• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

The game (in my mind) is going a lot deeper into modern problems and concerns (about the environment etc)then previous games, perhaps I am reading to much into it but it seems almost as if it is speaking about changing times, how technology has changed civilisation etc etc.

The way I look at Isshu is that we start of in fairly small towns (Aloe the second gym leader looks like an olden day baker IMO), then a massive culture shock of Hiun city comes out of nowhere, I would not be surprised if that is where we face our first team Plasma "big issue".

But once again, maybe i am reading too much into things.

I don't know what you mean by "big issue", but we know that the player character will meet with Team Plasma in Karakusa Town (the town after the starting town). They're causing a commotion in the town and making an announcement of some sort to the townspeople.

MUSE+.+

there's a village in the desert, but not a ghost, cause I see two houses with roofs, windows and even closed doors, but they made it pretty blurry..

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

there's a village in the desert, but not a ghost, cause I see two houses with roofs, windows and even closed doors, but they made it pretty blurry..

Yeah, we've noticed.

But I think it's a ghost town, because it's not an official town on the town map. And there's more than 2 houses, there are rundown buildings as well.

And notice that there are 2 weird skull looking objects in the northwest of the desert? Maybe they're our fossil Pokemon? The in-game map even shows that there's a point of interest there! :D

The game (in my mind) is going a lot deeper into modern problems and concerns (about the environment etc)then previous games, perhaps I am reading to much into it but it seems almost as if it is speaking about changing times, how technology has changed civilisation etc etc.

The way I look at Isshu is that we start of in fairly small towns (Aloe the second gym leader looks like an olden day baker IMO), then a massive culture shock of Hiun city comes out of nowhere, I would not be surprised if that is where we face our first team Plasma "big issue".

But once again, maybe i am reading too much into things.

You meet them in Kakaruso Town or however you spell it, then later on in the ruins north of Kakoruso, with a Munna and Musharna. That's all we know about them. And there's a grunt causing trouble in the Victini event. If they were in Hiun I doubt it would be a mass operation like Team Rocket and Goldenrod.
And also when you receive the Liberty Ticket from Wi-Fi

MUSE+.+

Yeah, we've noticed.

But I think it's a ghost town, because it's not an official town on the town map. And there's more than 2 houses, there are rundown buildings as well.

And notice that there are 2 weird skull looking objects in the northwest of the desert? Maybe they're our fossil Pokemon? The in-game map even shows that there's a point of interest there! :D

stil I think someone lives in those houses, like maybe an old lady for healing or so, cause the battles will be in sandstorm like R/S/E probably..

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

stil I think someone lives in those houses, like maybe an old lady for healing or so, cause the battles will be in sandstorm like R/S/E probably..

There might be some sort of trainers, like Ninja boys who hide in the abandoned homes. Sounds good to me. :D

MUSE+.+

There might be some sort of trainers, like Ninja boys who hide in the abandoned homes. Sounds good to me. :D

yeah, I liked those ninja trio's in sinnoh cause I never learned my pokemon defog cause it was such a crappy HM, and the the ninja's popped out of nowhere!

Glue

Snorunt = cool ^o^
I dont like the sound of diagonal paths, does that mean we have to go up then left up then left or right repeatedly? Because that could get annoying.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

I dont like the sound of diagonal paths, does that mean we have to go up then left up then left or right repeatedly? Because that could get annoying.

I doubt it's even diagonal, I think it's the way they designed the in-game map.

But, if it is indeed diagonal. They'd change the direction and you will go diagonal while pushing up. :]

It works for Sky Arrow Bridge, one video showed a player going around the circle ramp while still facing up.

rocky505

Wasn't cycling road in Kanto diagonal in it's original art as well?

Glue

Snorunt = cool ^o^
I doubt it's even diagonal, I think it's the way they designed the in-game map.

But, if it is indeed diagonal. They'd change the direction and you will go diagonal while pushing up. :]

It works for Sky Arrow Bridge, one video showed a player going around the circle ramp while still facing up.

Oh ya I remember that, thats gonna throw me off real bad, but I guess it kind of makes sense.

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

Wasn't cycling road in Kanto diagonal in it's original art as well?

What original art?

The Cycling Road in Kanto was vertical in-games. Some map art has it curved, and some have it straight like FRLG & HGSS's official map art.

But I don't get your point.

-----
I decided to make a map of what I think the in-game map (as in the overworld) would look like. Sorry for the horrendousness, I used it on paint and on a laptop... >.<

This here shows that it's diagonal. The official map, we know it's exaggerated, because of the number of houses in Kanoko Town.
http://i56.*******.com/34hcgth.png

And this is my Painting skill on a laptop! XP
You get out of Lighthouse City then you go left and then up the route. And then you go into a cave and come out the cave and go left and up into the Airport City.

The in-game map is just visual representation and just shows a route connecting point to point.
http://i56.*******.com/2whhxn9.png

I believe the overworld won't have diagonal routes. The map is just showing point to point, not following the routes. That's what I think

Last edited:
so anything exciting discovered in the Isshu map as of late? And secondly, any sightings for White Forest and Black City anywhere on the map? Also, do you think we could go outside of Isshu since there's an airport rather than the seaport?

βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη

so anything exciting discovered in the Isshu map as of late? And secondly, any sightings for White Forest and Black City anywhere on the map? Also, do you think we could go outside of Isshu since there's an airport rather than the seaport?

No... Nothing exciting has been discovered. I guess.

Black City and White Forest is not known where it will be on the map. I'm assuming it's under the clouds, which covers 3 possible cities.

And I would say that it might go out of Isshu. Idk, we'll have to wait. :3

PartyPokemon

L or Kira?
Isshu just might be the best region yet.

Sabonea_Masukippa

After viewing those videos...my golly gosh Isshu looks awesome. Me wanty to play these games now.

Sakrey

Caring Career
Same here! Isshu landscapes are so diverse, there are so many differences between areas, which confort me in the idea that Isshu is one freaking big region :)

I love you Isshu <3 !

Last edited:

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Isshu region is a revolution! Its awesome and after watching the trailers it has occupied my heart

rocky505

What original art?

The Cycling Road in Kanto was vertical in-games. Some map art has it curved, and some have it straight like FRLG & HGSS's official map art.

But I don't get your point.

-----
I decided to make a map of what I think the in-game map (as in the overworld) would look like. Sorry for the horrendousness, I used it on paint and on a laptop... >.<

This here shows that it's diagonal. The official map, we know it's exaggerated, because of the number of houses in Kanoko Town.
http://i56.*******.com/34hcgth.png

And this is my Painting skill on a laptop! XP
You get out of Lighthouse City then you go left and then up the route. And then you go into a cave and come out the cave and go left and up into the Airport City.

The in-game map is just visual representation and just shows a route connecting point to point.
http://i56.*******.com/2whhxn9.png

I believe the overworld won't have diagonal routes. The map is just showing point to point, not following the routes. That's what I think
Yes it was curved in gen 1 and 2 it was slanted in the anime (Which doesn't matter)

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
The airport seems not to be a big yellow dot, but that small green one. The spiral tower though, now that's a yellow dot. I think. But yeah, Isshu, holy hell does my heart pound for you, love how awesome it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.