• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

I think that before fighting Dento, you'll be asked one more type matchup question, with the correct answer being grass. Therefore, if you answer correctly, you'll battle the grass trainer (Dento) and get the gym badge. But if you answer incorrectly, you'll battle the mock-gym leader of the type you selected and will then have to choose from the remaining two types.

Does that make sense?

Never thought of it like that. Makes perfect sense.

Grei

not the color
I think that before fighting Dento, you'll be asked one more type matchup question, with the correct answer being grass. Therefore, if you answer correctly, you'll battle the grass trainer (Dento) and get the gym badge. But if you answer incorrectly, you'll battle the mock-gym leader of the type you selected and will then have to choose from the remaining two types.

Does that make sense?

That makes sense.

At least now the badge makes sense, what with one guy's hair is red (Fire?) and one guy's hair is blue (Water?). (Or, their hair color just corresponds to the badge colors, not Pokemon typing.)

For some reason, Triple Battles are coming to mind. Maybe your first Gym Challenge is a Triple battle? Or, it's just three separate battles, with the Gym having three Leaders (effectively being a multi-type Gym)?

... or, the Gym Leader you fight is randomized with each copy of the game? I dunno. Since Dento's the one being focused on, I'll go with him being the "true" Gym Leader.

Maybe the puzzle works like this:

Upon completing the first question correctly, the red Fire curtain is lifted and you have to fight the redhead (who uses Fire-types). The redhead goes to wait at the back of the Gym.
Then, you go on to a blue Water curtain, and behind that one is the blue-haired guy (who uses Water-types). The blue-haired guy goes to wait at the back of the Gym.
After that, you go on to lift a green Grass curtain, and you get to challenge Dento.

... this just isn't making much sense...

Grei

not the color
But that doesn't make sense. What is the point of having two people appear after you win a Badge? Once you obtain a Badge, you're done with the Gym.

I still think that the red-head is behind the Fire curtain and the blue-haired guy is behind a hypothetical Water curtain. Maybe they just come up to congratulate you on winning or something (or they just move behind Dento during the battle). I doubt they're alternate Gym Leaders--maybe they're Dento's younger brothers who tend to favor one type of Pokemon.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
But that doesn't make sense. What is the point of having two people appear after you win a Badge? Once you obtain a Badge, you're done with the Gym.

I still think that the red-head is behind the Fire curtain and the blue-haired guy is behind a hypothetical Water curtain. Maybe they just come up to congratulate you on winning or something (or they just move behind Dento during the battle). I doubt they're alternate Gym Leaders--maybe they're Dento's younger brothers who tend to favor one type of Pokemon.

This sounds probable.

From the looks of the gym, you're being tested on type-effectiveness with the three-core types - grass, fire, and water. If you answer correctly then you advance untouched (see: Dento without those behind him). If you answer incorrectly (purposefully or unpurposefully) then the red-headed/blue-headed trainer confronts you to right your "mistake" (for those of us who already know our type's strengths and weaknesses). Now, the reason Dento - the grass gym leader - is /the/ leader is because you're probably able to pick up a solid flying type before the first gym. This way, if you didn't pick the fire starter, the gym itself won't become that much more difficult.

GF seems to be promoting the understanding of type-effectiveness, and they're doing it brilliantly. I'm not bored, at least.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Since when has the word 'Faction' ever belonged to someone who isn't me? :D

I told you this on BMGF mitch, but I'll bring it up here again for the sake on continuity. The balls just might be another design. If I recall correctly, there were some screenshots of other places that might be Gyms that simply had Poke Ball statue pillars instead of the crazily designed one. I don't think there will be more than 8 Gyms just yet.
The pillars were outside though. All gyms we have seen have those on statues in front.

V Faction

www.faction.com
The pillars were outside though. All gyms we have seen have those on statues in front.

And that's all there is to it -- a different design.

Now, I obviously could be wrong, but if that ends up being the case then I see no down side. Who wouldn't want more than 8 Gyms in a game?

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Its a different design for the statues inside, but having a different design in a game were there is a unified symbol is strange. What I meant is, the pillars you were talking about are outside the gym, while these are inside. Major difference, and they play no role to this speculation.

