• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
The region itself is pretty cool. I love how the rivers carve up the landscape. Makes it look very unique.

New York has an entire mountain range. Not only do the Appalachians go into New York, the state also has the Catskill mountains, which I'm not sure are part of the Appalachians. The mountainous area of Unova seems to coincide with the mountainous area of New York. As the mountains are in the western part of the mainland and the mountains are in the western part of Unova.

Could the Victory Road Mt. have some connection with a mountain in New York?

Looks more like an anthill to me..it would make sense since Durant lives inside.

bushie

unova is great i love the gameplay when you first start the game. i usually don't buy both versions but i've been thinking about buying black so i could start over again

RedMage23

The Red Mage
New York does have the Catskill Mountains right outside the city itself which you can see from the top of the Empire State Building. The Catskills and the Adirondacks of upstate New York are part of the greater Appalachian Mountain Range of the eastern seaboard.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
I like Castelia City and White Forest but I don't like that they made th route names the same as Johto. Mountains in NY?!

lugia100

Like a boss!
When they mean New York I think they are referring to the state, not New York City.

I haven't completed the game but so far I'm impressed with Unova. The name of the region reminds me of the character Jenova in Final Fantasy 7. Anyway I like the region for several reasons.

• The pokemon. A new region means new pokemon. Thats a good thing, right?

• The region seems to be more realistic than other regions. In previous regions in seems that the only way for the average person to get around is by walking or bike. In Unova we have signs of other transport. We have proper air travel and signs of vehicles with the trucks on Skyarrow Bridge and the freeway on route 4. Although it just seems to be all trucks. I would have liked to see some other forms of land vehicles.
  • The bridges are also a good thing. Each bridge is different and it makes the whole region unique compared to the others.

• Castelia City. Unlike other big cities in the Pokemon world Castelia has been divided. It makes the city as a whole seem more realistic and I liked seeing all the people run up and down the little streets. I also liked how all the streets met up at the Castelia Central Area but I would have liked to see some more people there.

• Seasons. Make the entire region feel more realistic.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Yeah, this is my second most favorite region...the region is more urbanized, with huge buildings and whatnot, so they seem more realistic to me. The bridges, seasons, and all the vehicles really make it more realistic and modernized while still maintaining a balance between the Pokemon world and ours...

JeremyK

Definitely mightyarceus, mountain routes/cities are awesome... so are Ice pokemon

I like the bridges, especially skyarrow (the music on skyarrow is one of my fave tracks from tha game) Undella Town is nice too

but I don't like that they made th route names the same as Johto

the route names being seperate from johto/kanto/hoenn/sinnoh is to emphasise the fact that Unova is isolated a long way from the rest of the world, like america is from europe/asia is the metaphor i think... and becuase its so isolated, the route names are on a different system... i think...

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Is Unova far from the other regions when they are put on one map?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Is Unova far from the other regions when they are put on one map?

We don't know. There has been no official map with all the reigons on I beleive. But Unova is further away from all the reigons, so yes it is far.

I do hope one day, we are given a map of all the reigons. Like a World Map.

Nakashima

I love this region.
Really, its pretty amazing, the layout of the towns and areas are much better done than in previous games imho.
Gotta say I was doubtfull of how it would turn out when I heard it would be based on bigger cities, but they did a truly wonderful job!

I like the diversity of Unova (you go from a huge city to a desert to a Los Vegas type city), but I also hate the linearity.

Plus, it has my favourite dungeon ever - Chargestone Cave

Status
Not open for further replies.