1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Unova Region

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by Serebii, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent Conversation

Silent Conversation Formerly SinnohChamp

What I'm most excited about with the introduction of Winter is now when I enter Icirrus City, I won't be annoyed with my Dowsing Machine having a giant arrow on it, pointing to an item I can't get to.

But that ex-Rocket grunt sounds pretty awesome. I'll be sure to talk to him as I play tomorrow.

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Oh, hey, on my way to check on White Forest, I noticed that Routes 14 & 15 have no fog today either

We should probably get a list of those days going.

3. bobri28

bobri28 Get your snacks

Well I have to say that so far i am very disapointed with winter. Everything was the same except the trees turned blue and it was hailing in driftveil city. Even the trees in castelia city were still the same colour. There was no snow on the ground anywhere.

4. SpaceSheep

SpaceSheep Training Since 1998

I am really enjoying this region, there's a lot of different areas to explore, and I've loved the details they've put into it. The season cycle is definitely a winner; changed to Winter last night on me, just before catching Reshiram on Pokemon Black.... So I'm about to go explore the (hopefully) snowy goodness and my Beartic should like it :3

5. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

Wow, winter looks nice. The extra jingle sounds on the routes sound Christmassy. And I like Iccirus even better now

6. Maetch

Maetch Well-Known Member

I finally got to meet the Ex-Rocket in Icirris, and the encounter was hilarious.

Turns out, it was the crazy Engrish-speaking Power Plant robber from G/S/C/HG/SS, who has now returned home and raised a family.

7. AwesomeZekrom

AwesomeZekrom Co-Owner of pokegyms

Wow I really like this game finally a small challenge. Love the Winter season too.

8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I'm so glad that it's Winter now in the Unova region. I got tired of seeing orange trees everywhere so I welcome the green-colored trees. Anyway, I noticed that it rains a lot in that route near Lucanosa Town. I don't recall seeing rain there during Fall so I guess this is a weather effect that's exclusive to Winter. I saw hail in Mistralton City and then snow in Icirrus City. I went to Twist Mountain and took care of things there and I found a Cryogonal which was pretty cool. Winter is a pretty cool season.

9. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

We knew it was that specific Grunt since we first heard of the guy a while back, actually.

I just went through all of Unova, and it was neat. Not as many changes as I thought, but the color pallet change was neat, and I liked the snowy western half. The slight music change was neat, too.

10. Silent Conversation

As fun as Winter sounds, my Black hasn't turned to Winter...

11. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Several people have had trouble with that but it really isn't too complicated. You just need to exit the building/route in order for the season to change :]

12. Silent Conversation

Ya, I figured that out after (well, went to the Help Thread) and it changed now.

13. Grei

Grei not the color

Indeed, it is. Winter is very cool.

*snicker*

But anyway, I found the hailing in Driftveil really annoying. I'm glad it doesn't hail EVERYwhere, since it makes catching and training Pokemon that much harder.

Though I'm welcoming everything else about winter. It's a nice change from autumn, as much as I love autumn. Now I'm torn between training a Vanillite/Vanillish and going with a Haxorus like I originally planned...

14. KickAsh

KickAsh halted development

Have you caught Tornadus or Thundurus yet?

15. kuyoyo

kuyoyo The Water Master

Route 12. I've had rainfall there during the Fall a few times.

One thing I noticed in my game today is that there wasn't a swarm. Anyone else have that?

16. Lorde

Lorde Banned

No, but I know that the rain wasn't caused by one of them. The rain that I encountered was a light rain and not a storm. Although I have to admit that I thought Tornadus was in the area at first and I spent 10 minutes looking for it only to realize that the rain wasn't caused by it :x

So it randomly rains on Route 12 then. Thanks for clearing that up. As for Swarms: I had one today on Route 5, so other people should have one as well.

17. Ghastly Ninja

Ghastly Ninja Ninetales&Lilligant

The Unova region is my favorite region out of all, my reason is because it feels more realistic as the landscapes get affected by weather conditions and have a vulnerable state to them, nothing feels out of place and theirs so much to explore that you want to, i felt in sinnoh it got kinda boring and you didn't really want to explore you just wanted to complete the story get what ever pokemon you need and start wifi batttling.

18. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

According to the official guide book, Routes 14 and 15 do not have fog when it's your birthday.

19. kuyoyo

kuyoyo The Water Master

Yes, but I also had a fogless Route 14 and 15 on Thursday, and my birthday's not til the end of September. So, it must just be random days without fog like the weather conditions over Driftveil City, Mistralton City and Routes 6 & 7.

20. Xylon Uxkid

Xylon Uxkid Well-Known Member

Just entered Driftveil City and it is snowing! Looks pretty cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.