• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

srullic

I finished everything there is to do in the game, now it feels kinda sad. I just don't feel like trying to complete the dex, and I want to start building wifi teams but there's so much to get prepered for so I'm not doing that either. In hoenn and sinnoh you had lots of places to visit and sidequests to do, I mean exploring new places is what I most find fun in the games. In unova you see most of the places before you beat the game, and the post-e4 area is really short and kinda boring. I wish the region had twisted paths and little sidequests\puzzles to do. The game itself is really easy, there are no complicated mazes to go through. I didn't really enjoy a pokemon game in a long time. Mabye I should just quit pokemon...

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
The snow here in Mistralton is so annoying. I had to fight using a Cubchoo tht had a low defense and speed stat.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I finished everything there is to do in the game, now it feels kinda sad.

This is why I take my time when I play a new game. I know that if I rush through a game, I'll just get bored with it a few days later. I like the Unova region quite a bit but even I have to admit that the region offers very little once you've completed the main storyline. I mean, there's Lucanosa Town and the Giant Chasm I suppose, but once you've captured the Pokemon around that area, there isn't much to do there. You can battle in Undella Town and explore the ruins in Undella Bay, but that'll get boring eventually as well. White Forest/Black City are the only places of interest IMO, but we need to link up with other games in order to access certain features from what I've heard.

psygofo

Professional Trainer
So basically, I love the regions in and of themselves. My one problem would probably be how they changed the layout of the map. It just sort irks me that they changed it from the original square by square layout. Also the lack of oceans bothers me but otherwise the best region by far.

Tyranitar Terror

Tyranitar Trainer
So basically, I love the regions in and of themselves. My one problem would probably be how they changed the layout of the map. It just sort irks me that they changed it from the original square by square layout. Also the lack of oceans bothers me but otherwise the best region by far.

I hate the map change too.
But it's best for content!
Also glad the usual: goldenrod and jublife cities have been replaced with castella!

Geekachu

I really liked the bridges and I kinda thought they were symbolic in a way, also each of them has their own unique-ness and personality which is what I like

I liked the map too, it was different, although with the old square by square layout a lot more could have been achieved. Also they could have put something in the South West (although there seems to be a subway line running there :O )

Lastly has anyone else been to Nuvema Town, gone to the sea front at the south and seen sparkles in the water? Like actual white stars? Cause I saw them today and was like 'whoah that's new'. Yeah but I've finished the story now and all I'm doing is trying to complete the Unova Dex now, which is filling up thick and fast.

I think I might cryogenically freeze myself until a potential third game comes out.

Geekachu

Although I reckon if Ruby and Sapphire were remade, with the new graphics they could be good contenders

But I like Sinnoh as well. And Johto.

Spose I like all of them (apart from Kanto. It's a bit bland) But Unova's probably the best.

Aurath8

The hail is horrible. I really hate it when there are weather changes that harm your pokemon, like sand and such, so I'm not liking the areas with hail at all. :/

That's exactly why I set my DS clock to 2 May before I began the game. Which routes and areas are affected by Hail in Winter?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I really show favor for this region because of its scheme. You have to admit, a game that consists of buttons shaped like hexagons, a hexagonal Pokemon, and a hexagonal path.

Juka

M.c.
I like the region, it feels so different to others but not as mysterious as Sinnoh was.
My favourite region is still johto though.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I really liked the bridges and I kinda thought they were symbolic in a way, also each of them has their own unique-ness and personality which is what I like

I liked the map too, it was different, although with the old square by square layout a lot more could have been achieved. Also they could have put something in the South West (although there seems to be a subway line running there :O )

Lastly has anyone else been to Nuvema Town, gone to the sea front at the south and seen sparkles in the water? Like actual white stars? Cause I saw them today and was like 'whoah that's new'. Yeah but I've finished the story now and all I'm doing is trying to complete the Unova Dex now, which is filling up thick and fast.

I think I might cryogenically freeze myself until a potential third game comes out.

I noticed that just yesterday and thought that was pretty cool. The more I explore Unova and talk to its people, the more I find it an interesting region. Also it only hails in the western landmass of Unova.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
I really show favor for this region because of its scheme. You have to admit, a game that consists of buttons shaped like hexagons, a hexagonal Pokemon, and a hexagonal path.

Kind of ironic considering it's the FIFTH generation and not the sixth.

ChrisKoala

Eater of Nachos
So... Does anyone find the running businesspeople in Castelia to be really comical? I mean, it's hundreds of people running... 24-7... for no REAL reason. It's like each one of them has some sort of demon that is constantly chasing them.

I dunno. I understand the effect of the running people but I think it ends up just looking really funny.

I think it's funnier when you managed to stop one of them. One of the businessmen is from Kanto!

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Opelucid in Black reminds me of Time Square.
Icirrus doesn't deserve any of my favor since it reminds me of the natural parts of the state.

I like this region the best out of the five we've had so far. It's got the most to it and it looks beautiful. I just want it to be spring/summer in the game though right now. Since I bet it'll look beautiful within the game.

Hoenn is definitely my second favorite and it'd be awesome to see a remake of it with these graphics and whatever updates they plan to bring to the table.

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I finished everything there is to do in the game, now it feels kinda sad. I just don't feel like trying to complete the dex, and I want to start building wifi teams but there's so much to get prepered for so I'm not doing that either. In hoenn and sinnoh you had lots of places to visit and sidequests to do, I mean exploring new places is what I most find fun in the games. In unova you see most of the places before you beat the game, and the post-e4 area is really short and kinda boring. I wish the region had twisted paths and little sidequests\puzzles to do. The game itself is really easy, there are no complicated mazes to go through. I didn't really enjoy a pokemon game in a long time. Mabye I should just quit pokemon...

I agree with the bolded. Sidequests and, while never too hard, puzzling/brainteasing mazes add to the replay value of the games. In Unova, they sort of made caves simpler to get through and seemed to have fewer optional areas.

This is part of the reason I wonder why so many people are against Legendary Pokemon - usually they involve a sidequest or two to find, adding to the fun of the game.

It's odd that the Post-League is so short. I seem to remember an interview that said they tried to shorten the main game and expand on the post-game because they'd heard that the post-game was what Pokemon fans loved . . . other than the (short) sage hunt, I'm not really seeing much added to the Post-League areas. What ever happened to that idea?

The graphics are much better than previous gens, though, and the main game story kicked up a notch, but sidequests (and more brain-teasing caves) would be nice.

Last edited:

Geekachu

I was quite surprised when I was reading about the demographics of Unova, and according to Bulba Unova has a population of around 790, I think. Which is really surprising compared to Kanto which I think had like 300/400. I mean Nimbasa City alone has half of that :O

Status
Not open for further replies.