• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Dreams

Personally, I don't see the big deal about the airport. Other than a few items on the ground, the airport seems kinda pointless. It also makes Mistalton(sp?) Town seem bigger than it actually is. In terms of housing its only a little bit bigger than the starting town!

I'd perfer if the Airport was in a seperate area near the town (like the dream yard). The main terminal could have multiple floors and NPCs from other regions and countries, even a person speaking in a forign language. There would be a few airplanes, and you can actually go inside a few. The amount of planes in the airport could be determined by time of day and season.

Just my oppinions; I mean no offense to those who like the airport.

Why don't we throw in a "Battle Airport" facility XD. After all, we have a subway already.

Or we should use it to transfer cargo (Items) from 4th gen to 5th Gen, seeing PokeTransfer can't do that.

srullic

Right now there is absolutely no grass patches or water spots in my forest, only 2 people and the trees there are about as big as my fingernail =(. And no one around me is playing black, or let alone play pokemon, so I can't use the entralink or any kind of multiplayer option. That's quite depressing.

dsguy411

I was wondering, do some of the trainers in the Sports Domes just only talk to you sometimes and not battle at all?

dsguy411

I talked to the ones on the sidelines and only about half of them battled me.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
To me the Unova region just feels really cramped. It just doesn't have the expansiveness that Sinnoh did. The layout is kind of irritating with it mainly having a ringlike setup due to the center of the region only being accessed via Entralink. I'm glad that they included trainers with higher level pokemon but without a vs. seeker this all goes completely to waste. Hopefully this will be corrected in Grey.

Serebii!

I just started yesterday and I just beat Cilan and the Unova reigon looks awesome, I am now going to the Dreamyard with Bianca to get Munna

kuyoyo

The Water Master
I'm glad that they included trainers with higher level pokemon but without a vs. seeker this all goes completely to waste. Hopefully this will be corrected in Grey.

That's the one thing I don't like about the games. Hopefully we'll either get a Vs Seeker, a better use for the Xtransceiver or a bit of both (IE the Vs Seeker for the trainers on the routes and the Xtransceiver for Gym Leaders and other important trainers).

I wish the region was bigger....idk why it just seems small to me

Grei

not the color
So... Does anyone find the running businesspeople in Castelia to be really comical? I mean, it's hundreds of people running... 24-7... for no REAL reason. It's like each one of them has some sort of demon that is constantly chasing them.

I dunno. I understand the effect of the running people but I think it ends up just looking really funny.

PlatinumAssassin

Dragon Master
I must say, I'm not a big fan of Unova or even Black and white. the games are short, the routes are short, the routes are also simple and a lot of the times you can run straight forward abd nake it to the next town. and the legendary pokemon quality has dropped down from sinnoh. And theres no big mountain or tower or anything and theres also no team plasma base. I really liked all the galactic bases in Sinnoh, and what with the straightforwardness of plasma i had assumed there would be a lot of little bases, and the 7 sages got me all pumped for 7 different little boss battles, but its not so. Sinnoh and Hoenn were both a lot better, IMO

PlatinumAssassin

Dragon Master
Of course! I'm not saying its bad, its just not up to par. Look at Sinnoh. It's a lot better than Unova! but i like Unova's non-legendary pokemon a lot more than Sinnoh's. but Sinnoh has better legendaries. and again, I prefer to be surprised by the games and i only look at the basic info of the new games. like, the pokemon, some characters, etc.
So i didnt know it would be so short. I had thought and was anticipating fighting the 7 sages throughout the game, starting with a base in the first gym place and ending with Ghetsis in N's Castle. I was very disappointed when there was no real confrontation with Team Plasma besides a few grunts and N until really Cold Storage. I suppose you could say Pinwheel Forest but it was really easy.

GameLion

The LC King
Personally, I just love the location of Unova. You see,even though I currently live in Virginia, I grew up in New Jersey. However, I was so close to New York City, I would go there all the time. Playing in the Unova region makes me feel right at home.

I really like how they now have a season cycle with Pokemon that vary by season, but I wish they still had Pokemon that varied by time of day. Really, I used to really like the day-night thing in the games, but without the Pokemon varying with the time of day it just isn't the same; now i can't even bring myself to appreciate the changes in scenery if there isn't a change in Pokemon to go with it...

pickgoldies

Trainer/Breeder
I don't think the legendary quality has gone down; if anything, I prefer Reshiram and Zekrom to Dialga and Palkia. I was never excited for 4th gen's two main legendaries, but I was genuinely interested in this region's. I'm also more interested in Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion than Mesprit, Uxie, or Azelf. I do wish they didn't make this gen's main legendaries part dragon also, though. :/

Even though I love the concept of day/night pokemon, and it makes a lot of sense, I couldn't stand it in the games because I mostly played at one certain time of the day! >.< Of course that doesn't mean I felt they should have taken it out, but I don't miss it to be honest. Part of me wishes they still did it, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.