1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Unova Region

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Serebii, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη Well-Known Member

I don't know what you mean by "big issue", but we know that the player character will meet with Team Plasma in Karakusa Town (the town after the starting town). They're causing a commotion in the town and making an announcement of some sort to the townspeople.

2. MUSE+.+

MUSE+.+ Member

there's a village in the desert, but not a ghost, cause I see two houses with roofs, windows and even closed doors, but they made it pretty blurry..

3. βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

Yeah, we've noticed.

But I think it's a ghost town, because it's not an official town on the town map. And there's more than 2 houses, there are rundown buildings as well.

And notice that there are 2 weird skull looking objects in the northwest of the desert? Maybe they're our fossil Pokemon? The in-game map even shows that there's a point of interest there! :D

4. Arceus - The Original One

Arceus - The Original One Ruler of Isshu

You meet them in Kakaruso Town or however you spell it, then later on in the ruins north of Kakoruso, with a Munna and Musharna. That's all we know about them. And there's a grunt causing trouble in the Victini event. If they were in Hiun I doubt it would be a mass operation like Team Rocket and Goldenrod.
    And also when you receive the Liberty Ticket from Wi-Fi

5. MUSE+.+

MUSE+.+ Member

stil I think someone lives in those houses, like maybe an old lady for healing or so, cause the battles will be in sandstorm like R/S/E probably..

6. βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

There might be some sort of trainers, like Ninja boys who hide in the abandoned homes. Sounds good to me. :D

7. MUSE+.+

MUSE+.+ Member

yeah, I liked those ninja trio's in sinnoh cause I never learned my pokemon defog cause it was such a crappy HM, and the the ninja's popped out of nowhere!

8. Glue

Glue Snorunt = cool ^o^

I dont like the sound of diagonal paths, does that mean we have to go up then left up then left or right repeatedly? Because that could get annoying.

9. βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

I doubt it's even diagonal, I think it's the way they designed the in-game map.

But, if it is indeed diagonal. They'd change the direction and you will go diagonal while pushing up. :]

It works for Sky Arrow Bridge, one video showed a player going around the circle ramp while still facing up.

10. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Wasn't cycling road in Kanto diagonal in it's original art as well?

11. Glue

Glue Snorunt = cool ^o^

Oh ya I remember that, thats gonna throw me off real bad, but I guess it kind of makes sense.

12. βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

What original art?

The Cycling Road in Kanto was vertical in-games. Some map art has it curved, and some have it straight like FRLG & HGSS's official map art.

But I don't get your point.

-----
    I decided to make a map of what I think the in-game map (as in the overworld) would look like. Sorry for the horrendousness, I used it on paint and on a laptop... >.<

This here shows that it's diagonal. The official map, we know it's exaggerated, because of the number of houses in Kanoko Town.
    http://i56.*******.com/34hcgth.png

And this is my Painting skill on a laptop! XP
    You get out of Lighthouse City then you go left and then up the route. And then you go into a cave and come out the cave and go left and up into the Airport City.

The in-game map is just visual representation and just shows a route connecting point to point.
    http://i56.*******.com/2whhxn9.png

I believe the overworld won't have diagonal routes. The map is just showing point to point, not following the routes. That's what I think

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  13. A_Merry_Snowrunt

A_Merry_Snowrunt Snorunt!

so anything exciting discovered in the Isshu map as of late? And secondly, any sightings for White Forest and Black City anywhere on the map? Also, do you think we could go outside of Isshu since there's an airport rather than the seaport?

14. βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

No... Nothing exciting has been discovered. I guess.

Black City and White Forest is not known where it will be on the map. I'm assuming it's under the clouds, which covers 3 possible cities.

And I would say that it might go out of Isshu. Idk, we'll have to wait. :3

15. PartyPokemon

PartyPokemon L or Kira?

Isshu just might be the best region yet.

16. Sabonea_Masukippa

Sabonea_Masukippa Well-Known Member

After viewing those videos...my golly gosh Isshu looks awesome. Me wanty to play these games now.

17. Sakrey

Sakrey Caring Career

Same here! Isshu landscapes are so diverse, there are so many differences between areas, which confort me in the idea that Isshu is one freaking big region :)

I love you Isshu <3 !

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  18. Lance The Champ

Lance The Champ The Aura Guardian

Isshu region is a revolution! Its awesome and after watching the trailers it has occupied my heart

19. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Yes it was curved in gen 1 and 2 it was slanted in the anime (Which doesn't matter)

20. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

The airport seems not to be a big yellow dot, but that small green one. The spiral tower though, now that's a yellow dot. I think. But yeah, Isshu, holy hell does my heart pound for you, love how awesome it looks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.