• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Unova Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
What I'm most excited about with the introduction of Winter is now when I enter Icirrus City, I won't be annoyed with my Dowsing Machine having a giant arrow on it, pointing to an item I can't get to.

But that ex-Rocket grunt sounds pretty awesome. I'll be sure to talk to him as I play tomorrow.

R_N

Oh, hey, on my way to check on White Forest, I noticed that Routes 14 & 15 have no fog today either

We should probably get a list of those days going.

bobri28

Get your snacks
Well I have to say that so far i am very disapointed with winter. Everything was the same except the trees turned blue and it was hailing in driftveil city. Even the trees in castelia city were still the same colour. There was no snow on the ground anywhere.

SpaceSheep

Training Since 1998
I am really enjoying this region, there's a lot of different areas to explore, and I've loved the details they've put into it. The season cycle is definitely a winner; changed to Winter last night on me, just before catching Reshiram on Pokemon Black.... So I'm about to go explore the (hopefully) snowy goodness and my Beartic should like it :3

Grey Wind

Wow, winter looks nice. The extra jingle sounds on the routes sound Christmassy. And I like Iccirus even better now

Maetch

I finally got to meet the Ex-Rocket in Icirris, and the encounter was hilarious.

Turns out, it was the crazy Engrish-speaking Power Plant robber from G/S/C/HG/SS, who has now returned home and raised a family.

AwesomeZekrom

Co-Owner of pokegyms
Wow I really like this game finally a small challenge. Love the Winter season too.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm so glad that it's Winter now in the Unova region. I got tired of seeing orange trees everywhere so I welcome the green-colored trees. Anyway, I noticed that it rains a lot in that route near Lucanosa Town. I don't recall seeing rain there during Fall so I guess this is a weather effect that's exclusive to Winter. I saw hail in Mistralton City and then snow in Icirrus City. I went to Twist Mountain and took care of things there and I found a Cryogonal which was pretty cool. Winter is a pretty cool season.

R_N

I finally got to meet the Ex-Rocket in Icirris, and the encounter was hilarious.

Turns out, it was the crazy Engrish-speaking Power Plant robber from G/S/C/HG/SS, who has now returned home and raised a family.

We knew it was that specific Grunt since we first heard of the guy a while back, actually.

I just went through all of Unova, and it was neat. Not as many changes as I thought, but the color pallet change was neat, and I liked the snowy western half. The slight music change was neat, too.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
As fun as Winter sounds, my Black hasn't turned to Winter...

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Several people have had trouble with that but it really isn't too complicated. You just need to exit the building/route in order for the season to change :]

Ya, I figured that out after (well, went to the Help Thread) and it changed now.

Grei

not the color
Winter is a pretty cool season.

Indeed, it is. Winter is very cool.

*snicker*

But anyway, I found the hailing in Driftveil really annoying. I'm glad it doesn't hail EVERYwhere, since it makes catching and training Pokemon that much harder.

Though I'm welcoming everything else about winter. It's a nice change from autumn, as much as I love autumn. Now I'm torn between training a Vanillite/Vanillish and going with a Haxorus like I originally planned...

KickAsh

halted development
I'm so glad that it's Winter now in the Unova region. I got tired of seeing orange trees everywhere so I welcome the green-colored trees. Anyway, I noticed that it rains a lot in that route near Lucanosa Town. I don't recall seeing rain there during Fall so I guess this is a weather effect that's exclusive to Winter.
Have you caught Tornadus or Thundurus yet?

kuyoyo

The Water Master
I'm so glad that it's Winter now in the Unova region. I got tired of seeing orange trees everywhere so I welcome the green-colored trees. Anyway, I noticed that it rains a lot in that route near Lucanosa Town. I don't recall seeing rain there during Fall so I guess this is a weather effect that's exclusive to Winter. I saw hail in Mistralton City and then snow in Icirrus City. I went to Twist Mountain and took care of things there and I found a Cryogonal which was pretty cool. Winter is a pretty cool season.

Route 12. I've had rainfall there during the Fall a few times.

One thing I noticed in my game today is that there wasn't a swarm. Anyone else have that?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Have you caught Tornadus or Thundurus yet?

No, but I know that the rain wasn't caused by one of them. The rain that I encountered was a light rain and not a storm. Although I have to admit that I thought Tornadus was in the area at first and I spent 10 minutes looking for it only to realize that the rain wasn't caused by it :x

Route 12. I've had rainfall there during the Fall a few times.

One thing I noticed in my game today is that there wasn't a swarm. Anyone else have that?

So it randomly rains on Route 12 then. Thanks for clearing that up. As for Swarms: I had one today on Route 5, so other people should have one as well.

Ghastly Ninja

Ninetales&Lilligant
The Unova region is my favorite region out of all, my reason is because it feels more realistic as the landscapes get affected by weather conditions and have a vulnerable state to them, nothing feels out of place and theirs so much to explore that you want to, i felt in sinnoh it got kinda boring and you didn't really want to explore you just wanted to complete the story get what ever pokemon you need and start wifi batttling.

Aegon

Oh, hey, on my way to check on White Forest, I noticed that Routes 14 & 15 have no fog today either

According to the official guide book, Routes 14 and 15 do not have fog when it's your birthday.

kuyoyo

The Water Master

According to the official guide book, Routes 14 and 15 do not have fog when it's your birthday.

Yes, but I also had a fogless Route 14 and 15 on Thursday, and my birthday's not til the end of September. So, it must just be random days without fog like the weather conditions over Driftveil City, Mistralton City and Routes 6 & 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.