Psikid

仮面の男
I wondered if, perhaps, Dento freaks out when he starts losing and calls in the red- and blue-haired guys as "backup," thus initiating the player's first triple battle.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

I wondered if, perhaps, Dento freaks out when he starts losing and calls in the red- and blue-haired guys as "backup," thus initiating the player's first triple battle.

Nope, you can see that when the player battles Dento, there's nobody behind Dento.
And after the player defeats Dento and is rewarded the gym badge, the 2 guys appear behind him.

Psikid

仮面の男
Nope, you can see that when the player battles Dento, there's nobody behind Dento.
And after the player defeats Dento and is rewarded the gym badge, the 2 guys appear behind him.

...Right, which is precisely why it seems probable that Dento calls them mid-battle to come to his aid. My point was that you would begin fighting only Dento and, once the tide turns against him, he would call in his two friends partway through the battle. The one-on-one would become a triple battle, and you would thus end with all three characters (Dento and his friends) present.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

...Right, which is precisely why it seems probable that Dento calls them mid-battle to come to his aid. My point was that you would begin fighting only Dento and, once the tide turns against him, he would call in his two friends partway through the battle. The one-on-one would become a triple battle, and you would thus end with all three characters (Dento and his friends) present.

You're not thinking.

The two trainers behind Dento appear when you receive the badge from Dento. They're probably there to congratulate you.

It doesn't make sense for Dento to hand you the badge, and then you're forced to battle them.

Grei

not the color
You're not thinking.

The two trainers behind Dento appear when you receive the badge from Dento. They're probably there to congratulate you.

It doesn't make sense for Dento to hand you the badge, and then you're forced to battle them.

No, you're not thinking.

Before you fight Dento, it's just you and Dento standing there.

Psikid is saying, in the middle of the fight with Dento, as in, mid-battle, Dento gets freaked out that he's losing so easily, so he calls his red and blue-haired friends to join in on the match. You then have to beat all three of them in a triple battle, and then you get the badge.

He never said you had to fight them after you get the badge or whatever you're thinking. It'd be like this:

Dento and You, battle starts
You're beating Dento, so he calls up two of his buddies and the match becomes a triple battle
Then, after the battle is over, the screen shifts back to the overworld view.
Since Dento's buddies joined in mid-fight, they are standing there when you are receiving the badge.

Last edited:

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

No, you're not thinking.

Before you fight Dento, it's just you and Dento standing there.

Psikid is saying, in the middle of the fight with Dento, as in, mid-battle, Dento gets freaked out that he's losing so easily, so he calls his red and blue-haired friends to join in on the match. You then have to beat all three of them in a triple battle, and then you get the badge.

He never said you had to fight them after you get the badge or whatever you're thinking. It'd be like this:

Dento and You, battle starts
You're beating Dento, so he calls up two of his buddies and the match becomes a triple battle
Then, after the battle is over, the screen shifts back to the overworld view.
Since Dento's buddies joined in mid-fight, they are standing there when you are receiving the badge.

Oh, my bad then.

I would think that this wouldn't happen anyway.

I believe they're trainers. Sort of like special trainers, not the average trainers.

Sorry to Psikid! T_T

Psikid

仮面の男
You're not thinking.

Somehow I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Are you basing your comments on the recent video? Because they cut out the battle entirely. D=

Dento, when first approached: ようこそ こちら サンヨウシティ ポケモンジムです (Welcome! This is the Sanyou City Pokémon Gym.)

Cut to the next scene where the badge flashes before your eyes; two men have "magically" appeared before you.

This means that, when you first meet Dento, he is alone; when you receive the badge, two men flank him, one with red hair and the other with blue. In other words, these other two characters appear at some point between when you first speak with Dento and when he presents you with the badge.

Moreover, given that we have also seen screenshots of "Black v. Dento" in which Dento is still the only trainer in sight, it seems perfectly likely that the other two trainers arrive on the scene mid-battle.

Last edited:

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

Somehow I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Are you basing your comments on the recent video? Because they cut out the battle entirely. D=

Dento, when first approached: ようこそ こちら サンヨウシティ ポケモンジムです (Welcome! This is the Sanyou City Pokémon Gym.)

Cut to the next scene where the badge flashes before your eyes; two men have "magically" appeared before you.

This means that, when you first meet Dento, he is alone; when you receive the badge, two men flank him, one with red hair and the other with blue. In other words, these other two characters appear at some point between when you first speak with Dento and when he presents you with the badge.

