both Shanghai and New York but that seems far-fetched to me.

I agree, I guess we really won't know what real-world region Isshu is based off of until sometime after Pokemon Black and White are released. I mean, when Sinnoh was revealed, it was pretty obvious which real-world region it was based off of (Hokkaido) since that specific area's shape is unique in the world. However, the shape of Isshu is something different. It looks like it could be based off of several locations so in the end, we have some disagreements and arguments :p

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
In relation to the in-game map, I believe that the map starts out showing the yellow dots and their connecting routes, with nothing to the green dots. I think you have to look for routes leading to the green dots and when you find them they appear on the map. Notice in the desert, a route leads to a green area, but no others have routes. In regards to the route west of your Kanoko Town, perhaps it has no western terminus. That's what I'm going on, but I could be totally wrong.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

It was discussed on the previous page and parts of the page your post is on. The center area is for the High Link, The W Forest and B City are in the upper left corner.

The location of White Forest and Black City has not been confirmed. We don't know where it will be. We can assume it's located anywhere the clouds cover, but don't state it as fact, it could possibly not be on the map.

That is not confirmed as well. All we know is that it's on an island, not where the island is on the map.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
If you look at the map in the subway, yes you can tell that isn't the full map. all the routes are shown. Its blurry, but you can tell it branches off from there. And even in that map, the high link has no route paths.

It's still the official in-game map, which is what I was alluding to. :)

The location of White Forest and Black City has not been confirmed. We don't know where it will be. We can assume it's located anywhere the clouds cover, but don't state it as fact, it could possibly not be on the map.

I could have sworn that it was said somewhere that it was going to be in the top left of the map. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait for the game to come out to find it.

That is not confirmed as well. All we know is that it's on an island, not where the island is on the map.

It's on an island near Hiun City. That's the only island near it with a structure on it. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

In relation to the in-game map, I believe that the map starts out showing the yellow dots and their connecting routes, with nothing to the green dots. I think you have to look for routes leading to the green dots and when you find them they appear on the map. Notice in the desert, a route leads to a green area, but no others have routes. In regards to the route west of your Kanoko Town, perhaps it has no western terminus. That's what I'm going on, but I could be totally wrong.

That's what I am tending to believe, too.

Last edited:
I'm not too sure of this region. I get a different vibe from it, compared to previous regions, it seems different, and different further points out it's further away from the previous regions. So far I think my favourite area is Hiun City, simply because of how big it is, and that now we have properly scaled skyscrapers.

V Faction

www.faction.com
I just wish they wouldn't change the style of map so much. The HGSS one took some getting used to and now they want to go with something more detailed in-game? It throws guys like me off our balance.

I'm not too sure of this region. I get a different vibe from it, compared to previous regions, it seems different, and different further points out it's further away from the previous regions. So far I think my favourite area is Hiun City, simply because of how big it is, and that now we have properly scaled skyscrapers.
Of course you should be getting a different vibe, it's a completely new region unlike the others that have come before it.

If you like Hiun City the most, then I think they did their jobs correctly. This is a region which purposely has a centralized hub of commerce and activity. If you try to picture all the important prior cities of past games, what comes to mind? Saffron City, Goldenrod City, Slateport City, and Hearthome City? Hiun City is those places x10, which was probably the design choice from Day 1. It even has the famous Sky Arrow Bridge connecting to it. It has tons of piers, suggesting that boats go in and out of ports all day long. It has hustle and bustle. Clearly their intention was to make Hiun City the focal point of interest for first-timers. Why do you think the first piece of artwork they released was of Hiun City?

Also, here's what I think that place in the lower righthand corner on the islands is:

[IMG139]http://i38.*******.com/206odjr.jpg[/IMG139]

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Holy ****. I just realized something.

Hiun City is New York City.

THE LIBERTY TOWER = STATUE OF LIBERTY

Plus some extra evidence, it just seeems so likely.

Last edited:

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I really hope there is more of isshu then wat we know so far.

I hope that airport has a role like flying you to other parts of isshu that wont be avialble till after you beat the game

Status
Not open for further replies.