• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I really like the Isshu region, most of the cities are awesome. The region sometimes looks pretty small, but now after we saw the new map of the official sities I can say it's a great region.

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
Well it's my favourite region so far, there seems to be alot of forest areas,great cities and interesting places to look at. There also dosen't seem to be alot of water routes which I like^_^

I'm betting that abandoned factory will be where alot of ghost-type Pokemon are^_^

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I really like the Isshu region, most of the cities are awesome. The region sometimes looks pretty small, but now after we saw the new map of the official sities I can say it's a great region.

Don't judge the region just yet. We can only see like three or four cities at the moment and random castles and temples everywhere else. A few cities isn't all Isshu has to offer.

I don't really know what to think of Isshu. The current map is obviously a beta map meant to keep everyone sane until the official map is revealed, but even so it looks pretty bland. A mixture of ice, rock, forest, and city which actually looked better in Sinnoh as opposed to Isshu. That's really my only "isshu" with Isshu though. I don't care about size. Size doesn't matter and shape doesn't either.

The map is not the final map, it's a beta map, like Kira said. Also there is an airport shown, and I doubt there is gonna be an airport with no planes ;)

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

for what I have seen I like it a lot especialy the season changes

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I love Isshu.. though not exactly looking like alot of water routes. I love water routes, and Isshu seems to have few if any! But the reigon looks like their is alot more to exlore.

Roach

In America!
Even if it is only a Beta Map it still looks all over the place. It just seems like Game Freak have thrown a bit of everything in without really organising it well.

Torpoleon

The Isshu Region seems pretty cool. I like how it is farther away from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn & Sinnoh. I also like the inclusion of seasonal changes & different towns/cities depending your game! I can't wait to see the final version of the Isshu Region Map!

Sabonea_Masukippa

Even if it is only a Beta Map it still looks all over the place. It just seems like Game Freak have thrown a bit of everything in without really organising it well.

It looks a bit funky, but that's because we're not seeing every building in each town (yet). Some are quite detailed, like Hiun City, whereas Sekka City, near the wind mills, is reduced to nothing more than the Gym, which make the map we have now look dispropotiante.

In-game I'm sure it'll feel much more cohesive and complete. :)

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

The map we have is NOT the beta map. It's the official map that they've given us. It seems that they won't use the design they've been doing since the 3rd generation.
The map is just showing the major points, when in reality, the in-game will be much bigger. :]

Rokroad

Hot Drops
I really like it, with the season changes and such.

I really wonder what there will be in Hiun City, that place is so big!

Sabonea_Masukippa

The map we have is NOT the beta map. It's the official map that they've given us. It seems that they won't use the design they've been doing since the 3rd generation.
The map is just showing the major points, when in reality, the in-game will be much bigger. :]

You're right it's not the beta map. But it's likely not the final map we'll get of the region. Like in Gen 4 we had a "teaser" map of Sinnoh, which was fully unveiled in the Corocoro just prior to release.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

You're right it's not the beta map. But it's likely not the final map we'll get of the region. Like in Gen 4 we had a "teaser" map of Sinnoh, which was fully unveiled in the Corocoro just prior to release.

That's right.

I really can't remember when we got the "full" art for Sinnoh. And I thought the "teaser" map was revealed a few months before release, not a month before? I'll go check the Archived News on the main site. :D

EDIT: We got the in-game map in July '06. I know for sure, the "teaser" art was reveiled before that date.

EDIT 2: We got the "teaser" map in June. I checked Bmgf. The thread was created in June. Possibly earlier.

Last edited:

Sabonea_Masukippa

That's right.

I really can't remember when we got the "full" art for Sinnoh. And I thought the "teaser" map was revealed a few months before release, not a month before? I'll go check the Archived News on the main site. :D

EDIT: We got the in-game map in July '06. I know for sure, the "teaser" art was reveiled before that date.

EDIT 2: We got the "teaser" map in June. I checked Bmgf. The thread was created in June. Possibly earlier.

oh oops. Bad grammar. I meant we got the teaser map, which was then superseeded by the release of the full map in the corocoro just before release.

Grei

not the color
I do not understand anyone who is griping about how small Isshu apparently is.

Seriously, think about it.

We have a huge expanse of land near your Home Town to travel through before you finally reach a bridge, which takes you to the extremely-large Hiun City. Above Hiun City is a large desert and above that a Carnival-esque area. Above that we have the High Link area and further cities above that. To the left we have a number of cities, a mountain, then more cities. In the northernmost areas, there are locations of interest. We know we'll be getting a revised map because there has to be some way to get to those locations, so we'll get more routes and possibly more locations of interest along the way. Furthermore, there is cloud cover, and knowing Game Freak, the clouds are hiding something that'll either be post-Elite Four or exclusive to the 3rd Installment.

Tell me that isn't big enough. The people who complain about how Isshu seems too small seriously need to calm down and think logically, because we obviously are not seeing everything in Isshu.

bioteddy

From what i've seen, it seems that while the map itself is small, each individual city, town, and route will be huge to compensate. the screenshots of hiunn city made it seem like it in itself was large enough to be a full region, at least it my mind. I'd say it's a good idea if it is what they're going for. Get the detail in there, rather than cram three buildings into the relative location of a city in the area you're basing the map off of and call it a town.

Sakrey

Caring Career
It looks a bit funky, but that's because we're not seeing every building in each town (yet). Some are quite detailed, like Hiun City, whereas Sekka City, near the wind mills, is reduced to nothing more than the Gym, which make the map we have now look dispropotiante.

In-game I'm sure it'll feel much more cohesive and complete. :)

I think that is why people complain about Isshu region; they only see a few buildings scattered through the whole land and think "That's all? There is too much greenery and moutains in this map to my taste."

And as a reply to them, I will say -like many other- that this map is not the true representation of the region of Isshu. It most likely shows only areas or buildings of interest (Like Gym, Musical Hall, High Link, abandoned factory and many many other things); look at Shippou City area: the map only show one unique building (which is the museum where you fight gym leader Aloe) along with the railway, I don't think that this will be the only building in Shippou City :)

Of course, on the other hand we've got big Huin City, but I believe they have over-detailed the city just to emphasize the fact that Huin City is like the crossroads [am I correct ? I search the word but I don't know if it is the right one in this context XD]of Isshu (many people, a HUGE port where many boats can drop anchor)

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

I think that is why people complain about Isshu region; they only see a few buildings scattered through the whole land and think "That's all? There is too much greenery and moutains in this map to my taste."

And as a reply to them, I will say -like many other- that this map is not the true representation of the region of Isshu. It most likely shows only areas or buildings of interest (Like Gym, Musical Hall, High Link, abandoned factory and many many other things); look at Shippou City area: the map only show one unique building (which is the museum where you fight gym leader Aloe) along with the railway, I don't think that this will be the only building in Shippou City :)

Of course, on the other hand we've got big Huin City, but I believe they have over-detailed the city just to emphasize the fact that Huin City is like the crossroads [am I correct ? I search the word but I don't know if it is the right one in this context XD]of Isshu (many people, a HUGE port where many boats can drop anchor)

You're right, you could also say that Hiun City is the central hub. But either way works. :]

I can't wait till people play the games and realize how big Isshu is going to be and they'll be like "What? I thought Isshu was tiny!?!?"
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.