Moreover, given that we have also seen screenshots of "Black v. Dento" in which Dento is still the only trainer in sight, it seems perfectly likely that the other two trainers arrive on the scene mid-battle.

Yes, I agree with everything you said in this post. And yes, I'm talking about the recent video, but it's very unlikely that it's not in order.

However, you said in the previous post about triple-battling the other 2 trainers and Dento when Dento is in a crisis.

To me, that's just unlikely.

I think they show up to congratulate you.

Psikid

仮面の男
No, I think it's in order: they just skipped over the battle in the latest video. While I would agree that such a change occurring mid-battle being unprecedented, I wouldn't discount the possibility entirely. Frankly, shaking things up in the first gym would be a great way to engage the player early on. I admit, though, that they may just appear to congratulate you. (One of the trainers can be seen "hiding" behind the fire curtain across from the grass circle.) Either way, I'm anxious to find out what happens!

Also, from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1rgd4gozIg&feature=related

"Ms. White!
Prof. Araragi is waiting at the Dragon Spiral Tower at the end of the road out of this town.
Dragon Spiral Tower...where a legendary Pokémon sleeps.
Prof. Araragi is in the process of investigating that legend."

In other words, the "road" might be one through the western mountains, from the Ice(?) gym in Sekka City (windmill town) to Dragon Spiral Tower (white tower) north of the airfield in the west. DST is undoubtedly the same spiral-shaped tower that has been shown in a number of the latest videos.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

No, I think it's in order: they just skipped over the battle in the latest video. While I would agree that such a change occurring mid-battle being unprecedented, I wouldn't discount the possibility entirely. Frankly, shaking things up in the first gym would be a great way to engage the player early on. I admit, though, that they may just appear to congratulate you. (One of the trainers can be seen "hiding" behind the fire curtain across from the grass circle.) Either way, I'm anxious to find out what happens!

Also, from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1rgd4gozIg&feature=related

"Ms. White!
Prof. Araragi is waiting at the Dragon Spiral Tower at the end of the road out of this town.
Dragon Spiral Tower...where a legendary Pokémon sleeps.
Prof. Araragi is in the process of investigating that legend."

In other words, the "road" might be one through the western mountains, from the Ice(?) gym in Sekka City (windmill town) to Dragon Spiral Tower (white tower) north of the airfield in the west. DST is undoubtedly the same spiral-shaped tower that has been shown in a number of the latest videos.

We'll see! :)

And about that, I don't think the tower that was recently shown is the "Dragon Spiral Tower".

See here?

http://i55.*******.com/dli25u.png

Sekka City is the blue circle. Since the Dragon Spiral Tower is north of Sekka City, it has to be the castle like building above.

The tower that we've seen of the player walking up in a circle is in the green circle.

Psikid

仮面の男
We'll see! :)

And about that, I don't think the tower that was recently shown is the "Dragon Spiral Tower".

See here?

Sekka City is the blue circle. Since the Dragon Spiral Tower is north of Sekka City, it has to be the castle like building above.

The tower that we've seen of the player walking up in a circle is in the green circle.

Given his phrasing of "the road out of this town," I initially thought that he meant the road north toward the castle that you mentioned. Shape-wise, though, I would certainly call it a castle, yet the game clearly uses the word "tower" (とう/塔, tou).

Also, reference this video (0:55): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVGvlT69B8M

We see an old man in a lab coat--a friend of Araragi's, no doubt--and Iris, the Kibago trainer from the anime.

Old Man: "Unfortunately, we don't know a way to awaken the legendary Dragon Pokémon..." (ざんねんながら でんせつの ドラゴンポケモンを めざめさせる ほうほうは わからぬ…)

The next scene is of your trainer ascending the spiral staircase of the building that you circled in green.

Whether the two scenes are directly related is as of yet unclear, of course. It also doesn't help that the building that you circled in red is shrouded in mists in every available copy of the map, making it difficult to discern its "true form." =/

I would agree that, in terms of placement, the "mysterious" building north of Sekka City is the most logical place for DST based on what Araragi's assistant says, but the spiral tower just through the mountains seems like an equally logical choice, particularly because of its structure. It should also be noted that you meet with her assistant when trying to exit Sekka City to the south--which, according to the map, would take you directly into the western mountains and, thus, through to the spiral tower in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.